Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:27:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is bitcoin Gold ? How To Claim It ?  (Read 784 times)
ronypro

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:08:07 PM

You need to have bitcoin to the address which you are holding the private key before the block 491,407 is mined. After that, you will have bitcoin gold. Use the private key of the address which you store your bitcoin before block 491,407 and import it to the bitcoin gold wallet to receive bitcoin gold.
Butcoin gold is a forked coin of bitcoin itself.
And to claim bitcoin gold right now the most trused exchange is yobit you have to sumbit your public key there.
but i personally donot trust yobit ,i preffer to wait for btgs  own wallet  to come and then i will claim my btg through their own wallet.
I hope you will wait too.Donot risk your bitcoins for gold..Tongue
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:32:12 AM

Bitcoin gold will be created due to hard fork on october 25th.You will receive equal amount of BTG as the amount of BTC you have in your wallet.It is created just like bitcoin cash was created earlier.But this time,BTG lacks miners support totally.

So,it would have a very less impact on bitcoin's price.It would be just a clone of bitcoin,but with no support.People who show interest in BTG just want to enjoy free air drop and get some free coins to get some quick cash.

Other than that,it may be just pumped and dumped by big whales to get profits instead of pumping altcoins.

Just one more shit coin another time.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:37:07 AM

I still can't for the life of me figure out if bitcoin gold even has a wallet. Does anyone actually know of one that's working so I can dump this shitcoin ASAP??? It has and will have no real use and no real value.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:43:19 AM

just read the title want to have all info on it.
It's an altcoin being created through a fork which should be happening sometime soon according to the people who are pushing it, they are intending to make a new Bitcoin which is "how it used to be", or decentralizing it further or whatever the hell. It's not like it's anything new and it likely won't be going anywhere either.

In order to claim the altcoin all you need to have is a private key which has some Bitcoin within it and then, once the fork happens and there is a client which supports it, you can import your private key into the wallet and you'll now have some BTCG or whatever the acronym is. That's your quick guide to claiming BTCG, assuming that I have all of the steps right.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: