Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:12:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex. What happen?  (Read 1856 times)
eance

Activity: 402
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:59:43 PM

Better safe than sorry, withdraw your funds if you can, wait until the dust settle. It seems to be geographical target purge, most of the accounts targeted comes from outside US.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coiner_

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:21:00 PM

afraid to log into my account....there must be a reason why they are doing that...

I was too earlier today and when I eventually did was met with this terribly misleading message (if you have a pre-August account it seems):

They say you can't withdraw if you're unverified (which I am as I refuse to put in personal details into crypto related stuff except as a last resort) but that's not quite accurate, for me at least. I successfully withdrew my BTC balance there without putting in all those details just shy of DNA samples and though it did take a while, it's fully confirmed in my wallet. If you see that it wouldn't hurt to try.
eance

Activity: 402
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:04:02 AM

I had same message and I could withdrew my coins.. No problem. so far
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:50:34 AM

Now I'm really concerned about the accusations of people about Bittrex, I have a couple of coins and BTC there and when I read some negative feedbacks about accounts being disabled and can't withdraw I tried to log in to my account but I had no problems with it nor was my account disabled but I'm afraid if I'm not able to withdraw or the next time I log in I would be disabled too, I hope they fix this issue right away.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:54:01 AM

I had same message and I could withdrew my coins.. No problem. so far
Currently most of members can withdraw this is implementing for new users because regulator authorities bringing new laws for these exchanges hope this will permanently set for all old and new accounts in near future not only in USA in other parts of world also
In the silence

Activity: 1282
Merit: 294

''Vincit qui se vincit''

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:01:11 AM

This is their responds to the complainants and cointelegrph https://cointelegraph.com/tags/bittrex

Im not verified in bittrex so i myself afraid that my funds may locked.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:57:10 AM

I believe this is not new. Almost everyone advices never to make any exchanges as your storing wallet. Use the exchange only for exchanging. Why does anyone would trust someone else to store their wealth? So many cases we have seen and yet people are still committing the same mistakes over and over again. You have given bittrex the power to act like god of crypto so now they are behaving such way. Take that power away from them they will treat you better. However it is like a new trend these days, no exchange last longer than a certain period of time. I wonder what is actually causing this? Are they investing someone elses coin in something else? mismanagement? poor handling of peoples fund? I have no idea and i am not accusing. I am just wondering, how many exchanges have gone down now. It is time for a trustless exchange. These people controlling exchanges will becoming dinosaurs very soon if they do not improve.

The problem is, nobody wants to have 50 altcoin  hardware wallets on their PC.

If's fine having a bitcoin wallet (just make sure you have a LOT of memory on your machine). But when you have to start adding alt wallets it just gets too much.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:35:27 PM

I hope we all understand that Bittrex is in the US and we all know how US can be with compliance. However, i do not see a cause for alarm since bittrex has already come out to state the reasons why they decided to lock some accounts. For those who may need it, here is why;

We occasionally conduct compliance reviews and are working vigilantly to protect our service and our users from harm. As part of a compliance review, we have temporarily suspended certain accounts pending the completion of the review. The total number of suspended, closed, or banned accounts is very limited: less than 0.1% of the total accounts on Bittrex.  More than 99.9% of Bittrex accounts are unaffected

However, I feel the users of this account should have been communicated to via email, instead of just putting a halt to their account when we are talking about assets/cash here. Things are not done that way and stuffs like this can start making people loose trust and start looking for alternatives.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:23:02 PM

it is best to stay away from them in my opinion. there is risk of another Cryptsy or Mt Gox happening and with all the banned-for-no-reason accounts they blocked a large amount of money that they will probably never pay back.

on top of it you should be aware that if you use bittrex all your account details and all your activities will be reported to the authorities. because the is no other reason for asking for documents like this and forcing people if they weren't working with the 3 letter agencies

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1151

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:28:45 PM

Now I'm really concerned about the accusations of people about Bittrex, I have a couple of coins and BTC there and when I read some negative feedbacks about accounts being disabled and can't withdraw I tried to log in to my account but I had no problems with it nor was my account disabled but I'm afraid if I'm not able to withdraw or the next time I log in I would be disabled too, I hope they fix this issue right away.
People get panic pretty fast and always end up sending unnecessary wrong messages rather than relaxing and taking their time to see where fault could have generated from.

Lots of new regulations are introduced most times by regulatory authority and to keep the system on, and not end up getting shut down while users lose their funds, then they always take precautionary measures. Unverified accounts were targeted the way I ended up seeing it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
jossiel

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:37:04 PM

There is lots of users on bittrex exchange, they say their account disabled. no support from bittrex. Cointelegraph says to receive many complaints.

What do you think happen at bittrex right now?

I have seen that on the cointelegraph facebook page and there are thousands of accounts that are disabled surprisingly.

And it's quite odd that they aren't disclosing before what's the real reason behind the closure of many accounts without any reminder or short notice to their traders.

They just released an official statement over concerns regarding disabled accounts. Statement is pasted below.

"We would like to address recent reports regarding Bittrex account suspensions.

We occasionally conduct compliance reviews and are working vigilantly to protect our service and our users from harm. As part of a compliance review, we have temporarily suspended certain accounts pending the completion of the review. The total number of suspended, closed, or banned accounts is very limited: less than 0.1% of the total accounts on Bittrex.  More than 99.9% of Bittrex accounts are unaffected.

Any reports that Bittrex miscalculated or misapplied its exchange fees, that there is a security problem with the exchange, that Bittrex lost any coins stored on users’ behalf, or that Bittrex is banning people trying to access Slack to discuss the status of their accounts are incorrect.  We are committed to making Bittrex a strong, safe, and compliant exchange where people can securely participate in the digital currency economy.  We ask for patience from our highly valued customers.  As for us, we plan to “keep calm, and carry on.”
"

And that means that thousands of users are just their 0.1 % users which means there's really a lot of users of bittrex.

or it mean that bittrex exchange is lying.

What lying? They are business and they have to comply to whatever the country where they are operating certain rules of operation or if they are being pressured.

I have read that it's because of IRS so they are also following what's the standard that what's given to them and for those closed account they are giving an instruction on how they can activate their account.

And if you are one of those people that has been disabled for using their trading platform you really have to follow and comply. US is becoming strict to the bitcoin exchanges / trading platforms.

<<- Rent this out ->>
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:56:34 PM

So is this true? Or just an accusation? Maybe the didnt somehow comply with something. I havent tried bittrex yet but i was planning to its best to read this kinds of before doing so.
jossiel

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:18:07 AM

So is this true? Or just an accusation? Maybe the didnt somehow comply with something. I havent tried bittrex yet but i was planning to its best to read this kinds of before doing so.

No, not an accusation it's for real but it's a matter of compliance to what IRS is pushing them. You can still use bittrex as they are one of the most reliable trading platform.

That disabling of account has a purpose and they don't disable a user account if he's got upgraded verification. But if you think it's not worth for you to use them, then don't use them. Everything seems to be fine again if most of their users gain the control again with their accounts.

<<- Rent this out ->>
pasmas

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:25:06 AM

I am stunned from what I have read. i havent had problem till now but now I am withdrawing all my funds

▬▬▬▬ Lendoit ▮ P2P Cross Border Lending ▮ Lendoit ▬▬▬▬
All You Need Is Loan ▰▰ Revolutionizing the Lending Industry
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[TGE on December 2017]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:03:14 AM

What lying? They are business and they have to comply to whatever the country where they are operating certain rules of operation or if they are being pressured.

I have read that it's because of IRS so they are also following what's the standard that what's given to them and for those closed account they are giving an instruction on how they can activate their account.

And if you are one of those people that has been disabled for using their trading platform you really have to follow and comply. US is becoming strict to the bitcoin exchanges / trading platforms.

The rules they're trying to enforce go beyond anything that either the Americans or Europeans require.

Also - I'd be very careful about uploading private information to these exchanges. Most get hacked, and then the info is sold on the dark web. With cryptsy, people started getting phishing emails (because the email addresses had been sold). Imagine how much worse it would be if your passport and other ID details were sold.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:44:46 AM

Better safe than sorry, withdraw your funds if you can, wait until the dust settle. It seems to be geographical target purge, most of the accounts targeted comes from outside US.
We cannot just speculate it is geographically targeted. I am from outside the US and I do not have any problem with my account and neither have I anytime before since I have been using bittrex. However, if something like this is going on or possibly I did not log in at that time due to time zone, there must have been a reason why bittrex must have been doing that.
artmen007

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:46:01 PM

Bittrex wrote that it was locked no more than 0.5 percent of users. And what is the usual regular checks from time to time.

BUT what I don't understand is the fact that was blocked by countries such as Russia, Iran, etc.

I would understand if bittrex pressured the U.S. government and requested to cover access for US citizens. BUT what about these countries and why it was blocked these users do not understand?

High risk high payoff
tamanegi

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:04:49 AM

No, not an accusation it's for real but it's a matter of compliance to what IRS is pushing them. You can still use bittrex as they are one of the most reliable trading platform.

That disabling of account has a purpose and they don't disable a user account if he's got upgraded verification. But if you think it's not worth for you to use them, then don't use them. Everything seems to be fine again if most of their users gain the control again with their accounts.

This is one of the reason on their support site:
"There are other scenarios that cause a wallet to be disabled.  In general, the wallet is disabled to prevent users attempting to deposit or withdraw to a wallet that may not be functioning properly."
neosante

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:13:10 AM

ı cant withdraw my coins (almost 2500$) for 8 days. ı sent them all my documents to verify my account to make it manuel. because the system doesnt let me do it. ı tried many times that they blocked it. ı opened a ticked and waiting for 8 days. hope that ı will solve the problem otherwise ı cant withdraw my coins...
blacktux88

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 05:19:49 PM

holy shit hope this will go away  Huh Huh Huh

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: