Bitcoin Forum
September 20, 2024, 06:51:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with pywallet, please  (Read 846 times)
Fizpok (OP)

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 07:03:50 AM

Hi,
I have installed this thing. It runs the wallet from the default location. Windows.
It reports success when importing private keys.
But a) I can not see them when open wallet with wallet-qt, and
b) When I use pywallet to DUMP, keys are not there either.
Any suggestions?

Ethereum Programming Guide
Create Solidity contracts: Step-by Step Hands-on Guides.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1257

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:33:53 AM

Are you sure you import keys in the same wallet that you dump?
If you can't see the address in the dump right after the import, there's definitely a problem.
How do you import? Something like 5j82Ds8... or an hex key (14d1b5a40c7e...) ?

If you need to solve this quick you can import through bitcoin-qt. I'd still like some help/info to fix it if it's a bug.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Fizpok (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 08:42:12 AM

Address sample: 5KhNXwTHccfDWTuKugwBGdRoXk8h7vms16MgE84YX3Vshn5dxf7
I run --web, I see the directory (c:\users...) and name (wallet.dat), I type the path to import file (d:\Temp\test.txt).
It displays "File imported", VERY fast. Like 500 keys per second.

I cannot use bitcoin-qt. The whole problem is - it is too slow. I was hoping, pywallet imports keys faster, as I have a large list: store, customers, list of keys for each etc. It can easily be 10,000, which means overnight processing in bitcoin-qt (it does 1 key per second with rescan set to false).

BTW:
a) should bitcoin-qt be that slow?
b) will pywallet be any faster, if I fix the problem? Because if it does not, I need to look for another solution Smiley

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:50:51 AM

I run --web, I see the directory (c:\users...) and name (wallet.dat), I type the path to import file (d:\Temp\test.txt).

I cannot use bitcoin-qt. The whole problem is - it is too slow. I was hoping, pywallet imports keys faster, as I have a large list: store, customers, list of keys for each etc. It can easily be 10,000, which means overnight processing in bitcoin-qt (it does 1 key per second with rescan set to false).

BTW:
b) will pywallet be any faster, if I fix the problem? Because if it does not, I need to look for another solution Smiley

a) Yes I think so
b) I'm not sure, give it a try. If not, it's because when you import a private key, you also need to import the public key. And calculating the public key from the private key takes some time. So I don't think you can do anything to be faster

I thought you were importing a single address, that was odd it didn't work
I think I see what happens, you surely didn't format the test.txt file correctly
A line must be like this:
5KhNXwTHccfDWTuKugwBGdRoXk8h7vms16MgE84YX3Vshn5dxf7;label, whatever you want

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Fizpok (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 09:14:24 AM

It works.
Thank you VERY MUCH Smiley

BTW:

a) Yes I think so
b) I'm not sure, give it a try. If not, it's because when you import a private key, you also need to import the public key. And calculating the public key from the private key takes some time. So I don't think you can do anything to be faster

I thought you were importing a single address, that was odd it didn't work
I think I see what happens, you surely didn't format the test.txt file correctly
A line must be like this:
5KhNXwTHccfDWTuKugwBGdRoXk8h7vms16MgE84YX3Vshn5dxf7;label, whatever you want

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:34:49 AM

Glad it worked  Smiley
Is it faster than bitcoin-qt?

Fizpok (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 10:59:40 AM

Glad it worked  Smiley
Is it faster than bitcoin-qt?

It is a bit faster, but from what I learned on this forum, it is not because it is faster Smiley but because bitcoind works slower ON MY COMP, then it does on other people's software.

Fizpok (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 11:00:05 AM

I mean other people's hardware Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: