Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:07:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost my eth during the fork and some of my erc20 token ! WTF  (Read 2265 times)
wancho (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:18:12 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 02:31:08 PM by wancho

Anyone experienced this? I lost half of my eth during the fork, I'm using myetherwallet. What F did happen?
this is the proof https://etherscan.io/address/0x87977De493D7e2a765d514f26575C6C1eb842BB7
one of my ERC20 token is a bounty reward and it went back to the sender, I think it is FORK ERROR

this is the full information. what's weird is, only half of my eth is stolen and the only one erc20 token.
I've got others that have price. My eth was just for token transfer but they steal it? and just half of  it?

Im using myetherwallet
check my balance with etherscan.io

THERE HAVE BEEN 13 TRANSACTIONS,
THE 12 TRANSACTION IS, THEY TRANSFER HALF OF MY ETH TO 12 DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS
AND MY ERC20 TO 1 DIFFERENT ACCOUNT.

IT HAPPENED DURING ETHEREUM FORK DAY, TWO THINGS ARE POSSIBLE:
ITS EITHER I AM VICTIM OF PHISHING OR THE FORK.

HOLY SHIT !

THE TRANSFERING OF MY TOKENS TOOK 3 HOURS BUT STOP, HALF OF MY ETH WAS STOLEN
AND CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS TRANSACTION OF ERC20 TOKEN,
THE MAIN QUESTION IS THIS: who got my erc20 token?

(TXHASH)0xe5afc9322a   4373387   
(AGE)15 hrs 52 mins ago   
THIS IS MY ETH ADDRESS(FROM)0x87977de493d7e2a765d514f26575c6c1eb842bb7   
OUT(TO)CindicatorToken   
(VALUE)0 Ether   
(TX FEE)0.001920156

you can check my eth address at etherscan and you can see 13 different addresses to stole.
half of my eth, and the TRANSACTION IS VERY LITTLE

in ethplorer there are no transactions of stealing my eth and there is my ERC20 token but I lost half of my eth, without transaction base on ethplorer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
puvanb

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:28:43 AM

Anyone experienced this? I lost half of my eth during the fork, I'm using myetherwallet. What F did happen?

I checked mine, everything was okay. Check your account in etherscan.io for any unwanted transaction that happenend? Kinda guessing you lost it to phishing.
wancho (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:34:00 AM

I checked mine, everything was okay. Check your account in etherscan.io for any unwanted transaction that happenend? Kinda guessing you lost it to phishing.

I did checked shit, there have been 13 transactions going out to 13 different eth addresses. Half of my eth was lost, I'm gonna cry. shit
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:35:17 AM

Same here all okay, all balances including tokens are the same as before the fork.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:45:05 AM

Dang I'm sorry man. I think you were possibility hacked. Mine wallet is still in tact. I suggest you trace back your steps and look at how your wallet could have been compromised. Did you click any unknown links recently? Or use public WiFi?? Run an anti virus on your devices. These hackers are everywhere these days. Its really upsetting that people just want to take other peoples hard earned monies.
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:56:51 AM

Oh! So sorry for your loses, I checked mine and everything was ok. You should better check for your transaction history and activities that you have made recently from your account. Your account mean wallet may be accessed by hackers.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:59:24 AM

Woah! Are you serious? Around how much have you lost? A friend of mine also lost his eth worth around $3000 in his myetherwallet. Was checking mine and nothing was lost, though it is only a small amount though. Maybe there was a glitch that happened during the fork.
baradfo

Activity: 232

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:07:33 AM

Likewise, I still have my coins and tokens after checking. You should really look into a possible security fail somewhere along the line.
Blake_Last

Activity: 518
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:16:02 AM

May I know what wallet you used? Because afaik if you're using MyEtherWallet, nothing should have changed or lost in your balance unless someone hacked your account and stole your ETH and tokens there. Try to check your TX history and see if there's anything there that you aren't familiar with.

niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:48:16 AM

I checked my wallet everything looks good there is lots of malicious links shared specially in slack group if you click that there will be s possibility of hack .sorry for your loss man now am afraid about any links which may looks prompt and genuine. Please check transaction in etherscan you will find where it gone.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:49:20 AM

My wallet is intact! Nothing changes in it. Sorry for your loss man Hope you take better pre-cautions next time!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
Flagship11

Activity: 853
Merit: 144

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:49:52 AM

did this really happen?
rommelzkie

Merit: 125

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:52:30 AM

Another Phishing Victim?

From where did you accessed your wallet before the hack happens.?

Mine is intact and i only access my MEW thru https://www.myetherwallet.com/

Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 05:23:43 AM

This will become more and more common sadly. Sorry for your loss. Were you using metamask by any chance?

Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:25:29 AM

I did checked shit, there have been 13 transactions going out to 13 different eth addresses. Half of my eth was lost, I'm gonna cry. shit

You probably got caught in a phishing scam. They are notorious for making it seem like you are on a real site, when in reality you are on a different site entirely and they steal your login details and keys, and use them to in turn steal your coins, or tokens in this case. It sucks man. The crypto world is bogged down by constant scams. I don't quite understand how or why we have not found a solution to this yet. People do not get their online banking hacked nearly as often as crypto despite only requiring a password to login. It just seems like we are in a crappy period where scammers essentially get off scott free. Sorry for your loss, brother.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:58:22 AM

You must hurry and sent your other half to the safe new wallet.
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:13:38 AM

What wallet you were using? I've been using MEW and everything looks the same before the fork. If someone hacks the account, wouldn't they transfer all the coins?
ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:18:39 AM

My wallet is normal and no problem, I think you have been hacked. Run a virus scan on your computer and create a new myetherwallet to store the remaining assets  Sad

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:31:17 AM

It does sound like phishing. If you lost half, then my advice would be move the other half to a different wallet.

RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:38:29 AM

It does sound like phishing. If you lost half, then my advice would be move the other half to a different wallet.

if you are a victim of phishing attacks and lose your wallet credentials or private key, you lose all your funds not just half of it! the hackers are not honest people to take half and leave you with the rest. they will take ALL of what you have!

this sounds more like another one of ethereum bugs that costs people money. i hope it is a simple bug though. OP needs to check the wallet provider he is using, they probably are aware of this bug. there actually was one that got fixed.

Buying the dip...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: