Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:50:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why so many currencies?  (Read 3015 times)
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:48:09 PM

Cryptocurrencies are everywhere not just in one or two countries. It's a combination of stock market and Forex trading, all in one with it's famous technology we use blockchain. We have several altcoins and I think every country will build token on smart contracts which it can be use in the future.

If use the one coin in all country. It affect the market price and not reach the all country people for the future saving. So you need to create the coin more and release in the market place. Market is helpful to reach the all country people. So more coin release in the market place. It helpful to for the people growth and future saving. All country people learn more information. Nowadays most of the coin use all country people. All price is any time to change. So most people check the price and invest. It help to future improvement  and choose the best coin for the invest. It help for plan to work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 07:49:07 PM

I think the answer is simple. There is a boom on cryptocurrencies and everybody want to take their own piece of pie.
Of course after some time, most of cryptocurrencies will disapear, but ones that left will be really "strong" and expensive Smiley

Hi All,
Please help me understand in plain English how will we benefit from so many currencies?
I see so many startups with decentralized blockchain ideas with their own crypto currency.
Today I purchased oatmeal directly from a mill at their website.
This mill sells its products thru grocers and other online stores as well.
They probably gave 3% to the credit card company, which they could reduce by using blockchain.
But if every store and every business starts creating their own currency, then I will have to go thru an exchange to convert BTC or ETH to that coin to make some purchase.
Then we would need miners to process all those transactions in various coins.
Why can't they just use ETH? Just like all IPOs use dollars.
Thanks in advance

why do you expect something to be left at all, maybe there will be an eternal period with volatile unreliable currencies. like it was in the past, throughout whole human history

just think about the big currencies that dissappeared: deutsche reichsmark, all those royal currencies, of various dynasties. etc. these people of course took controll over the banks later, but nevermind.

those that work for money they suffer when there is a financial syndicate controlling everything with their agenda, like its the case in many countries in the developed world as well, i am not even going to discuss the developing countries.

Cookie Man

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:47:17 AM

The crypto market is a free x=zone where anyone can venture in and create their own idea, there are still gaps in the market that needs to be filled hence the many coin trying to bring relevance into the scene, some succeed some don't, that's just how crypto is
vinasky

Activity: 103

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:58:28 AM

There are not many kinds of currencies, but a lot of tokens are being produced at the moment
everyone wants to earn money, so there are so many new ICO with new tokens
obinine

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:14:16 AM

There are tokens not currencies, The only considered crypto currency in digital world is bitcoin and fiat. If you notice ETH, WAVES, Monero, Dogecoin and ect. are all transferable to bitcoin and USD meaning this all coin is considered as token because they are used by ICO's as toke or coin. Some ICO and blockchain create there own token or coin but not currency.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:59:26 AM

Did you know that many coins in cryptocurrency means the crypto keep developing ?
A new coins must be develop to gain more advantage over existing coin, otherwise they will be a dead coins.
The survive new coins means they was developing, and this makes our cryptocurrency have many features each coins.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Coinnosaurus

Activity: 643
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:08:45 AM

Bitcoin is not perfect.The algorithm that verifies the authenticity of Bitcoin’s transaction is approximately 10 minutes. But Lightcoin and his forks are translated much faster simply because the authentication algorithm takes less time.
george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:44:58 AM

Because they serve different purposes and are built on different algorithms. Even Bitcoin core itself has been reinvented a couple of times so far to test a new idea or go in a different direction than originally designed.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:52:20 AM

Just to make the noobs believe this is the "the next Bitcoin" which of course they aren't.
99% of the altcoins are centralized and have no real purpose except promising the heaven to you. It's all about buzz words and marketing.
If you're smart you can play this game and make some really nice profits. That's why I'm glad altcoins exist.
They allow me to grow my Bitcoin stash.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:54:48 AM

Just to make the noobs believe this is the "the next Bitcoin" which of course they aren't.
99% of the altcoins are centralized and have no real purpose except promising the heaven to you. It's all about buzz words and marketing.
If you're smart you can play this game and make some really nice profits. That's why I'm glad altcoins exist.
They allow me to grow my Bitcoin stash.
Well, this is also a market, not only an currency changer or job. It is a market so there have competition in this. And i know that not all of the currrencies are worth it because there are some that only a scammer just to steal or get your money not all currencies are legit. So don't trust the not known currencies don't take a risk. Better to research about the coin you like
Relildar

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:57:07 AM

Because this is a new interesting market, which is quite easy to enter. Therefore, everyone wants to take advantage of this opportunity.
Suffoc8

Activity: 163

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:00:45 PM

Hi All,
Please help me understand in plain English how will we benefit from so many currencies?
I see so many startups with decentralized blockchain ideas with their own crypto currency.
Today I purchased oatmeal directly from a mill at their website.
This mill sells its products thru grocers and other online stores as well.
They probably gave 3% to the credit card company, which they could reduce by using blockchain.
But if every store and every business starts creating their own currency, then I will have to go thru an exchange to convert BTC or ETH to that coin to make some purchase.
Then we would need miners to process all those transactions in various coins.
Why can't they just use ETH? Just like all IPOs use dollars.
Thanks in advance
There are lots of currencies all over the world, every country has their own currency like Euro, Dollar, Peso, Yen etc. This currency is made by the government and it is arbitrary which it is being decided by many people.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X          [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Ondre

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:12:07 PM

Businessman, rich investors are learning that crypto currencies are fast evolving now a days that is why they are creating their own coins. Companies creating own cryptocoins and use it as mode of payment for their products so they or their company would more benefit.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
luisdvmd25

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:38:48 PM

Most currencies are not used for anything. They could use eth instead. But hey, money.
chirst adam94

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:39:06 PM

It is the same questions that comes in my mind.
Why so many currencies ? If they think that it will happen like Bitcoin (from the bottem now it is 7k) they are wrong, it is true that history repeats itself but now I Don't think it will be the case. 
Vanester2014

Activity: 236

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:45:12 PM

I think its because there are so many people around the world and they also want have make a good history in the future of blockchain. I dont compain about so many coins in the market atleast we can choose in which coins is the best for us. Even there is a milions of coins out there if you dont like that coins then let them be.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Bitcoin_trader2016

Activity: 266

BITCOIN TRADER 2016

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:57:34 PM

Well, thats a good for  me so we can find and choose a good coins for us that was just normal for me as long as there is a good value in the market. We can find and choice which coins that suit for us.

CAPTEZECC

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:12:32 PM

There are so many coin in market because people have seen that crypto is the way forward.  I think it's good for crypto business too we can have as many options to choose from.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:17:13 PM

There are so many coin in market because people have seen that crypto is the way forward.  I think it's good for crypto business too we can have as many options to choose from.
Yes , there are so many currencies now so it's difficult what currencies are we get and also, we can't sure if all currencies now are original because there are many currencies are just scam now.it will a big help because it will be a great platform in the market but we need to separate of filter it to those fake, and older currencies
_yoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:28:59 PM

There is just one easy answer of the question why they ecist so many different cryptocurrencies. The most people who are creating one, want tjust the make fast money. Thats the only reason. The top ten altcoins are good for paying, and it dont need so many different cryptocurrencies. So watch out which cryptocoins you will support. Many of them will dissappear in the future, and the coins will be worthless. So maje good researches and think good before oyu invest in any altcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: