Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:50:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another ICO ban, this time probably from Japan :(  (Read 1751 times)
tradingcryptocoach

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:50:56 AM

ico ban is good thing as many are doing frauds ... there should be some legit done by goverment which is good
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 08:59:17 AM

An ICO Ban In Japan Is Still A 'Definite Possibility says the news. Here is the link:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/elaineramirez/2017/10/15/japan-ico-ban-indiesquare-higashi/#698d1d38213e
I don't want to cause FUD but I don't know.
Any views on this and on ETH price?

According to the article, there is two possible scenario which is Japan would support the ICOs and another would be to ban it. The highly likely to happen is the latter which is banning ICOs. The regulators have been studying it because they just want to protect the people from those scam ICOs and there are more investors willing to give their money if they can have significant returns in the future. Banning it would likely affect the prices given that Japan has a 64% market share in bitcoin trading now but I believe it would be temporary because they would just regulate it and then maybe allow ICOs again but there will be limitations.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:03:11 AM

People are being scammed from ICO and they claim to goverment to stop this ICO scammers. This is what goverments have to do.
Regulation of ICO is a good thing for crypto world. Regulation means they accept crypto currencies.
Nothing to worry.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:13:02 AM

I hope this is kinda fake news to spread FUD. It will be very painful if Japan will ban ICO's. But it should be not forever even if they will ban them.

ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:19:21 AM

I hope this is kinda fake news to spread FUD. It will be very painful if Japan will ban ICO's. But it should be not forever even if they will ban them.
I think many institutions are trying to spread FUD so that they will have an entry point.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:24:28 AM

An ICO Ban In Japan Is Still A 'Definite Possibility says the news. Here is the link:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/elaineramirez/2017/10/15/japan-ico-ban-indiesquare-higashi/#698d1d38213e

Good news. I don't really like how ICO could easily ask for funding without being regulated, especially when they can disappear after the crowdfunding is over. That is like what happens to 80% of ICO though. I don't really mind as long as they're not banning Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general;, which they will not do considering how good crypto development in Japan recently is, especially for Bitcoin.
jimskiy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:29:31 AM

lots of ICO's only have advantage for its creator/foudner. so many conservative ppl think  Ico consider to be a scam..
this is very high risk investment on my opinion..

BTC BitwayBTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
────────  DiscordInstagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook   ────────
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 09:32:32 AM

This will bring up more crypto investors but probably into bitcoin this time. :-) This is why price of bitcoin will pump while on the other hand ether price or alts will go down. If this fear continued then we will see day with only bitcoin in the market with two to ten alts really. Seems good for bitcoin holder and negative for those who make living out of alts.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

dewanaga
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:34:28 AM

This will bring up more crypto investors but probably into bitcoin this time. :-) This is why price of bitcoin will pump while on the other hand ether price or alts will go down. If this fear continued then we will see day with only bitcoin in the market with two to ten alts really. Seems good for bitcoin holder and negative for those who make living out of alts.
if japan prohibit ico, will certainly have a bad impact to the world crypto currency,
hopefully japanese legalize ico
ArrogantPeacock

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:29:50 AM

In general, Japan had a good run with the legality of BTC, of course they are worried that the price might influence the economic activity, so they're trying to be a bit careful about the legal framework. Considering however that Japan has been fairly open to crypto innovations (XRP included), I wouldn't worry all too much, as it's a tech savvy government and population which can more easily identify the potential of the blockchain and how it can help people. Besides that, even if things get out of hand, you can still send the BTC outside Japan and cash in from another country, if your stack is big enough it will be cerntainly worth it, otherwise just give Japan some time and they'll sort things out (integrating it in their legal framework).
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2324
Merit: 366

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:39:15 AM

You may not be intentionally causing FUD but it has just did exactly what you are trying to avoid. The subject line is suggesting otherwise. Aside from it, we all know how the big part of crypto investors are reacting to news such as this. That is why sometimes it is even wiser to ride along with FUDs and other fake and shallow news. They make the prices move. Grin

HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:42:23 AM

That's too bad, if true.  Japan always seemed like a friend to Cryptos.  Hopefully this is just another move to regulation rather than a ban.  I've been enjoying Cryptos because they that "wild west" feel to them, when the goverments gets involved, it gets going to get boring and predictable.
NaissuR

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:45:26 AM

Japan has its ADA coin for ICO's in the future

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:16:02 AM

So stop the ICOs because bad guys are doing this way to steal money from investors. And no matter what country it will do to alleviate the excessive theft of evil people using the ICO to tear down the people who will join it. This is the only step to minimize the thieves and adjust the speed and condition of the crypto world

Lol,  People still don't get it. The ban is NEVER  about criminalty. Internet and the real world are full of crooks and robbers. If you want to see real scams, go to Regulated websites like GoFundMe, Kickstarter, Indiegogo and loads of other small ones I don't remember their names. Quite a number them (fundraisers) on YouTube even boast about their activities publicly. It an open thing.
The potential of ICOs scare those at the top that know and control most things globally. It's about survival. You have to be there to understand how "them zombies" operate.
'Regulations is not even in their agenda, it is an outright crushing.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:09:23 PM

So you don't even know if it's from Japan or not? GTFO Cheesy even if it's Japan then stop crying, I can assist you with your future investments on any ICO if you live in China or Japan. I will invest for you and will do everything you want (no quickie) (no funny business under my belly) Cheesy I just need you to trust me. they can only block your bank access if you try to invest with fiat, buy bitcoin then invest with bitcoin. More countries ban ICO's, More demand for bitcoin.
LuckyCheetah

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:52:58 PM

I don't understand why they choose the Chinese scenario with ban, then regulation. Why not start with regulation? What do they gain from the ban?
SupremeGoose

Activity: 168

Patience and wisdom is a key

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

Than it good I think. I lost too much money when I was a crypto noob. 1 of 100 is maybe not a scam. Enough ICOs for me... Sad

Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:17:41 PM

I don't understand why they choose the Chinese scenario with ban, then regulation. Why not start with regulation? What do they gain from the ban?

Regulation takes a long time.  Ban is quick.

It is a first aid (more like quarantine)  to stop spread of the disease (pretend ICO designed to scalp many investors).

I am all for it and will eventually lead to a much healthier crypto environment.

NOTE that this is FAR from cryptocurrency ban which some seem to mistakenly equate.
Golegard

Activity: 146

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:21:08 PM

How sad! Less crypto less bitcoin less money less opportunity and less future. Bitcoin has the possibilities to to retain but with a low supply and low demand because of banning the ICO in their country. Another bad news for our community. It does not look good to disseminate that news in this thread, many people will decide to leave in our cryptoworld.

bhobafett

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:39:25 PM

We're still not sure about it, every news like that seems rumors these days. If Japan banned icos then it's their decision and they probably have a reason for doing that. So every country supporting icos shouldn't criticize it.

Accumulate Bitcoin. The bottom is in or near it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: