Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:20:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange Bittrex began to block accounts!!!  (Read 3184 times)
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 04:47:07 PM

And why not send a fake passport?
How can they identify a person who is far away?
Not really a good idea because after sending those fake passports what if they ask for more supporting documents that you don't have to match the fake passports. You will just dig your own grave if you do that. Sad part about this issue is the remaining funds of those whos accounts are disabled are like being held hostage and give you no choice but to give in to what they are asking.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:51:16 PM

I don't have a balance at bittrex anymore, i'm fine with limits and all. but if they insists on asking id proof to use their service, i'm gonna have to say goodbye to them. we need a good dex and volume to completely abandon these exchanges!
Festus Maximus

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:00:37 PM

I just checked. I was able to log in, buy, sell, and withdraw with no problems whatsoever. More than $1,000 in my account. Full disclosure: I'm in the US and have a verified account.
bitbitch

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:08:40 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 05:31:10 PM by bitbitch

the action is a good way to call the bluff of suspicious account holders. if the holder has nothing to hide they can verify themselves. if the holder has used fake ID they will scatter.

i think Coin Telegraph should make more of an effort to get a response from the exchange before publishing. perhaps Bittrex should ask for a correction?
Chakraball

Activity: 81
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:11:51 PM

Statement from Bitrex

Statement on disabled accounts

Ryan
Today at 17:28
FOLLOW
We would like to address recent reports regarding Bittrex account suspensions.

We occasionally conduct compliance reviews and are working vigilantly to protect our service and our users from harm. As part of a compliance review, we have temporarily suspended certain accounts pending the completion of the review. The total number of suspended, closed, or banned accounts is very limited: less than 0.1% of the total accounts on Bittrex.  More than 99.9% of Bittrex accounts are unaffected.

Any reports that Bittrex miscalculated or misapplied its exchange fees, that there is a security problem with the exchange, that Bittrex lost any coins stored on users’ behalf, or that Bittrex is banning people trying to access Slack to discuss the status of their accounts are incorrect.  We are committed to making Bittrex a strong, safe, and compliant exchange where people can securely participate in the digital currency economy.  We ask for patience from our highly valued customers.  As for us, we plan to “keep calm, and carry on.”

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002187632-Statement-on-disabled-accounts
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:15:24 PM

After reading some post, the title is misleading people as Bittrex didn't blocked account but suspended it for a while so that the member will verify this account. If this is true maybe Bittrex did this action as a requirement of the U.S. Government in order for them to continue their operation. Also it is good for both the trader and Bittrex as they will know that their users are legit traders.
Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:15:34 PM

Even if it is a bit late, they gave an official position on these recent events, but they still did not tell us what is the problem would be and not when they will solve it. Many users are still confused
why they have the account blocked rather than simply being notified about the checks on their accounts. I hope that Bittrex does not leave something to be desired in the medium as other exchanges
have been doing with their trash support.
Hotel_Prodeo

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:15:53 PM

I was shocked by this news so I immediately opened bittrex and login, but no problem, I can buy, sell and withdraw without any problems, I've experienced it, it's only temporarily for security reasons.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 05:35:55 PM

I do have about just 0.3 BTC there but still its going to be a waste if my account will be banned. I didn't provide any thing except the name  which they require but no photos and passports were sent to them as its not mandatory. Is there a chance of my account going to be suspended too?

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:49:33 PM

I'm not surprised at all that Bittrex made this move,and it is possible that some other exchanges make the same in the near future.I think the reason for this is quite simple,they want to identify users due to possible tax collection,money laundering or some other illegal activity.It seems that the trading on exchanges will no longer be possible completely anonymous,or it will be allowed for very small amounts.
So, no more anonymity... In time people won't have to use exchanges to sell for fiat, they'll only be buying it and withdrawing without verification, unless they block that to to stop people from abandoning fiat money.
As for bittrex's actions, the ship is sinking and people are jumping overboard with their pockets full of crypto Wink I hope polo doesn't do the same.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:04:54 PM

Hello everybody!
I just found out that the exchange has started to block accounts!
Without explaning the reason!

Yes, it's all very cryptic at the moment. Bittrex is silent while thousands of users are complaining about disabled accounts and enforced enhanced verification. Journalists are starting to pick the story up: https://twitter.com/WolfOfCryptsy/status/920137064573628416

There is speculation that it has to do with country of origin; apparently many users reside in countries like Iran, Pakistan and Russia. Bittrex is, of course, based in the US. Other users are reporting that Bittrex emailed them and said that since their account was valued at more than $1,000 that it must be verified. In the meantime (days) it seems that many people are simply locked out and unable to trade or withdraw.

Bloody hell! These type of actions are just so unreasonable and so unfair! They should've at least adviced or announced this new policy that they have just implemented a few months earlier! Or at least made a message like : beware of our new policy blah blah blah every time someone trusts their funds to them! They should give proper customer services because they owe to the people what they are today!  They already knew about the upcoming fork way  ahead than anyone. They should've done this earlier when the damands for bitcoin isn't that huge yet.

Im starting to think that they are really doing this on purpose.
I just hope what I am thinking is wrong because i just feel so bad about all the people who got locked out from their accounts.  :/

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:18:54 PM

Even I got an email asking me to verify my account. Luckily, I had moved most of the funds even before this fiasco began. Now I have only around $10 worth of altcoins in my Bittrex account. That said, I have to say that I was never a big fan of Bittrex. The primary reason is that they are based in the United States and they have cooperated with the US authorities in the past.
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:22:09 PM

I'm not surprised at all that Bittrex made this move,and it is possible that some other exchanges make the same in the near future.I think the reason for this is quite simple,they want to identify users due to possible tax collection,money laundering or some other illegal activity.It seems that the trading on exchanges will no longer be possible completely anonymous,or it will be allowed for very small amounts.
So, no more anonymity... In time people won't have to use exchanges to sell for fiat, they'll only be buying it and withdrawing without verification, unless they block that to to stop people from abandoning fiat money.
As for bittrex's actions, the ship is sinking and people are jumping overboard with their pockets full of crypto Wink I hope polo doesn't do the same.
if I understand you, then probably there is a very high probability that all trading exchanges will take the same step? I think that nothing will be complicated if we want to enter our passport data for trade.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:36:44 PM

if I understand you, then probably there is a very high probability that all trading exchanges will take the same step? I think that nothing will be complicated if we want to enter our passport data for trade.
I think it depends on the stances of different governments. In Europe there's a trend to monitor the flow of money and information, so i'm sure European exchanges will be forced to verify users at some point. All the exchanges that I'm using are for now allowing me to use semi anonymous accounts as long as I stay under a certain withdraw limit, but some countries are crazy when it comes to invigilation. One of such countries is Russia, where an internet communicator was fined recently for not allowing the government to view their clients encrypted messages.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
FomoATH

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:46:00 PM

I just took some coins from this exchange. They went to my wallet very quickly. Within 4 minutes. I have a basic verification on this exchange

rfcdejong

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:46:11 PM

I heard that some verified accounts are blocked. Are somebody was blocked? What are you planning to do about it?
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:56:28 PM

Ok so from the first post on this board until the last we have got an explanation as to what bittrex are doing. Its a strange move but i suppose they want to be seen as legal and not as scammers. This means we also have to comply with their extra terms.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
bitorama

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:18:36 PM

did they give some reasons ? enhanced accounts were blocked too ?
grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:23:45 PM

Hello everybody!
I just found out that the exchange has started to block accounts!
Without explaning the reason!
Without a doubt they are trying to rip their users if they are blocking accounts without notice and am sure that the users there are not going to get their money in their account back if it's blocked.I suggest that the remaining users of that exchange transfer all their cyptos from there before they get blocked as well.

xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:49:30 PM

I do have about just 0.3 BTC there but still its going to be a waste if my account will be banned. I didn't provide any thing except the name  which they require but no photos and passports were sent to them as its not mandatory. Is there a chance of my account going to be suspended too?
Who knows

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: