Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:02:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 📱 AppCoins - The New Blockchain-Based Protocol For The App Stores 🔋  (Read 47668 times)
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:57:09 PM

are you going to be featured only in the App Store? what about google play?

Aptoide is already in google play. People tends to download Aptoide because it provides a huge range of apps including exclusive apps that you cannot find in google play. Even apps like amazon can be found in Aptoide but not in play store.

I think you mean Aptoide appears in Google Search but not in Google Play. Google Play has this competition clause and doesn't allow Aptoide or Amazon App Store.
I started to invest in AppCoins because I see two points in future: 1) when the other independent app stores like Amazon App Store, Yandex App Store, Samsung App, Xiaomi picks, will move to the app coins protocol and start to contribute to the protocol 2) when OEMs and developers will prefer to do business with AppCoins based stores than Google Play.
This first can take 1 to 2 years, the second can take 3 to 5 years.
In both cases, it will drive a big jump in the valuation of the token.
With a hard cap of $15.3m, it's not difficult.

You are right. That is why it can be an issue when Google Play Store limited the number of apps and does not allow amazing app like amazon and Aptoide. On the other hand, Appcoins are going forward to make Aptoide becoming decentralise and build a decentralise protocol where even other app stores can use it.

Definitely with the backing of 200million active users and working products, the users can easily switch over to have appcoins into their ecosystem and this will drive up the valuation of the token.
BlockFolksHQ

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:37:12 AM

What really attract me in the first place is that Appcoins is having the Proof-of-Attention. Whereby the user got paid for downloading the app and using it. For me, I have been a andriod app 'gamer' and I do buy ingame currencies for those games that i really love. So right now, if the app dev actually give me free tokens, i may even be more willing to buy the currencies and stick to the game i love.

lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:34:25 AM

What really attract me in the first place is that Appcoins is having the Proof-of-Attention. Whereby the user got paid for downloading the app and using it. For me, I have been a andriod app 'gamer' and I do buy ingame currencies for those games that i really love. So right now, if the app dev actually give me free tokens, i may even be more willing to buy the currencies and stick to the game i love.

The 'Proof-Of-Attention' definitely is a new concept to the crypto space. And from what you say, the Appcoins is able to place itself such that it is a win-win situation for both the dev and the users. And what i love about is that Appcoins is a protocol. So it just dont limited to Aptoide but also can be used in other platforms.
FunnyAttitude

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:25:16 AM

The reason I want to join this forum is after I get to know about Appcoins bounty thread from the Appcoins Telegram. I have to say that Appcoins is introduced by my friend and I was invited to even attend a meetup in Singapore. I got to see Tiago and the event was packed with interested participants. The talk really gives me a lot of insight about Appcoins.
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:38:12 AM

The reason I want to join this forum is after I get to know about Appcoins bounty thread from the Appcoins Telegram. I have to say that Appcoins is introduced by my friend and I was invited to even attend a meetup in Singapore. I got to see Tiago and the event was packed with interested participants. The talk really gives me a lot of insight about Appcoins.

If I remember correctly, in 2015 when Aptoide wants to start the operation in Asia, The team choose to station a base in Singapore as the center hub. So I wont be surprise if you say you have attend the talk from them in Singapore.
FunnyAttitude

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:55:19 AM

Just chance upon this article. It is really an amazing insight of Appcoins. Would like to share it here so that more people can know about it and understand Appcoins more.

Hi Cryptoer,

Recently I came across this ICO Appcoins and it seems like more and more people are recommending it. So i decide to research more and share some findings with you all. Since Appcoins is developed by Aptoide and I feel that Aptoide is important for the development on Appcoins, some of the facts will be based on Aptoide.

1. History
Aptoide started way back as a proposal in 2009. In Q4 of 2010, it was launched in Bazaar Andriod Site as the site allows user to create their own store. In Aug 2012, Aptoide grew at such a tremendously speed and one of the huge milestone is that it merged with Bazaar Andriod brand. From there, it moved on to Europe in 2011, Asia in 2015.

2. Business
Aptoide has very good foundation. It is situated internally with offices in Portugal, China and Singapore. It has 100 members in the team. (10 will be working on Appcoins.) The team is very experience in App Store field and so far, their strategy has been proven to be working effectively.

3. Customer and Developer Base
The 2 key components in Aptoide is the Customer base and developer base. For customer base, claiming as the 3rd largest App store, the data i can find is  - 200 or 150million users (diff source quote differently)
- 4 million downloads of the app
- 800k app
- 300k stores
The number of users seem to be growing at quite a constant speed. Reaching out to 150mil is no small feat. Some other facts: Enjin has 18.7mil registered users while Kin kik has 300million registered users. However, do take note that Kin Kik is a declining business when it is ICO-ing. It seems to me that Aptoide is still growing. What attract me in the app is that there are exclusive app in Apotide. The exclusive app will make Apotide an edge over any uprising competitors. Another way to look at how the developer is supporting Apotide is to have a look at Github. There is regular updates on Github.

4. VC Funding
VC has strict guidelines and regulation to select their clients. So usually, those ICO which has previously VC funding is believed to be a reputable company with demo or working products and potential growth in the long run. 2013, Aptoide has VC funding of 750,000 euro. In 2015, 3.7mil of euro VC funding.

5. Appcoins Utilization
One of the most important question is how Appcoins integrate to the ecosystem. It is quite similar to many other concept where it is use as a payment method however I see somewhere that Appcoins has created a interesting concept called 'Proof of Attention' where the developer can track if the user has installed his app and uses it or not.

6. Developer Trust
It is a arguable opinion on whether developer trust is good to be centralise or decentralise. In Appcoins, they aim to make the trusting issue to be decentralised so there is a universal transparent trust system. Since in crypto, it can be a preferable choice to decentralise things, it may not be so receptive to the general public/users. Since I am not a tech guy, I am unable to figure out how the trust system work so there is a little sense of insecurity, given that majority of the team members are not too well verse in crypto.

7. Blockchain Awareness
Although the team is quite new in blockchain and crypto, they do their due diligence (which increase my confidence given my previous point). They are aware of the limitation and have openly reason on their decision-making. It appears to the team that they are open for bigger solutions and are more community-centered team.

8. Competitor
What is assuring to me is that the team looks into details on who is their competitors. They looks at things in different layers and it shows that they are very well thought out and serious in their business planning. On one layer, they are looking at the blockchain level with competitor like Tezos and Iota. On a lower layer, they look at ICOs with a bit of similar concepts like BAT, Kin and Monetha.

So will you be investing in Appcoins???

Visit the ANN Appcoins thread to find out more. ANN Bitcointalk

Woa i just happen to read about this article and i suddenly understand a lot more about the Appcoins. It is going to be my first ICO investment so I pray hard I made the right decision to invest in Appcoins.
Dr0idGuru

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:26:56 AM

Regarding In-App purchases inside the app stores, one of the flows address by the AppCoins protocol, there was an effort of standardisation done some years ago:
    https://github.com/onepf/OpenIAB
    http://onepf.org/openiab/

And it states the app stores involved:  SlideMe, Amazon Store, Nokia Store, Samsung Apps, Yandex.Store, Appland, Aptoide, AppMall and Fortumo.

The effort has not go through because it was taken a webservices centralized model where the app stores had to trust in some central authority.
Looking forward to see the the decentralised blockchain approach, the several stores to use the protocol and support it in their app stores.
BlockJohn

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:29:11 AM

The effort has not go through because it was taken a webservices centralized model where the app stores had to trust in some central authority.
Looking forward to see the the decentralised blockchain approach, the several stores to use the protocol and support it in their app stores.

What does the blockchain changes when a developer integrates ? In the links that you sent, didn't the developer also integrate only once ?
Soyab khan

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:21:24 AM

Amazingly appcoin is touching the progress and i can say that very confidently appcoin will be the best ico to earn...and develop for the the next generation...and us also.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:41:31 AM

I can see now that the project is starting to generate more hype and I can see this start to build up as time continues, I think it will have a huge ICO sale since it is only 160 million tokens left for sale
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:24:59 AM

appcoin going best day by day. one day this coin going best in this world.many peoples join this project for brightnes life.very confidently i say guys join this program because you can successfuly your brightnes life.

It can say to be the ICO with one of the largest amount of customers base. With 200million users, we can say that it is about 1 in every 80 people use their platform. What i like next is the decentralise system so it wont be abused and remove great app from amazon etc.
Dr0idGuru

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:58:59 AM

The uRaiden roll out to MainNet is an interesting news for AppCoins.
The scalability part of the app store client, when he has a lot of micro-payments (earning AppCoins from Ads, transfer AppCoins to friends, buying things inside the game,...) could be implemented using this protocol.
Though, if we want to share information among app stores, that information had to be shared directly on-chain.
Or could we have something like a on-chain sharding, where the different app stores would connect to that branch ? Like Vitalik presented in DevCon3 ?  Video already available...
aloalo123

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:36:18 PM

why does the website say that hardcap is above 60000 ETH now? I thought it was 15.3m USD ?
Adam96

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:37:31 PM

how can i mine APPCoins ? Is it possible now?
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:37:59 PM

The uRaiden roll out to MainNet is an interesting news for AppCoins.
The scalability part of the app store client, when he has a lot of micro-payments (earning AppCoins from Ads, transfer AppCoins to friends, buying things inside the game,...) could be implemented using this protocol.
Though, if we want to share information among app stores, that information had to be shared directly on-chain.
Or could we have something like a on-chain sharding, where the different app stores would connect to that branch ? Like Vitalik presented in DevCon3 ?  Video already available...

Very interesting discussion. This is definitely one issue that can be looked into as the limitation of scaling of eth can affect the millions of transactions that Appcoins will likely to possess. I remember during the conference it was mentioned about thiss issue and we have to heavily based on the progress of eth or we can tap on other technology like zilliqa to solve it.
dungnguyen123

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:41:53 PM

So, $15.3m will always be for 40% and the investors part is not diluted
FunnyAttitude

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:14:50 PM

From the telegram, that is what it seems like the case. They do take into consideration about the changing price in eth and they want to make sure that 40% goes into the ICO, nothing more or nothing less. If they have raised $15.3mil already, the extra unsold token will be burnt.
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:35:14 PM

From the telegram, that is what it seems like the case. They do take into consideration about the changing price in eth and they want to make sure that 40% goes into the ICO, nothing more or nothing less. If they have raised $15.3mil already, the extra unsold token will be burnt.

That would be a very important factor for investors. A lot of greedy ICO want to squeeze as much money as possible from the investors. So when the price of eth rises, they will tell the people their stand is the token is peg to eth. So logically speaking, previously they want to rise 10mil, now they suddenly say they want 20mil because of eth x2 in prices. This does not make any sense at all, so luckily Appcoins isnt like that.
Bolovich

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:47:37 PM

That would be a very important factor for investors. A lot of greedy ICO want to squeeze as much money as possible from the investors. So when the price of eth rises, they will tell the people their stand is the token is peg to eth. So logically speaking, previously they want to rise 10mil, now they suddenly say they want 20mil because of eth x2 in prices. This does not make any sense at all, so luckily Appcoins isnt like that.
Indeed, I'm sure that if it would go other way (eth price goes down) they would increse the eth number for the cap.

▬▬▬▬ ViValid   █   ITEMS' VALUE AND OWNERSHIP IN THE BLOCKCHAIN
every item has a story   █   PRE SALE 14th May 2018                                                
   █   Whitepaper   Twitter   Telegram       
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:19:57 AM

Indeed, I'm sure that if it would go other way (eth price goes down) they would increse the eth number for the cap.

That is right. That is why it is very important for an ICO to be very good in marketing to create enough exposure for the people, and also learn how to be people centric. In this way, the investors will know that the ICO will protect the investors.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: