Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:56:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This family bet it all on Bitcoin  (Read 2846 times)
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:37:39 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/17/this-family-bet-it-all-on-bitcoin.html

They sold everything to buy bitcoin and are living in campsites, waiting to become millionaires.
I don't know what should i call them crazy because there is high uncertainty in the market of cryptos or should i call them smart because no doubt crypto will rule in future. This extreme level of trust is seriously amazing, either they will going to create a history after winning or they will going to be a part of history after loosing everything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:47:54 PM

They sold everything to buy bitcoin and are living in campsites, waiting to become millionaires.
I don't know what should i call them crazy because there is high uncertainty in the market of cryptos or should i call them smart because no doubt crypto will rule in future. This extreme level of trust is seriously amazing, either they will going to create a history after winning or they will going to be a part of history after loosing everything.
I don judge their decisions despite all given facts. Prices can stay over 10000$ level for a long time or it can hit low levels like 5000$ if there is bad news for cryptocurrency community. Let's wait and see who is smart and who is not.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:05:37 PM

I can respect their decision. They seem to be aware of the risks and they know life is not about what you own and how much money and things you have. Having lived a minimalist lifestyle for 15 years myself I know that life can be beautiful and rich without having much money or possessions. I think it's a valuable life lesson, and personally now that I actually have money I still don't care about material stuff. I don't even own a car, and I don't see any reason to have one even now. Life is in what you make it and what you want out of it, and that can be very different for each person. I want to see a better world come of this, and just seeing that process evolve is already giving me plenty of satisfaction in life. Smiley

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
katana2w

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:08:45 PM

I can respect their decision. They seem to be aware of the risks and they know life is not about what you own and how much money and things you have. Having lived a minimalist lifestyle for 15 years myself I know that life can be beautiful and rich without having much money or possessions. I think it's a valuable life lesson, and personally now that I actually have money I still don't care about material stuff. I don't even own a car, and I don't see any reason to have one even now. Life is in what you make it and what you want out of it, and that can be very different for each person. I want to see a better world come of this, and just seeing that process evolve is already giving me plenty of satisfaction in life. Smiley

Respect! Try to live with these rules too.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:15:08 PM

I don judge their decisions despite all given facts. Prices can stay over 10000$ level for a long time or it can hit low levels like 5000$ if there is bad news for cryptocurrency community. Let's wait and see who is smart and who is not.
$10,000 is only a small target for the growth of Bitcoin in future.
Bitcoin can reaches this target as long as the cryptocurrency market still keep the bullish trending in next few years.
However, be careful the bubble of cryptocurrency, nothing guarantees this bubble will not burst someday.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:55:34 PM

It's a highly risky move that shouldn't be done by selling everything and gambling. You're fucked if the price doesn't move (granted, they've already technically made a small profit). The system is collapsing but you're in shambles for a bit if price temporarily goes down. Bitcoin is still the future, though, and no government will stop it.

I'm not a supporter of going absolutely all in on Bitcoin.
Not only that even if bitcoin skyrocketed to 100k it does not matter if bitcoin at first crashes and then they need to cash out to pay their bills, you need to be in bitcoin when that price is reached which is why most of us are holding in the first place, this is why it is important to have some fiat in hand that way you do not have to touch your bitcoin in case something goes wrong.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 08:11:03 PM

Oh no, this is not a good move price is already high and we don’t know if it goes more high or dropped down why they sold they could’ve buy bitcoins from there salary but this was not a good move at all maybe they will not be able to buy it again. Its a great risk to put all the money in bitcoins but i guess they have a very firm trust in bitcoins.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:46:32 PM

They are crazy no matter how you look at it, I believe that bitcoin is the future, but I'm not going to risk my entire life savings on that, I have some money invested on bitcoin and if bitcoin reaches its full potential I'm going to earn a lot of money, but risking everything is a huge mistake, what if bitcoin is banned or if bitcoin is replaced by a new crypto then they are going to lose all their money, efforts and time.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
SimonJones

Activity: 485
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:53:12 PM

And they've now made it big. Believe in something and go all in! All or nothing!

..............Web..............Bounty..............Twitter..............Telegram.......
.......ALL DATA ⇔ ONE PLACE.......

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:02:06 PM

And they've now made it big. Believe in something and go all in! All or nothing!

Yep. Watch this video! Best advice ever.

http://www.businessinsider.com/millionaire-mistakes-grant-cardone-student-debt-saving-investing-2016-8
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:27:58 PM

nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:44:25 PM

Haha! This was exactly how my emotions were after reading this post and the attached report of this family. They have just kept this all aside while they could have done it in a better way. Many of the people might think that they will gain a lot of profit but in my opinion they have a chance of greater profit which this family is losing if they don't change their decision. They are losing the profit on the traditing and what they are holding today maybe become double in number in future and they will start living a better life if they start trading.
thecodebear

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:57:46 PM

When i first saw the article about that family I was thinking they are geniuses! There was no doubt Bitcoin will keep going up so hey they went all in to set themselves up for life. Obviously it is paying off tremendously so soon after they did it. Congrats to them. So many people are scared of Bitcoin's price rise but the smart people know to throw everything you've got into it and reap the incredible rewards.

I took out a loan in late October to buy Bitcoin because I had already spent all my money the past 6 months on Bitcoin and wouldn't be able to afford buying anymore at this point. Tried to convince my brother to take out a loan as well since he has much less Bitcoin than I do, but he kept saying he'd think about it and kept not doing it. Now less than a month and a half later I've more than doubled my loan already and I expect it'll end up making me hundreds of thousands of dollars in the next few years.

When you see the investment opportunity of a lifetime there's no room for being afraid. You just gotta jump in with everything you got and enjoy the ride! I'm always baffled by the people who fear getting into bitcoin, and every time the price rises they once again comfort themselves by saying "oh well now it really IS too late" and it just keeps going and they miss out on the financial opportunity of their lives!
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:27:54 PM

Haha! This was exactly how my emotions were after reading this post and the attached report of this family. They have just kept this all aside while they could have done it in a better way. Many of the people might think that they will gain a lot of profit but in my opinion they have a chance of greater profit which this family is losing if they don't change their decision. They are losing the profit on the traditing and what they are holding today maybe become double in number in future and they will start living a better life if they start trading.

If you think you can trade and do better than just long term holding, you will get rekt.
bocyaj

Activity: 1326
Merit: 308

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:40:42 PM

If you think you can trade and do better than just long term holding, you will get rekt.

Trading is good for your future .You should inverse the unwanted money in trading,this only make you succeed in trading.If you spend the traded bitcoin for money sake.It will make you fool.Since the bitcoin price crossing many miles,you have to wait to sell the holding bitcoin.Holding  is the needed one after trading.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:42:32 PM

It panned out. I still think they were incredibly dumb to do it.

Throw savings by all means. Depriving your family of stability is no good.
KeithBeeCham

Activity: 252
Merit: 22

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:44:33 PM

I think they're too crazy. They'll lose everything if Bitcoin price stay stable for years. LOL. But lucky for them, Bitcoin price has increased very quickly until now and it'll keep increasing till the end of this year. For now I think they've sold almost of their Bitcoin to buy a new house. Cheesy

thecodebear

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:48:57 PM

Yep. Watch this video! Best advice ever.

http://www.businessinsider.com/millionaire-mistakes-grant-cardone-student-debt-saving-investing-2016-8

Great video. totally agree with that guy. Go all in when you find that sure thing investment. That's what bitcoin is and that's what I've done and that's what that family did.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: