Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:13:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Day Trading or HODLING  (Read 1876 times)
bmichael05

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:55:39 PM

It depend on what aim have you got: if you want to earn money in long term HODl will be better, but if you need money to pay your bills trading will be better. But trading always more dangerous than HODL for long term.

▃▃▃▌▌  STORIQA  ▐▐▃▃▃▃
Global marketplace

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tigervn

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:54:28 PM

You should simultaneously trade and holding. Holding for projects that will develop in a certain time. Daily trading will make you profitable to spend. You should use these two methods at the same time to maximize your profits.
Wunderkind

Activity: 134

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:39:16 PM

I'm holding long with all my investments currently.
Might start to day trade in the near future though, but so far I've yet to sell anything in the past 1+ year.
No losses.
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:37:13 PM

You should simultaneously trade and holding. Holding for projects that will develop in a certain time. Daily trading will make you profitable to spend. You should use these two methods at the same time to maximize your profits.
It depend on what aim have you got: if you want to earn money in long term HODl will be better, but if you need money to pay your bills trading will be better. But trading always more dangerous than HODL for long term.

In my opinion, you should invest only because invest does not require much work and is free from risks. Invest into something that is definitely profitable and you will not lose. Like for example you're investing in a property or a house. The price of a home will always go up over time and will not go down. In contrast to Bitcoin investment, Bitcoin prices can still go up and down and you can profit and lose.

But some people are trading for investing. Some people deliberately do trading to collect money.
corybrackett

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:59:22 PM

It's really hard to say about this subject, cause somes win in day trading , somes lose. And it's the same to holding. So you should figure out which is suitable for you to play with . Not from someone else.
Rostchild

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:45:38 AM

I prefer to HODL now,
Trading is like unoredictable.

Trading makes me tired at some point.
I like to HODL now,
too many information now
Coffee2015

Activity: 258

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:47:34 AM

HODLING is the best now.

You have BTC, HODL it.
I start to sell it some to do HODLING on altcoins.

The key is; HODLING is the best now.
Money is just growing,
BTC is rising,

HODL
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 12:57:29 AM

I been learn about trading strategy in 3 years, learn about technical and fundamental analysis but until now still difficult for me to get consistenct profit because I can not control my emotion, and now I decide only Hodling some coin that has strong in fundamental like BTC and ETH.

MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:09:27 AM

I been learn about trading strategy in 3 years, learn about technical and fundamental analysis but until now still difficult for me to get consistenct profit because I can not control my emotion, and now I decide only Hodling some coin that has strong in fundamental like BTC and ETH.

Even you can control your emotion, You will still not memorized the way on how to constantly have profit on altcoin trading because crypto market is too unpredictable. Hedging is the best way to have aconstant profit but still this method is under development for cryptocurrency.

aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:18:27 AM

HODLING is the best now.

You have BTC, HODL it.
I start to sell it some to do HODLING on altcoins.

The key is; HODLING is the best now.
Money is just growing,
BTC is rising,

HODL

Holding may actually be the best option because it takes very little effort and the price keeps going up so your going to make a good profit just by buying and holding.

I’ve done a lot of trading and there is potential to make more money, but there is no guarantee that you can time it correctly. Plus it takes a lot of time and effort to set up all the trades and do all the research necessary to trade properly.
dieselmeister

Activity: 546
Merit: 290

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:32:47 AM

If you have another income, you should hold for a long time. If not, you can choose to trade in short time. But remember that, don't be greedy. Let sell with 5 or 10% profit.

Someone used my Account for 3 Month, why would someone do this?
shawn995

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:08:14 AM

If you have another income, you should hold for a long time. If not, you can choose to trade in short time. But remember that, don't be greedy. Let sell with 5 or 10% profit.
it depend on the choice of a person if you are good risk taker and want to earn more money in less time then you need to do day trading but in day trading win and loss are 50% chances but in holding trading win chances is more as compare to loss chances.
tibor

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 03:14:54 PM

It depends on the experience on trading you have, and the time that you can use on it.

The formula would be

High experience high amount of time to dedicate: then daytrade

Other: buy and hold

Some good day traders have also some long term stocks.

Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:21:12 PM

Based on your experience you have been profiting from your day trades when Bitcoin was priced around the 1000$ level and right now you are thinking that you have missed your opportunity to earn just by holding, which is right now 15x the amount when you are just trading (well in December 10 of course) but you can answer your question yourself would you have earned more if you hold your Bitcoin compared to when you are earning it via trading. Additionally you must think of the urgency of money as holding cryptocurrency won't satisfy that matter as you won't profit now rather you are expecting to profit big in a long term perspective.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
/GeertJohan

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:22:35 PM

So right about Holding for long term because now its really too high value since we never see. After some dips its slightly increasing its trend. I would suggest long term is better than trading. Trading can be profitable if you are doing at least from couple of months back so that you would've get more profits.
Alts can good for trading and long term holding however its totally depends up on the projects they handling right now. If its last for some more years then your alts will grown automatically..
usekevin

Activity: 2212
Merit: 556

Highly Trusted|Most efficient Manager| yahoo62278

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:31:37 PM

It depends on the experience on trading you have, and the time that you can use on it.

The formula would be

High experience high amount of time to dedicate: then daytrade

Other: buy and hold

Some good day traders have also some long term stocks.

If you are a buyer than day trade is best,you can brought with low price. If you are a seller of bitcoin then obviously night trade is best and you have to hold in the morning. As all know the maximum price rise will be on a night and not at the morning. Day time you have to hold and sell at night time to get profit.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 06:16:51 PM

I believe that since trading requires more flexibility in terms of time and strategy planning, it is not everyone's cup of tea (including salaried professional like me) so for me, investment is a better option where I can spend my free time to do the research and other stuff and invest according to it. Whereas when it comes to trading, I have to spend my day or weeks as per the market movement and it is difficult for me at this stage and thus I would suggest trading for those having much flexibility and investing for those who don't have that flexibility.
nabilanur

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:29:43 PM

If you have more money for trade then I suggest you do hold trade.Because I hear hold is gold.You look bitcoin one year old price and now bitcoin price. it's very different from previous price.So hold and get more profit next year.Yet you want to trade daily to find some good coin.
zakero

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:35:40 PM

I have lost 30% of my portfolio in the last bitcoin bull run. Invested in some altcoins at their support level couple of hours before bitcoin got pumped and all of them dipped. What I learnt from this is we should always keep an eye on bitcoin's charts if we want to day trade.
hitrawal91

Activity: 462

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 10:48:02 AM

When I first started day trading crypto earlier this yeah in low 1k's for BTC and about 80-90 for ETH I started making ridiculous amounts of profit and fast! I was mostly using Kraken, which I wont even get into how shit that platform is but anyways as im sure most are aware the massive correction/dip/crash whatever you want to call it wiped out majority of the profit earned prior.

I was forced to learn the hard way that if I had just held those original investments, no leverage, no day trades I would have made 10x more in the long-term. How many of you have experienced this same thing over the last 8 months???

Interested to see the perspectives, specifically with alts...

whether you are day trading or trading delivery you need to have correct knowledge, good amount of practise and you must be passionate about trading otherwise both day trading and eod trading will not work for you. If you are a beginner then i would suggest you to go for swing trading which is the much simpler than day trading and it is less stressful than  day trading.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: