Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:45:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I try to win back my loss?  (Read 4019 times)
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:20:28 PM

The psychology of gambling is play again and again to gain what you lost. It is not advisable to do the attitude playing. My advise is play with what you have in hand and planned to play. If lost you should take a break and relax and if you decide to play then play. Otherwise it lead you to the disaster of your financial conditions.
This is the only way to avoid gambling more that what you can afford to lose you need to set some kind of limit before you even begin and once you hit it you must quit playing, I know that it may seem hard at first but you have no other option if you do not want to lose all your money.
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:55:08 AM

The psychology of gambling is play again and again to gain what you lost. It is not advisable to do the attitude playing. My advise is play with what you have in hand and planned to play. If lost you should take a break and relax and if you decide to play then play. Otherwise it lead you to the disaster of your financial conditions.
This is the only way to avoid gambling more that what you can afford to lose you need to set some kind of limit before you even begin and once you hit it you must quit playing, I know that it may seem hard at first but you have no other option if you do not want to lose all your money.
That's right man, you should always set limits before you start gambling, In addition, you should also have a goal to reach, and if you reach that goal you should stop and go for the withdraw, because if you will continue, I assure to you that you will loss what you gain, Greed is the worst thing when we talk about gambler attitutdes.
So the best thing when you lose in gambling, is to relax and choose the right moment to win back your loss.

markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:35:58 PM

Learn when to stop, Statistically speaking you already incur a lot of loses in that day and It's an indication that you must stop. As you have said you still have coins to waste, If I were you I would keep it and/or invest it (even though you already have tons of coins) It's much better to not gamble it anymore. It's a lot of money, You can do a lot of things with that amount.

I won't blame you if you continue to regain your loss, This industry is a mind game it will attack not only your emotionally but also mentally. Just do your best to avoid such regrets in the future.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:49:46 PM

Learn when to stop, Statistically speaking you already incur a lot of loses in that day and It's an indication that you must stop. As you have said you still have coins to waste, If I were you I would keep it and/or invest it (even though you already have tons of coins) It's much better to not gamble it anymore. It's a lot of money, You can do a lot of things with that amount.

I won't blame you if you continue to regain your loss, This industry is a mind game it will attack not only your emotionally but also mentally. Just do your best to avoid such regrets in the future.

Exactly, when you don't know when to stop then you are virtually a slave to gambling and you will be used at will. People are so emotionally weak to the extent that they believe any flimsy excuse that come to mind after a loss. You will never win without a cool head unless you rely on luck else plan your games and gamble with strategy.
StonedWolf

Activity: 308
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:45:20 PM

I think this is not the best decision because it is basically price as a reaction against the defeat.
On the other hand, you must calm down first, then analyze the causes of the failure in order to draw beneficial conclusions in the following parts.

michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:00:34 AM

I think this is not the best decision because it is basically price as a reaction against the defeat.
On the other hand, you must calm down first, then analyze the causes of the failure in order to draw beneficial conclusions in the following parts.

It is never worth chasing losses, most of the time whenever I did this I just ended up losing more than getting back my losses. Hence, the realization I have is that whenever I gamble, I don't think about profits. That's not part of the game. I just think to have fun with the game and never really think of profits anymore it is much more fun and relieves me of the stress of always thinking of profits.
L00n3y

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:07:19 AM

I have around 500 000 bets placed on FJ
It was a matter of time when this would happen ( placed a lot of bets on not Martingale, so it already happened a lot of times, just not with Martingale)

I got 16 losses in a row
Starting with bet 0.000001BTC
And last bet was 0.03BTC
Counting a 0.06BTC loss total

Now, my question is, should I try to win it back?

I have a total bank of around 1.6BTC on my disposal

Odds of me losing those 16 bets in a row were 0.00179%
Somewhere around 1 to 60 000

Now, if I place a 0.06BTC there's a 50.5% chance I'll lose
If I lose, I place a 0.12BTC bet,  0.505*0.505= 25.5% chance I'll lose
If I lose, I place a 0.24BTC bet, 0,255025*0,505= 12.88% chance
If I lose, I place a 0.48BTC bet, 0,128787625*0,505= 6.5% chance I'll lose

If I lose, I have a total loss of 0.48+0.24+0.12+0.06 (+0.03) = 0.9BTC (+0.03)

Is it worth it?
Should I cut my losses o.o

Odds of me losing 20 bets in a row should be 1 : 860 000
Which, with me having 500k bets, doesn't sound very good
If i were you i would have stopped on my 7th loss. We tend to keep on betting when losing hoping to gain back what we lost but we must learn how to stop. Live today and fight another game tomorrow
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:25:30 AM

Nope. You are just dragging yourself in a deeper and darker hole that could trap you forever. And another thing, I tried that martingale crap but to tell you the truth is that owners will set a high chance of loss streak for players because I lost 20x straight.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:48:12 AM

Nope. You are just dragging yourself in a deeper and darker hole that could trap you forever. And another thing, I tried that martingale crap but to tell you the truth is that owners will set a high chance of loss streak for players because I lost 20x straight.

It's a big trap to have such a mentality of trying to recover what has been lost in gambling, i will advice any gambler against such because it makes you no reason with a cool head immediately you give room for such mindset and so you will be making bad gambling decisions that will completely drain your bank account with time.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:13:34 AM

The tendency if you want to win back your losses is that you have to spend again to win back your losses meaning there are more chances of you to lose again. So if I were you I wouldn't win back my losses and just invest instead.
thats right even if we get a loss and we decide that we will try our hard to recover the loss we have to spend more funds no matter and losing that funds can further add the loss many gamblers dont realize this and keep adding more funds thinking they will soon be in profit
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:13:23 AM

Come on, why should you think of win back your loss? No need to think like that. If you want to gamble you will definitely gamble is not it? You'll get back to gambling without even thinking about win back your loss though. So for what to think like that? If you're lucky you'll win back your loss, if unlucky you will not win back your loss, that's all.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:19:46 AM

Yeah, if you are going to be affected by losing your money, then you are going to be addicted to it having the thought that you could win back all of your loses if you are just going to continue to play gambling, but trust me, you can't do that so easy. Gambling is about losing too much and yet you can win just a small amount, so sad.
stephanirain

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

Freshdice.com

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:23:08 PM

It was a matter of time when this would happen ( placed a lot of bets on not Martingale, so it already happened a lot of times, just not with Martingale)

I got 16 losses in a row
And last bet was 0.03BTC

If I lose, I place a 0.12BTC bet,  0.505*0.505= 25.5% chance I'll lose

Is it worth it?

I think you should stop playing gambling just for a while because i think you just lost your luck, just try to win back your loss by investing again in bitcoin for you not to get bankrupt. Then if you have already the money try to win again in gambling.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
roseybanez

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:05:23 PM

I think you shouldn't . i'm just trying to tell your about my personal experiences . It's very bad when you're chasing your loss and the loss are increasing without a control and you can't do a shit about it. So quit gambling if you're not lucky in it .
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:43:35 PM

It is quite difficult to digest such a long streak of events against your prediction. Nevertheless, I see you have a good mindset and fair control of your bankroll. I'd suggest to not try to recoup your losses immediately but with a more gentle approach. If you enjoy gambling, do it properly, otherwise it will ruin you.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:36:58 PM

I got 16 losses in a row
And last bet was 0.03BTC

If I lose, I place a 0.12BTC bet,  0.505*0.505= 25.5% chance I'll lose

Is it worth it?

I think you should stop playing gambling just for a while because i think you just lost your luck, just try to win back your loss by investing again in bitcoin for you not to get bankrupt. Then if you have already the money try to win again in gambling.
Good suggestion but I think he will not stop. Look at how many bets he placed on FJ its 5L. Maybe he is expert in gambling and he knows how to get back his lost in gambling. According to my guessing, he won't give up.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 5986

Meh.

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:07:35 PM

It is quite difficult to digest such a long streak of events against your prediction. Nevertheless, I see you have a good mindset and fair control of your bankroll. I'd suggest to not try to recoup your losses immediately but with a more gentle approach. If you enjoy gambling, do it properly, otherwise it will ruin you.

This is so true. Keep a clear mindset and approach it gently, could not have put it better! As iluvbitcoins did recoup his losses I believe he went about it in a smart way.  Taking a small break before continuing is a given, going at it instantly after a lot of losses can definitely cloud you mind..

iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:37:30 PM

you can just reverse your losses if your investment is more

Or you can just lose more  Cheesy

Good suggestion but I think he will not stop. Look at how many bets he placed on FJ its 5L. Maybe he is expert in gambling and he knows how to get back his lost in gambling. According to my guessing, he won't give up.

Wouldn't call myself a pro, I was really close to some high losses!
Yeah sure, Fiorentina won 3-0 but it could have just as easily lost..
I lost my chill and went too high too fast
Never tilt if you're going to gamble

Looking for a signature campaign.
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:03:59 PM

It is really hard to stop if you're addicted and just lost a lot that day. Usually addicted gamblers will continue gambling till they lose their last money... If someone is addicted like this and can't stop gambling ( As they would still gamble even if they won back what they lost) he should block every gambling site so that he wouldn't be able to gamble at all, or just ask friends or family's help.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
nethan1btc

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:24:33 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 05:35:53 AM by nethan1btc

It is really hard to stop if you're addicted and just lost a lot that day. Usually addicted gamblers will continue gambling till they lose their last money... If someone is addicted like this and can't stop gambling ( As they would still gamble even if they won back what they lost) he should block every gambling site so that he wouldn't be able to gamble at all, or just ask friends or family's help.

I agree, and to make totally forget in gambling,you must focus another thing that might you get entertained as well like in gambling, or else you ask some help for someone like your relatives to put you in a rehabilitation center. But if you couldn't stop doing gamble and feels like it is your part of your life. It's ok as long as you can minimize your gambling and never try to win back you loss, just let it go and never become greedy while gambling.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: