Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:11:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I try to win back my loss?  (Read 4018 times)
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:15:11 PM

I have around 500 000 bets placed on FJ
It was a matter of time when this would happen ( placed a lot of bets on not Martingale, so it already happened a lot of times, just not with Martingale)

I got 16 losses in a row
Starting with bet 0.000001BTC
And last bet was 0.03BTC
Counting a 0.06BTC loss total

Now, my question is, should I try to win it back?

I have a total bank of around 1.6BTC on my disposal

Odds of me losing those 16 bets in a row were 0.00179%
Somewhere around 1 to 60 000

Now, if I place a 0.06BTC there's a 50.5% chance I'll lose
If I lose, I place a 0.12BTC bet,  0.505*0.505= 25.5% chance I'll lose
If I lose, I place a 0.24BTC bet, 0,255025*0,505= 12.88% chance
If I lose, I place a 0.48BTC bet, 0,128787625*0,505= 6.5% chance I'll lose

If I lose, I have a total loss of 0.48+0.24+0.12+0.06 (+0.03) = 0.9BTC (+0.03)

Is it worth it?
Should I cut my losses o.o

Odds of me losing 20 bets in a row should be 1 : 860 000
Which, with me having 500k bets, doesn't sound very good

Will,in my own  experience  in times i lost in poker or any kind of gambling games,i want to  win back my loss, because i have a motive  in my life that a winner never quits and  a quitter never win,because how can you gain winning if time you loss you surrender early.every time in our life is like a gamble  in order to success we must learn to survive to achieve our goal and that is the winning everytime, when we enter in gambling site games.

Basically, it also my own point of thinking to win back all my lose. Having several loses in gambling your pride will affected and cahllenge to play again ,aiming to win back all your loses. Somehow we cannot control our emotions that in the end will ruin our financial aspects. Control and self discipline to ourselves in order to avoid too much loses because on that time its not your luck. Maybe, nextime is your luck since only our fortune can tell if we are lucky enough.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:28:49 PM

with the bitcoin price now is too expensive, I think you don't have to try to win back your loss because you don't have big chance to win again. if you are wise, you will do another way to win your money back and not to continue playing gambling. yes, I know that sometimes you can win your money but it is still difficult to win back your loss. so maybe you can think twice before you do it again.

Why would it matter what price bitcoin has to $ if you've always been betting with BTC? If you've gambled 0.01 BTC you have gambled 0.01 BTC and not the $ amount at the time of the gamble.. no?

Although I can understand and agree that starting over rather than chasing losses it is what it is Cheesy.

Lol yeah that's right btc gamblers seldom consider the fiat convertion when they play. You bet with btc, you earn btc, you lose btc. You think about the equivalent in fiat after you gamble.

And chasing losses would likely end up with losses chasing you so don't even think about it if i were you

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:46:32 PM

with the bitcoin price now is too expensive, I think you don't have to try to win back your loss because you don't have big chance to win again. if you are wise, you will do another way to win your money back and not to continue playing gambling. yes, I know that sometimes you can win your money but it is still difficult to win back your loss. so maybe you can think twice before you do it again.

Why would it matter what price bitcoin has to $ if you've always been betting with BTC? If you've gambled 0.01 BTC you have gambled 0.01 BTC and not the $ amount at the time of the gamble.. no?

Although I can understand and agree that starting over rather than chasing losses it is what it is Cheesy.

Lol yeah that's right btc gamblers seldom consider the fiat convertion when they play. You bet with btc, you earn btc, you lose btc. You think about the equivalent in fiat after you gamble.

And chasing losses would likely end up with losses chasing you so don't even think about it if i were you

"losses chasing you" would be the perfect phrase. Once you try to chase your losses, there's a chance that it's just going to be an endless cycle and it'll just end up messy. There may be no end to it once you start with it. This may make you even addicted or obsessed over winning back and worse, get into debt. Gambling is not meant for this, and the likeliness for you to win it back is very slim.

The fiat equivalent doesn't really matter, it's going to be a headache if you were to convert what you lost in fiat with the value of btc, and this may make you even feel more bad. Just consider the amount of btc as is when playing.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:40:06 PM

it's just a bad idea  to chase losses when you can with a cool head try again another time or venture into investments or any other such like activity because if you gamble with the sole purpose of recouping what has been lost then i bet you are going to loose the more in the long run.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:06:28 AM

That is not a good idea. I know that your frustrations to win tons of profit is urging you to go back again and play but please fight it and control yourself. You are just making it worst if you don't move on and forget it.
I am also not in favor of him coming back to recover his losses. This is not a good idea at all, you need to gamble only when you have relaxed mind and are as cool as cucumber. When you have already too much stress on mind and are planning for recovering your losses, you are definitely going to panic a lot when things are not in your favor and there are maximum chances for you to make wrong decisions.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:12:29 PM

That is not a good idea. I know that your frustrations to win tons of profit is urging you to go back again and play but please fight it and control yourself. You are just making it worst if you don't move on and forget it.
It is the main reason why it is advisable for someone to gamble with only what they can afford to lose and always have a limit to what they can play at once. The reason why so many people have lost a lot is because they tried recovering losses and while some got lucky in the process, the percentage of those who did not, are much.

Once that limit is reached, the best is to accept and walk away and start over another day. Losing is normal in gambling and someone who cannot accept that should better not even start at all.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:12:09 PM

In gambling theory, trying to win back after loses is desperately used by the gambling addict, because if you are in good thinking you can choose to escape and back if the negativity of your body were lost. Sometimes we can't win because there's a lot of negative vibes to our body due to stressed in our life. So I think it's better if we lost it first before playing.

Otherwise, if you feel that your not lucky in the games, I suggest to stopped and back on the next day. Because if you continue playing there's a possibility of instead of earning income, more loses you will gain.
first of all , better you take a look to op. so you might could make a pinpoint comment . he knows the risk and even make a calculation about how much his chance if chase the bets. however he failed to make it happen and instead keep chasing that and force himself he choose to do a wise action enough by accepting what he has lost and start a new one. give it a try it's okay but don't make it worse.
There are still no successful story of gamblers who try to chase there winnings back, most of them failed on doing it so, so we better need to have some realization in lofe and try to weight things, maybe it's not just the money you lost but there's more, I sgop playing gambling regularly when I lose a lot, i realized i need to enjoy some of my winnings too, now I only play to have time while killing time too like if I'm waiting for appointments or some meetings.
there is a success story , but did you know it didn't work last forever. they are cheering today and then crying in the next few days. it's always has an end like that. look at the op timeline , that's exactly run just like i said. the good winning always lure everyone to make more bets, chase it and feel bad once you get a lost , that's the evil circle.. in gambling.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
God Fist

Activity: 126
Merit: 25

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:13:11 PM

Trying to win back losses from gambling will not do more than make you loose more money and get more frustrated on the way to your goal .
I'd call it a day in your place and move further with my life , after all what comes around goes around , i'll withdraw the money left (which is a pretty awesome sum , you can't deny that ) , and just put it in something durable that'll get away depression from you .
Do not push yourself too hard , you'll eventually regret it later and luck is never around when we need it the most , so get over it please .
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:34:03 PM

I agree, it is like you are insisting to lose even more. Losing in gambling is something that you don't want to chase, because it is like death chasing you, the death for your bitcoin or money. I don't know why people are having hard time to accept the fact that they have lost their money on gambling, I don't get the point of winning it back even if they know that they are just going to lose again if they are going to try it again.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:18:55 PM

I have around 500 000 bets placed on FJ
It was a matter of time when this would happen ( placed a lot of bets on not Martingale, so it already happened a lot of times, just not with Martingale)

I got 16 losses in a row
Starting with bet 0.000001BTC
And last bet was 0.03BTC
Counting a 0.06BTC loss total

Now, my question is, should I try to win it back?

I have a total bank of around 1.6BTC on my disposal

Odds of me losing those 16 bets in a row were 0.00179%
Somewhere around 1 to 60 000

Now, if I place a 0.06BTC there's a 50.5% chance I'll lose
If I lose, I place a 0.12BTC bet,  0.505*0.505= 25.5% chance I'll lose
If I lose, I place a 0.24BTC bet, 0,255025*0,505= 12.88% chance
If I lose, I place a 0.48BTC bet, 0,128787625*0,505= 6.5% chance I'll lose

If I lose, I have a total loss of 0.48+0.24+0.12+0.06 (+0.03) = 0.9BTC (+0.03)

Is it worth it?
Should I cut my losses o.o

Odds of me losing 20 bets in a row should be 1 : 860 000
Which, with me having 500k bets, doesn't sound very good

Nope stop betting, the way you are trying to earn money is not profitable, change the game or the way you are doing it.
Hope you could check any group for betting tips.
I will also suggest him stop playing this way because he is continuously losing money in the style of betting. He should understand that this is not working for him and if he is really serious about gambling, he should read some good books available online and should also reduce the amount of bitcoin he is investing on gambling. There are many other ways of making money than this evil and shitty game.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:07:45 PM

Gambling is for fun not for you to after some profit, and the mindset of winning back the lose amount is a very dangerous mindset, it can make you into addicted, just forget about your lost, don't continue to play anymore
This is the right advice but at the same time things are never that easily, this kind of behavior happens to all kind of people even those that are experimented in gambling, it is not rare for famous poker players to try to get their money back after they lose a hand of poker.

Not sure I can agree that this is the right advice.. Gambling is for fun only? That makes no sense because you can play all gambling games for free with playmoney etc if you just want to play for fun. But that is not why we are gambling, it's not what we are after.. The rush of winning is what we are after.. We are degens Cheesy.
But if you only gamble with play money you are not really gambling, gambling games are really boring if you are not betting in the game, will you play dice with play money? It will be boring as hell, so you need money to gamble but at the end you need to accept you are going to lose in the long run.
kodes88

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:01:48 PM

Gambling is for fun not for you to after some profit, and the mindset of winning back the lose amount is a very dangerous mindset, it can make you into addicted, just forget about your lost, don't continue to play anymore
This is the right advice but at the same time things are never that easily, this kind of behavior happens to all kind of people even those that are experimented in gambling, it is not rare for famous poker players to try to get their money back after they lose a hand of poker.

Not sure I can agree that this is the right advice.. Gambling is for fun only? That makes no sense because you can play all gambling games for free with playmoney etc if you just want to play for fun. But that is not why we are gambling, it's not what we are after.. The rush of winning is what we are after.. We are degens Cheesy.
But if you only gamble with play money you are not really gambling, gambling games are really boring if you are not betting in the game, will you play dice with play money? It will be boring as hell, so you need money to gamble but at the end you need to accept you are going to lose in the long run.
But it's also not fun if we lose in the long run. If we gamble with playmoney it's unpleasant to you? But if you gamble with a bet on money but you know you're going to lose in the long run, that's not fun either. Hoping for profit will increase the tension rather than ignore it.
noormcs5

Activity: 2674
Merit: 614

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:11:52 AM

Trying to win back losses from gambling will not do more than make you loose more money and get more frustrated on the way to your goal .
I'd call it a day in your place and move further with my life , after all what comes around goes around , i'll withdraw the money left (which is a pretty awesome sum , you can't deny that ) , and just put it in something durable that'll get away depression from you .
Do not push yourself too hard , you'll eventually regret it later and luck is never around when we need it the most , so get over it please .

It is hard to trying to win back losses from gambling. Mostly gambling not return us loses and it is because we have taken the wrong decision during the game, and we are responsible to bring our lose. But it is also our responsibility to finish our game, in this point wise, i agree with you, till the end we should fight with our game and try to win.   

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:40:36 AM

I am also not in favor of him coming back to recover his losses. This is not a good idea at all, you need to gamble only when you have relaxed mind and are as cool as cucumber. When you have already too much stress on mind and are planning for recovering your losses, you are definitely going to panic a lot when things are not in your favor and there are maximum chances for you to make wrong decisions.
I have a little bit similar opinion in this regard that one should not try to win back his losses in gambling because gambling needs a cool and fresh mind and a person who have lost some money in gambling would be having a frustrated and an unconscious  mind definitely but not the fresh one.

Emotions do play a significant role in your gambling and if you are gambling for recovery, you are going to lose some more money.
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:44:11 PM

Ha ha, not today old friend. its better i go far away the gambling table when I lost a lot of money. because if I go back, maybe I will lose more of my money.
right when we are in long run loss we better stop the game and go home. once our bad luck started it will end when we lose everything in our wallet.

Sometimes the best thing to do if you have enough money is to continue what you've started  and because of that luck you will win sometimes and when you win back over your profit then stop and come back again if think you were lucky again to play thats the real sports accept when you lose too
I think it is more risky to invest more and more money in gambling to recover your lost. I think it is too much important to play gambling up to a limit and never try to exceed the limit. Through this way you can protect yourself from losing a lot. I think we should play up to the limit which we can easily afford to lose and which do not have such a wrong impact on our finance.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:34:22 PM

I think you shouldn't . i'm just trying to tell your about my personal experiences . It's very bad when you're chasing your loss and the loss are increasing without a control and you can't do a shit about it. So quit gambling if you're not lucky in it .
chasing losses always hurt it applies same for the real life situation as well if you want to recover
something that is lost it hurts a lot and maybe even cause further problems to you should never try
to recover your losses it will just keep on increasing and will take over your life

I guess the Op knows the best answer but he's gone ahead to ask. I don't think it'll take a rocket science to determine whether or not to chase your losses because it's fatal if you give it some thought. You will need a cool head to make the right gambling decisions and with the mindset of trying to recover the losses you'll be pressurized into making some unforced mistakes which can plunge you into gambling addiction.
thats correct getting a loss is nothing new in gambling for many but how you react is what makes a greater difference if you get a loss just cool down for a moment and think if you continue to gamble and even lose this how will it affect your life and maybe with this you wont continue to gamble
South Park

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:17:00 PM

But it's also not fun if we lose in the long run. If we gamble with playmoney it's unpleasant to you? But if you gamble with a bet on money but you know you're going to lose in the long run, that's not fun either. Hoping for profit will increase the tension rather than ignore it.
But losing in the long term is almost a certainty, unless you are playing one of the few games in which it is possible to obtain some profits, you need to accept the fact you are not going to ever defeat the house, it is impossible, you may win once in a while but at the end you are going to lose money.
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:39:43 PM

Emotions do play a significant role in your gambling and if you are gambling for recovery, you are going to lose some more money.

This! I definitely would just cut losses and let it go. One needs a fresh attitute and not chase after losses. OP wants to recover 0.03 BTC and therefore wants to risk 0.9 BTC if things go south? This sounds crazy to me, but Im not a regular gambler. Its just my common sense that tells me that this is wrong.
Pixyoxx

Activity: 291
Merit: 119

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:48:27 PM

Depends on how much you have lost. If you have lost allot,  then it would be a really bad idea to try and recover it. Rather leave the certain game and look fpr something else.

Winning back loss is really not feasible when there is allot of loss. Its best to change up things. But if you just lost one or two times then theres nothing wrong in giving it one or two more shots to try and get back what you just lost.
South Park

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:13:43 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 11:24:35 PM by South Park

This! I definitely would just cut losses and let it go. One needs a fresh attitute and not chase after losses. OP wants to recover 0.03 BTC and therefore wants to risk 0.9 BTC if things go south? This sounds crazy to me, but Im not a regular gambler. Its just my common sense that tells me that this is wrong.
True risking 0.9BTC is simply too much in my country that is more than the average yearly pay, can you imagine that? At the current prices a full family could live a year with that amount of money, when you begin to think in bitcoin in those terms is when you stop gambling such huge amounts of money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: