Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:58:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit2X - (Gold Fork) Date  (Read 4946 times)
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:21:11 PM

so (segwit 1x) ? has already been activated without an hardfork? so the bitcoin chain can already handle more transactions for now? Even if segwit2x will be ignored, the segwit1x will not be disabled? and segwit1x is the one that org dev team is supporting and is working right now?

Yes segwit '1x' has been running since the end of August. So if we would be able to avoid a segwit 2x hard fork or 'upgrade' this won't change the fact that segwit 1x has been activated. So it will remain activated to answer your question.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:22:37 AM

Segwit2x and Bitcoin Gold are two completely different things.

Both are hard forks and they are set to activate by block height. Because they are activating by block height, predicting the actual time of activation is somewhat difficult. There is no pre-announced date of fork because that date is not concrete.

Bitcoin Gold will fork at block 491407.

Segwit2x will fork at block 494784.
I think this is the most accurate information as far as this sigwith2x is concerned. I have been having an idea that sigwith2x and bitcoin gold are the same hardfork not know that the two are two different things. Before reading this comment many speculators are saying October 25 will be sigwith2x activation but I now understand that what happened in August is the same thing that is about to happen again. However I believe this may happen before end of this month.
emmadsouza03

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 07:32:59 AM

Hello, Give me the suggestions and future benefits of bitcoins
Thanks
SEO services in Mumbai | SEO company in Mumbai
pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 09:03:36 AM

as i know, btcgold fork is 25th,  segwit2x in november, and two different block i  think

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
nlhuy0905

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:36:14 AM

As I understand I need to hold bitcoins now to gain free BTCG and 2X, am I right?
skripsup

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:56:15 AM

As I understand I need to hold bitcoins now to gain free BTCG and 2X, am I right?

yep, but you need to hold them on exhanges/wallets or anything else that SUPPORTS these hardforks.
Usually all these services warn in advance if they are going to support hardforks or no.
skripsup

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:32:27 AM

Segwit2x and Bitcoin Gold are two completely different things.

Both are hard forks and they are set to activate by block height. Because they are activating by block height, predicting the actual time of activation is somewhat difficult. There is no pre-announced date of fork because that date is not concrete.

Bitcoin Gold will fork at block 491407.

Segwit2x will fork at block 494784.
yes you are right this are tow diffrent forks.
But my question is i know gold fork already happen and you are saying b2x will hjappen on 494784 block,how did you know this info.
can you please reffer me to a link so that i can follow that too.
Thanks

For example here
https://www.coindesk.com/block-494784-segwit2x-developers-set-date-bitcoin-hard-fork/
https://segwit2x.github.io/segwit2x-announce.html
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:56:52 PM

Gold forked earlier today. 2x is just about to fork on November. Curious about how this will go and I hope that effort won't hurt bitcoin. It's such a good asset which has kinda disrupted monopolies in the world of finance. But with forks that give only one side of the party the win, it'll just be a whole new monopoly. Hope everyone gets to a solution where bitcoin moves forward and yet remains the same old crypto we fell in love with.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:01:18 PM

Gold forked earlier today. 2x is just about to fork on November. Curious about how this will go and I hope that effort won't hurt bitcoin. It's such a good asset which has kinda disrupted monopolies in the world of finance. But with forks that give only one side of the party the win, it'll just be a whole new monopoly. Hope everyone gets to a solution where bitcoin moves forward and yet remains the same old crypto we fell in love with.

Im not worried about x2 at all anymore. The nail in the coffin has been this:

https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2892985-segwit-2x-faq

"Following the fork, Coinbase will continue referring to the current bitcoin blockchain as Bitcoin (BTC) and the forked blockchain as Bitcoin2x (B2X)."

Coinbase is one of the biggest exchanges out there and they will not list 2x as BTC. Now people will not be confused when they want to dump B2X fore more BTC. Miners are going to be forced to mine BTC and not B2X because the price of B2X will tank badly just like the other forks.
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:09:46 PM

"Following the fork, Coinbase will continue referring to the current bitcoin blockchain as Bitcoin (BTC) and the forked blockchain as Bitcoin2x (B2X)."

Coinbase is one of the biggest exchanges out there and they will not list 2x as BTC. Now people will not be confused when they want to dump B2X fore more BTC. Miners are going to be forced to mine BTC and not B2X because the price of B2X will tank badly just like the other forks.

I was so happy to see this statement on Twitter thus morning. Coinbase is still one of the most important crypto companies in the west and has a massive influence. This is huge and 2x is practically dead before it even forked. I hope we will be able to make some sort of example out of 2x and discourage others to attempt new forks.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:15:00 PM

I was so happy to see this statement on Twitter thus morning. Coinbase is still one of the most important crypto companies in the west and has a massive influence. This is huge and 2x is practically dead before it even forked. I hope we will be able to make some sort of example out of 2x and discourage others to attempt new forks.

If we survive segwit2x (and now I have no doubts that we will) it's going to be a good example of what happens when you go against users, and think backroom deals within corporations are going to work when it comes to changing the Core protocol.

Apparently Garzik is already working on his own altcoin:

http://fortune.com/2017/10/24/bitcoin-metronome/

And guess who is in the advisor board:

skripsup

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:29:07 PM

as i know, btcgold fork is 25th,  segwit2x in november, and two different block i  think

Segwit2x hardfork will be in the middle of November, probably 17th of November.

In my opinion it's much more sustainable and important hardfrok than BTG..
Of course I hope that it will not surpass the main BTC. BTC is the father and the mother of all coins..
SirVeillance

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:50:26 PM

at which block will the fork happen?
sanjoant

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:07:10 PM

The fork will happen when block no. 491 407 will be mined. It means that the exact time of the fork cannot be predicted. The time of block mining can differ. First forecasts were predicting 25.10.17 around 12 PM as the hard fork date, but right now it seems it will probably happen on 24.10.17 around 7 AM.
Ben-carson

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

How you do anything is how you do everything..

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 06:15:31 PM

I dont intend to sound so off. But shall segwit 2x hardfork also create an altcoin?

Be good, do good, make better.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:16:33 PM

Gold forked earlier today. 2x is just about to fork on November. Curious about how this will go and I hope that effort won't hurt bitcoin.

There's a few different perspectives on this. The doomsday scenarios of a permanent Bitcoin split because of 2X is becoming less likely. With Coinbase giving it a separate name and ticker symbol (and others likely to follow), the NYA is a lot less of a threat now.

Having said that, there is a new scenario to consider, and one which Bitcoin Cash has already affected: if these forks are seen as legitimate versions of Bitcoin in the public eye -- even if they don't share the ticker -- then we are effectively quadrupling the supply to laymen. In effect, this means that new investors are investing money into BCH or BTG or B2X when months ago, all that money would have gone into Bitcoin. I wonder how much lower the BTC price is as a result of all this dilution of investment.
Stassam

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:05:41 AM

Hey everyone, sorry but I can't find this answer anywhere?  Huh

When is the Segwit2x Gold Fork going to happen?
Is there a date set? I heard it was November but its approaching and you'd think we would hear an exact date by now or something.. anyone have an idea?

The fork was supposed to happen at block number 494,784 .. currently as of this post we are at block 490,548.
If my calculations are correct, 10 minutes per block * 4236 more blocks to go.. 42360minutes = 706hours = 29.41666 days from now..

So the Gold Fork should hit Thursday, November 17, 2017? @ 12 PM UTC
Can anyone verify?

so it's kind of happened already
Ben-carson

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

How you do anything is how you do everything..

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 09:00:05 PM

Gold forked earlier today. 2x is just about to fork on November. Curious about how this will go and I hope that effort won't hurt bitcoin.

There's a few different perspectives on this. The doomsday scenarios of a permanent Bitcoin split because of 2X is becoming less likely. With Coinbase giving it a separate name and ticker symbol (and others likely to follow), the NYA is a lot less of a threat now.

Having said that, there is a new scenario to consider, and one which Bitcoin Cash has already affected: if these forks are seen as legitimate versions of Bitcoin in the public eye -- even if they don't share the ticker -- then we are effectively quadrupling the supply to laymen. In effect, this means that new investors are investing money into BCH or BTG or B2X when months ago, all that money would have gone into Bitcoin. I wonder how much lower the BTC price is as a result of all this dilution of investment.

I dont see the last point harming bitcoin, all we have seen is more money into bitcoin. Bitcoin has pumped much more thanks to these forks.

Be good, do good, make better.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:47:23 PM

I dont see the last point harming bitcoin, all we have seen is more money into bitcoin. Bitcoin has pumped much more thanks to these forks.

How do you figure? Bitcoin Cash is the #4 ranked coin, with 24-hour volume approaching $500 million. That takes a lot of money to prop up on the exchanges. If you can sell BCH at $366.25 right now, that means someone is buying it. That bid demand for BCH represents literally less bid demand for BTC.

The same applies to Bitcoin Gold. For it to currently have a price of 0.02083230 BTC, that means that people are literally selling BTC to buy it. How can you say that doesn't affect the price of Bitcoin? Quantifying that is a bit tough. But it seems obvious enough to me. I would put it more like this: Bitcoin is higher in price in spite of the forks.
lukey

Activity: 135

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:47:25 PM

How can a 51% attack happen?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: