Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:23:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Energy Based Projects  (Read 2306 times)
Hughcrypto (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:55:22 AM

I believe this area is where the real upside is possible going forward - massive market, natural integration of crypto and trading is obvious. Which projects do you think one should have a look at ?

It could definitely, however then it could not be a great idea either.

If you're talking about mining related projects such as the one that i'm advertising in mysignature then do your own research and your own diligence and go for it if it's the right fit for you. It probably won't be for everyone, but the idea of reducing energy costs on mining is definitely intreesting to me.

Thank you for your thoughts. I agree about the own research and due diligence - very necessary. I actually do not really mean mining projects which are, as everything really, with loads of risks. The upside in my eyes will be the deregulation drive together with decentralisation - it could be a massive opportunity as customers become prosumers and in order to mitigate short terms risks while leaving the long term upside - one should only participate in projects that have long term viability but are already working with major utilities in pilot projects etc. The leading projects seem to be Grid+ and Prosume Energy - whereby I think that Prosume being based in Europe and already working with major utilities is the outstanding candidate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:36:52 PM

This is one of areas where Blockchian could actualy do something huge but on the other hand it is very difficult to penetrate this kind of market. It is one of the most regulated markets out there.

The Grid + seems a good project. I like that they are thinking also about the possibilities of selling your own energy which is possible now but is much more difficult. But have to note that they state that they do not want to make electronic pieces only software. i do not think that it is possible if they want to participate in selling energy from home "generators" they need to physically participate in the giving energy back to the electricity grid.

Prosume energy seems also a solid project. I need to look into them more carefully, the team matters .

But right now these 2 projects looks promising.
These either way are long term projects and I hope that they succeed in some manner.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:53:25 AM

This is one of areas where Blockchian could actualy do something huge but on the other hand it is very difficult to penetrate this kind of market. It is one of the most regulated markets out there.

The Grid + seems a good project. I like that they are thinking also about the possibilities of selling your own energy which is possible now but is much more difficult. But have to note that they state that they do not want to make electronic pieces only software. i do not think that it is possible if they want to participate in selling energy from home "generators" they need to physically participate in the giving energy back to the electricity grid.

Prosume energy seems also a solid project. I need to look into them more carefully, the team matters .

But right now these 2 projects looks promising.
These either way are long term projects and I hope that they succeed in some manner.

Yes. They are long term projects, however, I also think that in the short term, especially Prosume Energy is not a "hyped" project that purely plays on marketing, and is not structured in an email way such as Powerledger, which should be good.

The whole selling energy platform is covered by Prosume extensively, and with pilot projects already working, there is substantial upside. Although the decentralisation of energy will be a driving force going forward it is very important that projects like Prosume already are working with leading utilities at this point.
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:06:13 AM

Just do some research on this forum, you can see there are several coins based on the energy, such as the SunContract, WePower and EnergyChain as so on.I think you can take a look at the EnergyChain, which is based on the Qtum platform.
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:39:36 AM

If you interested in, you look this link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2163678.0. HydroMiner is a good project that using Water Energy to mine bitcoin or altcoins.
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:12:43 AM

Just do some research on this forum, you can see there are several coins based on the energy, such as the SunContract, WePower and EnergyChain as so on.I think you can take a look at the EnergyChain, which is based on the Qtum platform.

I do not agree with this - just because there is energy in the name does not mean that anything revolutionary or anything where blockchain is needed is being done. Wepower is something akin to a fund management platform, with all the risks of solar investment and an additional layer of cost and revenue extraction ? The solar projects are questionable to say the least - what is the decentralising upside ?

Only real projects that incorporate a real blockchain set up make sense from a crypto perspective as well as projects that take advantage of upcoming deregulation and peer to peer energy. That is where the upside is - not these other "marketing" and extraction projects.

Only Grid+ and Prosume Energy can be called real energy projects.
daviddejongeth

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:02:53 AM

If you interested in, you look this link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2163678.0. HydroMiner is a good project that using Water Energy to mine bitcoin or altcoins.

I personally think calling bitcoin miner that uses a specific kind of energy an "energy" company.

Let's keep this thread to the real energy projects with substantial futures and not hyped projects like that.
thomaspeetersalt

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:53:24 PM

I agree. Energy related projects need to be based on energy and the advantages and amazing future possible, not something that wants to ride on the amazing opportunities just by tricking people.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:20:08 PM

We Power is like Hedge fund which is working only in Green Energy sector. This does not qualify as energy project in my mind.

Yes. They are long term projects, however, I also think that in the short term, especially Prosume Energy is not a "hyped" project that purely plays on marketing, and is not structured in an email way such as Powerledger, which should be good.

Interestingly these none of the projects do not have bounty programs. On one hand if the project is good enough, they do not need Hyped marketing but on the other hand investment is good always

What are these pilot projects what are you talking about, can you give reference?

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:07:09 PM

We Power is like Hedge fund which is working only in Green Energy sector. This does not qualify as energy project in my mind.

Interestingly these none of the projects do not have bounty programs. On one hand if the project is good enough, they do not need Hyped marketing but on the other hand investment is good always

What are these pilot projects what are you talking about, can you give reference?

I read and heard they were already working with leading utilities on pilot projects and some is shown on their roadmap as already done.

Of course, considering they seem to have sovereign wealth fund advisors as well as Ernst and Young. It clearly is the real deal.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:38:14 PM

There seems to be a consenus among long term blockchain practicioners that energy is one of the most promising sectors due to size and possibilities.
Many impressive projects, this needs to be supported because the energy crisis will cause shocks to the world economy.
Energy reserves are few and we must create new energy.
such as solar, water, gas and wind energy must be used as a new energy source.

Absolutely. But it is not only about this. It is all about integration of blockchain technology and the general deregulation of the markets. Hence the upside for energy projects is massive. They need to be the right projects though with the right set up. I have only found Prosume so far. Hope there will be more.
Not really by the way! The value and the importance of the bitcoin and the other relative projects is not getting down, it is right that it is all about the strategy and the integration but the actual value of the bitcoin is not going down, it is the time for the investors to get the huge step towards the investing and then make a per planned project so the chance of the lose will be very low and the power of the invested capital grow higher.
Nathan047

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:07:18 PM

I think now in the near future will be the implementation of IT projects for mass decentralization, then the market will develop into other industries
I hate to sound negative, but I will believe it when I see it.

You can’t have a decentralized power plant unless the whole thing was run by robots controlled by some sort of AI, and in that case I feel there would be plenty of room for bad things to happen.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:37:50 AM

I think now in the near future will be the implementation of IT projects for mass decentralization, then the market will develop into other industries

You can’t have a decentralized power plant unless the whole thing was run by robots controlled by some sort of AI, and in that case I feel there would be plenty of room for bad things to happen.

I believe the energy market will be massively changed through the implications of so many customers becoming prosumers instead of remaining consumers - this is part of the large scale revolution taking place in energy - furthermore, the massive utilities are aware of this change and embracing instead of fighting it, with pilot projects with the real entities such as Prosume Energy.

That means that there is an immediate head start and inclusion, and then it will boom as more and more people join - then people are not only making their own energy, also selling, making money, decreasing energy cost and waste.

All of this based on blockchain and decentralisation.

It is the chance of a lifetime - forget all the wannabe energy "projects" that have only slapped blockchain on existing risk models, and go for the real revolutionary future that has already started. There is real upside.

Prosume is the first and clearly the one with the most upside.

https://prosume.io
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:41:16 AM

Green energy is the future. And though they may have slow development being a real sector, their ROI would be great in long term.
WePower is one of the already established company, coming forth with an ICO.
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:44:43 AM

Green energy is the future. And though they may have slow development being a real sector, their ROI would be great in long term.
WePower is one of the already established company, coming forth with an ICO.

But it is not an energy company, but some kind of asset manager of renewable projects - so where is the upside in terms of decentralisation and blockchain ? It has no extra upside but all the potential downsides of those investments - ask anyone who invested in Spanish and Italian or even German solar assets what can happen in this sector - serious losses.

Let's keep this thread for real energy projects, like Prosume Energy and Grid+.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:57:40 AM

I will strongly recommend power ledger. The ico is from Australia and they were able to raise huge money from their project . I am really looking forward to buy a lots of it when it hit exchange

Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:09:03 AM

I will strongly recommend power ledger. The ico is from Australia and they were able to raise huge money from their project . I am really looking forward to buy a lots of it when it hit exchange

Considering they did not adjust the amount of tokens issued to themselves depending on the amount raised their ICO, leaving them with something like 4 times the amount of tokens of the actual ICO participants - you will be able to buy anything you want. The structure is a disgrace.

People need to do due diligence, they are in the right sector, but their geographical focus does not command a large premium, and their structure makes participating in tokens impossible.

Look at Prosume Energy instead.
flag39

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:11:45 AM

I would suggest you have a look at WePower as well. It  is a blockchain green energy trading platform but what i like most, it enables to finance green energy projects.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2213411.0
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:18:04 AM

I would suggest you have a look at WePower as well. It  is a blockchain green energy trading platform but what i like most, it enables to finance green energy projects.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2213411.0

But it adds no value beyond already existing models of renewable energy financing - there is no innovation - and clearly only a way of extracting cryptocurrency.

It has nothing to do with energy per se.

Please, let's leave this thread for real energy projects with upside like Prosume and Grid+.
Nathan047

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:17:28 PM

I believe the energy market will be massively changed through the implications of so many customers becoming prosumers instead of remaining consumers - this is part of the large scale revolution taking place in energy - furthermore, the massive utilities are aware of this change and embracing instead of fighting it, with pilot projects with the real entities such as Prosume Energy.

That means that there is an immediate head start and inclusion, and then it will boom as more and more people join - then people are not only making their own energy, also selling, making money, decreasing energy cost and waste.

All of this based on blockchain and decentralisation.

It is the chance of a lifetime - forget all the wannabe energy "projects" that have only slapped blockchain on existing risk models, and go for the real revolutionary future that has already started. There is real upside.

Prosume is the first and clearly the one with the most upside.

https://prosume.io
And I very well could be wrong, but I guess as far as I see it would be very hard to make any mass scale decentralized power grid. Even if people were generating their own power (which I admit is becoming more popular, albeit a bit inefficient), I doubt the electric companies would allow those users to use the company’s power grid independently; and it would have to be nearly impossible to set up your own physical power grid (both financially and getting the rights to build on the roadside).

But, then again I cannot predict the future and it could very well happen; I just feel like it’s to big of a feat at the moment.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: