Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:28:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitinstant removed cash deposit option USA  (Read 14355 times)
chanberg

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:55:31 PM

Take a look at the post count on most users here needing help.  Many of these users are new to bitcoin and frequent mistakes are made.  The error is the customer inputs an invalid destination address which causes the order to fail.  We've seen ALL KINDS of destination accounts from customers.  We can troubleshoot our website but unfortunately I cannot troubleshoot individual users minds while they are placing their orders.

I guess your right... I am an idiot... When it says Destination, I usually put "Amount requested exceeds your per-transaction cash limit!"..

Danny
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:58:53 PM

Take a look at the post count on most users here needing help.  Many of these users are new to bitcoin and frequent mistakes are made.  The error is the customer inputs an invalid destination address which causes the order to fail.  We've seen ALL KINDS of destination accounts from customers.  We can troubleshoot our website but unfortunately I cannot troubleshoot individual users minds while they are placing their orders.

I guess your right... I am an idiot... When it says Destination, I usually put "Amount requested exceeds your per-transaction cash limit!"..

Danny

I never said you were an idiot.  All I am saying is humans make mistakes.  We do our best to help when mistakes are made.
b4m125

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:15:33 PM

Have not received but one e-mail in the last 8 days about my transaction, and it's just simply telling me that there was an issue, and that they are working super hard on it, and this was after sending multiple emails previously. But no details or time frame....  Undecided ... Sent my coins to the specified wallet address, I can see they were received at the exact wallet address I was supplied with, at the exact time bitinstant had requested they be sent. Now, I'm waiting for my PayPal to be funded as promised on 6/18. When can I expect my funds to be in my PayPal? soon? days? weeks? months??? Can someone give me a straightforward answer about this?
Silvas

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:46:55 PM

Have not received but one e-mail in the last 8 days about my transaction, and it's just simply telling me that there was an issue, and that they are working super hard on it, and this was after sending multiple emails previously. But no details or time frame....  Undecided ... Sent my coins to the specified wallet address, I can see they were received at the exact wallet address I was supplied with, at the exact time bitinstant had requested they be sent. Now, I'm waiting for my PayPal to be funded as promised on 6/18. When can I expect my funds to be in my PayPal? soon? days? weeks? months??? Can someone give me a straightforward answer about this?

Hey you're 1 step ahead of me... I sent my coins 2 minutes after placing the order, I can see the trans on blockchain going to the address Bitinstant supplied, but the bitinstant site (the order details and event log) don't acknowledge receipt.  Checked and re-checked and re-checked the address 10 times, it precisely matches the one listed in order details.  Support ticket logged, no response other than the automated you've opened a ticket email. 

Where I stand right now: no cash received for my BTC and my BTC gone, and no acknowledgement from Bitinstant nor any answer to my support request. 
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:23:13 PM

Please log your issues at support.bitinstant.com

I would be happy to provide a status update if you can provide a case #.

Thanks.
hate_the_face

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 05:33:04 AM

anyone in the US able to do any sort of transactions right now on BI?

or is the maintenance message kind of putting a stop to all that for the time being?

seriously bitinstant, how are you fucking this up

you have no competitors, yet...

fractalbc

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 05:58:41 AM

We are actually just doing system maintenance and preparing to relaunch on Monday.   Cool

I'm in the process of creating my account but when it came down to verifying my ID the creepiest thing occurred. It asked me questions about my pops! It asked me to clarify what year he was born. First of all how the hell does BitInstant know my pops name!?  Shocked
You gave them your date of birth, your current address and your phone number.  The rest is simple public records.  The questions they asked me were equally as invasive.

p.s.  buying bitcoins with cash is (?still?) down.
hate_the_face

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:21:38 PM

I understand if they have to go down for a while but don't make a message saying it's going to be "temporarily" if it's going to be longer than half a day.

or make an announcement or something

seriously, O' Doyle I got a feeling you and your whole family is going down one day...
MrBea

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

Bitcorns

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:44:39 PM

I tried to buy BTC using bitinstant today.  They asked about my pop too.  After that I learned I couldn't buy.  Got this message:

We’ve recently launched improved security measures related to our Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Customer processes. We have temporarily limited transactions in some locations, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Your home state is one of these locations.

Read more here: http://blog.bitinstant.com/blog/2013/6/30/website-update.html

We do not have an exact timeframe for reactivation of locations, but we will make an announcement via our website, blog, Facebook page and Twitter account as we enable new locations. We will also send you a notification email when we begin to process transactions for your state.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and will let you know as soon as something changes.
Have a great day!

Keishia
Customer Service Agent, BitInstant

Gathering bitcorns.
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 11:41:19 PM

Can we delete our BitInstant account if we wanted to?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: