Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:28:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitinstant removed cash deposit option USA  (Read 14355 times)
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:30:04 PM

We are actually just doing system maintenance and preparing to relaunch on Monday.   Cool

I'm in the process of creating my account but when it came down to verifying my ID the creepiest thing occurred. It asked me questions about my pops! It asked me to clarify what year he was born. First of all how the hell does BitInstant know my pops name!?  Shocked

These types of questions are quite normal during basic verification when doing all types financial transactions.  You shouldn't be alarmed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:22:16 PM

We are actually just doing system maintenance and preparing to relaunch on Monday.   Cool

I'm in the process of creating my account but when it came down to verifying my ID the creepiest thing occurred. It asked me questions about my pops! It asked me to clarify what year he was born. First of all how the hell does BitInstant know my pops name!?  Shocked

These types of questions are quite normal during basic verification when doing all types financial transactions.  You shouldn't be alarmed.

Oh. Well in that case, can you help me complete verifying my ID? I answered all questions correct and I got denied every single time. Don't know why. Now I have a message stating for me to try again in a week for failing to verify my ID too many times.
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:30:46 PM

We are actually just doing system maintenance and preparing to relaunch on Monday.   Cool

I'm in the process of creating my account but when it came down to verifying my ID the creepiest thing occurred. It asked me questions about my pops! It asked me to clarify what year he was born. First of all how the hell does BitInstant know my pops name!?  Shocked

These types of questions are quite normal during basic verification when doing all types financial transactions.  You shouldn't be alarmed.

Oh. Well in that case, can you help me complete verifying my ID? I answered all questions correct it I got denied every single time. Don't know why. Now I have a message stating for me to try again in a week for failing to verify my ID too many times.

I have the same issue with my own personal account and I'm working with the devs to understand what might be causing this problem.  I'm just as excited as you to see it fixed.  Thanks for your patience with this new beta.  Smiley
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:36:48 PM

I see. Well then I guess I'll try again in a week as I was told, but I'll be sad to see everyone use the new launch but me  Undecided ha ha!
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:37:48 PM

I see. Well then I guess I'll try again in a week as I was told, but I'll be sad to see everyone use the new launch but me  Undecided ha ha!

If I can get you a fix earlier I'll let you know.  Wink
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:38:59 PM

Thanks!  Grin
bit777

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 08:29:33 PM

We are actually just doing system maintenance and preparing to relaunch on Monday.   Cool

maybe an announcement or something on the front page would have been nice

but thank you for the response

We did make an announcement on the front page of bitinstant.com as well as announced this on Twitter @bitinstanthelp

I realize the current site design could be better to bring these issues to the forefront.  However, new.bitinstant.com is just around the corner...  Cheesy

The new design is sooo much better! Well done!
heart_mons

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:31:33 PM

We did make an announcement on the front page of bitinstant.com as well as announced this on Twitter @bitinstanthelp

I realize the current site design could be better to bring these issues to the forefront.  However, new.bitinstant.com is just around the corner...  Cheesy

So now the twitter link just says that you are still down for the time being.   Should we look into that too much? Does that mean it won't be up on Monday or is just weekend downtime still the plan?
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:48:03 PM

So now the twitter link just says that you are still down for the time being.   Should we look into that too much? Does that mean it won't be up on Monday or is just weekend downtime still the plan?

Today is still Sunday.  Monday is coming soon.  I swear.  Smiley
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:48:35 PM

Good to hear it's not another regulatory action.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:57:30 AM

Course it might be a good idea to let people know in advance.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Crypto0 (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:48:43 PM

today is Monday still cash deposit option is not available
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:06:17 PM

today is Monday still cash deposit option is not available

We're working to bring back this functionality ASAP.  Thanks for your patience.
Crypto0 (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:18:10 PM

OK.Keep spinning fairy tales stories that is what they pay you for
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:31:17 PM

It's only been a couple days, relax bro!
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:10:13 PM

We're working to bring back this functionality ASAP.  Thanks for your patience.

Some accounts already have access to the new site and we will be inviting more users on an as needed basis.
Crypto0 (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:30:37 PM

every time BTC crashes Bitinstant doing maintenance LOL
yes new website design will make a difference LOL
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:56:12 PM

From http://blog.bitinstant.com/

"Cash Deposits are currently down on BitInstant as we make steps to transition to our new website.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and are working as quickly as possible to reenable this feature.

People have expressed concern that this benefits BitInstant in some way. On the contrary, BitInstant relies on customer transactions, so downtime only hurts us and we are therefore working as quickly as possible to reengage cash deposits.

We will strive to provide future notice for similar situations as they arise in the future to help you better plan your Bitcoin purchases. We apologize for the inconvenience and will post a notice as soon as we're up and running with cash deposits.

Also, stay tuned for an introduction to our new website and its great features! We think it will be worth the wait and appreciate your patience!"
cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:28:38 AM

Would that be THIS Monday? That is, TODAY, Monday 10, 2013? You know, the day that is already almost over. Or perhaps some unspecified "Monday" in the future?

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:31:00 AM

We're working to bring back this functionality ASAP.  Thanks for your patience.

Some accounts already have access to the new site and we will be inviting more users on an as needed basis.

An "As needed basis"?!?! WTF. As needed by who? Some of your customers are perhaps more valuable? Or maybe more customers will be needed once the exchange rate goes back up...

What a a joke!

[edit] for punctuation

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: