Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:31:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: why some country banned bitcoin?  (Read 10202 times)
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:05:28 AM

bottom line is because they can't believe that ordinary people are earning so much through bitcoin and other crypto assets, and that they can't impose any taxes or apply sneaky corrupt practices to get a portion of what bitcoin users own....
RKSummer

Activity: 337
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:22:03 AM

why some country banned bitcoin?
is there any problem? i know that bitcoin is international crypto currency. but why some country banned this cryto?
Well I think may the these countries want to use their people to work for them in order to get tax from them I think they are worry about it that when they let free bitcoin in their countries so all the people will move toward bitcoin and they will start to get their money from bitcoin so I think that can be a reason which is a wrong decision by them.

Some country banned bitcoin, because their country can't get any tax from every transaction that uses bitcoin like paying bills, investments and trading. That the taxes are not applicable to the conversion of between traditional currency and bitcoin.
And their country are afraid to use bitcoin as a future currency. If they can't get taxes from it, less assets they will get.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
AwpDragonPoor

Activity: 161

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:49:59 AM

No taxes, really hard to trace, affects the countries economy badly, as people are converting all their fiat to a crypto. The government can't benefit off bitcoins so they will ban it. Thats what governments are, shady and greedy.
OffHold

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:51:24 AM

is there any problem? i know that bitcoin is international crypto currency. but why some country banned this cryto?
Why they ban it? Bitcoin is a decentralized stuff which means it cant be taxed and also if their citizens would able to know about bitcoin then tendency on hiding their assets on crypto form would possibly happen which they would really have a hard time on tracing up knowing bitcoin is an anonymous stuff too and also they do believe that it can really increase criminality on their place.

only country known for doing this is Morocco, haven't find any fruther information about other country with these kind of restrictions.
Easteregg69

Activity: 1448
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:52:29 AM

Hey. How bout the good old scapegoat China ?

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
royromales

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:15:33 AM

I think why other countries are banned from using bitcoin because they think bitcoin is for a toy that they just do when they do not know that bitcoin is a great help for people but others think they are bitcoin like a scam so they've been able to comment as they have nothing to do with their post

center]▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬[/center]
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:54:04 AM

because cryptocurrencies cant be regulated,by then government wont get tax from it so they think it will bring troubles to the economy and more on banking matters.thats what i think the main reqson whybother countrys dont want bitcoin in theyre community

I think you're wrong, the use of Bitcoin can be regulated. That's what the US government is doing now and other countries that are against ICO, cryptos like Bitcoin.

drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:00:10 AM

because cryptocurrencies cant be regulated,by then government wont get tax from it so they think it will bring troubles to the economy and more on banking matters.thats what i think the main reqson whybother countrys dont want bitcoin in theyre community

I think you're wrong, the use of Bitcoin can be regulated. That's what the US government is doing now and other countries that are against ICO, cryptos like Bitcoin.

The use of bitcoin in itself cannot be regulated. But you can regulate the exchanges and keep tabs on cashouts.
If you remain strictly crypto they cannot regulate anything.
kaizerblitz

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:03:57 AM

Because they don't believe bitcoin in there mind bitcoin is a scam a imaginary currency especially in other country most of all banks they ban bitcoin there all only accept fiat currency.
iloveass2

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:13:42 AM

You know the government afraid that they cannot control the bitcoin so they purposely ban it. With bitcoin, you don't have to pay the tax but the tax is a source of income for the government. So the fact that they ban bitcoin, they just want to get more tax from you guys. You can earn a lot from bitcoin and you don't have to pay tax, that's why they ban it.

◤ ─────────────── PROJECT PAI ─────────────── ◥
│       DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR INTELLIGENT AVATARS       │ (https://projectpai.com/)
◣ ─── JOIN PROJECT PAI TELEGRAM TO GET FREE TOKENS ─── ◢ (https://t.me/projectpai)
Hansili4321

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:17:41 AM

The main thing is they are fear to Bitcoin. Because bitcoin dont get caught to there thousands of filters.Bitcoin privacy is so high.They can't track how many bitcoin we holding.So they can't put tax label on that.So they have no use of that.So they put banned label on bitcoin. 
bayupermana

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:38:10 AM

many countrie banned bitcoin because their governmetns still dont know the way to control bitcoin and how to tax bitcoin, because bitcoin is anonymous so it can not be controlled by any government, so they ban bitcoin, i think this is just temporary, because more and more countries have found the way to tax bitcoin, and bitcoin has brought profit to governments, so more countries will accept bitcoin in the future.
ruthbabe

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:12:45 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 07:31:29 AM by ruthbabe

The use of bitcoin in itself cannot be regulated. But you can regulate the exchanges and keep tabs on cashouts.
If you remain strictly crypto they cannot regulate anything.

It's what I mean by my statement, "the use of Bitcoin can be regulated". I based it on the news headlines below without reading its content...

Philippines Could Regulate (Legalize) Bitcoin as a Security

Can Government Regulation Affect Bitcoin Prices?

Bitcoin in India: What Happens When the World’s Largest Remittance Market Regulates Bitcoin?

Putin Confirms Russia Will Regulate Cryptocurrencies

Regulating Bitcoin: how new frameworks could be a catalyst for cryptocurrencies

TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:17:19 AM

It is true that some countries are banned the bitcoin. I think the reason why they banned bitcoin is because of the disadvantages of bitcoin. I think they are focusing to disadvantage of the bitcoin and not the advantages of bitcoin.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:20:31 AM

In our case, the Philippines, they're thinking of ways to ban bitcoins because essentially, the idea for them is that the Filipinos are turning bitcoin to cash; from virtually nothing to money. That maybe the case for some countries since the government does not want this from happening.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:24:58 AM

Because they are just keeping their citizens away from any harm, you guys know how useful and convenient bitcoins are but they also see the risk in it. Like what if the bitcoins are being used on illegal activities? They have no control, they can't track those people plus the value of bitcoins, they might think that it's a bubble.

Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 07:28:10 AM

I see indonesia will soon be one of thyese countries.

History has taught us that when you try and ban and control people it just has the opposite effect. Unless of course you can destroy the source.

Thats what makes bitcoin so strong. Its decentralized. There is no source to destroy!!

ruthbabe

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:08:03 AM

In our case, the Philippines, they're thinking of ways to ban bitcoins because essentially, the idea for them is that the Filipinos are turning bitcoin to cash; from virtually nothing to money. That maybe the case for some countries since the government does not want this from happening.

Hey, I'm from the Philippines too! Are you sure with what you said, "the Philippines are thinking of ways to ban bitcoins"? No offense, but maybe you're not aware of the following news,

Philippines Could Regulate (Legalize) Bitcoin as a Security

Philippines’ Central Bank Issues Guidelines for Virtual Currency Exchanges

Bitcoin Regulatory Guidelines Are Coming to the Philippines

nemesis_

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:45:43 AM

The transactions take place between users directly here in bitcoin. Therefore, the transactions made can’t be traced. It  can’t be controlled by the government. Without the government’s supervision, some illegal transactions may be made that may harm the country. Furthermore, in here, the government can’t issue tax to the transactions made.

karisiak123

Activity: 244

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:02:20 PM

countries that prohibit bitcoin, the possibility of government in that country does not permit or disallow people to do business online or there are provisions in that country

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: