Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:20:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit2X satoshi 1.14.5 node distribution  (Read 396 times)
calibra (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:55:09 PM

Hello,

I was just looking how the bitcoin full node distribution looks like.  It was kind of interesting to see, that most (90%) of the Satoshi 1.14.5 2X nodes are hosted on Amazon.com, Inc.
This does not look like a normal user pattern.  What do you think?
I wonder who would trust such a network?  I would think that in this setup a 50% attack could be possible.

Cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bestcoin-fan

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:08:19 AM

Those scoundrels from "b2x", as ever, lie pretending to be the community.
(They are scoundrels primarily because they refuse to honestly admit their venture as an altcoin, and implement a reliable replay protection

Donate BTC: 1EeAXetny8pdoAZ4gyhDwnoMUxoTNGyKSz
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:01:59 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 08:15:44 AM by Hyperme.sh

They are scoundrels primarily because they refuse to honestly admit their venture as an altcoin, and implement a reliable replay protection

I do not agree with everything in the following quoted blog (although I agree with what is quoted blow) in that there is no “social consensus” w.r.t. to any subjective issues (rather the social sheep are for harvesting by the whales), so I offer my perspective on why these games are being played to fool the sheep into walking into the trap:

5) Replay protection and unnecessary disruption: this was perhaps one of the most controversial stances by the S2X developing team. The outright refusal, followed by persistent reluctance, to implement strong replay protection gave a sense of recklessness to the entire community. It seems, at times, that S2X aims at deliberately causing disruption in the expectation users will capitulate and end up upgrading to its incompatible implementation. This posture undermines S2X’s own credibility as a legitimate attempt to improve the protocol.

Here is a conspiracy theory for you:

I don’t think so. BTC will become stronger (after some collapse in price and recovery) because it remained immutable as no Core thugs were able to monopolize the mutation of the blockchain for their bankster masters who funded them. Whereas BCH was an airdrop not a hard fork. The point being that the free market should decide which mutation is valuable, by making them all airdrops and not the anointing one over the others by some NYA of whales. Nevertheless, I think the entire Core thuggery is really just a Hegelian dialectic by design, to take BTC from sheep when immutability is ultimately restored. Again this is not a certain outcome nor is the timing certain. I reiterate this is a speculative interpretation of what I perceive may be the reality behind the curtain so to speak, although technological facts are in the open for anyone to analyse. Of course, my speculation could end up entirely incorrect or it could happen years from now when everyone has long since concluded I was smoking my own Koolaid.

the very nature of an “agreement” between a few parties in a decentralized consensus protocol can be interpreted as an aggression against the network.

My speculative perspective is that Core are the thugs and I will celebrate when this reality becomes apparent to everyone. Sheep are slow to learn, but the whales already know what is coming and why.

The SegWit theft will correct the thuggery and punish all those stupid enough to trust thugs.

[…]
Bestcoin-fan

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:02:40 AM

The only thing I know for sure is that

I fully trust the really competent Bitcoin Core developers team who have repeatedly proven their knowledge and reliability.
     And b2x are just a handful of lying,  deceptive, greedy,  incompetent,  irresponsible idiots, endangering the most valuable thing that we have - the Bitcoin.

Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:09:10 AM

The only thing I know for sure is that

I fully trust the really competent Bitcoin Core developers team who have repeatedly proven their knowledge and reliability.
     And b2x are just a handful of lying,  deceptive, greedy,  incompetent,  irresponsible idiots, endangering the most valuable thing that we have - the Bitcoin.

What if the Zionists created Core to enslave you? Would you even bother to click that link and research the concept. Or would you prefer to ignore it and potentially be enslaved?
Bestcoin-fan

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:06:02 AM

If 'Zionists created Core to enslave us'  Smiley then they have failed totally.
  The great Core team, and the Bitcoin itself they have been supporting so successfully, have both given us freedom we had never had before!!

And precisely on the contrary -  those lying, insolent B2X idiots are REALLY the ones who IN FACT do want to enslave us now!!

Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:38:43 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 04:41:27 PM by Hyperme.sh

The great Core team, and the Bitcoin itself they have been supporting so successfully, have both given us freedom we had never had before!!

Obviously you have not read the link I provided and researched my posts there. I disagree with your myopic assessment.

Personally, it's so obvious to me that I am absolutely right

Someone who has not even read the information I linked to, is lacking the information to make an fully informed decision as to whether they are correct.

What is the point of a discussion if both sides are not willing to read all the information for the opposing side’s argument.
Bestcoin-fan

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:43:15 PM

Personally, it's so obvious to me that I am absolutely right, that I do not see any point in arguing with you.

But of course I respect the right of everyone to have their own opinion.
I haven't managed to convince you, then what? You may stay with your opinion

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: