Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:47:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who do you think will compete with Bitcoin?  (Read 1375 times)
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:51:48 AM

For me, the main competitor of bitcoin is gold. Ordinary, physical gold.

That is when we are no more in the field of cryptocurrencies and if that is the case, then truelly gold, rubby or silver are competitors of bitcoin if we are now looking both into the crypto world and the real world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tryer12

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:58:58 AM

I don't think it will be a different coin(It will be but just not based on the Blockchain Tech) but a completely new technology to compete with the Blockchain one, I saw few discussions about Hashgraph here but maybe something else will come which will be better than both of them.
corroze

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:21:23 PM

I don't think there are currently other digital currencies that can compete with bitcoin, but along with technological advances there is a possibility that someday there will be from other currencies that can compete with bitcoin and have many advantages.
amila_cs

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 01:24:25 PM

Every new ICO wants to be the next Bitcoin  Grin

WONO

⇐ ● WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of  any assets and services without currency and taxation expenses ● ⇒

○ ○ ○  WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK  ○ ○  ○
OrcaTech

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:39:34 PM

I think there only two kinds of crypto to compete: BTC Cash and Etherium.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:06:30 PM

BTC vs BTC because bitcoin will compete with itslef no other coins coin beat bitcoin . Even ETH is the largest popular and acceptable currency but nobody can beat bitcoin in terms of acceptance and popularity.
mosaicpropose

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:08:26 PM

iPhone vs Samsung, Android vs iOS, BMW vs Mercedes .... Smiley
PayPal and altcoins will try,  but bitcoin will be victorious in the end as it's a long standing currency and because paypal sucks with all the chargebacks and such.
geac.xraekhurcoe

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 02:44:28 PM

Bitcoin compete with fiat, the crypto currencies all compete with fiat. Basically it is all vs fiat

҉ Planet QYBB   ҉
Malamok101

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:51:31 PM

In the sense you try to think bitcoin in bitcoinnect because last 3months the bcc value increases and he loses the price of bitcoin but right now it goes down with ethereum so you can not really configure another coin in bitcoin because bitcoin really is main using a lot of people. And bitcoin is still rising and not just dropping

raisulmushfeq

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 02:59:30 PM

I was going to write monero, but after reading the other posts and thinking about it, I also think that just another crypto currency might not be able to compete with Bitcoin if it does not have a real use like ethereum that enables smart contracts. It is really a game changer and have a potential to become the biggest micropayment platform for developers.
probittrader

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:01:48 PM

There are actully not one but 2-3 crupto currency which can compete with the bitcoin.
the 1st one is obviously is Dash cause its instant and private fetcher.
And also the eth and neo can compete bitcoin in future.
3x2-2

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:02:45 PM

ETH and NEM, the best alternative of bitcoin.
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:04:43 PM

For bitcoin its rise in the realm of cryptocurrency is fuelled by its combination of longevity and high profits. However due to its consistent instability and volatility there had been considerable noise surrounding ethernum which i think is its closest competitor n

Y U MAD AT ME
hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:04:48 PM

For me, nothing will compete bitcoin, because bitcoin is the foundation of all digital currency. But the closest is the ethereum but will never ever replace bitcoin.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 03:14:49 PM

As of now, I don't think that any of forked coins such as Bitcoin cash or Bitcoin gold have the potential to compete Bitcoin in terms of active userbase, price and community support. However, I think there are some potential alt-coins which might be able to reach the volume of Bitcoin transactions.

The first one is Ripple's XRP and I am choosing this because this is banker's Bitcoin in my opinion and Banks will use it for their internal transactions and since they will share the transaction details of the users with governments, there won't be any legal issues too which is pro point for the growth of it.

The second one is ETH because I am expecting huge growth in the sector of I.O.T powered by A.I so in the coming years, we won't be doing much of our transactions like paying the electricity bill or gas bill etc. It is possible that electronic appliances will automatically remind the servicing companies for the maintenance check of their own and be paying the bills too using the pre-signed smart contracts. However, everything is still in the beta phase but there are infinite possibilities.
AnthoRAX

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:23:05 PM

Bitcoin has already competed the trading volume of iphone. They're both different industries, the only thing that can outperform BTC is a cryptocurrency, as well.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:26:48 PM

But Their is no one to compete with Bitcoin because all other crypto currency are controlled by their developers or depend on their project and if developer or project fail the coin is dead but Bitcoin is not depended on any developer or project as all projects are created on btc and are valued it high.
cryptossi

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:36:50 PM

Ethereum is the closest competitor

Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:46:38 PM

if you are talking or referring only here in crypto currency that can only compete with is ethereum only this is close enough that competing if we look for it but if you are referring for other currency that can compete none other than fiat currency but they are not competing right because as of now there is no other currency that can compete with bitcoin cyrptocurrency.

de_xt

Activity: 602
Merit: 535

Account hacked from Oct 11th to Nov 1st 2017

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:00:55 PM

Bitcoin is the King of the first digital money and market, always the most Bitcoin will be more used. Ethereum is stronger from the altcoins, and with the smart contract feature, many areas will be used in the future. There are many more altcoins, their projects and areas of use are also strong. The lanes of all of them are different, and those who think that only Bitcoin will be permanent are very wrong for me.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██