Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:12:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most supportive cryptocurrency countries.  (Read 3602 times)
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:30:27 PM

japan still number one, now they applies and accept bitcoin. i dont know why china not following japan. as we know, some percent miners is from china. i hope soon, more country take bitcoin as payment.
I also have high hopes for Japan but as a growing number of users of bitcoin will rise and energy costs for a service transaction. Now with these challenges the Chinese. But what will happen if China will prohibit the employment of miners? Japan has limited energy and can not replace China.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:02:32 PM

japan still number one, now they applies and accept bitcoin. i dont know why china not following japan. as we know, some percent miners is from china. i hope soon, more country take bitcoin as payment.
I also have high hopes for Japan but as a growing number of users of bitcoin will rise and energy costs for a service transaction. Now with these challenges the Chinese. But what will happen if China will prohibit the employment of miners? Japan has limited energy and can not replace China.

China will go back to BTC once it's proven that it's not a bubble. They are scared that people will invest and it all crashes to 0 and their citizens will lose billions. It would certainly be a problem for a country that treats its people like slaves. If people don't invest locally but buy pixels in the web it's bad for the economy. I know that's a very limited thinking, but the Chinese officials are limited. It will take time but  they will eventually allow people to trade.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
franco123

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:34:56 AM

I'm not really sure on what the government's standing on other countries. But in our country, the Philippines, the government actually neither support nor discourage Bitcoin yet. There are no news that they are planning to ban it even if other countries alreadyd did. And the coins.ph is still running and accepting Bitcoin trading which is popular as a mean of having Bitcoin address. What will make it hard probably if the users continues to grow and might alarm the govenrment that it might be being used for illegal trading.
Emmami@758

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:36:33 AM

Ok. So for the past two months, everyday, I have been reading cryptocurrency news from all around the world. (mostly from news.bitcoin and cointelegraph) and I has summed up my top three over-all supportive and progressive crypto-communities (not just the legal factor). [Feel free to disagree with me or correct my words]

not in any order

DISCLAIMER
*My reasons came from a compilation of news articles, but the list is purely opinionated.

1. Russia
The conflicting interest b/w Putin and the Central Bank has been slowing up the pace for progress; however, recent news suggest that the guidelines for bitcoin and digital currency will be made both beneficial to the government and the local users. I think Russia will be one of the centers of the blockchain technology in the future. Not to mention that Putin and Buterin have already discussed ways for the Ethereum platform to work well for the government.

2. Scandinavian countries
Not only Russia, but countries in Northern Europe have also integrated the blockchain technology in their university programs. Not only that, but some have now allowed Bitcoin to be a method of payment for tuition fees. Aside from this, countries such as Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Switzerland are gearing towards a 'cashless' society, and digital currencies are helping them do so.

3. Japan
Of course Japan is in my list. What better way to say it, but Japan is the first to make Bitcoin a legal tender. What makes Japan enter the list is because they didn't end there. As soon as they've allowed Bitcoin to become a mode of payment, authorities then also placed their attention to the miners and ICOs. Leaving no factor behind. As of now, you can even pay utility bills with Bitcoin, and the government is supporting small households to mine digital currencies.

to day in the world number of country's using bit coins. in that japan is one of the best country  that country people using bit coins daily in their life and next USA, Singapore, Thailand, Korea, Canada, hong khong, Italy, France, Russia and Australia. these all country's playing major role to using crypto currency. china also one of the country using crypto but in that government banned using crypto currency.
ALT67890

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:23:44 AM

Japan is first on my list. As it continues to make a mark in bitcoin community as they come for a new brand of mining rigs that might soon be used and beneficial to us, giving competitors to lessen cost and more improvements to its electricity and efficiency.

As everyone have bad things to say about Russia for I don’t think anot about they’re stands on bitcoin but on personal level. I know that they have planned to used nuclear plant and convert to a mining farm, is that enough for you guys.

Don’t mixed your personal vendetta towards one nation to reality for it won’t be accurate but biased.

Indeed it will be Japan at the top list because they have all reasons that they should earn all credits about the positive impact that bitcoin contributed in the world economy because if the results become opposite after introducing the bitcoin it will be criticism would be their consequence. Russia and other nation may create their own version of bitcoin for their self interest or what ever they have planned but still it will not take away the pride that already achieved by Japan.   

That’s true, Japan is the one started it all and make bitcoin and cryptocurrency a worldwide phenomenon. There countries acceptance to this kind of Blockchain technology is a model to any other country who will soon make the step that Japan have made. I’ve heard about them making they’re own coins but not sure if it’s true but I don’t see but thing with it and I’m sure to watch about this coin and support it.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:46:38 AM

China will go back to BTC once it's proven that it's not a bubble. They are scared that people will invest and it all crashes to 0 and their citizens will lose billions. It would certainly be a problem for a country that treats its people like slaves. If people don't invest locally but buy pixels in the web it's bad for the economy. I know that's a very limited thinking, but the Chinese officials are limited. It will take time but  they will eventually allow people to trade.
China wants to ban ICO. I understand that this ban has not been canceled. In about bitcoin, the Chinese are no prohibitions not imposed. They only limit the exchange of crypto-currencies for yuan, but without it no one except the Chinese don't need. Until bitcoin will be profitable, no one will not refuse him. But the state does not want to take no responsibility so do not recognize bitcoin never.
cas606

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:58:53 AM

I'm not sure that Russia belongs on the list. Like China, they have flip-flopped on cryptocurrencies for years. The Prosecutor General actually said in 2014 that using Bitcoin was illegal, because it functioned as a "money substitute." This stance was never enforced and indeed seems to evolved into a more progressive stance. However, they have continued to block access to cryptocurrency sites/exchanges, and released a new list of banned domains just a couple months ago.

The government has also made conflicting statements (and there are conflicting rumors). On one hand, the Finance Minister says it makes no sense to ban cryptocurrencies. On the other hand, there are rumors floating around about the "Crypto-Ruble" and that once it is launched, mining other cryptocurrencies will be considered illegal. I wouldn't include Russia simply because we have no idea what their regulations will end up looking like.

Japan, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland are definitely all taking progressives stances and are encouraging innovation and adoption.

I fully agree. Russia could not decide whether they would be really supportive of Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency movement in general or they would be following the ban path pioneered by China. Maybe by next year we can be able to know what can be its final decision. Right now, we are hoping that there can be a strong lobby from the many Russians who are now into the cryptocurrency market for the government to instead formulate regulations rather than an outright ban.

As far as the top supportive countries for Bitcoin, it should really be Japan at the top and we all know why. I think it is Japan that lead the way on how to work with Bitcoin and make things to the benefits of the country's economy. Other countries who are afraid that they can be gobbled up by Bitcoin should look at the model set up by Japan.

Right now, in Asia, we also have South Korea (though there is an ICO ban in there), Taiwan, Thailand, the Philippines and maybe also Malaysia, Cambodia and Vietnam as countries that can soon be loving Bitcoin. I am also excited of what the continent of Africa can be able to contribute for the progress of Bitcoin (it can be a good medium of exchange in places where conflicts are existing).

Interesting insights! If i am keen to learn more about Japan's model, as well as other countries you mentioned - South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Php, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, how would you suggest I learn more about them?

Re: Africa, agree, which countries would you bet on, that will become the earlier hotspots there?
Bitcoin_BOy$

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

|| Web developer ||

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:29:07 AM

Russia prepares, to legalize bitcoin and start there own cryptocurrency. That's a good news, but they must have an interest. it still mysterious how things will go there because
the conflict between the gov and the central bank. The russian gov want miners to register, maybe they can oblige some miners to use there's hashing power to ddos some websites, or hacking ....
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:36:28 AM

Japan is certainly the no 1 country in terms of related to cypto currencies. Their govt is friendly to this type of technology and China once used to be a leader in this space and now it is falling back as they have banned recently ICO and and also curbed their exchanges.

lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:46:44 AM

Japan and South Korea is the most. But number 1 and biggest is still Japan.
China ban bitcoin , because the government can't control bitcoin.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:04:49 AM

Japan also comes first in my mind and now they’re making some mining rig that is lesser cost, electricity but with high performance. Haven’t heard any update as of now but Japan as we all know how technologically talented country that is really be a hit.

China in other way thought that they can manipulate the market when they tried to ban and closed exchanges but the bitcoin community answers with a swiping 6000$ price without they’re support.

There are more countries now that are supporting bitcoin/cryptocurrency as the investors and users keep doubling its number.

I wish that my country had the same kind of support for bitcoin and cryptocurrency such as Japan. So far, it's still in the introductory stage and is about the be recognized and accepted. I believe that Japan has made some efforts to cater for the bitcoin users in their country and this encourages them to continue using bitcoin. China has some influence because I heard their to be huge number of bitcoin users in their country. From what I see, more and more countries are now choosing to support cryto and bitcoin.
xebecstyx

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:10:29 AM

Ok. So for the past two months, everyday, I have been reading cryptocurrency news from all around the world. (mostly from news.bitcoin and cointelegraph) and I has summed up my top three most supportive and progressive crypto-communities. [Feel free to disagree with me or correct my words]

not in any order

DISCLAIMER
*My reasons came from a compilation of news articles, but the list is purely opinionated.

1. Russia
The conflicting interest b/w Putin and the Central Bank has been slowing up the pace for progress; however, recent news suggest that the guidelines for bitcoin and digital currency will be made both beneficial to the government and the local users. I think Russia will be one of the centers of the blockchain technology in the future. Not to mention that Putin and Buterin have already discussed ways for the Ethereum platform to work well for the government.

Not only Russia, but countries in Northern Europe have also integrated the blockchain technology in their university programs. Not only that, but some have now allowed Bitcoin to be a method of payment for tuition fees. Aside from this, countries such as Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Switzerland are gearing towards a 'cashless' society, and digital currencies are helping them do so.

3. Japan
Of course Japan is in my list. What better way to say it, but Japan is the first to make Bitcoin a legal tender. What makes Japan enter the list is because they didn't end there. As soon as they've allowed Bitcoin to become a mode of payment, authorities then also placed their attention to the miners and ICOs. Leaving no factor behind. As of now, you can even pay utility bills with Bitcoin, and the government is supporting small households to mine digital currencies.

I'm not sure that Russia belongs on the list. Like China, they have flip-flopped on cryptocurrencies for years. The Prosecutor General actually said in 2014 that using Bitcoin was illegal, because it functioned as a "money substitute." This stance was never enforced and indeed seems to evolved into a more progressive stance. However, they have continued to block access to cryptocurrency sites/exchanges, and released a new list of banned domains just a couple months ago.

The government has also made conflicting statements (and there are conflicting rumors). On one hand, the Finance Minister says it makes no sense to ban cryptocurrencies. On the other hand, there are rumors floating around about the "Crypto-Ruble" and that once it is launched, mining other cryptocurrencies will be considered illegal. I wouldn't include Russia simply because we have no idea what their regulations will end up looking like.

Japan, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland are definitely all taking progressives stances and are encouraging innovation and adoption.

I, too, agree with the point about Russia. I have recently read that they are not comfortable using bitcoin as a currency and is even planning to sanction people who use them. Russia's stand is not really in support of the furtherance of bitcoin as currency in the global trading block. Japan, on the other hand, has been a big player that supports bitcoin to be used globally and are even encouraging businesses in their countries to use it, or invest in it. I guess the difference in the innovation mindset is what affects these two countries to have conflicting ideas about bitcoins.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:27:00 PM

It seems to me that there are no States that support the development of bitcoin. Everything rests only on the enthusiasm of people who believe in bitcoin. States are trying to benefit from it or on the contrary to deny. The state's attitude to bitcoin is possible to judge the degree of democratic society. All dictatorships ban bitcoin because they are afraid of losing control over people.
Cloud27

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:38:12 PM

Russia is a supportive country in the cryptocurrency, recently they provide a pilot city in Russia that will cater local agencies, one that will manage the security and protection of its people in cryptocurrency while the other one is an information dissemination to its people about cryptocurrency.

https://news.bitcoin.com/russia-pilot-city-launch-cryptocurrency-agencies/
BitcoinLaws

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 08:20:08 PM

Canada is welcoming leagl ICO and fintech startup via the sandbox program https://www.securities-administrators.ca/industry_resources.aspx?id=1588

Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:39:36 PM

I fully agree. Russia could not decide whether they would be really supportive of Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency movement in general or they would be following the ban path pioneered by China. Maybe by next year we can be able to know what can be its final decision. Right now, we are hoping that there can be a strong lobby from the many Russians who are now into the cryptocurrency market for the government to instead formulate regulations rather than an outright ban.

As far as the top supportive countries for Bitcoin, it should really be Japan at the top and we all know why. I think it is Japan that lead the way on how to work with Bitcoin and make things to the benefits of the country's economy. Other countries who are afraid that they can be gobbled up by Bitcoin should look at the model set up by Japan.

Right now, in Asia, we also have South Korea (though there is an ICO ban in there), Taiwan, Thailand, the Philippines and maybe also Malaysia, Cambodia and Vietnam as countries that can soon be loving Bitcoin. I am also excited of what the continent of Africa can be able to contribute for the progress of Bitcoin (it can be a good medium of exchange in places where conflicts are existing).

Interesting insights! If i am keen to learn more about Japan's model, as well as other countries you mentioned - South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Php, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, how would you suggest I learn more about them?

Re: Africa, agree, which countries would you bet on, that will become the earlier hotspots there?

Vietnam just banned bitcoin - https://www.coindesk.com/vietnams-central-bank-announces-ban-on-bitcoin-payments/

To learn more about them you should look for news relating or bitcoin in that country. Or you can try to check their local boards here however, you need to translate everything. As far as Africa, I see Nigeria as the emerging nation in terms of bitcoin in Africa. For more news you can also follow bitcoin scene in Africa here: https://bitcoinhub.co.za/
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:00:26 PM

Ok. So for the past two months, everyday, I have been reading cryptocurrency news from all around the world. (mostly from news.bitcoin and cointelegraph) and I has summed up my top three over-all supportive and progressive crypto-communities (not just the legal factor). [Feel free to disagree with me or correct my words]

not in any order

DISCLAIMER

1. Russia

3. Japan

Please removed Russia, they are not supportive of cryptocurrency and its not a safe haven either. Observed how they contradict once statement and you will get the idea that they are against it. I'm saying yes to Scandinavian countries, Sweden and Switzerland are leading the way. Latest news we see is that they are going to accept bitcoin as payment or tuition fees. Of course Japan no question is the leader now because China is out of the picture. There are also smaller countries in Asia as well that are bitcoin friendly.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:36:23 PM

I agree with you on Japan. Right now they are the ones who support Bitcoin the most. Bitcoins are 100% legal in a number of other nations as well, such as Singapore, Switzerland and South Korea. But the situation there is not as bright as that in Japan, as there are difficulties with the tax structure and red tape.
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:36:56 PM

How about Singapore? Recently they declared they would not be interested in regulating cryptocurrency. Rather they would look at activities surrounding cryptocurrency (I am positive they're implying Ico's here) and regulate if necessary.
goldblumandpartners

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

Arbeit macht müde und krank!

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 11:12:24 AM

This is a screenshot of the latest invoice for company formation from a Trade register of Canton Zug, Switzerland:

BTC and ETH now accepted as a payment option.

So, which one is better for blockchain, BTC and other cryptocurrencies?

Cool Cool Cool

🇨🇭 Swiss 🇨🇭 Law firm 🇨🇭 www.goldblum.ch 🇨🇭 Tel.: +41445152590 (office) 🇨🇭 All legal issues in Switzerland
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: