Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:32:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bananas + blockchain ... Can it work?  (Read 2214 times)
LeeRachelTobin (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:54:53 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2017, 09:23:06 PM by LeeRachelTobin

I am newbie to the blockchain/bitcoin/ICO arena (don't troll me!! Roll Eyes). The first project I've become involved in is BananaCoin.

What is BananaCoin?

Bananacoin is the world's first blockchain option for investing in the production of organic bananas. The banana farm, in Laos, is organic and ecological and will export bananas to China, where demand is greater than supply. This is particularly so in recent times given Chinese plantations have been banned as they are toxic.

The price of Bananacoin tokens is protected by the cost of one kilogram of bananas.

Why invest in BananaCoin?

Having invested in Bananacoin you have the opportunity to get a minimum of 100% profit of the project implementation. The business is easy to scale and it is growing into a serious player in the Asian fruit market. The business model is completely transparent. This essentially seems to be a risk-free investment. You can find out more, or join the private sale, at www.bananacoin.io

Could bananas change the face of blockchain forever?

What really interests me about the Banana project is:

- It's totally real. This is a legit plantation. Producing ethical bananas. To fill a real void in the market. It's not just a cool idea, it's a proper project.
- It relates to the common 'non tech' person. Projects like this have the potential to bring the otherwise quite technical blockchain market into a new mainstream understanding.
- Blockchain could transform the agricultural industry. There is a massive demand for 'organic' foods. The concept of 'from farm to table' is popular, yet the industry, as it stands, can not verify claims that its food and drink products are organic, ethical, sustainable etc. Blockchain projects could begin to change this. Here is any interesting article on the topic: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/blockchain-will-revolutionize-agriculture-and-food-supply-chain/

What are people's thoughts on this? Can these projects start to bring blockchain into the common person's thinking and even onto their dinner table??    Grin Wink Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mR.k0fka

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:04:08 PM

i dont really think that a project that is all about bananas, can be "future of blockchain"
unless you are kidding

there is also a "Sand coin"
LeeRachelTobin (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:20:53 PM

Not being 'literal!!!  Cheesy

I just think it's interesting/ worth considering how blockchain can become more commonly-talked about when dealing with commodities like fruit/veg.

There is talk about how it could really transform agricultural industries given the popularity of 'farm to plate' and generally these projects being more transparent and user/investor focused.

Thoughts?
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:36:41 PM

It is useless, i dont understand why they have created an ico only to talk about bananas, it doesnt make sense at all, they are saying that they have millions of dollars, a huge farm all over the world, and they want to rise an ico to have more funds... uhmm very suspicius, i would not invest anything in that ico, of course that it looks very weird and the founders too, i dont trust in them at all.. Invest at your owk risky guys.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:18:59 PM

It is useless, i dont understand why they have created an ico only to talk about bananas, it doesnt make sense at all, they are saying that they have millions of dollars, a huge farm all over the world, and they want to rise an ico to have more funds... uhmm very suspicius, i would not invest anything in that ico, of course that it looks very weird and the founders too, i dont trust in them at all.. Invest at your owk risky guys.

It does make sense, if you actually understand what blockchain and ICOs are about...

Whether or not this particular project will work out, I don't know. But as long as tokens automatically grant participation in the profits of the farmers it would be almost no different from investing in a business. The only difference would be that the blockchain makes it far easier to invest. And that is indeed a big part of the future of the blockchain: Allowing everybody to invest in ventures and businesses, not just a select few wealthy people with access to the right middlemen services.

If you were a seasoned investor you would be able to appreciate the general idea behind this proposal.
Visin

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:18:15 AM

I am newbie to the blockchain/bitcoin/ICO arena (don't troll me!! Roll Eyes). The first project I've become involved in is BananaCoin.

What is BananaCoin?

Bananacoin is the world's first blockchain option for investing in the production of organic bananas. The banana farm, in Laos, is organic and ecological and will export bananas to China, where demand is greater than supply. This is particularly so in recent times given Chinese plantations have been banned as they are toxic.

The price of Bananacoin tokens is protected by the cost of one kilogram of bananas.

Why invest in BananaCoin?

Having invested in Bananacoin you have the opportunity to get a minimum of 100% profit of the project implementation. The business is easy to scale and it is growing into a serious player in the Asian fruit market. The business model is completely transparent. This essentially seems to be a risk-free investment. You can find out more, or join the private sale, at www.bananacoin.io

Could bananas change the face of blockchain forever?

What really interests me about the Banana project is:

- It's totally real. This is a legit plantation. Producing ethical bananas. To fill a real void in the market. It's not just a cool idea, it's a proper project.
- It relates to the common 'non tech' person. Projects like this have the potential to bring the otherwise quite technical blockchain market into a new mainstream understanding.
- Blockchain could transform the agricultural industry. There is a massive demand for 'organic' foods. The concept of 'from farm to table' is popular, yet the industry, as it stands, can not verify claims that its food and drink products are organic, ethical, sustainable etc. Blockchain projects could begin to change this. Here is any interesting article on the topic: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/blockchain-will-revolutionize-agriculture-and-food-supply-chain/

What are people's thoughts on this? Can these projects start to bring blockchain into the common person's thinking and even onto their dinner table??    Grin Wink Tongue
The coin will help Blockchain tech plus more people will begin to use Cryptocurrencies. There's better coins out there that people can put money in.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
moynul2050

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:40:37 AM

i dont really think that a project that is all about bananas, can be "future of blockchain"
unless you are kidding

there is also a "Sand coin"
Nothing is impossible, and you will regret when all goods are sold with blockchain technology.
this is a world that can change quickly.  Cool
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:53:39 AM

Look at Honey, its sort of working for them. I've seen that coin go pretty high and they have a real product for sale, honey.

Campaign Manager (2018)
VackFromOhm

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:43:46 AM

I mean... interesting idea, I've seen a lot of kinda weird projects like this one popping up recently. I guess if it works, and is a profitable business, sure... I can't really see a world where every good is bought/sold with blockchain technology, especially because it has such a hard time going mainstream and I think people, especially the people in this community, would be hesitant to use a blockchain that is the opposite of anonymous- the whole reason that Satoshi developed it in the first place! But ah, I guess if there's a demand for it... Hell, color me interested in where it's going to go.
HansWermhat

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:53:31 AM

Well, it seems like there really is a coin for everything now.
beachbummer

Activity: 251

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:26:12 AM

Nothing unusual. This is just using crypto tokens as a form of security. Very much akin to a banana company listing on the stock exchange.
sonawer

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:36:36 AM

I really love this project) I hope that the topic of environmental friendliness will be more extensive than this investment project. The team has great ambitions for the future!
OneUnderBridge

Activity: 368
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 09:16:11 AM

I followed Bananacoin for awhile and I almost threw an investment at it, but I backed out at the last moment. It actually sounded like a fairly good idea to me but then something just sorta didn't feel right because I don't know anything about the banana markets. It sounds swell, but I'm not so sure how the token will do on the markets.

▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████▀
      ██████████████ ██████████████
      ▐████████████   ████████████▌
       ███████████     ███████████
      ▐██████████       ██████████▌
      █████████▀         ▀█████████
    ▄████████▀             ▀████████▄
  ▄███████▀▀                 ▀▀███████▄
▄█████▀▀                         ▀▀█████▄
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬▬▬
..Connect and Create..
                ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
      █████   ████████████   █████
     ███████  ████████████  ███████
     ███████   ██████████   ███████
     ███████    ████████    ███████
      ██████    ████████    ██████
      █████▀   ██████████   ▀█████
   ▄▄██▀▀    ██████████████    ▀▀█▄▄
 █████  ████████████████████████  █████
█████  ██████████████████████████  █████
       ██████████████████████████

The Movement
Unstoppable Organization
                  ▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████▀
      ██████████████ ██████████████
      ▐████████████   ████████████▌
       ███████████     ███████████
      ▐██████████       ██████████▌
      █████████▀         ▀█████████
    ▄████████▀             ▀████████▄
  ▄███████▀▀                 ▀▀███████▄
▄█████▀▀                         ▀▀█████▄      
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬
Connect and Create
⌠                  ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
      █████   ████████████   █████
     ███████   ██████████   ███████
     ███████    ████████    ███████
      ██████    ████████    ██████
      █████▀   ██████████   ▀█████
   ▄▄██▀▀    ██████████████    ▀▀█▄▄
 █████  ████████████████████████  █████
█████  ██████████████████████████  █████
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:42:45 AM

I mean... interesting idea, I've seen a lot of kinda weird projects like this one popping up recently. I guess if it works, and is a profitable business, sure... I can't really see a world where every good is bought/sold with blockchain technology, especially because it has such a hard time going mainstream and I think people, especially the people in this community, would be hesitant to use a blockchain that is the opposite of anonymous- the whole reason that Satoshi developed it in the first place! But ah, I guess if there's a demand for it... Hell, color me interested in where it's going to go.
It (Blockchain) doesn't have a hard time going mainstream. It simply takes a while for new tech to make it into the common household. It took a while for computers to become mainstream, it took a long time for the internet to become mainstream, and Blockchain won't be any different. Over the course of the next one to two decades most payments should be run through the Blockchain in one form or another. The dramatic reduction of transaction costs is reason alone to push the tech into mainstream households and businesses.
bitorama

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:04:20 PM

well, blockchain is really a good technology, but we can not put everything on the chain.
beachbummer

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:43:41 PM

well, blockchain is really a good technology, but we can not put everything on the chain.

Hear, hear. Fully agree with you.

Just because something can be put on a blockchain doesn't mean that it should.
Be_Happy

Activity: 518
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:03:19 PM

I love bananas, but I do not quite understand why blockchain is here to grow bananas and how then the profits and the price for products will be calculated.

beachbummer

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:18:43 PM

I love bananas, but I do not quite understand why blockchain is here to grow bananas and how then the profits and the price for products will be calculated.

I didn't read too much detail, but based on the OP summary, 1 coin is equal to the cost of 1kg of bananas, so I suppose you will enjoy the profits of 1kg of bananas by purchasing 1 coin?
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:58:40 PM

Basically, everyone who invests in the business will get a share that is equal to the proportional size of their investment. So if you have invested half of the total amount raised, you will get half of the profits.
Anastasiya

Activity: 126

DS Plus support | pluscoin.io

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:06:13 PM

And what for do you use the blockchain?
There is no need in payment security or anonymity. So, why to discover something useless

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: