Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:18:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Safely Claim Bitcoin Gold  (Read 13791 times)
ismart1 (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 127

Make a difference, make it better.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 08:58:57 PM

Any bitcoins (BTC) held in your Bitcoin wallet at the time the fork occurs will grant you an equal amount of BTG. This applies only if you have access to the private keys of your wallet, so no exchange wallets apply.
Although the fork will occur on October 25, exchanges are likely to only open Bgold for trading one week later on November 1. This allows time for technical issues to be resolved by all participants.
Right now, no clear instructions are available for how to split your BTC from your BTG. Exchanges and software/hardware wallets are still deciding on whether they’ll support this fork.
If you participated in the Bitcoin Cash split, the procedure will be similar—though likely smoother, as exchanges and wallets have had practice and more preparation time. As always, the most important thing to do is safeguard your Bitcoin private keys, as BTC’s value is far higher than BTG’s.

Read more to find out on 99 Bitcoins

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Noks

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:06:41 PM

I thought Bittrex was supporting the fork ?...
Visin

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:18:48 PM

Any bitcoins (BTC) held in your Bitcoin wallet at the time the fork occurs will grant you an equal amount of BTG. This applies only if you have access to the private keys of your wallet, so no exchange wallets apply.
Although the fork will occur on October 25, exchanges are likely to only open Bgold for trading one week later on November 1. This allows time for technical issues to be resolved by all participants.
Right now, no clear instructions are available for how to split your BTC from your BTG. Exchanges and software/hardware wallets are still deciding on whether they’ll support this fork.
If you participated in the Bitcoin Cash split, the procedure will be similar—though likely smoother, as exchanges and wallets have had practice and more preparation time. As always, the most important thing to do is safeguard your Bitcoin private keys, as BTC’s value is far higher than BTG’s.

I will wait till there's an official announcement from the developers from Bitcoin Gold. If anything it would be the same as claiming Bitcoin Cash...We just have to use another wallet.
Thanks anyway.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
ismart1 (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 127

Make a difference, make it better.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 11:38:15 AM

I will wait till there's an official announcement from the developers from Bitcoin Gold. If anything it would be the same as claiming Bitcoin Cash...We just have to use another wallet.
Thanks anyway.

Now there is more awareness about how the fork works, and different from the panic generated prior to BCash when people wouldn't know was going to happen and bitcoin dropped to $1880, people and exchanges are aware and more prepared, I even received an email from an exchange stating that they will support the fork and issue the same amount of BGold in a different wallet automatically at the fork (Brasiliex), and probably this will become the trend the next few days.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
rayjellanajao

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Strategist

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 11:52:14 AM

I heard that bitgrail will support the BTG fork. I just hope that it is true because thats where i currently trading.
barbz111

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:08:50 PM

there's a process on this claiming the bitcoin gold, there's a bitcoin wallet for to use and the one i now is Ethereum if you are registered you must save the private key, and the code for the safety of your bitcoin gold.
rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:13:35 PM

If you really believe that bitcoin gold is going to worth something and then having the bitcoin in a wallet that you own the private key will be the safest option. This will guarantee that you will are entitled to bitcoin gold. Usually, Exchange and wallet will only start supporting the fork if there are strong community support for it.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:30:14 PM

If someone wanna avoid Private Keys complications, the easiest way to claim BCG is via Yobit. Yobit has already declared that it will be supporting Bitcoin Gold.
All you need to do is to send your Bitcoins in Yobit wallet. Wait for Bitcoin Gold listing and you will immediately get BCG in your Yobit wallet where you can immediately sell it for Bitcoins.
Yobit Timer of BCG listing: https://yobit.net/en/bitcoingold/timer/
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:08:45 PM

If someone wanna avoid Private Keys complications, the easiest way to claim BCG is via Yobit. Yobit has already declared that it will be supporting Bitcoin Gold.
All you need to do is to send your Bitcoins in Yobit wallet. Wait for Bitcoin Gold listing and you will immediately get BCG in your Yobit wallet where you can immediately sell it for Bitcoins.

freebitco.in (faucet-dice-site) also somewhat support bitcoin gold
you can get your bitcoin gold share by having bitcoin balance in your freebitco.in at the fork time
and you can withdraw it after the hard fork to any exchanger or wallet you desire
so before the hard fork date, you could deposit your BTC there and treat the site as temporary wallet
meanwhile waiting for the fork to happen, you will also get around 0.01% daily interest of your BTC balance

riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:12:52 PM

Yeah please let me get my valuable bitcoins and send them to yobit of all sites. That seems like the nut worst idea I dont even care if I get bitcoingold then. If you have your private keys which every

body should have wait for the bitcoingold to get dropped there or supported there. It isnt worth risking your real bitcoin for something that will be gone and forgotten about pretty soon
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:21:54 PM

Yeah please let me get my valuable bitcoins and send them to yobit of all sites. That seems like the nut worst idea I dont even care if I get bitcoingold then. If you have your private keys which every

body should have wait for the bitcoingold to get dropped there or supported there. It isnt worth risking your real bitcoin for something that will be gone and forgotten about pretty soon

In electrum also I noticed that expecting private key to seek the bitcoin gold reward for the bitcoin I saved. Yobit will gonna add the bitcoin gold in their trading and already they started  their timer to run in their site.
Bitcoin gold is supporting here and there is no issues in trusting bitcoin gold since you are me supporting still the bitcoin cash.
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:27:04 PM

such titles were opened in the previous "fork" wave. it will be so now how it has been done before. they have probably started to work on exchanges. I just think it would be enough to follow the announcements  for exchanges. I think that btcgold owners will not be allowed to withdraw money until the market is stabilized, as it was before.I still think a few fraudulent firms will emerge. we must be more careful in this regard.I hope many better days are waiting for us Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:56:55 PM

One thing that the users need to be careful about is that there is thing called replay attack where in the user might lose his bitcoin gold when he sends bitcoin to anyone as both will be having the same private key and viceversa. Not everyone would be able to claim it but unethical hackers would try to do so it seems. Am not an expert in this thing but it would be better for you not to make any transactions during the fork unless and until you got confirmation from a trusted source.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:26:48 AM

It's your bad if you think Yobit to be a scam site. No doubt exchanges are very risky to store money but millions of dollars are daily traded on exchanges like Yobit. It's no bad to send your BTC there for a week and withdraw next week.
In this way, you will be able to trade BTG much earlier than others with private keys as they can only trade once exchanges open deposit/withdrawal of BTG which isn't seem possible before Nov 1st.
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:59:50 AM

There was a huge pannic with BTH - no one lost anything. You will get your BTG safely - dont worry.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:13:03 AM

Some exchange were deciding to accept the bitcoin gold in the future such as binance and that gives the more advantages because you can try to trade your amount in the binance exchange. Before the bitcoin gold will be able to trans into another. just like bitcoin cahs.
RAmondragon

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:14:12 AM

As long as you have access to your private keys you're good. It's the safest and fastest way I know for now. Then just wait for BTG wallet support. I keep my BTCs in cold storage just to be sure. It would be wise to wait a few days (if you can) to let things settle and for feedbacks. Better be safe than sorry.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
Shishir99

Activity: 644
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 05:36:08 AM

Bittrex has announced few moments ago that if you hold btc to your bittrex wallet then you will get same amount of bitcoin gold.
But they are not committed to open bitcoin gold market.
They have stated few bad points about bitcoin gold.
You can check out bittrex tweet for source.
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:00:47 AM

Bittrex has announced few moments ago that if you hold btc to your bittrex wallet then you will get same amount of bitcoin gold.
But they are not committed to open bitcoin gold market.
They have stated few bad points about bitcoin gold.
You can check out bittrex tweet for source.

Thanks for the share. Bittrex just officially commit to give all BTC holders their BTGs but won't list it on their exchange. There are 100,000 pre-mined BTG. So far only one solid exchange commits to list it (HitBTC).
bitcoinfuck

Activity: 634
Merit: 106

Europe Belongs To Christians

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:08:28 AM

bump to this waiting for the wallet

[/url]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: