Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:04:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a mining platform for my miners to get 5 BTC, will share profit.  (Read 1446 times)
BecomingPhill (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

BTC in Namibia

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 09:05:05 PM

Hi all,

I am a newbie miner with a Asus P5WDG2 Duo Core with 3 gigs DDR2 and an Nvidia 9800GT...yes, lame I know. So lame in fact I'm averaging a maximum of 30 MH/s which amounts to diddly squat. I have made a combined profit of about 0.0523 BTC in a whole three weeks of mining (3 miners on deepbit and 2 miners on slush).

I am attempting to earn bitcoins so that I can learn how to trade on Mt.Gox or other exchanges and with the way my mining is going, I will be going nowhere slowly. I am asking for one of you honourable gentlemen or regal ladies to help me out by providing my miners some time on your boxes to earn 5 BTC so that I can move forward.

I am not asking for a hand out, I have registered at most of the bitcoin trading and services sites and have posted my service offerings. I am a sound engineer and I will work for BTC when the bitcoin job market picks up. I have taken time to educate myself and spread the word on bitcoin. Even a search of my username should reveal that on this forum.

I am asking for honest help and I am ready to adhere to whatever terms in splitting of profits made by the miners that is required by anyone who wants to offer their help. I am not able to buy bitcoins with my cash because my country's banking system does not cater for online merchants if you are asking.

I am thanking anyone who takes the time to consider this post without jest or sarcasm and even those who do.

19YMKfUYc9S2orgBvp3LaHRbBJ5wNQENK1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rob P.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 09:11:48 PM

Honest advice:

1)  Take $150 and go buy an ATI 5770. 
2)  Take $100 and go buy 6 BTC.

Anything else is wasting your time (and ours).

You cannot mine on nVidia.
You cannot CPU mine.

Anyone willing to "sell you shares" will be doing so at the market rates, which are reflected above.  If you want BTC and do not want to wait to mine them, then buy them.  There are lots of sellers right now.

--

If you like what I've written here, consider tipping the messenger:
1GZu4CtHa6ai8iWoWiVFxV5VVoNte4SkoG

If you don't like what I've written, send me a Tip and I'll stop talking.
fascistmuffin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 09:22:55 PM

Honest advice:

You cannot CPU mine.

Anyone willing to "sell you shares" will be doing so at the market rates, which are reflected above.  If you want BTC and do not want to wait to mine them, then buy them.  There are lots of sellers right now.

Great advice. I don't know why you'd want to rent mining rather than straight up buy. It's not like the bitcoins magically appear with 0 overhead costs.
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:29:03 PM

5770 is legit, but (and if you can find them) the 5830 offers about 30% more hashing speed at $109 shipped, from Newegg.com. 

Mousepotato
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:41:56 PM

To be fair to the OP he said he is from a country that does not let him transfer money around online easily to go buying video cards and bitcoins. Namibia doesn't get a lot of traffic for newegg I imagine, if that is where he is from.

5 bitcoins is actually a sizable amount of time/money for most people however, so I'm not sure what to say the OP. Good luck I guess?
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 11:39:42 PM

If OP want to pm me, Im from South Africa and we could possibly work out a South African EFT transfer for Bitcoins or alternative to get him going.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
goldbit

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 12:29:25 AM

I am attempting to earn bitcoins so that I can learn how to trade on Mt.Gox or other exchanges and with the way my mining is going, I will be going nowhere slowly. I am asking for one of you honourable gentlemen or regal ladies to help me out by providing my miners some time on your boxes to earn 5 BTC so that I can move forward.

I am not asking for a hand out, I have registered at most of the bitcoin trading and services sites and have posted my service offerings. I am a sound engineer and I will work for BTC when the bitcoin job market picks up. I have taken time to educate myself and spread the word on bitcoin. Even a search of my username should reveal that on this forum.

I am asking for honest help and I am ready to adhere to whatever terms in splitting of profits made by the miners that is required by anyone who wants to offer their help. I am not able to buy bitcoins with my cash because my country's banking system does not cater for online merchants if you are asking.

I don't quite understand what you mean.
1) You want to use someone's machine and use your miner to earn 5 BTC?
2) You are not asking for hand out?
3) You will split the profits?

So, how are you going to split the profit? You use someone else's machine to earn 5 BTC by providing basically nothing but your miner account. I am totally confused.
BecomingPhill (OP)

BTC in Namibia

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 01:02:16 AM

Honest advice:

This is why we want to earn BTC, isn't it. Building a dedicated mining machine  is my plan and I am slowly putting the components together, unfortunately we don't get 5770 at that price in Namibia. I don't want to sound snide but if this option was available to me I would have taken it before posting this here.

The banking system in my country does not allow for online transactions unless you have a credit card. Getting a credit card is no easy task where I'm from and it is not yet within my earning bracket to procure one.

You cannot CPU mine.

I did not say that I am disregarding the little mining I am getting done, I am saying it is getting done at a rate too slow for me to do anything viable. I am looking for someone with enough spare mining power to let me generate 5 btc and then repay them on whatever terms they are comfortable with.

BecomingPhill (OP)

BTC in Namibia

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 01:14:13 AM

I don't quite understand what you mean.

1) You want to use someone's machine and use your miner to earn 5 BTC?

Yes

2) You are not asking for hand out?

No, but I will except one lol.

3) You will split the profits?

I reiterate - I am attempting to earn bitcoins so that I can learn how to trade on Mt.Gox or other exchanges and with the way my mining is going, I will be going nowhere slowly. I am asking for one of you honourable gentlemen or regal ladies to help me out by providing my miners some time on your boxes to earn 5 BTC so that I can move forward.

So, how are you going to split the profit? You use someone else's machine to earn 5 BTC by providing basically nothing but your miner account. I am totally confused.

Well let's clear that up then. Yes you are right that I am offering nothing tangible but my word. My request simply put: Loan me mining time to get 5 BTC and set your repayment terms, whether that is that I repay in certain amount of time or offer a percentage of the profits I am planning to make by trading when I get started. The terms are at the discretion of the loaner.

Rob P.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 01:24:20 AM

The terms are at the discretion of the loaner.

Why don't you just ask for a 5 BTC loan then?  There's no reason to make it complex with borrowing mining cycles.

--

If you like what I've written here, consider tipping the messenger:
1GZu4CtHa6ai8iWoWiVFxV5VVoNte4SkoG

If you don't like what I've written, send me a Tip and I'll stop talking.
BecomingPhill (OP)

BTC in Namibia

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 01:39:24 AM

Why don't you just ask for a 5 BTC loan then?  There's no reason to make it complex with borrowing mining cycles.

It did not come to mind to ask for a loan, I was in a mining state of mind for lack of a better term.

And when I think of it gauging from posts I've read on this forum which allude to the same thing, my feeling is that asking for a loan will not come across too well.

But I'm not a timid person so I will follow your advice and I am asking anyone who has then read the above if they are willing to make me a 5 BTC loan with their preferred conditions.

I think I should then start a separate thread somewhere more appropriate for that.

bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 02:47:00 AM

It did not come to mind to ask for a loan, I was in a mining state of mind for lack of a better term.

And when I think of it gauging from posts I've read on this forum which allude to the same thing, my feeling is that asking for a loan will not come across too well.

But I'm not a timid person so I will follow your advice and I am asking anyone who has then read the above if they are willing to make me a 5 BTC loan with their preferred conditions.

I think I should then start a separate thread somewhere more appropriate for that.

Get yourself a pair of decent video cards, you can make that 5 BTC in 10 days, even with present difficulty.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
BecomingPhill (OP)

BTC in Namibia

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 03:37:59 AM

Get yourself a pair of decent video cards, you can make that 5 BTC in 10 days, even with present difficulty.

I REALLY would if I could, but right now that is not possible.

BecomingPhill (OP)

BTC in Namibia

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 03:40:02 AM

A BIG thank you to the Anonymous donee of 1.077777 btc to my wallet, much much much appreciated. Asante sana!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: