Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:53:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: John Mcafee to release his own token - McafeeCoin  (Read 3767 times)
zakero

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:31:52 PM

They have been in the tech industry for a while now and with this goodwill they will attract a lot of investors, myself included.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:55:11 PM

Crypto bubble seems to be very close, every company started to create its own tokens and ico. So what? what will happen next? Who will be the loser? They will not be the loser, because that money is ours not theirs

It's pretty obvious who the losers will be: The ones that buy the altcoins and end up bagholding them instead of selling them for bitcoin profits.

I haven't bothered yet reading what this "McAfeeCoin" brings to the table, but I predict is some random shitcoin to add to the endless sea of shitcoin.

Don't forget that McAfee is a known troll and I don't doubt he would be into promoting his own ICO for a quick buck. Even Jeff Garzik is launching his own coin after causing all the drama with segwit2x.

All these scammers want is to steal your hard earned BTC.
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:57:11 PM

Seriously !?
If it is true news and if it is a real project,  it might has potential, might catch the success on  market.
Also, it could be good sample for other companies.
ticterine

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:58:51 PM

Crypto bubble seems to be very close, every company started to create its own tokens and ico. So what? what will happen next? Who will be the loser? They will not be the loser, because that money is ours not theirs

It's pretty obvious who the losers will be: The ones that buy the altcoins and end up bagholding them instead of selling them for bitcoin profits.

I haven't bothered yet reading what this "McAfeeCoin" brings to the table, but I predict is some random shitcoin to add to the endless sea of shitcoin.

Don't forget that McAfee is a known troll and I don't doubt he would be into promoting his own ICO for a quick buck. Even Jeff Garzik is launching his own coin after causing all the drama with segwit2x.

There is definitely a critical mass of altcoins in the market. The total crypto market cap shouldn't be 170 billion or whatever it is right now. Adoption isn't high enough. Long term this is a good hold but right now it's too speculative, especially alts.
cellard
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:15:08 PM

There is definitely a critical mass of altcoins in the market. The total crypto market cap shouldn't be 170 billion or whatever it is right now. Adoption isn't high enough. Long term this is a good hold but right now it's too speculative, especially alts.

Bitcoin's marketcap is going to be worth a trillion+ during the next decade. The question that we should be asking is... how much of that money will be money coming outside the crypto market vs altcoins being sold for Bitcoin?

It's pretty obvious that the overall crypto marketcap will grow thanks to BTC, but im not sure what amount of altcoins will still be surviving long term. I think there will be a couple that are way higher than they are now, even if compared to BTC they will be of small marketcaps. I see Monero and Litecoin as one of the few legit projects thus far that I know of.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:19:29 PM

Bitcoin's marketcap is going to be worth a trillion+ during the next decade. The question that we should be asking is... how much of that money will be money coming outside the crypto market vs altcoins being sold for Bitcoin?

It's pretty obvious that the overall crypto marketcap will grow thanks to BTC, but im not sure what amount of altcoins will still be surviving long term. I think there will be a couple that are way higher than they are now, even if compared to BTC they will be of small marketcaps. I see Monero and Litecoin as one of the few legit projects thus far that I know of.
If crypto become the go-to financial instrument for capital acquisition and profit sharing we will probably see a significant amount of money from the "outside world" entering crypto.

I'm much more curious as to how much longer stock exchanges will remain dominant, as they can only be accessed during certain times and have higher fees - and are thus inferior from a technological standpoint.

But perhaps stock exchanges might end up using the blockchain for their back-end algorithms and end up being open 24/7 and with cheaper fees as a result?
cellard
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:17:08 PM

If crypto become the go-to financial instrument for capital acquisition and profit sharing we will probably see a significant amount of money from the "outside world" entering crypto.

I'm much more curious as to how much longer stock exchanges will remain dominant, as they can only be accessed during certain times and have higher fees - and are thus inferior from a technological standpoint.

But perhaps stock exchanges might end up using the blockchain for their back-end algorithms and end up being open 24/7 and with cheaper fees as a result?

I see stocks being backed up by blockchain tokens, it would be cool to see it as a sidechain in bitcoin, but government ego is too big and they would want to have their own blockchain that issues SEC approved stocks or something along the lines.

It's going to be interesting indeed to see how the traditional markets can compete against something that is worldwide, borderless, permissionless, and never takes a vacation.

I would like to be able to trade stocks via bitcoin and it would be possible thanks to lightning network, atomic cross transactions, drivechain/sidechains etc... it would definitely be possible but first stocks must go blockchain.
Joe-Niner

Activity: 130
Merit: 145

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:19:57 PM

There are way too many cryptos now, it's very similar to the dot com bubble of the past.  I would say 90% of these coins have no real purpose and are just cash grabs.  That being said, ride the train and get off before it crashes into the mountain.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:21:07 PM

I see stocks being backed up by blockchain tokens, it would be cool to see it as a sidechain in bitcoin, but government ego is too big and they would want to have their own blockchain that issues SEC approved stocks or something along the lines.

It's going to be interesting indeed to see how the traditional markets can compete against something that is worldwide, borderless, permissionless, and never takes a vacation.

I would like to be able to trade stocks via bitcoin and it would be possible thanks to lightning network, atomic cross transactions, drivechain/sidechains etc... it would definitely be possible but first stocks must go blockchain.

It's already possible to trade stocks with Bitcoin, but only by proxy. So the usual stock exchange limitations still apply, so there really isn't that much of a point right now.

I honestly can not see governments stopping the crypto train though.. They would have to start some major global FUD campaign to destroy trust in cryptos. And we all know that governments are not capable of cooperating on such a large scale.

So it seems to me more like a question of "when" we will be able to trade stocks through the Blockchain, and I really can't wait for this to happen. Going to have to find a nice country with decent tax codes to retire in at that point in time. Hope I won't be half dead when that change happens though.
DamCryp

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:22:27 PM

Definetly investing in this, admire the man and his passion for BTC and Blockchain overall. The white paper looks great!
mayadin

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:52:34 PM

McAfee likes challenges, he's now looking for something more exciting than just virus fighting  Cool
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:58:40 PM

the video doesnt make sense on mcafee token ico launch but if he is into crypto now, he will attract lots of investors because of his popularity. better launch
imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 05:28:53 PM

So its for real, John Mcafee is releasing his own token:

McafeeCoin

It is an incubator.
It is an investment A.I.
And a swiss investment fund, if I'm getting this all right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgf5PaBzyg

The first thing I thought when I went on that website is "Who the fuck designed this website!?" how on earth do you have basic errors like scrolling text overlapping? Seriously, for someone who has been involved with the digital world for such a vast amount of time he hasn't got the most basic part right.

It could be legit and worth the investment but John McAfee's character is questionable at best We will have to wait and see i guess.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:31:58 PM

So its for real, John Mcafee is releasing his own token:

McafeeCoin

It is an incubator.
It is an investment A.I.
And a swiss investment fund, if I'm getting this all right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgf5PaBzyg

The first thing I thought when I went on that website is "Who the fuck designed this website!?" how on earth do you have basic errors like scrolling text overlapping? Seriously, for someone who has been involved with the digital world for such a vast amount of time he hasn't got the most basic part right.

It could be legit and worth the investment but John McAfee's character is questionable at best We will have to wait and see i guess.
Why would McAfee create the site himself? It's obvious that whatever person he hired fucked up - if anyone. I don't have any problems with the website.
imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 05:56:11 PM

Why would McAfee create the site himself? It's obvious that whatever person he hired fucked up - if anyone. I don't have any problems with the website.

I'm not saying he created it per se, but he will have had some involvement in the signing off of the website and, to me at least, it's a poor website. The parralax easing isn't implemented well, the div containers clearly havent been set properly, nor have the text-wrap settings, the links to publications at the bottom of the page just open up a lightbox script which then makes you click another link to actually view the publication while some of them have absolutely no link at all.

It's just not professional and to put the name of a person who made his money from what is essentially the internet, and his company's ability to navigate the internet safely, it doesn't look great.

In my opinion, and that is all this is, it just screams half arsed. A wordpress template would have far better functionality than the website he (or his company) has authorised and that would of cost a mere $50.
lowkey9898

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:59:03 PM

It looks like a way to start a venture capital company. I think cryptocurrency is definitely a great way for this.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:35:05 PM

I'm not saying he created it per se, but he will have had some involvement in the signing off of the website and, to me at least, it's a poor website. The parralax easing isn't implemented well, the div containers clearly havent been set properly, nor have the text-wrap settings, the links to publications at the bottom of the page just open up a lightbox script which then makes you click another link to actually view the publication while some of them have absolutely no link at all.

It's just not professional and to put the name of a person who made his money from what is essentially the internet, and his company's ability to navigate the internet safely, it doesn't look great.

In my opinion, and that is all this is, it just screams half arsed. A wordpress template would have far better functionality than the website he (or his company) has authorised and that would of cost a mere $50.
What problem exactly do you have with the site though? The text scrolls just fine for me.
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:09:56 PM

I had completely missed this, anybody got into the details? Does it look sound? Just going to dive into the whitepaper

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:19:14 PM

I had completely missed this, anybody got into the details? Does it look sound? Just going to dive into the whitepaper
The only thing I can mention about it is that the verified McAfee twitter account has tweeted about this. So at least it seems to be real.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:24:40 PM

Knock Knock : Who is there ?
Virus : This is a virus trying to attack the system you are trying to defend McaFee!

McaFee : Hello Nah! This is my paid customer I wouldn't let you attack their system in any way.

Virus : But I'm just born yesterday and you don't have the patch needed to keep me away.Looks like your customer hasn't downloaded them yet.Make way please..

McaFee: Ohh wait a second. "Keep Updated with the latest security features,buy our tokens to get the latest path for new viruses"
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: