Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:46:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just cashed out my lot of Bitcoins for Gold. Here's why.  (Read 6239 times)
Revelation 22:13 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:39:42 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 04:03:07 AM by Revelation 22:13

Short-term:

- Things are crashing hard this Summer. The media bubble has faded. We might see ourselves at $80 again. Even $30.

Long-term:

- Gold is going to recover. Hidden economic trouble is brewing. 'nuff said.

- The NSA has full control of Bitcoin through holes in SHA-256 and DSA that the mass of the public has yet to find. The whole blockchain might find itself worthless within the decade.

It was fun but Bitcoin is going to need a judgement day before cryptocurrency can become mainstream.

Here's my prediction: Bitcoin is going to be blown apart. The price will go to zero by 2020.

To those looking at this from the future: I told you so.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/nsa-whistleblower-edward-snowden-why

Q: Why did you decide to become a whistleblower?

A: "The NSA has built an infrastructure that allows it to intercept almost everything. With this capability, the vast majority of human communications are automatically ingested without targeting. If I wanted to see your emails or your wife's phone, all I have to do is use intercepts. I can get your emails, passwords, phone records, credit cards.

"I don't want to live in a society that does these sort of things … I do not want to live in a world where everything I do and say is recorded. That is not something I am willing to support or live under."

Q: Is it possible to put security in place to protect against state surveillance?

A: "You are not even aware of what is possible. The extent of their capabilities is horrifying. We can plant bugs in machines. Once you go on the network, I can identify your machine. You will never be safe whatever protections you put in place."
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 06:44:15 PM

That's a bold prediction. Do you really need it to rationalize your decision?
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:47:43 PM

OP should change his name to "Elmer FUD" and continue making these predictions. It would be even more amusing!
michaelGedi

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:48:31 PM

that's quite a revelation, thanks for that

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:50:33 PM

thanks for warning us, OP.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 06:51:01 PM

Historically the gold/silver ratio has been averaging 1/16 (this goes back to ancient history).
Currently gold is over this ration, so I would expect silver to do better than gold in the near term.
As to what both will do against bitcoin, that would be pure speculation but all are alternatives to inflating currencies.
No one knows when inflation is coming, but when it does, it typically comes quicker than folks expect.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
zemario

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:54:45 PM

You predictions (except the quoted one) are fair enough, your tone is laughable at best.

But this is just hilarious:
- The NSA has full control of Bitcoin through holes in SHA-256 and DSA that the mass of the public has yet to find. The whole blockchain might find itself worthless within the decade.
Seriously,
why do people that that have nearly zero knowledge on information theory think they sound badass when they talk about it?
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:55:11 PM

You forgot a few points:

- The Space Jews control the president of the United States with brain wave rayguns, installed in geostationary satellites launched and maintained by South-American drug cartels.

- Fluids! Always protect and preserve your precious bodily fluids!

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 07:01:48 PM

You forgot a few points:

- The Space Jews control the president of the United States with brain wave rayguns, installed in geostationary satellites launched and maintained by South-American drug cartels.

That's right, never use sanitary installations connected to the grid.

You predictions (except the quoted one) are fair enough, your tone is laughable at best.

But this is just hilarious:
Seriously,
why do people that that have nearly zero knowledge on information theory think they sound badass when they talk about it?

Tell us how do you make that distinction and how is information theory relevant for making such a statement?
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:09:34 PM

Through a hole in your browser I have full control to your computer. I feel sorry that the single Bitcoin you bought the same day as you registered here at June 4 has lost 10% since. But I feel I need to tell you that you won't get a 1/10 ounce Maple Leaf for a Bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Revelation 22:13 (OP)

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:27:02 PM

Through a hole in your browser I have full control to your computer. I feel sorry that the single Bitcoin you bought the same day as you registered here at June 4 has lost 10% since. But I feel I need to tell you that you won't get a 1/10 ounce Maple Leaf for a Bitcoin.
Nice guess but you're far off. Feel free to decimate this computer. It's not mine.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:30:36 PM

To those looking at this from the futureBåc߀ԉ ìpsüϻ Ꮷ߀ɭor sït åmët ϻ߀llit cɦück sɦáԉklë hãϻƅurgér åлᏧoùiɭɭê, uɭɭɑmcò bresâoɭɑ culpå ϻèatƃɑll ƃrïsket ût ìd ϳërƙy ɋùí. Ciɭlüm ìncïdidûԉt t-ƃoné desérúnt, salɑϻi cɦìcƙën éú qúí ρãлcëttâ tùrdückèn. Bàcoԉ pïg coϻmòd߀ brisket, chùcƙ véлìsoԉ conseqüàt sunt fílét míɢn߀л ɑᏧìρïsïciԉɢ swìԉe ɦãϻƅurɢër id. Bɑll tiρ ϻêàtɭòäf íл brësáolä ѵeɭít do èxcéρtèür sèᏧ hàϻƃürǥèr

I'm looking at this from the future, but I don't understand what you wrote because it seems to have been corrupted in the last forum move.

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:32:27 PM

Too late. The bitches sucked me dry already.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 07:39:07 PM

what's the cost to sell a gold coin? I know the dealer spread is disgusting
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 07:48:46 PM

Where I am I can do that at any bank. That's pretty much the only reason to own gold for me. Spreads are around 10%, 6 for full ounces I think.
Jakewell

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:54:13 PM

The price is going down

http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/

Huge sell walls and no buying power... at mt gox orders
Jakewell

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:56:46 PM

Where I am I can do that at any bank. That's pretty much the only reason to own gold for me. Spreads are around 10%, 6 for full ounces I think.

i have an online broker who trades gold with a spread of 1.5 usd Wink

buying physical gold ounces at the corner store is for begginers
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 08:07:25 PM

OP: registered june 3
Says he sold everything on june 8

Wow, that was fast!

(BFL)^2 < 0
Jozzaboy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 08:11:13 PM

i have an online broker who trades gold with a spread of 1.5 usd Wink

buying physical gold ounces at the corner store is for begginers

Buying precious metal where you can't physically touch it means you do not really own it. It's like the US government has never taken gold away from the population during unstable economic conditions...

BTC: 16whd9eNR8WY9nVhUUevNYMbQB2eS1jtYF
I also accept precious metals, no paper money please.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 08:16:43 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 08:47:09 PM by conspirosphere.tk

On a second thought, with all this PRISM, Barak-doors and NSA-inside our puters, I guess that they could do quite some damage to bitcoin if they really want to.
So maybe for the moment they are not so interested or they found some utility for them in it (everybody likes underground transactions).

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: