Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 03:29:45 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Bittrex Legacy Account got switch back to "Unverified" ! Anyone else's ?  (Read 112 times)
californiaquail

Activity: 205

Bitcoin Art & Luxury Marketplace www.deLouvois.com

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:28:05 AM

This sucks.

For those of you who didn't know, Bittrex had a "Legacy Account" policy basically exempting older accounts from KYC verification and other privacy crap.

When I log on this morning, Bittrex asked me for my name, country info and other stuff like I have no intention of giving to them ( passport number is optional though ) in order to re-enable my withdrawal limit to a shitty 3 BTC/Day when I had no limit whatsoever with my Legacy Account, and no KYC bullshit.

I know they have a policy of closing Legacy accounts to people to borrow them from other users ( supposedly they did that by checking suspicious multiple IP logins ) . However that's not my case.

Anyone else had this problem ? How did you deal with that ? What's the risk of giving away such info ? Is that a good idea to feed them bullshit info ? They're just asking me for basic stuff like country/DOB/ zipcode and so on, I'd like to feed them bullshit but I'm afraid I won't be able to correct it and that they might lock my account and freeze my money at some point.

Please no " muh give them your info" answers,  some people actually value their privacy and do care about giving away sensitive info to foreign countries.  This is not about that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
junoreactor

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:14:57 PM

The KYC policy at Bittrex is quite recent. I am afraid you need to comply.

I'd like to feed them bullshit but I'm afraid I won't be able to correct it and that they might lock my account and freeze my money at some point.

Yep, I would personally never take such risk. In this world, never leave any chance for anyone to "screw" you, friendly advice.

The future of sports betting has arrived   ═══▌▌     EARN BITCOINS by BETTIN ON SPORTS     ▐▐═══   For The Best Betting Experience at the BEST ODDS OF THE MARKET
═════════════════════════
squatz1

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:32:53 PM

The KYC policy at Bittrex is quite recent. I am afraid you need to comply.

I'd like to feed them bullshit but I'm afraid I won't be able to correct it and that they might lock my account and freeze my money at some point.

Yep, I would personally never take such risk. In this world, never leave any chance for anyone to "screw" you, friendly advice.

Yep, they will screw you if they have the chance too. So, If you want to continue to trade with them and get the money that you already have their the only choice you really have is to provide them with this information ASAP.

KYC is a real bitch, but once a company gets 'too big' then they're forced into doing this sort of stuff by the country in which they're located.

So the only way is to comply, or die!

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀