Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:18:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who supports Bitcoin Gold?  (Read 1750 times)
elissa (OP)

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:21:47 PM

Hello!

I have Bitcoin on bittrex and kraken exchanges.
Somebody knows if they will support and send me Bitcoin Gold after the fork?

I wrote to them but received no answer yet...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 03:39:11 PM

Noone can guarantee you to get your Bitcoin Gold if you keep it on an exchange.
Bitcoin Gold will be a different coin (with same block history until block x) as Bitcoin.
If you want to be safe while fork occurs you need to backup your private keys. Since exchanges only "credit you a btc amount to spend" you dont have control over the private keys holding your BTC.
I would strongly recommend to install an offline wallet (a leightweight wallet doesn't need a lot of space e.g. electrum) and move your funds to your wallet.
You will be completely safe when the fork occurs and noone can "steal" your bitcoin gold.

solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:44:23 PM

Hello!

Asking for donations won't be appreciated in this forum bro. If you want to have bitcoin gold after hard fork you should have the concern desktop wallet which supports the BTG after coin splitting.
Most of the online wallet won't have BTG support so we cannot expect the BTG reward from them. So Google it the concern wallet and change your coins that concern wallet to have a reward.
AGCHAO

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:21:55 PM

hello pouvez me dire si j'obtiendrai du bitcoingolf sur coinbase je ne trouve rien la dessus ... je sais que ce n'a pas était le cas pour le BTH . pouvez vous m'expliquer sinon comment l'envoyer ? jai commander ma ledger mais je sais pas si je l'aurai avant le 25
merci
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:49:33 PM

Hello!

Asking for donations won't be appreciated in this forum bro. If you want to have bitcoin gold after hard fork you should have the concern desktop wallet which supports the BTG after coin splitting.
Most of the online wallet won't have BTG support so we cannot expect the BTG reward from them. So Google it the concern wallet and change your coins that concern wallet to have a reward.

He's not literally asking for donation mate, he's asking that if his bitcoin on bittrex and kraken will be sending him his bitcoin gold once the hard fork of bitcoin gold was done. You misunderstood when he/she says about "send me". She/he is clearly talking about the two exchanges so don't get wrong on understanding it. Hey elissa, yobit will support bitcoin gold. This is their timer https://yobit.net/en/bitcoingold/timer.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
millerfilm

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 02:02:19 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2017, 02:29:16 AM by millerfilm

I won't have a Hardware Wallet in place before the fork. But, would having a hardware wallet work with coins that come after a fork like Bitcoin Gold?

Also, how do you get something like Bitcoin Gold after the fork if you have an offline or hardware wallet?

And, after the fork, can you then transfer or spend your regular Bitcoin? Is it a matter of just having a certain amount of Bitcoin on record when the fork happens for you to get your fork-related coin?

Thank you for your help!
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:17:53 AM

Hello!

Like before, these exchanges didn't support bitcoin cash at fork time, i beleive nobody would sugggest you to keep you bitcoin in risk.
To get the bitcoin gold out of your bitcoin, you must choose a standard wallet for this activity and move you bitcoins.
Either you choose online wallet or offline, both have the ability to maintain bitcoin gold.You can kater separate it after fork.
elissa (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:19:13 PM

Thanks!
I will transfer my BTC either on electrum wallet on my computer or on yobit because they support it.
elissa (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:05:59 PM

Why yobit is the only exchange which supports btc gold? With btc cash it was different. A lot of exchanges supported it. Does it mean that they see btc gold less valuable?
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 03:21:45 PM

As currently, Yobit and Bittrex supports it

Bittrex just post an announcement

In terms of perspective, i am not a fan of it as you can see although it has changes in algo consensus, coins specification.

It is still a fork of Bitcoin. Bitcoin should be unique xp
Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:22:41 PM

Edit: For mobile solution you could use coinomi and mycelium, where you own your private key like on electrum and of course hardware wallets.
elissa (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:29:08 PM

As currently, Yobit and Bittrex supports it

Bittrex just post an announcement

In terms of perspective, i am not a fan of it as you can see although it has changes in algo consensus, coins specification.

It is still a fork of Bitcoin. Bitcoin should be unique xp

Thanks! I didn't see the bittrex announcement today. I will keep them there then.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:14:40 PM

Hello!

I have been also has this idea before and thought that the only way to make free coins during hardfork is when I have some bitcoin in exchangers but I was made clear that this is not truth and that I can make some free bitcoin gold even if I live my coins in offline wallet or blockchain.info wallet. Many of us that has some coins in our blockchain wallet was rewarded with bitcoin cash and the same thing is going to happen again. I will advise you to move all your coins to offline wallet in other to get a free coins.
tobi4255

Activity: 349
Merit: 101

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:27:49 AM

I usually park all my coins on crypto.games because they always handle these splits professionally. I can highly recommend them, if not for gambling then for handling the technical challenges a hard fork may present to the untrained.

Both in the ETH/ETC split and the BTC/BCH split I have no complaints to how CG handled it.

After the BTC/BCH split, i realized i had a few satoshis on freebit.co.in and the corresponding BCH was available for claim (or direct conversion to BTC) as well.

Plenty third-party sites will handle the difficulties for you. Use the one you trust the most. Smiley

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
millerfilm

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 06:59:53 PM

Coinbase response to BTG: https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2892196-bitcoin-gold-faq

TREZOR response to BTG: https://blog.trezor.io/trezor-statement-on-bitcoin-gold-fork-78cebc0532c7
elissa (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:37:03 AM

Somebody knows when my potential BTG will be available on bittrex?
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 03:25:57 PM

As far as i know bittrex made a statement about BTG a few weeks ago.
They stated that they will give their users who had BTC on their exchange, at the moment of the fork, will be credited their BTG.
And additionally i think i can remember they stated to not open a trading pair with BTG. Because BTG is no "digital asset".
Its more like a scamcoin with its premine of 8000 blocks (thats 100.000 BTG). Perfectly made to make money with other peoples stupidness.

elissa (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:12:19 PM

They stated that they will give their users who had BTC on their exchange, at the moment of the fork, will be credited their BTG.
And additionally i think i can remember they stated to not open a trading pair with BTG. Because BTG is no "digital asset".
Its more like a scamcoin with its premine of 8000 blocks (thats 100.000 BTG). Perfectly made to make money with other peoples stupidness.

I know about their statement. The thing is that I didn't get any BTG until now.
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:02:45 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 02:47:54 PM by maeusi

They should provide soon. It took a while, until Bitcoin Gold could be transfered. It also depends, when Poloniex and Bittrex will update their wallets. But as it was on BCH, you should get also Bitcoin Gold.
elissa (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:39:36 PM

They should provide soon. It took a while, until Bitcoin Gold could be traansfered. It also depends, when Poloniex and Bittrex will update their wallets. But as it was on BCH, you should get also Bitcoin Gold.

By the time I will get them they will be worth zero )))
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: