Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:46:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I configure bitcoin-qt to see all transactions?  (Read 295 times)
Jujutu (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:18:24 PM

Hi all,

I have just joined and this is my first post. Please forgive me if this is a common question - I have checked the forum and not found anything meself.
I am doing the Nicosia cryptocurrency MOOC and have a full Bitcoin Core node running on my computer so that I can explore the blockchain to understand things more clearly using the console.
I have now run up against the ?non-wallet? transaction error message. I understand that I need to index all transactions in the blockchain to get round this. But I do not know how to achieve this.
I am running under Windows10, with the default configuration (I cannot find a bitcoin.conf file anywhere).
Can anybody give me pointers of what to do? Edit bitcoin.conf - but where should it go? Command line parameters for bitcoin-qt?

Any and all advice gratefully received,

Julian

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 07:40:12 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

In Bitcoin Core, go to Settings > Options and click the button "Open Configuration File". Add txindex=1 to the text file that is opened and save it. Then restart Bitcoin Core, it will say that a reindex is required, click OK. The blockchain will be reindexed and the transaction index will be built so that you can request any arbitrary transaction.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: