Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:42:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet Hacked  (Read 2189 times)
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:25:14 AM

A lot of hacker right now. using duplicate myetherwallet. if you open it ang put your private automatic that they get your private key and can open ang get your token and balance. better to do is to book mark the myetherwallet and always keep your private key. better to write or print your keys to be save

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jaggedmountain

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:05:19 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 10:27:41 PM by Jaggedmountain

Please can anybody help?!
This is my first time here and new to the Crypto world.
I created MEW last week following tutorials step by stepI managed to send ether from gdax and tokens from binance to the same address, afterwards I unlock checked that the tokens arrived and all seamed in order. Today when I try to unlock MEW the address that opens is a completely different one with no tokens in it!! i've visited etherscan and introduced the  original address and the ether and tokens are there but I cannot have access to it via MEW. Can any of you HELP please!!! THanks in advance.

Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:25:21 PM

I created MEW last week following tutorials step by stepI managed to send ether from gdax and tokens from binance to the same address, afterwards I unlock checked that the tokens arrived and all seamed in order. Today when I try to unlock MEW the address that opens is a completely different one with no tokens in it!! i've visited etherscan and introduced the  original address and the ether and tokens are there but I cannot have access to it via MEW. Can you or any of you HELP please!!! THanks in advance.
Possible thing that do happen on here is that you might able to input a wrong privatekey since you do said that it shows another address which means theres something wrong on the key you have inputted on the mew site. Make it sure that you do copy paste it well so that you would able to access that eth wallet address again.If not then those coins are considered lost.
Jaggedmountain

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:38:41 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 10:58:34 PM by Jaggedmountain

I created MEW last week following tutorials step by stepI managed to send ether from gdax and tokens from binance to the same address, afterwards I unlock checked that the tokens arrived and all seamed in order. Today when I try to unlock MEW the address that opens is a completely different one with no tokens in it!! i've visited etherscan and introduced the  original address and the ether and tokens are there but I cannot have access to it via MEW. Can you or any of you HELP please!!! THanks in advance.
Possible thing that do happen on here is that you might able to input a wrong privatekey since you do said that it shows another address which means theres something wrong on the key you have inputted on the mew site. Make it sure that you do copy paste it well so that you would able to access that eth wallet address again.If not then those coins are considered lost.

Thanks a lot for your fast reply Koadharber, I didn't sign in with my private key but with Mnemonic phrase which i have hard copied, the list of addresses that provides are not the one that I used originally to transfer the coins. How it comes that it doesn't retrieve the same address?Huh I get that you think its a typo error from my part but I have tried hundreds of times, I'm going insane...

1eth1

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:37:41 PM

I created MEW last week following tutorials step by stepI managed to send ether from gdax and tokens from binance to the same address, afterwards I unlock checked that the tokens arrived and all seamed in order. Today when I try to unlock MEW the address that opens is a completely different one with no tokens in it!! i've visited etherscan and introduced the  original address and the ether and tokens are there but I cannot have access to it via MEW. Can you or any of you HELP please!!! THanks in advance.

Thanks a lot for your fast reply Koadharber, I didn't sign in with my private key but with Mnemonic phrase which i have hard copied, the list of addresses that provides are not the one that I used originally to transfer the coins. How it comes that it doesn't retrieve the same address?Huh I get that you think its a typo error from my part but I have tried hundreds of times, I'm going insane...

On MEW you get access with private key. What kind of Mnemonic phrase do you use? O_o
I think you messed things up. If you want just check balance, put in your address - public key.
Santri

Activity: 1092
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 11:35:05 AM

I've also experienced the same thing with you three months ago and I lost some of my eth, it was indeed my fault for forgetting the private key

Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:12:53 PM

I've also experienced the same thing with you three months ago and I lost some of my eth, it was indeed my fault for forgetting the private key

Not only forgetting the private key makes this issue to anyone. There are some fake sites contains with the same misspelled text which is similar like Myetherwallet site is here around while you doing Google search about.
Most of these kind site owners uses the Google adwords service and makes their site while anyone search about MEW or myetherwallet on the Google search. So be careful while you are logging in to the wallet you doing with the Google search.
ecasey77

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:09:48 PM

As someone quite new to cryptos, was wondering how to access my tokens on MEW in light of the recent news of Keystore files being vulnerable. Even on MEW login now it says logging in with the keystore is not recommended. So how are we supposed to get to the coins?
fourpiece

Activity: 821
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:58:22 AM

There are only two possibilities why your mew account got hacked its either you click a phishing site or somebody knows your private key but mostly eth wallets are hacked because of phishing link.

xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:29:26 PM

There are only two possibilities why your mew account got hacked its either you click a phishing site or somebody knows your private key but mostly eth wallets are hacked because of phishing link.

If anyone explains the measures you have said you will make your wallet safer but I many times noticed that bitcoin or ethereum looses by signing in to the fake phishing sites to loose the funds. There we need to check multiple time whether your URL is right or not.
That is the issue for the every person and some people only loosing the private key or steel by the family members. This is how private key issue people get the issue in loosing the funds.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: