Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:16:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on my upcoming BTG hard fork strategy.  (Read 705 times)
byDroba (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:08:41 AM

Hey everyone. New here! Smiley Thank you a lot for this amazing, wonderful community. Hopefully you can give me an advice on this one.

I was thinking about invesing it ALL in some alt's 10 - 5 hrs prior HF and buy BTC again (hopefully at 3.7 - 4.3K) a week or two after to prepare again for SX2.

These are the icos I'm thinking about getting, along with my expectations (based on some TA and past news):

- IOTA: ~65% rise
- LSK: ~50% rise after rebranding
- NEO: ~40% rise
- XLM: ~35% rise
- SWIFT: ~40% rise
- LINK: ~70% rise
- Still HODL ETH.

They're all low now despite the good news of few of them because of upcoming BTC HF. What do you think?

P.D Don't take my thinking seriously, I've been in this game for a week only.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:32:37 AM

That seems like a sensible strategy although I wouldn't count on a sharp dropping value of BTC between the hardfork and SX2; it seems the market has 'too much' momentum and there's kind of a buying frenzy going on. However, I'm sure BTC will get at least several hundreds of USD cheaper after the 25th. If I would have more guts, my strategy would be more or less the same as yours.
byDroba (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:39:02 AM

That seems like a sensible strategy although I wouldn't count on a sharp dropping value of BTC between the hardfork and SX2; it seems the market has 'too much' momentum and there's kind of a buying frenzy going on. However, I'm sure BTC will get at least several hundreds of USD cheaper after the 25th. If I would have more guts, my strategy would be more or less the same as yours.

Thank you for replying. I understand. A lot of people -or at least from what I generally saw- are going to be selling after the HF.

The issue that I'm seeing is the following: I don't think alt's will rise much until the SX2 as it's too close to BCG HF and my strategy won't work for a single month. Plus the price will rise pretty high for SX2 and I will be losing on there.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:27:57 PM

It is really hard to comment on anything like that. You never know what will happen in the coming days. I know only one thing and that is the market price of bitcoin will increase most of time and if there comes point when we see the price of bitcoin falling down, then there is nothing best than remaining patient and controlling your nerves. I will sit back calmly and will hold my bitcoin in the upcoming forks.
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:05:03 PM

You can invest in some altcoins, but I don't agree with investing all your bitcoin, you should consider all prospects, bitcoin might go down after the fork, but some altcoins aren't guaranteed to rise up.
BTcoint

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:08:46 PM

Hey everyone. New here! Smiley Thank you a lot for this amazing, wonderful community. Hopefully you can give me an advice on this one.

I was thinking about invesing it ALL in some alt's 10 - 5 hrs prior HF and buy BTC again (hopefully at 3.7 - 4.3K) a week or two after to prepare again for SX2.

These are the icos I'm thinking about getting, along with my expectations (based on some TA and past news):

- Still HODL ETH.

They're all low now despite the good news of few of them because of upcoming BTC HF. What do you think?

i think the only coin will rise after coming hard fork is bitcoin all other altscoin in the list will go in red again nothing grantee .

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:47:17 PM

- Still HODL ETH.

Honestly man, your predictions are kind of unbased, you cannot simply plug in percentages from the previous rise and expect the same thing to happen again and again.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:35:21 PM

This is a nice strategy, and i think that those alts are going to rise as soon as possible since everybody will be buying some altcoins once that all this fork mess is done.
But ethereum, i dont believe much in ethereum anymore, it looks like the price is freezed and i dont see a good future for it. Anyway, i am still holding some of them and i would like to see the price going up, but i dont know.. it seems a little bit difficult to happen at the moment.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:37:56 PM

- Still HODL ETH.

I like many of those altcoins especially IOTA as a long term investment. However, I don’t know if I would suggest completely selling all Bitcoins. I think holding some Bitcoins is a good idea.

Of course, I can see selling Bitcoin at a high price with a plan to buy back on a dip so you can get more. But I think it’s a little risky selling it all because it is possible that Bitcoin won’t ever drop lower than your sell price. If you are an expert at charting, you might be able to time it so you reduce your risk.
cryptokitty

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:29:47 AM

You can invest in some altcoins, but I don't agree with investing all your bitcoin, you should consider all prospects, bitcoin might go down after the fork, but some altcoins aren't guaranteed to rise up.

I agree with your point of view. That is true, there's no guarantee that the altcoins will rise up after the hard fork.

For me, better to do some trading after the hard fork  and i will just hold my BTC to secure my investment.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:44:10 AM

You should learn from Bitcoin cash hard fork, how many people do you think are suffering from loss of their investments on BCH? Bitcoin has a volatile price but it has been profitable for every body. NEO is %50 premined, IOTA is a good pump and dump coin for profit, no body is using it for internet of things.
LISK, delegates dumping their forged coins, they are not sharing with voters, and when you remove your vote they will just rename and come back for your vote with a promise of sharing, it's a circle of scam. though LISK is a good platform with no app on it. other coins are for loling. keep hodling Ξ.

🖤😏
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:15:04 AM

I agree with your point of view. That is true, there's no guarantee that the altcoins will rise up after the hard fork.

For me, better to do some trading after the hard fork  and i will just hold my BTC to secure my investment.

I agree with that. With the upcoming fork,  the price of bitcoin is still going up but of course it is not guaranteed that after the fork,  the price is still the same.  There is a possibility that the price will go down due to panic selling.  Anyways,  the previous fork had made the price go higher.  Let us just hope that the effect of the fork is not that bad.

My advice on the upcoming fork,  it is your choice to hold or to sell but keep yourself updated on the announcements,  news and etc.  about the fork.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:27:18 AM

I agree with that. With the upcoming fork,  the price of bitcoin is still going up but of course it is not guaranteed that after the fork,  the price is still the same.  There is a possibility that the price will go down due to panic selling.  Anyways,  the previous fork had made the price go higher.  Let us just hope that the effect of the fork is not that bad.

My advice on the upcoming fork,  it is your choice to hold or to sell but keep yourself updated on the announcements,  news and etc.  about the fork.

The truth is that nothing is guaranteed and we can only keep guessing and assuming what could happen. The cryptocurrency environment is very unpredictable most especially at this particular point in time and every decision made by anyone at this stage is purely a gamble as far as I am concerned and such person should be ready to get out from such trade pretty fast if things end up not working as planned. I am staying away from trading this period and just buying some few altcoins with prospects of rising quickly just in case. (it wont hurt since they are on their dips)
worldofcoins

Activity: 1848
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 10:30:31 AM

Good strategy you got going and many of the people here saying alt-coins will not rise after the fork.  Might be true but you invest in it longterm and if crashes a bit Im sure it will make a recovery in the later months.  Just do not invest to much, unless you want to take that risk.  I think it is worth the risk though.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:29:18 PM

- Still HODL ETH.

i think the only coin will rise after coming hard fork is bitcoin all other altscoin in the list will go in red again nothing grantee .
My keen observation is that pricing in the cryptomarket often show a touch of see-saw mechanism. In view of the forthcoming BTG bonus, there has been buying pressure on Bitcoin, which obviously led to the present ATH and almost all altcoins in red! In the light of that, it can be expected that soon after the hard fork, most of the stable altcoins are likely to turn green and climb up again, so your strategy is in order and more than average for 1 week old bitcoiner. Makes me want to ask, are you really 1 week old in trading?
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:35:27 PM

Alts have already started to rise. The only flaw with your strategy is waiting till 21 hours before the fork. You need to do it earlier when prices really are at rock bottom.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
ismart1

Activity: 1008
Merit: 127

Make a difference, make it better.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 06:52:58 PM

It is really hard to comment on anything like that. You never know what will happen in the coming days. I know only one thing and that is the market price of bitcoin will increase most of time and if there comes point when we see the price of bitcoin falling down, then there is nothing best than remaining patient and controlling your nerves. I will sit back calmly and will hold my bitcoin in the upcoming forks.
I agree it´s just hard to predict how the market will react to something. Before the first fork, the market panicked and dropped to the $1800´s and a week later it was back up. Most people must have cursed themselves after the fork when all who had bitcoins gained free BTCash. Now what I see is the market shifting with a lot of people not really entering the market but changing altcoins to bitcoin to secure some BTG for free. Since there is another hard fork to come one never know how the market will react, like Warren Buffet observed in a market of speculation there is always movement that is more emotional than reasonable and you either go with the flow or hold your horses and profit from it.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:42:48 PM

When making decisions such as this, this is just the perfect ways to view things as they will allow you to play safe in case things end up not turning out how you foresaw them or planned them. It is still a 'MIGHT' and we are not sure yet as bitcoin is always full of huge surprises. However, just as you have said, it will take some pretty tough months for some altcoins to get pumped back in the market, so it is important to know the kind of coin one should buy in.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:41:02 AM

For me, better to do some trading after the hard fork  and i will just hold my BTC to secure my investment.
For anyone who does not have the mind of taking huge risks, I believe it is just better to play safe and watch out how events unfold before or after the fork, and if one wants to even get in at all on any altcoin, it should be minimal.

For someone who can take huge risk anyway, and be ready to accept any consequence after then should just go ahead and be ready to open up for their decisions. The OP strategy is good, a bit risky, but it can be profitable if everything works out the way he assumes.
muvie

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:13:17 AM

I think this is a really good strategy.

My strategy for hard forks is as follows: I sell all my alts some weeks before the fork and buy altcoins one day before the fork. This is what I have done at the Bitcoin Gold fork. Because I don't wanted to own BTG due to the high premine. At the Bitcoin Cash fork I held 50% BTC and bought with alts with the other half, because I think Bitcoin Cash is not only Pump & Dump.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: