Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:15:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: price will pop back up to $120 monday morning  (Read 8647 times)
johnblaze

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:55:07 AM

Umm no.. Read the thread again.  I confirmed bets, and after that I did not accept any more.  It wouldn't make sense to just accept every bet in the thread, i decided to stop after my confirmation (as good as a mutual hand shake).  

um what?

did you read my post? i posted the chronology of what happened. maybe you should read your own thread again.

of course i know it does not make sense for you to accept every bet. thats why when i said i will take the bet for 1 btc, i asked you to make a post confirming. i made this post  and then you posted and said that you "confirmed all bets"

I (johnblaze) wrote on June 09, 2013, 05:58:57 PM link
"ill take the bet for 1 btc as well, please confirm in thread if the bet is on or not."

stramir wrote on June 09, 2013, 06:20:03 PM link
"me too, 1 btc please confirm"

CanadianGuy replies to us on June 09, 2013, 07:08:01 PM link
"all bets confirmed"

guy is legit scammer trying to not pay me or stramir

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johnblaze

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:56:05 AM

Read up on the post right before mine?

read two posts above yours and then re-read the thread.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:00:47 AM

Went through the entire thread front to end. You're right. Two of you appear to have been skipped over (as your post indicates). Also checked for edits and there were none, so your complaint is legit. I apologize!

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:01:37 AM

shit.. you're right.  I'll pay stamir, but not you.. I don't like your impatience. 

OP is awesome
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:02:03 AM

Nope it has not gone back to $120 but I believe that the worse is over and the bottom is at $88, Bitcoin prices is now climbing steadily.
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:02:32 AM

MOB, how do I pay you?  You are the last one to payout but i can't figure out a receiving address

2/3 bets are now paid..

Sorry--was afk for awhile.  Please send it to: 1HP8h3RPh2WDJrWxJqJLVGHfwfCAtNQiSG

Thanks!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:06:12 AM

Went through the entire thread front to end. You're right. Two of you appear to have been skipped over (as your post indicates). Also checked for edits and there were none, so your complaint is legit. I apologize!

I will definitely pay out the other guy, but not johnblazer... I didn't appreciate his accusation of me being a scammer.  If I am a scammer because I pay out everybody except ONE person, then so be it  Grin

I can really see both sides of this (impartial observer). Did he ever pm you to ensure you saw his message when he said you owed him?

That would have been my first step.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:08:50 AM

nope, no PM.. he jumped to the conclusion I'm a scammer so I refuse to pay him..
hey skamir, whats your address buddy?

Yeah, I can see the issue then. That's also libel.

johnblaze

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:09:56 AM

I will definitely pay out the other guy, but not johnblazer... I didn't appreciate his accusation of me being a scammer.  If I am a scammer because I pay out everybody except ONE person, then so be it  Grin

lol

when exactly did i accuse you of being a scammer? i accused you of it only after MULTIPLE posters notified you of your mistake, and instead of trying to check and make sure things were right, you simply continued on your blind assertion that you were only paying xxx people and not the others. i didn't call you a scammer initially. i pointed out your mistake, and others did too. you ignored everyone. what am i supposed to think at that point?

and now to get out of paying, you just claim that i'm impatient or that you dont like my accusations. thats convenient

obviously this is the internet. you will either make good on your bet or you will not. i cannot do anything. you have all the power, not me. if your choice is to back out, that's fine, but i have every right to correct other people who try to give you praise for "holding up your word" when up until the point when i made the accusation, you were in fact NOT holding up your word.

and obviously if you do hold up your word, then i will retract my accusation as an honest error on your part
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:10:29 AM

1BTC incoming to my address now.  Thanks OP!

johnblaze:  I bet if you had never posted after winning--or not posted 5 times being a dick--then you would have gotten the 1BTC.  Guess you just learned a lesson?  Too bad it cost you ~$100.

He isn't a scammer.  He just doesn't like you.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:12:21 AM

lol

when exactly did i accuse you of being a scammer? i accused you of it only after MULTIPLE posters notified you of your mistake, and instead of trying to check and make sure things were right, you simply continued on your blind assertion that you were only paying xxx people and not the others. i didn't call you a scammer initially. i pointed out your mistake, and others did too. you ignored everyone. what am i supposed to think at that point?

and now to get out of paying, you just claim that i'm impatient or that you dont like my accusations. thats convenient

obviously this is the internet. you will either make good on your bet or you will not. i cannot do anything. you have all the power, not me. if your choice is to back out, that's fine, but i have every right to correct other people who try to give you praise for "holding up your word" when up until the point when i made the accusation, you were in fact NOT holding up your word.

I think the better way of handling this would be to have done it via PM. More personal and you could do a bit more back-and-forth there without public comments interfering.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:13:12 AM

me, on the other hand -- I won!  I love giving away bitcoins.

Oh, me too, me too!

Edit: I mean give me bitcoins! MILLIONS OF THEM!

johnblaze

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:16:02 AM

I was mistaken.. I thought I was correct, and then discovered I was incorrect.  It was a simple matter of double checking, and by the time I did, you accused me.  You're the only one missing out, so no matter how you look at it, you lost.  LOL

if you made an honest mistake, that's fine

however, at the point of my accusation, you were already notified by 3+ people about your mistake, and you continued to ignore everyone. i would have thought that you would have double-checked after the first person pointed it to you. so, AT THAT POINT IN TIME, there was no other conclusion. you ignored multiple people and to you that was that. you were set in stone. at that point, you are not honoring your word.

please tell me how you would have interpreted it
adamas
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 05:17:32 AM

Why none of the winners gives you any trust/feedback?

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
bitwhizz
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:18:27 AM

Will do that now

EDIT - How do i do this?
johnblaze

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:18:48 AM

actually looks like 4 separate people (me and stramir and 2 others) pointed out the mistake. i hadn't made any accusations of scammer at that point

only AFTER you insisted that everyone was wrong and that you were not paying anyone else, only then did i make the accusation.
adamas
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 05:26:24 AM

Will do that now

EDIT - How do i do this?
Just go to /profile /feedback and add fb.

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:27:38 AM

you must convince me, or no BTC

If he can't do it can I have his BTC? Smiley

johnblaze

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:28:51 AM

you must convince me, or no BTC

I'll give you one last chance johnblaze.  See, I don't feel like arguing with you, so I'm going to ask you to argue with yourself.  If you can show me that you can convincingly destroy your own argument to pieces, I will give you the 1 BTC.  You may now begin earning your 1 BTC by going through the thread and responding to yourself and explaining why your argument is flawed.  

i dont understand your request, so i dont know what to convince you of.
i dont see how my argument is flawed.

here is my argument:

1. originally you post that you will pay 3 winners
2. multiple people tell you that you were incorrect and missed out on 2 other people (me and stramir)
3. you respond AGAIN saying that you will not be paying the others
4. at this point, i would thought that you did your "double-check" and concluded that you are only paying 3
5. only then do i correct someone when they try to praise you for "holding up your word"

apparently, my assumption at #4 was wrong. you didn't do any double-check at that point. instead, you just assumed that the 4 posters who told you were wrong were just making stuff up. so #4 is my mistake

if no BTC, that's fine.

at this point, it is no longer an honest mistake. now, you would be willingly scamming
bitwhizz
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:31:37 AM

Will do that now

EDIT - How do i do this?
Just go to /profile /feedback and add fb.

Done, i think
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: