Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:15:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't wait to get a BFL  (Read 2823 times)
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:00:44 PM

Well,the Original Avalon unit consumed 600+ watts @ 60-70GH.What BKKcoins is designing MAY use 32 watts per 5GH board.

So,BFL's 5GH unit consumes 27 watts.

The difference between 27 watts & 32 watts is not enough for anyone to really make the Klondike Avalon be "unprofitable" anytime sooner than BFL's units.

That argument is null & void  Wink

Yup. What's going to happen is the next gen asics will arrive (in the next 3-6 months) that will make all the current gen asics unprofitable.

Sounds like a variation on the same line (some) current miners have been FUDding new miners with all along so they can keep their share bigger.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:25:58 PM

Those little Jalepenos are so cute you just plug them right in and BOOM BTC

Sure the company has been plagued with all sorts of bad decisions, bad calls, bad planning and bad timing but the fact remains they jumpstarted the new generation of Asics mining. It was New technology in a New profitable industry and Greed got the best of most.

The Pre-orders were a bad idea, but maybe it was necessary? If people would have been patient they would have made more money and possibly the difficulty wouldn't have increased as much as it did. Perhaps the price would be much more than what it is now?

I'm sure they'll pull through the madness and get orders caught up hopefully before all the Bitcoins are generated, but at least they're finally starting to ship them out.  Roll Eyes

Are you kidding me?

They are the 3rd company to release an ASIC. How is that "jumpstarting the new generation of Asics mining". I sure hope this post is satire and I'm just not getting it.

More down to earth - The huge benefit to the BFL machines is the watts used. Should the BTC price go down substantially, they will still be relatively cheap to operate as the watts per Gh is very low relative to the competitors.

Well,the Original Avalon unit consumed 600+ watts @ 60-70GH.What BKKcoins is designing MAY use 32 watts per 5GH board.

The difference between 27 watts & 32 watts is not enough for anyone to really make the Klondike Avalon be "unprofitable" anytime sooner than BFL's units.

That argument is null & void  Wink

Well, like BFL, that argument is null and void when they start shipping. You said they are just in the design stage???

Null and void...  Wink

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:08:06 AM

Sure the company has been plagued with all sorts of bad decisions, bad calls, bad planning and bad timing but the fact remains they jumpstarted the new generation of Asics mining. It was New technology in a New profitable industry and Greed got the best of most.

The Pre-orders were a bad idea, but maybe it was necessary? If people would have been patient they would have made more money and possibly the difficulty wouldn't have increased as much as it did. Perhaps the price would be much more than what it is now?

I'm sure they'll pull through the madness and get orders caught up hopefully before all the Bitcoins are generated, but at least they're finally starting to ship them out.  Roll Eyes

Are you kidding me?

They are the 3rd company to release an ASIC. How is that "jumpstarting the new generation of Asics mining". I sure hope this post is satire and I'm just not getting it.

More down to earth - The huge benefit to the BFL machines is the watts used. Should the BTC price go down substantially, they will still be relatively cheap to operate as the watts per Gh is very low relative to the competitors.

That argument is null & void  Wink

Well, like BFL, that argument is null and void when they start shipping. You said they are just in the design stage???

Null and void...  Wink

So your saying BFL is,null & void  Cheesy  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 08:12:34 AM

I'm sure they'll pull through the madness and get orders caught up hopefully before all the Bitcoins are generated, but at least they're finally starting to ship them out.  Roll Eyes

Sure BFL got the nicest box but BOOM BTC part may not be so cute as they describe. I actually suspect that the chips they are selling come from bitfury.

firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 05:36:41 AM

Sure BFL got the nicest box but BOOM BTC part may not be so cute as they describe. I actually suspect that the chips they are selling come from bitfury.

AH HAHAHA

~ ok that was a good one. I haven't had a laugh that nice since I saw avalon's power consumption and price points.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: