Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:59:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The best way for newbies to buy bitcoin or ethereum  (Read 1935 times)
GriffDog (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:55:28 AM

Hi all,

Ive been investing small amounts in Bitcoin and ethereum for a year or so now but i wanted to ask what is the best or easiest way for a newbie to buy the currency now. I have a coinbase account so im able to purchase quickly if need be but so many buy sites make it very difficult for newbies to make such purchases in quick time. What is there out there thats on board and safe for anyone wanting to join the market quickly and start investing in such currencies?

Kind Regards

Griff

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:07:08 AM

a newbie is best stay away from Ethereum as it gets dumped hard most of the times and a newbie doesn't naturally know what to do about it. only experience traders know what a pump and dump is and how to make money from them.

as for bitcoin, if you already have a coinbase account then you have found a rather easy way to buy bitcoin already!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:22:31 AM

Hi all,

Ive been investing small amounts in Bitcoin and ethereum for a year or so now but i wanted to ask what is the best or easiest way for a newbie to buy the currency now. I have a coinbase account so im able to purchase quickly if need be but so many buy sites make it very difficult for newbies to make such purchases in quick time. What is there out there thats on board and safe for anyone wanting to join the market quickly and start investing in such currencies?

Kind Regards

Griff

For BTC I always use LocalBItcoins. Buy them with national bank transfer (quicker like you need) or meet in person. If seller is online you can get your BTC in 10 minutes and not to mention that they offer better value than exchanges like coinbase
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:43:29 AM

a newbie is best stay away from Ethereum as it gets dumped hard most of the times and a newbie doesn't naturally know what to do about it. only experience traders know what a pump and dump is and how to make money from them.

as for bitcoin, if you already have a coinbase account then you have found a rather easy way to buy bitcoin already!

That would be true that if your friend is still a newbie he or she should stay away from Ethereum I really think it is too soon for him to invest in it, and just stick to bitcoin for the time being, read first the many thread that are helpful in certain thing that will let you earn, trade, and invest, you should start with the basic,

And I am exchanging by bitcoin or other crypto's with poloniex and you can sure trade from it.
elliottflz65

Activity: 134
Merit: 147

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:46:49 AM

Trading in alt coins can be risky and probably not good if you are new to trading and crypto.
barabut

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:54:49 AM

Hi all,

Kind Regards

Griff
Arbitrage trading is profitable but also risky, even not say around altcoins thay are much more, you have to be train your self before starting to do
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18507

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:44:42 PM

If you have a Coinbase account, then you also have a GDAX account, as they are run by the same company. GDAX will let you perform instant market buys and sells, and transfers between Coinbase and GDAX are free and instant.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:03:10 PM

Hi all,

Kind Regards

Griff
The most easiest way for a US/UK citizen is obviously coinbase. But if you are someone from a smaller country its difficult to buy cryptos especially ethereum. Easiest of all ways is to buy bitcoin using any local bitcoin provider and then exchange those bitcoins to ethereum feom a top exchange like bitfinex or bittrex. This is really easiest of all the ways.
GriffDog (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:28:33 PM

thanks guys

I was asking not for myself but i have some friends which want to join the journey but when they initially sign up to i.e coinbase it takes so much time for verifications etc to be finalised and then they are restricted to the amount they can initially purchase thus having to sometimes wait weeks before they can buy enough to invest what they want or need etc
Gloria_16

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:44:26 PM

register on a good exchange, for example bitrex or livecoin and from the exchange to buy coins.
Fatso123111

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:47:33 PM

Hi all,

Kind Regards

Griff

Coinbase honestly.
Badhuamin

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:53:21 PM

before getting to know Ethereum and investing it would be nice to hold on to bitcoin for now, read through the many threads. very helpful in certain matters that will trade, and invest, should start with the basics.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:57:51 PM

Hi all,

Kind Regards

Griff

I dont think there is any difference between the way a noob buys crypto currencies compared to how an old hand hand does it. Coinbase is safe enough and the preferred method although it leaves a lot to be desired as first orders can seemingly drag on forever. Local bitcoins is also an excellent option.
valentin68

Activity: 459
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:06:32 PM

At the beginning I was buying bitcoin from Paxful. Many people at Paxful are very honest and trusted, although Paxful has receive some negative reviews on the internet. I have bought also bitcoin from Spectrocoin, that was very good for me. At Paxful you havve to discuss with the seller of the bitcoin and you have some conditions, at Spectrocoin it is very simple to do this. It took me 5 minutes each time to transfer the money, buy the bitcoin, and withdraw the bitcoin.
NeoTech42

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:09:19 PM

You can first try to buy some on Coinbase, which is one of the most famous and oldest website  Wink
treather

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:10:38 PM

At the beginning I was buying bitcoin from Paxful. Many people at Paxful are very honest and trusted, although Paxful has receive some negative reviews on the internet. I have bought also bitcoin from Spectrocoin, that was very good for me. At Paxful you havve to discuss with the seller of the bitcoin and you have some conditions, at Spectrocoin it is very simple to do this. It took me 5 minutes each time to transfer the money, buy the bitcoin, and withdraw the bitcoin.

Paxful is good and all if you know who you are dealing with, a lot of the accounts are bought and sold and there are serious scams being carried out there. I'd advice the OP to steer clear of paxful as a newbie, same as the currency exchange section of this forum.

TonyFat

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 02:15:53 PM

localbitcoin, bestchenge, long ago became badchenge, but I personally bought from a friend at the rate of the central bank

..WOWSECRET..
Innovative Content Platform
..WOWCOINTWITTERTELEGRAM..
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:23:12 PM

It is easy for newbie to buy Bitcoin and Ethereum from Coinbase. Just submit identity verification and it is good to go.

Alternatively, localbitcoin is another choice. But IMO, coinbase is much more easier to use.
smauni
Copper Member

Activity: 484
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:29:35 PM

Since you are newbie, I think you should have invested in ethereum and bitcoin after a few days. Because to gain a good profit by investing, you must have experience for that. To be efficient, have courage, self-confidence, patience. However I do not have any idea about Ethereum. So I am telling you to buy bitcoin for long term investment from a good site. You will be much more beneficial in this.
Rj Manik

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:31:21 PM

My opinion is, those who use new Bitcoin can now buy Bitcoin.However,It would be best to understand the opportunity.For example,Bitcoin was down a few days before this post reply. Then I bought some bitcoin.I have benefited a lot.I think bitcoin may be $ 10000 + at the end of this year.so buy and hold bitcoin all newbies.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: