Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:44:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to mine Bitcoin Gold?  (Read 90515 times)
binkyj357

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:53:57 PM

Hi, at this point in time, is it fine for me to start mining with 2 GPU RX470 cards?
Best reliable mining pool? and what king of reward can i get per day?
Please dont point me to whattomine or coinwarz, because those sites make no sense to me - Some value are real and some not - at least in my world.
Or am i better off mining with NHM
Ive just wanted to , somehow always find a coin to try and focus on, but it seems im always late for the bus.
Are there any buses going to town still?

Not an expert, but from the way you've worded your questions. I would suggest you start w/ Nicehash. This way, you'll make a little coin right up front while you take some time and do a bit of research. Pretty much every question I've had about mining has been answered already in some form here. I can understand not wanting to trust whattomine etc. but you will be hard pressed to get someone else to do that kind of math for you I think.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
irlandescoin

Activity: 567
Merit: 502

Hey yo let's go

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:40:29 PM

any miner calculator to know how much btg I can mine per day?

like  whattomine.com ?

also it is any website I can see the blocks mined?

like this one? cash.coin.dance/blocks

thank you all.

back here after the boom in 2013
DebenPoison

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:57:52 PM

Who all here is mining BTG?

Just got back in this morning.

Hi,

I came across this post as I was interested in mining bitcoin gold,  I have a gtx 1070 gpu.

I followed your signature and got the EWBF miner up and running. I've configured the txt file etc and all looks to be fine.  Do I need to use Bitcoin Gold Wallet (the Windows app) as my wallet? I installed it but it takes hours to sync all prior blockchain info (says it stores/takes up to 150GB in space) and I can't understand why this wallet is different to a simple ETH or BTC desktop wallet...

Furthermore, I have one other question, on your page for your mining pool, how can I verify my miner is actually mining on your pool? You've got the miner lookup page there but what name do I type in there to look up my active miner?
ivtpool1

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 11:34:24 PM

IVT POOL - YOU NEVER GOT THIS OPTION BEFORE TO GET 5% BONUS FOR MINING

Pool URL : http://btg.ivtcoin.com

Features

The only pool where there are 0 Fees and when you mine you get 5% extra bonus when you mine Bitcoing GOLD.

- Other coins will be added on the future.

- Other options as well.

Super powerful servers are running.
Please come and enjoy mining at this pool.
zinok474

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:54:56 PM

sorry for the silly question. How much i can mine with Intel HD graphics 3000 pc ? Using 10-15 pc in the same time.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:37:03 AM

sorry for the silly question. How much i can mine with Intel HD graphics 3000 pc ? Using 10-15 pc in the same time.

Not enough to be worth the time of setting it up, let alone the electric costs (presuming you have to pay for your power bill). BTG is designed for GPU mining, integrated graphics won't cut it.
zinok474

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:24:46 AM

Not enough to be worth the time of setting it up, let alone the electric costs (presuming you have to pay for your power bill). BTG is designed for GPU mining, integrated graphics won't cut it.

Thank you for the reply !
So if i decide to start mining seriously ill have to buy one of the ASIC hardwares
zhzz

Activity: 158
Merit: 7

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:01:16 AM

here is a video on how to mine BTG on EthOS distro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wHuOdOpvpI
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:54:42 AM

Even though I am a veteran in trading, I am an absolute newbie in mining related matters. I have never tried to mine because my laptop is very old with Intel i3 processor. However, I have recently purchased a new gaming laptop with i7 processor, 12 GB ram and 4 GB DDR5 graphics card. It is still on the way and probably will receive it within another 4 days. I am planning to mine Bitcoin Gold which are going to be created after the upcoming hard fork.

Can anyone please help me with a step-by-step guide of bitcoin gold mining. I need to know from the beginning as I have no idea about mining.

Thanks in advance!
https://btg.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=gettingstarted ,but remember it will risk your new laptop and you got nothing.
betiteh0777

Activity: 133

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:09:23 PM

Hi is there any other miner except EWBF for NVIDIA? I am not quite happy with that one as almost half of my accepted shares are going for devfee....shouldn't be this 2% only?
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:45:32 AM

Thank you for the reply !
So if i decide to start mining seriously ill have to buy one of the ASIC hardwares

No, at least not for BTG since it uses the Equihash algorithm which is for GPUs (video cards), not Asics. For the original Bitcoin you would need an Asic to mine it directly.
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 02:50:09 AM

Hi is there any other miner except EWBF for NVIDIA? I am not quite happy with that one as almost half of my accepted shares are going for devfee....shouldn't be this 2% only?

You could try dstm's miner, as I know its performance is a bit better than that of EWBF's.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2021765.0

About the half accepted shares, do you mean the shares in pool vs. the actual shares display in miner's GUI?

halker2010

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

The harder your life is the more meaning it has.

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:58:23 AM

I have some issues with whattomine website for couple of days it shows BTG as the most profitable in GPU page but when i enter the hashrate in the coin's page its not the amount from before.
betiteh0777

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:12:02 AM

need BTG mining pool

pool.gold is the official one and so far the best one
lutfi-hasan

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:47:22 AM

Even though I am a veteran in trading, I am an absolute newbie in mining related matters. I have never tried to mine because my laptop is very old with Intel i3 processor. However, I have recently purchased a new gaming laptop with i7 processor, 12 GB ram and 4 GB DDR5 graphics card. It is still on the way and probably will receive it within another 4 days. I am planning to mine Bitcoin Gold which are going to be created after the upcoming hard fork.

Can anyone please help me with a step-by-step guide of bitcoin gold mining. I need to know from the beginning as I have no idea about mining.

Thanks in advance!
I think you should make a capital deposit or token to buy one of the altcoins that will be marketed. You can buy altcoin whose price is still down, after that you can sell it when the market price goes up. altcoin can automatically turn into a coffer of bitcoin.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:17:46 PM

Thanks in advance!
still do you want to mine bitcoin?or you just bot carried away because
of that said SEGWIT2x?Im sure by now your doubting about that bitcoin gold
Mining?because it was another shitcoin that or clone from the traditional bitcoin

Better make some other alts a chance than bitcoin gold thats been DOA
Lots of alts that has a future than this one,hope you will made up your mind
troiano9

Activity: 284

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:27:02 PM

Has anyone had luck actually getting paid for mining BTG?
I mined it for a day and a half and never was paid.  See alot of posts about miners not getting shares.
WaveFront

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:59:54 PM

I mined it for a day and a half and never was paid.  See alot of posts about miners not getting shares.
At least on btg.suprnova.cc I got paid. During the first day of mining there was a problem with the main blockchain splitting in two separate independent chains. This has been solved long time ago, but many people lost the first day of mining.
betiteh0777

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:11:38 PM

I get payed on pool.gold on any 0.01BTG

What is the hardware you mine with?
troiano9

Activity: 284

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:07:14 PM

I get payed on pool.gold on any 0.01BTG

What is the hardware you mine with?

I am only mining with a single t1080ti.  I am getting 70 mh/s so i should have received some payout after over a day.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: