Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:10:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to mine Bitcoin Gold?  (Read 90524 times)
avikz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:01:53 PM

Even though I am a veteran in trading, I am an absolute newbie in mining related matters. I have never tried to mine because my laptop is very old with Intel i3 processor. However, I have recently purchased a new gaming laptop with i7 processor, 12 GB ram and 4 GB DDR5 graphics card. It is still on the way and probably will receive it within another 4 days. I am planning to mine Bitcoin Gold which are going to be created after the upcoming hard fork.

Can anyone please help me with a step-by-step guide of bitcoin gold mining. I need to know from the beginning as I have no idea about mining.

Thanks in advance!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:10:38 PM

Not trying to be a smartass (actually I am) but what the heck does this alt coin have to do with Bitcoin?

Scrap'
rxracer

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:24:44 PM

It's just another rubbish altcoin, but if you really wanna mine it -

It uses the Equihash algorithm.  The same as ZCash, ZClassic, ZenCash etc.  Google EWBF miner (for Nvidia), or.... I'm not really sure what the best Equihash miner for AMD is.
Step 2.  Find a pool that supports BTG mining.  I know of none atm, but I haven't looked.

If you're a complete noob and just want to get in to mining easy, Nicehash is it.  On average it's less profitable than figuring it all out yourself and finding a good pool, but that's the price you pay for convenience I guess.  I've personally found zpool calculates hashrate and earnings really accurately.  Their fee is higher than average, prolly cos they don't rip you off behind the scenes.  Just my opinion.  Lots of pools make things so vague you can't really question what you're earning.  Nanopool was decent when ETH mining was the most profitable.  I highly doubt they'll do BTG.

No-one can easily walk you through mining.  It's not hard to figure out, but you really need to do your own legwork to get the most out of it.  There's no shortage of info out there.  Good luck.
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:03:47 PM

Even though I am a veteran in trading, I am an absolute newbie in mining related matters. I have never tried to mine because my laptop is very old with Intel i3 processor. However, I have recently purchased a new gaming laptop with i7 processor, 12 GB ram and 4 GB DDR5 graphics card. It is still on the way and probably will receive it within another 4 days. I am planning to mine Bitcoin Gold which are going to be created after the upcoming hard fork.

Can anyone please help me with a step-by-step guide of bitcoin gold mining. I need to know from the beginning as I have no idea about mining.

Thanks in advance!

Typically you wouldn't mine with a laptop due to the bad heat dispersion unless you couldn't care less about the laptop or you have free electricity.

Since yours is a new gaming laptop, you should strongly consider not using it for mining as you may damage it or shorten its lifespan.
milicic

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:23:51 PM

Thanks in advance!

Typically you wouldn't mine with a laptop due to the bad heat dispersion unless you couldn't care less about the laptop or you have free electricity.

Since yours is a new gaming laptop, you should strongly consider not using it for mining as you may damage it or shorten its lifespan.

I agree. It would be a waste of a good laptop and your profits would barely cover electricity cost since that graphic card cant compare to desktop GPUs...
skrespin

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:45:46 PM

Is there any pool for mining BTCGold?
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:27:01 PM

Check the official site.

List of pools but no software and no info on how to mine.. just wait a few more days..
milicic

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:10:38 AM

Check the official site.

List of pools but no software and no info on how to mine.. just wait a few more days..

I saw that too and still cant find the way to mine. I would like not to wait a few more days, thats the point...
afmeirelles

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:59:40 PM

In their slack channel (https://bitcoingoldminingpool.slack.com) they say mining won't be avaible until november 1st. They say they're doing tests and stuff.
Not sure whether it's true, but it's sure a way to make money - mining alone for 1 week before releasing to the public.
Iamlegit4sure

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

💲

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:02:51 PM

You will be able to mine from MINERGATE (easy GUI software to mine many coins) --> https://minergate.com/a/476b2ca6679848411112d851

They are ready with the software (as you can see in the dashboard) but are waiting for the 1st of nov to start mining (or some day after that, maybe 3, no one really knows. but soon)

anujsainicse

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 08:15:40 PM

Thanks in advance!

You can't mine bitcoin gold on laptop unless you want to burned your new laptop gpu.
For mining you need dedicated graphics card and mining produces heat.
I will be posting mining procedure and video here once BTG mining starts, probably 1st November.
http://jkcrypto.com/how-to-mine-bitcoin-gold-btg/
Iamlegit4sure

Activity: 350

💲

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:44:09 PM

Thanks in advance!

You can't mine bitcoin gold on laptop unless you want to burned your new laptop gpu.
For mining you need dedicated graphics card and mining produces heat.
I will be posting mining procedure and video here once BTG mining starts, probably 1st November.
http://jkcrypto.com/how-to-mine-bitcoin-gold-btg/

Thanks

^BuTcH^

Activity: 671
Merit: 103

Moni

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 08:58:06 PM

Equihash is Nvidia friendly, if you have a 1060 - 1070 - 1080Ti card you will probably profit mining btc gold.

anujsainicse

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 06:56:12 AM

Check the official site.

I saw that too and still cant find the way to mine. I would like not to wait a few more days, thats the point...

BTG minig will start from 1st November.
As of now I know for equihash algo ewbf miner is best, anyone know better miner for equihash? 
D ltr

Activity: 1360
Merit: 258

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:14:56 AM

Equihash is Nvidia friendly, if you have a 1060 - 1070 - 1080Ti card you will probably profit mining btc gold.

i have an amd vga, is that vga is agood choise to mine BTG ?
and btw we can mine BTG from 1 nov

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
PranDoW

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:31:28 AM

I have 1070, so I hope it will be alright with them. In my opinion first couple of week it will be so profitable. Later it will fall down because of useless of this coin.
anujsainicse

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 09:16:48 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 11:27:58 AM by anujsainicse

I have 1070, so I hope it will be alright with them. In my opinion first couple of week it will be so profitable. Later it will fall down because of useless of this coin.
No one knows how community and trader will react when first block is mined. Hope BTG follow the same path as bitcoin cash did.
Bought $100 worth BTG from bitfinex, if price reaches 0.1 BTC easy 5x otherwise I will hold for some time and wait for pump.
cryptoagnostic

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:48:00 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2017, 01:49:00 AM by cryptoagnostic

Came here looking for which pool to use since I'd like to point some 1070's at this just for kicks and giggles. Looks like we'll just have to wait for 11/1 if BTG lasts that long.

Found a half decent list of mining software and pools here:
http://www.coinminingrigs.com/mine-bitcoin-gold-btg/
Mini_Miner

Activity: 228

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:56:02 PM

I would recommend that you use nicehash if you are a beginner. This program will choose the best variant of mining for your system.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:45:22 PM

Check the official site.

BTG minig will start from 1st November.
As of now I know for equihash algo ewbf miner is best, anyone know better miner for equihash? 

It's Equihash, so EWBF or DSMB (sp?) on the Nvidia side, Claymore on the AMD side, should all work just by pointing them at a BTG pool with a BTG wallet address.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: