Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:22:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to mine Bitcoin Gold?  (Read 90524 times)
avikz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:01:53 PM

Even though I am a veteran in trading, I am an absolute newbie in mining related matters. I have never tried to mine because my laptop is very old with Intel i3 processor. However, I have recently purchased a new gaming laptop with i7 processor, 12 GB ram and 4 GB DDR5 graphics card. It is still on the way and probably will receive it within another 4 days. I am planning to mine Bitcoin Gold which are going to be created after the upcoming hard fork.

Can anyone please help me with a step-by-step guide of bitcoin gold mining. I need to know from the beginning as I have no idea about mining.

Thanks in advance!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:10:38 PM

Not trying to be a smartass (actually I am) but what the heck does this alt coin have to do with Bitcoin?

Scrap'
rxracer

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:24:44 PM

It's just another rubbish altcoin, but if you really wanna mine it -

It uses the Equihash algorithm.  The same as ZCash, ZClassic, ZenCash etc.  Google EWBF miner (for Nvidia), or.... I'm not really sure what the best Equihash miner for AMD is.
Step 2.  Find a pool that supports BTG mining.  I know of none atm, but I haven't looked.

If you're a complete noob and just want to get in to mining easy, Nicehash is it.  On average it's less profitable than figuring it all out yourself and finding a good pool, but that's the price you pay for convenience I guess.  I've personally found zpool calculates hashrate and earnings really accurately.  Their fee is higher than average, prolly cos they don't rip you off behind the scenes.  Just my opinion.  Lots of pools make things so vague you can't really question what you're earning.  Nanopool was decent when ETH mining was the most profitable.  I highly doubt they'll do BTG.

No-one can easily walk you through mining.  It's not hard to figure out, but you really need to do your own legwork to get the most out of it.  There's no shortage of info out there.  Good luck.
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:03:47 PM

Even though I am a veteran in trading, I am an absolute newbie in mining related matters. I have never tried to mine because my laptop is very old with Intel i3 processor. However, I have recently purchased a new gaming laptop with i7 processor, 12 GB ram and 4 GB DDR5 graphics card. It is still on the way and probably will receive it within another 4 days. I am planning to mine Bitcoin Gold which are going to be created after the upcoming hard fork.

Can anyone please help me with a step-by-step guide of bitcoin gold mining. I need to know from the beginning as I have no idea about mining.

Thanks in advance!

Typically you wouldn't mine with a laptop due to the bad heat dispersion unless you couldn't care less about the laptop or you have free electricity.

Since yours is a new gaming laptop, you should strongly consider not using it for mining as you may damage it or shorten its lifespan.
milicic

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:23:51 PM

Thanks in advance!

Typically you wouldn't mine with a laptop due to the bad heat dispersion unless you couldn't care less about the laptop or you have free electricity.

Since yours is a new gaming laptop, you should strongly consider not using it for mining as you may damage it or shorten its lifespan.

I agree. It would be a waste of a good laptop and your profits would barely cover electricity cost since that graphic card cant compare to desktop GPUs...
skrespin

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:45:46 PM

Is there any pool for mining BTCGold?
gateway

Activity: 552

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:27:01 PM

Check the official site.

List of pools but no software and no info on how to mine.. just wait a few more days..
milicic

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:10:38 AM

Check the official site.

List of pools but no software and no info on how to mine.. just wait a few more days..

I saw that too and still cant find the way to mine. I would like not to wait a few more days, thats the point...
afmeirelles

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:59:40 PM

In their slack channel (https://bitcoingoldminingpool.slack.com) they say mining won't be avaible until november 1st. They say they're doing tests and stuff.
Not sure whether it's true, but it's sure a way to make money - mining alone for 1 week before releasing to the public.
Iamlegit4sure

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

💲

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:02:51 PM

You will be able to mine from MINERGATE (easy GUI software to mine many coins) --> https://minergate.com/a/476b2ca6679848411112d851

They are ready with the software (as you can see in the dashboard) but are waiting for the 1st of nov to start mining (or some day after that, maybe 3, no one really knows. but soon)

anujsainicse

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 08:15:40 PM

Thanks in advance!

You can't mine bitcoin gold on laptop unless you want to burned your new laptop gpu.
For mining you need dedicated graphics card and mining produces heat.
I will be posting mining procedure and video here once BTG mining starts, probably 1st November.
http://jkcrypto.com/how-to-mine-bitcoin-gold-btg/
Iamlegit4sure

Activity: 350

💲

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:44:09 PM

Thanks in advance!

You can't mine bitcoin gold on laptop unless you want to burned your new laptop gpu.
I will be posting mining procedure and video here once BTG mining starts, probably 1st November.

Thanks

^BuTcH^

Activity: 671
Merit: 103

Moni

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 08:58:06 PM

Equihash is Nvidia friendly, if you have a 1060 - 1070 - 1080Ti card you will probably profit mining btc gold.

anujsainicse

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 06:56:12 AM

Check the official site.

I saw that too and still cant find the way to mine. I would like not to wait a few more days, thats the point...

BTG minig will start from 1st November.
As of now I know for equihash algo ewbf miner is best, anyone know better miner for equihash? 
D ltr

Activity: 1360
Merit: 258

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:14:56 AM

Equihash is Nvidia friendly, if you have a 1060 - 1070 - 1080Ti card you will probably profit mining btc gold.

i have an amd vga, is that vga is agood choise to mine BTG ?
and btw we can mine BTG from 1 nov

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
PranDoW

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:31:28 AM

I have 1070, so I hope it will be alright with them. In my opinion first couple of week it will be so profitable. Later it will fall down because of useless of this coin.
anujsainicse

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 09:16:48 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 11:27:58 AM by anujsainicse

I have 1070, so I hope it will be alright with them. In my opinion first couple of week it will be so profitable. Later it will fall down because of useless of this coin.
No one knows how community and trader will react when first block is mined. Hope BTG follow the same path as bitcoin cash did.
Bought $100 worth BTG from bitfinex, if price reaches 0.1 BTC easy 5x otherwise I will hold for some time and wait for pump.
cryptoagnostic

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:48:00 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2017, 01:49:00 AM by cryptoagnostic

Came here looking for which pool to use since I'd like to point some 1070's at this just for kicks and giggles. Looks like we'll just have to wait for 11/1 if BTG lasts that long.

Found a half decent list of mining software and pools here:
http://www.coinminingrigs.com/mine-bitcoin-gold-btg/
Mini_Miner

Activity: 228

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:56:02 PM

I would recommend that you use nicehash if you are a beginner. This program will choose the best variant of mining for your system.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:45:22 PM

Check the official site.

BTG minig will start from 1st November.
As of now I know for equihash algo ewbf miner is best, anyone know better miner for equihash? 

It's Equihash, so EWBF or DSMB (sp?) on the Nvidia side, Claymore on the AMD side, should all work just by pointing them at a BTG pool with a BTG wallet address.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
cryptoblue

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:08:07 PM

I would like to know how to mine bitcoin gold! And which graphic cards RX or Gtx will be the best to mine bitcoin gold. Any help would be appreciated.

│ │   │      │      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━     IDA DIGITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT PTY, LTD     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━      │      │   │ │
─────────      Digitize Real Assets On The Ida Platform, Join A Thriving Business Ecosystem      ─────────
││     WhitePaper     ││  │   Telegram   │   Twitter   │   Facebook   │   YouTube   │  │││     PRIVATE SALE is L I V E !     │││
peterfoca

Activity: 75

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:36:08 PM

I would like to know how to mine bitcoin gold! And which graphic cards RX or Gtx will be the best to mine bitcoin gold. Any help would be appreciated.

Equihash algorithm is among the most profitable to mine on Nvidia CUDA GPUs
chompomonim

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:36:28 PM

On bitcoingold.org you can find list of pools (8 at the moment) which are going to support BGold mining. However at the moment it's not really possible to mine BGold, I think they're still in this strange "pre-mining" stage :/
savioroshan

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:59:45 PM

Thanks in advance!

Thankyou buddy, for posting your site. I will check your site for updates for mining bitcoingold. Even I am planning to mine it. But don't know what gpu to be used. Also it will be better if you suggest which mining pool is to be used and how to connect it with the miner. Because my technical knowledge is very week. Anyways I am going to bookmark your site for future reference.
br1mcoin

Activity: 182

br1mcoin : Savings & Wealth Creation Coin x11 Algo

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:21:35 PM

Just need to wait for Nov 1st.

Too many forks happening to King of Crypto - Bitcoin

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:04:47 PM

i have an amd vga, is that vga is agood choise to mine BTG ?
and btw we can mine BTG from 1 nov

The answer is "it depends on WHICH MODEL" - "AMD VGA" is a description that can be accurately applied to hundreds or possibly THOUSANDS of different GPU models, some of which can't mine at all a few recent of which would be fairly good BTG choices.

Given that the algorithm is Equihash, the "which cards are best" discussion has long since been settled give or take pricing changes and an occasional mining software upgrade modifying the parameters - go look at the many ZCash (ZEC) mining threads.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
Sagar alias

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:54:31 AM

As am new member very excited to do the new things...mining the bitcoins is new task. Pls advice me to help on this
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:44:00 AM

As am new member very excited to do the new things...mining the bitcoins is new task. Pls advice me to help on this

Do not confuse the coin named "Bitcoin Gold" with actual Bitcoin - they are NOT THE SAME COIN AT ALL.

lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:54:32 AM

I am just finishing building a computer MS 6000 motherboard running 3x 1080 Graphics will try mining for a couple weeks see what it makes
szafa

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:24:48 AM

Today wallet can be public.
betiteh0777

Activity: 133

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:09:11 AM

whats up with mining? any info yet?
rokerjtrolol

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:48:53 AM

None so far
br1mcoin

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:06:17 AM

no, mining is not yet possible.
u can trade it now on BitFinex.

Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 11:07:01 AM

They've added replay protection, so the mining will probably start early.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
ciprianpt

Activity: 127
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 11:19:32 AM

Hey guys i just finished and published this full guide / tutorial about how to mine and what are the best GPUs and hardware to mine Bitcoin Gold http://1stminingrig.com/how-to-mine-bitcoin-gold-btg-best-mining-rig-hardware-tutorial/ , feel free to ask any questions Smiley

https://1stMiningRig.com - Just Another Mining Blog Smiley
Ryuh

Activity: 282

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:38:21 PM

Hey guys i just finished and published this full guide / tutorial about how to mine and what are the best GPUs and hardware to mine Bitcoin Gold http://1stminingrig.com/how-to-mine-bitcoin-gold-btg-best-mining-rig-hardware-tutorial/ , feel free to ask any questions Smiley

Hello Ciprian, when i was a newbie i read your site a lot and you helped me big time.
Thank you and keep up the good work!
Sev18

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:41:24 PM

Heard that its testnet has started, is it well being mined now?

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
boo50

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

lux8.net

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:56:18 PM

testnet not ready, it will be probably launched today.

follow us on twitter to get fresh news about BTG mining.

BTW - you can try mining Zen on our new pool now with 0% fee.

xppb00

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:15:42 PM

pool.gold is the sponsored pool to mine BTG. Testnet has some configuration issue. Devs are on it. It will take some time. Looks like everybody is excited  Cool
ilia_vs

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:55:46 PM

how much longer. t hated to wait.  Sad
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 03:19:52 PM

Just few hours ahead. Some of my rigs are in ready mode Cheesy
peteycamey
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 03:26:02 PM

how do you know how much time?
lowbander80
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:48:45 PM

Anyone got a stratum for nicehash to mine BTG
shibob

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 04:18:07 PM

how do you know how much time?

They announced about testnet time is at 7 PM UTC, so about next 3 hrs:
http://pool.gold/

cryptbro

Activity: 82

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:20:27 PM

MF hypeddddd lets mine!
laineux

Activity: 206

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:22:43 PM

ssl on pool is not active yet

I am not sure they are really ready...
blevotron

Activity: 226

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:24:37 PM

I've got a question about that actually, I'm currently mining ZEC, which is also equihash. Will it be as simple as pointing EWBF at a BCG pool and wallet, or will I need to do some other configuration? Does the mining program know what kind of coin it's mining, or does it just receive data from the pool server and process it, no matter what it is?
NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:33:07 PM

Unable to generate an address for deposit on Yobit.
CryptoRama

Activity: 453

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:42:15 PM

It's just another rubbish altcoin, but if you really wanna mine it -

It uses the Equihash algorithm.  The same as ZCash, ZClassic, ZenCash etc.  Google EWBF miner (for Nvidia), or.... I'm not really sure what the best Equihash miner for AMD is.
Step 2.  Find a pool that supports BTG mining.  I know of none atm, but I haven't looked.

If you're a complete noob and just want to get in to mining easy, Nicehash is it.  On average it's less profitable than figuring it all out yourself and finding a good pool, but that's the price you pay for convenience I guess.  I've personally found zpool calculates hashrate and earnings really accurately.  Their fee is higher than average, prolly cos they don't rip you off behind the scenes.  Just my opinion.  Lots of pools make things so vague you can't really question what you're earning.  Nanopool was decent when ETH mining was the most profitable.  I highly doubt they'll do BTG.

No-one can easily walk you through mining.  It's not hard to figure out, but you really need to do your own legwork to get the most out of it.  There's no shortage of info out there.  Good luck.

What, then it isn't like bitcoin? then what the heck did they think, looks like there where some big bitcoin holders that had this idea of bitcoin cash... to rip/scam off some more money... or did they try to make only for transactions to be lower?

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
drawer

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:21:21 PM

Any pool with maiking account - like suprnova or coinmine ?
WaveFront

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:44:39 PM

I cannot generate a BTG address.
Bitfinex throws an error and Binance doesn't allow the address creation
Is there another way?
Moondoggie

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:57:19 PM

Is there another way?

Also trying to work out how to get an address
MHs_man

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:08:06 PM

Is there another way?

I tried to use Coinomi wallet to get this BTG adress, but there is only "Bitcoin test" wallet there. Do you know something about it? Can we use this wallet to start mining ?
WaveFront

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:12:18 PM

Is there another way?

I tried to use Coinomi wallet to get this BTG adress, but there is only "Bitcoin test" wallet there. Do you know something about it? Can we use this wallet to start mining ?

I am not sure if this is possible, but you could use the private address of an existing BTC wallet at the moment of the fork. In theory it should work, but I prefer to wait.
I never tried coinomi... I will download this now
zimmix

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:33:22 PM

Just to clear up, it's under testnet right now, it means that it's just a simulation (https://bitcoingold.org/replay-protection-development/). As someone pointed, any BTC private address prior to the fork will work as BTG wallet, but you will need some conversion (https://bitcoingold.org/bitcoin-gold-daily-dev-update-28-10-2017/)
shibob

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 12:18:35 AM

I saw many miners are using BTC address, but for 3 of miners who found most blocks:

mizMR1rRWmu8vuiBcMVCSHXY3jX36HszRb - not sure which wallet

n3x65RhcX3iSZDQj7rDg7v2G7ZrRN5z2pb - not sure which wallet

t1emzuNbemjqnEhEue74NL3BxsR4cA1ajfP - Zcash transparent address

I'm so confused now.
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:43:45 AM

where can i sell it??

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
shibob

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 12:49:43 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2017, 01:06:29 AM by shibob

Btw minepool.gold is "502 Bad Gateway" now.
Shohel_rana96

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:59:22 AM

I don't know clear idea about Bitcoin gold how mine Bitcoin gold.  pls help any one....
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:19:14 AM

I've got a question about that actually, I'm currently mining ZEC, which is also equihash. Will it be as simple as pointing EWBF at a BCG pool and wallet

Once they get it up and running, yes.

Blockheadz

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:35:09 AM

I just took a few minutes and figured out with certainty how to generate BTCG paper wallets before any wallet exists.

If you got to Shatoshi labs GitHub, it has a list of coins who have applied for a BIP44 coin key and their coin number. BTCG registered and got number 156. Now, if you go to the Coinomi Mnemonic Generator and generate a phrase - It doesn't matter which coin you choose first, because all that does is change the "Coin" number under the Derivation Path. Now, manually input 156 into the "Coin" field, and you will get m/44'/156'/0'/0 as your BIP32 derivation field, which is what BTCG will be using. Now just grab your private key, mnemonic phrase, and first couple public addresses. You're good to go. If you do it correctly your public addresses should begin with an A or a G.

Shatoshi labs GitHub: https://github.com/satoshilabs/slips/blob/master/slip-0044.md
Coinomi Mnemonic Generator: https://coinomi.com/recovery-phrase-tool.html

Also, the coinomi generator can be saved locally and used without any internet connection to generate paper wallets for many coins on a non internet connected PC for complete safety! Plus there is a testnet to test mining on now if you look at the BTCG twitter. Claymore Zcash miner for AMD. EWBF Zcash miner for NVIDIA. Both working perfectly.

Update: BTCG liked my tweet about it apparently. Guess that means im right.

Cheers!
WaveFront

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:27:41 AM

I just took a few minutes and figured out with certainty how to generate BTCG paper wallets before any wallet exists.

If you got to Shatoshi labs GitHub, it has a list of coins who have applied for a BIP44 coin key and their coin number. BTCG registered and got number 156. Now, if you go to the Coinomi Mnemonic Generator and generate a phrase - It doesn't matter which coin you choose first, because all that does is change the "Coin" number under the Derivation Path. Now, manually input 156 into the "Coin" field, and you will get m/44'/156'/0'/0 as your BIP32 derivation field, which is what BTCG will be using. Now just grab your private key, mnemonic phrase, and first couple public addresses. You're good to go. If you do it correctly your public addresses should begin with an A or a G.

Shatoshi labs GitHub: https://github.com/satoshilabs/slips/blob/master/slip-0044.md

Also, the coinomi generator can be saved locally and used without any internet connection to generate paper wallets for many coins on a non internet connected PC for complete safety! Plus there is a testnet to test mining on now if you look at the BTCG twitter. Claymore Zcash miner for AMD. EWBF Zcash miner for NVIDIA. Both working perfectly.

Cheers!
Great idea!! :-D
I did as you say, but my private addresses are all starting with a B. I guess it's not a problem
Raimy

Activity: 140

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:38:07 AM

Cheers!

I followed this guide to the letter and either it is incorrect or I am doing something wrong.

It does not seem to matter which coin you start with even after entering 156 into the coin field as every address starts with a 1, if I select bitcoin or even leave it at Abecoin for the starting coin. Also if you select other coins and overwrite the 156 afterwards the beginning number or letter stays the same as the original coin you chose.

WaveFront

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:45:02 AM

Cheers!

I followed this guide to the letter and either it is incorrect or I am doing something wrong.

It does not seem to matter which coin you start with even after entering 156 into the coin field as every address starts with a 1, if I select bitcoin or even leave it at Abecoin for the starting coin. Also if you select other coins and overwrite the 156 afterwards the beginning number or letter stays the same as the original coin you chose.

Strange. For me the whenever I generate a new recovery phrase or I change the coin number, the adresses change. Did you try with a different browser?
riskyfire

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 10:19:33 AM

Here's a video tutorial on how to mine Bitcoin Gold https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ABXafFU_w

shibob

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 11:01:52 AM

Here's a video tutorial on how to mine Bitcoin Gold https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ABXafFU_w

Thank for sharing! Btw, does BTC address really work in BTG mining?
todualex

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:04:15 PM

in case of using BRC address, how it workd? were and when it will be credited? can you provide more details please?
WaveFront

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:56:31 PM

Oki. I was able to mine BTG on Pool.gold, using a BTG address calculated using the Coinomi Mnemonic Generator.
Now the big question is: are we going to be rewarded by mining on TestNet or are we mining for glory? :-D

I will go back to my normal mining activities until the situation is more clear  Grin
todualex

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:25:38 PM

BitcoinGOLD OFFICIAL:

We want to inform all the BTG fans that this is a testnet mining. The testcoins have no real value
killerelite

Activity: 205

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:38:17 PM

So Any update on when we can actually mine Bitcoin gold .
Wasn't it supposed to begin on 1st November .
But All I can find is that its only test net mining and these test net tokens will be worthless.
Also , Which pool will you guys be mining on , I am currently thinking of suprnova but I dont know if it will be updated to the offical token on release or after a couple of hours/days .

ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:53:53 PM

So Any update on when we can actually mine Bitcoin gold .
Wasn't it supposed to begin on 1st November .
But All I can find is that its only test net mining and these test net tokens will be worthless.
Also , Which pool will you guys be mining on , I am currently thinking of suprnova but I dont know if it will be updated to the offical token on release or after a couple of hours/days .

No pool are mining on the mainnet for a simple reason ! mainet is not open.
And Bitcoin Gold team don't say when mainet will be open, probably not before the ed of testnet test, perhaps few days... (this week-end or next monday, november 6).
In the testnet you have to setup your production miner : all yours coins has no value.
shibob

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 01:54:44 PM

They just announced "All of the mined block will be invalidated and everything will start from block 1210320."
So it means I mined 12 hours for nothing.
laineux

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:58:18 PM

They just announced "All of the mined block will be invalidated and everything will start from block 1210320."

Of course. This was a "testnet" mining...
shibob

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 02:11:01 PM

Of course. This was a "testnet" mining...

Thank you very much!

I've just involved to mining not that long so just learnt sth today Cheesy

Btw, I think they (I mined in pool.gold) should notice miners like "You are mining worthless testnet coins currently" as Suprnova.cc did:

https://btg.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=login

boo50

lux8.net

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:21:43 PM

keep calm gyus, main net is not ready, better try to mine something useful right now.
we'll inform everyone on twitter before mainnet launch.

WaveFront

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:51:00 PM

I was reading the specs of EWBF, the software used to mine Zcash and BTG on Nvidia GPUs as I wasn't familiar with it.
I read that there is a 2% developer fee. Is it true?
This plus the 1% pool fee makes a 3% dent on your gains.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:56:38 PM

keep calm gyus, main net is not ready, better try to mine something useful right now.
we'll inform everyone on twitter before mainnet launch.

Bro I noticed some sites provides the mining pool with out any charge initially to mine bitcoin gold in the pre mining time. Are you aware of it. I want know whether it is legit or not?
I know equi hash algorithm gonna use to mine BTG. If that is profitable. I would really like to mine BTG instead of ethereum and monero.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:15:42 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2017, 08:17:00 PM by omonuyak

I have also trying to look for this information from they site but it was not provided. I think we would have to wait for some days in other to get software and some code. Mining bitcoin gold will be profitable with graphics processing unit. I do believe that bitcoin gold developers will come out with  a road map on how bitcoin gold are to be mine.
Raimy

Activity: 140

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:30:36 PM

Cheers!

Strange. For me the whenever I generate a new recovery phrase or I change the coin number, the address change. Did you try with a different browser?

Yes, I tried with 3 different browsers and two different computers. The numbers do change but the first digit or character of the public address remains the same as the starting coin. So if Bitcoin was the starting coin it remains a 1 and say with Viacoin it stays a Z. According the the guide it should either start with a A or a G. My BIP32 derivation field shows m/44'/156'/0'/0 just like in the guide, but the public addresses do not seem to be valid.

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:38:55 AM

I was reading the specs of EWBF, the software used to mine Zcash and BTG on Nvidia GPUs as I wasn't familiar with it.

It defaults to 2% for a dev fee but unlike Claymore you can set it lower (or higher) if you prefer to.

I default to setting my miners up with 0.2% - which still nets the dev a few $$ a month from my fairly small farm.

lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:52:25 AM

It defaults to 2% for a dev fee but unlike Claymore you can set it lower (or higher) if you prefer to.

I default to setting my miners up with 0.2% - which still nets the dev a few $$ a month from my fairly small farm.

How do I change those setting. I don't mean to be cheap but my electric rates are high in California and the alts are getting murdered.  I'm on the verge of turning off my GPU rigs
boo50

lux8.net

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:23:21 AM

--fee 0 in your .bat file
But don't be so petty, devs do work to make it possible for you to make money, but everyone wants an free miner, zero fee pool and profitable coin. It's just a few percents and it's a reasonable amount to pay for devs, pools and exchanges.

Moondoggie

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:26:02 AM

--fee 0 in your .bat file
But don't be so petty, devs do work to make it possible for you to make money, but everyone wants an free miner, zero fee pool and profitable coin. It's just a few percents and it's a reasonable amount to pay for devs, pools and exchanges.

I agree, they should receive something for their work.
If you don't want to pay, make one for yourself.
WaveFront

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:39:46 PM

Don't get me wrong. The developers should be rewarded for their incredible work, but I would be much more comfortable with a one time fee (per card or per rig), not tied to our mining activity. In places where electricity costs are high (thinking about Europe), an additional 2% is killing miners.
But yes, I think anything between 1% and 0.1% would be fair.
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:45:03 PM

Since today you can start mining Bitcoin Gold. Soon you can use CosmoPool for it.

Here is their link http://cosmopool.online/
Futnuck

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:27:46 PM

Which wallet should i use for mining Bitcoin Gold? I can't use coinomi because i have IOS.
MHs_man

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Since today you can start mining Bitcoin Gold. Soon you can use CosmoPool for it.

Why do you tell us about strarting mining bitcoin gold? There is no wallet i can use for this till now.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 07:50:20 PM

Any date when it should start? Week after testnet?

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
todualex

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:10:39 PM

telegram:
Dear followers of Bitcoin Gold project.
We are excited about the way the testnet is working.
On the second day we have applied changes about the starting difficulty, some more minor settings and restarted the network. Currently we have 57 operating nodes and more than 200 mined blocks. The network is stable and all of the transactions are executed.
We take advantage of the opportunity to thank to users, pools operators, wallets and exchanges that are helping with the development and the testnet progress.
All the received help is highly appreciated! Thanks for all of the support!
Bitcoin Gold community.
https://bitcoingold.org/bitcoin-gold-daily-update-network-…/

still nothing about mining
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:13:21 AM

telegram:
Dear followers of Bitcoin Gold project.
We are excited about the way the testnet is working.
On the second day we have applied changes about the starting difficulty, some more minor settings and restarted the network. Currently we have 57 operating nodes and more than 200 mined blocks. The network is stable and all of the transactions are executed.
We take advantage of the opportunity to thank to users, pools operators, wallets and exchanges that are helping with the development and the testnet progress.
All the received help is highly appreciated! Thanks for all of the support!
Bitcoin Gold community.
https://bitcoingold.org/bitcoin-gold-daily-update-network-…/

still nothing about mining

In the very link you posted they do say that mainnet mining will start once they have a few key pieces in place, namely working wallets/addresses and exchanges/pools configured with proper code for the mainnet coins. The post also indicated they would announce the launch date ahead of time. I am fine with this as it is better to have everything in lace than risk a possible rollback later on. As long as they don't pull a 3 AM ninja launch to try and quickly mine some more coins for themselves, I am fine with this proposed approach.

Next steps:

We are in touch with major exchanges and wallet providers that have asked for the replay protection and the unique address format in order to support us, follow their statements and start working on integration with Bitcoin Gold. So all the users can receive their funds without any  problems.
    We will start planning the release of the main network very soon and will come up with release date as soon as we are ready to announce it.
    Go to previous BTG Daily Update to check our complete timeline.
[/size]
lankyman

Activity: 382

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:29:55 PM

but what wallet address do u use nobody seems to fkcing answer   that question
Katimand

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:23:33 PM

but what wallet address do u use nobody seems to fkcing answer   that question

You can just use your bitcoin address.
Coin++

Activity: 810
Merit: 444

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:35:25 PM

but what wallet address do u use nobody seems to fkcing answer   that question

You can just use your bitcoin address.
Be carrefull : it is just the testnet : the coin haven't any value.
It is just for a few time, just the tie to test your production setup :computer, GPU, Pool, and all your parameters.
Mainnet will be available later, probably next week...

My favorite faucets to earn real free bitcoins/satoshis : Moon BitCoin and Bit Fun.
You want some free AltCoins ? It's here : BCH (Bitcoin Cash) Moon BitCoinCash - DASH (Dash) Moon Dash - DOGE (DogeCoin) Moon DogeCoin - LTC (LiteCoin) Moon LiteCoin.
You want some free LBC (Lbry Credits) ? My LBC invite : Lbry.tv - LBC (Lbry Credits).
Nomad88
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1268

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 05:06:40 PM

Early miners will surely make some money on that. It is always the same story. I almost wish that i had a rig of my own, so i could give it a shot this time. Even so, there very limited information regarding BTG wallets, mining pools and configurations. I do have a some old GPU which i can still try. Of course, someone out there should share his experience with us first.

br1mcoin

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:14:13 AM

Early miners will surely make some money on that. It is always the same story. I almost wish that i had a rig of my own, so i could give it a shot this time. Even so, there very limited information regarding BTG wallets, mining pools and configurations. I do have a some old GPU which i can still try. Of course, someone out there should share his experience with us first.

this is true.
We have about 30 GPU 1080ti here waiting to mine BTG.
This testnet has resulted in a uptrend of BTG

laineux

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:12:35 PM

this is true.

What are your 1080ti's mining during the wait ?
pinimodulo

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:15:32 AM

this is true.

If I had to guess I would say Zcash or Ether.
anujsainicse

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 07:13:04 AM

this is true.

Mining Zcoin
pinimodulo

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:44:23 PM

this is true.

Mining Zcoin

Is it Zcoin more profitable for you than Zcash when you mine with the 1080's?
vanillalatte

Activity: 105

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:51:43 PM

you can use suprnova.cc for test
lowbander80
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:41:57 PM

No wallet No mining no mainnet that I know of,yet price is around $150.Its just money from thin air
kshilov

Activity: 93

Jobs for crypto experts, telegram: @ksshilov

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 05:20:46 PM

Thanks in advance!

Here is step by step guide with all software and hardware and command line parameters: https://howtotoken.com/mine-bitcoin-gold-ultimate-guide/

It was created with Bitcoin Gold team, ask questions in comments to get updates

Howtotoken expert driven community ICO: https://howtotoken.com/join-community/
todualex

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:21:52 PM

BTG official network is expected to start on Nov 12 2017, 7 PM UTC. The current mining ports and accounts will be automatically transferred from testnet to main net mining.
anujsainicse

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 09:27:12 PM

this is true.

Mining Zcoin

Is it Zcoin more profitable for you than Zcash when you mine with the 1080's?
yes. Currently $4.5/1080 Ti.
Dedicated 1080 Ti thread here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1940567.msg20959734#msg20959734
br1mcoin

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:04:05 PM

this is true.

we are on HSR. That's a top 50 coins.

gateway

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:56:57 AM

FYI
Hey everyone, I'm in the process of prepping my pool for the upcoming bitcoin gold main net.

I set up my pool with dedicated servers for best performance and have managed pools in the past for some heavy hitting bitcoin peeps.

Anyhow I could use some testing, feedback on the site.  Ill be adding more features.

Remember this is on Testnet right now, so any coins have no value until the main net comes on line in a few days.

check it out here GPU Gold

If all runs well Ill add other coins ..
br1mcoin

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:17:57 AM

FYI
Hey everyone, I'm in the process of prepping my pool for the upcoming bitcoin gold main net.

I set up my pool with dedicated servers for best performance and have managed pools in the past for some heavy hitting bitcoin peeps.

Anyhow I could use some testing, feedback on the site.  Ill be adding more features.

Remember this is on Testnet right now, so any coins have no value until the main net comes on line in a few days.

check it out here GPU Gold

If all runs well Ill add other coins ..

thanks for the pool. While waiting, we are running solo mining for NEXUS

selffish

Activity: 208

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:49:48 AM

BTG official network is expected to start on Nov 12 2017, 7 PM UTC. The current mining ports and accounts will be automatically transferred from testnet to main net mining.

are you sure? source pls.
faanigee

Activity: 95

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:59:18 PM

Thanks in advance!

Very Very Bad idea...!!!
Collectorcoin

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 01:00:31 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Bitcoin Gold get cancelled after the Segwit2x was called off? or am I mistaken?
CryptoRama

Activity: 453

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:20:43 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Bitcoin Gold get cancelled after the Segwit2x was called off? or am I mistaken?

If I know correctly Bitcoin cash is only Segwit, segwit2x would be newer bitcoin cash I presume.. I really don't know what did they though with that segwit2x, thank God it was canceled.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
blacktux88

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 05:29:21 PM

because of Equihash its the same way as zcash and his friends.

testnet is already life.

Shocked

rokerjtrolol

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:03:31 AM

Is there anyone could suggest what best miner software could be use for a desktop computer like AMD processor?
xmrig for mining cryptonight based c0ins
fynxgloire

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:49:56 AM

oh darn I only have apple ipad and PC, is there a wallet for PC or my Maxi-pad ( Ipad? )
Maian

Activity: 257

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:37:56 AM

Not trying to be a smartass (actually I am) but what the heck does this alt coin have to do with Bitcoin?

Scrap'
We need to trying our best to have that bitcoin gold.
Cointribute

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:03:11 PM

Thanks in advance!

Bitcoin Gold mining profitable if I start now? I live in Florida, power is not cheap here.
boyjackyou

Activity: 301

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:02:16 PM

Buy some good cards,1070 up but i recommend 1080ti.I will surely mine this coin it has a lot of potential.

BitcoinDiamond

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:07:26 PM

testnet is already life.

Shocked

Intrigued to know how the testnet is running. Smoothy? Any glitches etc?
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:14:18 PM

I will be mining this hopefully, but will be dumping it straight on the exchange for sure.
lankyman

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:15:37 PM

Buy some good cards,1070 up but i recommend 1080ti.I will surely mine this coin it has a lot of potential.

For poor people such as me in a 3rd world , would 3GB GTX1060 cut it ?
I have RX470 x1 and plan to buy another RX470 mining edition one or either just a GTX1060 i dont know really what the better is.
This is all i can afford.
 I was looking at then getting another later like in 1 month OR just wait and buy a GTX1070.... not sure.
Thing is, and keep in mind, pricing for these cards here not like in the US where everything always seems way cheaper.
No idea why .
LuisaoL

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:27:29 AM

are you sure? source pls.

BTG Official page
https://bitcoingold.org/
baga105

Activity: 362

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:32:17 AM

Significant drop of difficulty on other Equihash algortyhms are expected Smiley))

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
fynxgloire

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:02:37 PM

How do I create a wallet to use with Bitcoin Gold?
Anyone?
Kompik

Activity: 463

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:39:10 PM

Anyone knows what is the blocktime and block reward? I am probably blind but i cannot find it anywhere Sad

Bitrated user: Kompik.
Vann

Merit: 606

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:28:45 PM

Since BTG is a fork off of BTC's blockchain, it's block reward is the same as BTC (currently 12.5 BTG):

https://github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/blob/5a9f5b1d337babbbad53f787bc4914520266e1f0/src/chainparams.cpp#L133

10 minute block time:

https://github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/blob/5a9f5b1d337babbbad53f787bc4914520266e1f0/src/chainparams.cpp#L95

Subsidy halving every 210000 blocks:

https://github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/blob/5a9f5b1d337babbbad53f787bc4914520266e1f0/src/chainparams.cpp#L83

8,000 block premine:

https://github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/blob/5a9f5b1d337babbbad53f787bc4914520266e1f0/src/chainparams.cpp#L89

8000 x 12.5 = 100,000 BTG

100,000 BTG x $300 = $30M
br1mcoin

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:30:00 PM

Anyone?

coinnomi - an apps ; of Android.

dadesu

Activity: 378
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:05:23 PM

Today volume on BTG is more than 35m $, so premine is not problem at all Wink
BTG can be very good coin if devs work job like they supose to do.
Coin can have very good future.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
gateway

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:21:45 PM

We will be ready for miners tomorrow once mainnet goes live and syncs properly.

Check out our getting started section.
Vann

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:49:41 PM

Today volume on BTG is more than 35m $, so premine is not problem at all Wink
BTG can be very good coin if devs work job like they supose to do.
Coin can have very good future.

It could also be a premined shit coin with the devs looking to capitalize off forking BTC. The volume should make it easier for the devs to cash in. Keep an eye on the premine address Wink
nshyamkrishna

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:54:01 PM

Bitcoin Gold BTG pool

http://btgpool.org/

0.5% fees
Server based in India
Aureliusy

Activity: 325

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:50:27 PM

Please don't do it. BTG = a scam. There are many far more healthy choices (ASIC resistant coins) that need your mining support.
fynxgloire

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:22:08 AM

Anyone?

coinnomi - an apps ; of Android.

Thx I used BlueStacks Android emulator on my PC and installed Coinomi.
Looks good so far

Regards
fynxgloire

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:23:24 AM

Please don't do it. BTG = a scam. There are many far more healthy choices (ASIC resistant coins) that need your mining support.

Why is BTG a scam?
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:35:53 AM

testnet is already life.

Shocked

Intrigued to know how the testnet is running. Smoothy? Any glitches etc?

Testnet on zcash requires 'getblocksubsidy', they just added it yesterday to the code ( github.com/btcgpu )

Thus the only two working pools both btg.suprnova.cc and pool.gold are not actually using seed-nodes, they're just running on a private fork, in -testnet mode

The fact is in the code NO SEED NODES have been added, thus no actual internet testing has taken place,

TESTNET has probably only been 40% tested and the morons (BTG) talk about mainnet release 12NOV@1700UTC,

Not going to happen, given Testnet didn't get tested, and the proxy's are still not up, of the dozen so called mining-pools for BTG, none of the up are up except pool.gold which is a scam pool that has been redirecting 1000k sols/sec of equihash for 3+ weeks, btg.suprnova.cc just started running the testnet two days ago, but they say ...

"BTG.suprnova.cc - YOUR MINING WORTHLESS SHIT, WE HAVE NO IDEA WHEN THIS SOFTWARE WILL BE WORKING"

Now some 12 hours before launch, IMHO will not happen, if they DO make main-net code available, it will take 3-4 days to download the -bootstrap chain-block, all must remember this is a new chain, its not compatible with BTC, so even these mining pools after they download the new code and compile, it will take them days before they have a complete block-chain, the way BTC(&clones) work, is that you can't run "getblocktemplate' until the chain is 100% and that takes 3-4 days

So that means 12NOV@1700UTC which pools will be operational? I think only pool.gold because they are the same people as github.com/btcgpu, which means they have early release  to the real software,where they can download the chain-block before everybody else.

Unless of course btg.suprnova.cc has a cozy relationship, I don't think so its clear from the red-banner above that suprnova.cc knows that BTG is a scam ran by incompetent scammers.

Pool.Gold has been redirecting equihash for 3+ weeks, when the mainnet goes live, what exactly will pool.gold be doing? Most people don't even have 'G' Addresses unless they downoad the mainnet code  and run 'getnewaddress'

IMHO most of the mining on pool.gold will be to faux addresses which means any found BTG goes to the house and/or pool

All is a kluster-fuck, ... planned or just organic human greed and stupidity???
bitfools

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:40:33 AM

Why is BTG a scam?

Because 1,000's of newbie accounts on this forum ask the same rhetorical BOT question hourly, and they never provide feedback, they just ask the same question, so as it create DOUBT that it is a SCAM.

Back in August 2017, on Reddit a research found that ALL the websites under the BTG/BITCOIN-GOLD family were all owned by the alt-coin scam syndicate's ran out of Russia/China,

Thus if all the websites associated with BTG are part of the BTC Mafia ( russian, chinese, & bulgarian ), then how in the HELL could BTG NOT be a scam, did all of a sudden the 2,000 shit-coins on the internet all largely pumped by the same orgs, all owing the same pools like YOBIT.NET, ... did all of a sudden these assholes become altruistic??

Come on BOTS answer this question?

R the PPL who own the domain-names associated with bitocoin-gold human?? Yes or No?
bitfools

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:44:06 AM

Bitcoin Gold BTG pool

http://btgpool.org/

0.5% fees
Server based in India

non-operational, no miners no stats, just a website false-front with no background software,

so what's the point??

all of this is just to create the illusion that BTG has a COMMUNITY, it does not

Who owns this domain?? btgpool.org?? U can bet the same people that all the other similar domains

Most of the BTG PR budget was put into websites, and NADA a nickel was spent on writing C++ to implement working block-chain software

Oh, and lots of budget were spent on BOTS to fill this forum with bot-shit
fynxgloire

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:22:49 AM

Why is BTG a scam?

Because 1,000's of newbie accounts on this forum ask the same rhetorical BOT question hourly, and they never provide feedback, they just ask the same question, so as it create DOUBT that it is a SCAM.

Back in August 2017, on Reddit a research found that ALL the websites under the BTG/BITCOIN-GOLD family were all owned by the alt-coin scam syndicate's ran out of Russia/China,

Thus if all the websites associated with BTG are part of the BTC Mafia ( russian, chinese, & bulgarian ), then how in the HELL could BTG NOT be a scam, did all of a sudden the 2,000 shit-coins on the internet all largely pumped by the same orgs, all owing the same pools like YOBIT.NET, ... did all of a sudden these assholes become altruistic??

Come on BOTS answer this question?

R the PPL who own the domain-names associated with bitocoin-gold human?? Yes or No?

Who cares is its a scam, as long as I get paid to my wallet offline I don't give a *uck.
lekam0213

We offer our Service

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:38:05 AM

I do not think that it is a good idea to use your laptop for mining because it can damage your laptop and high electricity bill. Much better if you have high cpu and can afford to pay your electricity bill.

***BOUNTY MANAGEMENT***
***COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT***
Vann

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:47:40 AM

12.5 BTG every 10 minutes = 1800 BTG issued per day = 1800 x $400 = $720,000 in BTG subsidy per day

Compared with ZEC:

10 ZEC every 2.5 minutes = 5760 ZEC per day = 5760 x $250 = $1,440,000 in ZEC subsidy per day

The only one's guaranteed to make money of this BTG scam are the Dev's with their 100,000 BTG premine, pool operators, and NiceHash. All while you fight over crumbs with all the other plebs. You will be better off mining on NiceHash since there will be plenty of noobs stupid enough to buy Equihash hash to mine this shit coin.
fynxgloire

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:58:07 AM

12.5 BTG every 10 minutes = 1800 BTG issued per day = 1800 x $400 = $720,000 in BTG subsidy per day

Compared with ZEC:

10 ZEC every 2.5 minutes = 5760 ZEC per day = 5760 x $250 = $1,440,000 in ZEC subsidy per day

The only one's guaranteed to make money of this BTG scam are the Dev's with their 100,000 BTG premine, pool operators, and NiceHash. All while you fight over crumbs with all the other plebs. You will be better off mining on NiceHash since there will be plenty of noobs stupid enough to buy Equihash hash to mine this shit coin.

So your saying this calculator is a lie?

Bitcoin Gold Calculator
http://calc.btgpool.pro/
agente

Activity: 239

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:30:37 AM

Compared with ZEC:

Bitcoin Gold Calculator

Calculators now based on testnet difficulty. You have to use it when mainnet running with mainnet difficulty..
And yes.. of course you are not going to do 400usd/day with 1 1070  Cheesy Cheesy
fynxgloire

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:43:45 AM

Compared with ZEC:

Bitcoin Gold Calculator

Calculators now based on testnet difficulty. You have to use it when mainnet running with mainnet difficulty..
And yes.. of course you are not going to do 400usd/day with 1 1070  Cheesy Cheesy

Yeah that's what I was wondering.  Seems like a big scam just like the Antminer D3.  Once everyone starts mining, profits will be negative !!!
bitfools

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:05:45 AM

Yeah that's what I was wondering.  Seems like a big scam just like the Antminer D3.  Once everyone starts mining, profits will be negative !!!

Probably worse than negative, I calculated earlier that a 1070 mining BTG would yield about 0.0000005 BTG's per day, that worked out to be about one penny at current price of $400 USD. Smiley

Mining BTG will never be profitable for anyone,

BTG is only profitable for the scammers who created the shit-coin, and made the ICO, and pre-mined.

A penny a day mining equihash?

U decide zencash at $1.50/day, or BTG for  a penny a day, the choice is yours.

IMHO when 99% of moron-miners are on BTG the next month the difficulty for most of our z-coins might plummet???

YEAH
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:59:14 AM

BTG can recalculate difficulty after every block.
I think first block will found by dev and enthusiasts, after this diff will be recalculated to compite with zcash and etc

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Vann

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:14:17 AM

The difficulty adjustment is to maintain a 10 minute block time and keep the mining subsidy issuance at a constant level. Adustment after every block makes it harder for large farms to to game the difficulty by coming in and out to fast mine the coin before the difficulty can retarget.
gateway

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:28:25 AM

feel free to join our pool tomorrow.. its going to be an exciting day.. see sig below..

cheers.. feel free to shoot me any pm's.
SYMbtc

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:39:37 AM

I have RX470 x1 and plan to buy another RX470 mining edition one or either just a GTX1060 i dont know really what the better is.
 I was looking at then getting another later like in 1 month OR just wait and buy a GTX1070.... not sure.
Thing is, and keep in mind, pricing for these cards here not like in the US where everything always seems way cheaper.
No idea why .

I think the 1070 will do better with bitcoin gold. Just get what u can afford, the more ram the better from what I am reading!
brownfly

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:27:32 PM

anybody can explain me, how to mine BTG at a pool, while there is no official BTG wallet is released yet and thus - there is no BTG wallet address to use??? I see that there is generators for testnet(s), it makes sense, but for mainnet - none.

Bitcointalk ANNS channel: https://t.me/bitcointalkanns
random_miner

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:51:42 PM

Can anybody let me know, or share any link how to BTC address are converted to BTG address?

Or we should use new BTG address for any security reasons ?
aknataga

Activity: 387
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:05:39 PM

https://mybtgwallet.com/

Try this one.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
brownfly

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:08:29 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 03:46:47 PM by brownfly

I saw that and it looks really suspicious for me, since giving your seed phrase is equivalent to giving your private key for your btc wallet.
For BTG addresses they said that prefix will be different, so we will need new BTG addresses and (correct me if I am wrong) there is no "conversion".

Permonik

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:36:31 PM

Hi guys,
Is there someone who find a really safe wallet which is not a scam?
iTzShowTime

Activity: 232

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:39:10 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 03:50:55 PM by iTzShowTime

yeah these new wallet look odd to me then again im new to the whole
Crypto/Mining

i just used the CoinOmi wallet you have to download BlueStacks then download
coinomi. bluestacks in an emulator for Android apps to be able to be used on Desktop

here is the youtube link i used to help me out ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JUOzQsxqNE

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:43:22 PM

No idea why .

Yes !!! ....

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
jeswin

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:56:45 PM

Cannot recommend to use your laptop for mining. Setup a small mining rig of your choice and do mining.
br1mcoin

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:23:41 PM

yeah these new wallet look odd to me then again im new to the whole
Crypto/Mining

i just used the CoinOmi wallet you have to download BlueStacks then download
coinomi. bluestacks in an emulator for Android apps to be able to be used on Desktop

here is the youtube link i used to help me out ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JUOzQsxqNE

excellent, we are also using Coinomi Wallet. Simple and straight forward

gaissa

Activity: 61

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:31:35 PM

Premining going on... this is stupid Cheesy
Marvell2

Merit: 132

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:35:21 PM

Premining going on... this is stupid Cheesy

yeah i noticed that on the block explorer around 8000 coins premining, why didnt they do this before launch
Moscut

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:38:48 PM

is mining btc gold profitable for 1080ti ? Its not listed on Whattomine  Huh
NameTaken

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:45:25 PM

http://www.btgpool.pro/ says 5000+ blocks remaining. How long is that going to take?
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:36:55 PM

Are there any standalone Bitcoin Gold wallets for PC/MAC/Linux like Electrum yet?

All I can find are smartphone or 3rd. party web wallets.
NameTaken

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:37:54 PM

Are there any standalone Bitcoin Gold wallets for PC/MAC/Linux like Electrum yet?

All I can find are smartphone or 3rd. party web wallets.

https://github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/releases
dndssc

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:49:50 PM

http://www.btgpool.pro/ says 5000+ blocks remaining. How long is that going to take?
4102 blocks left

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SodiumEx

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:50:20 PM

(4078 blocks left)
flip4flop

Merit: 135

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:13:50 PM

New plan. Pool will come up befor I go to sleep. Just enough time to ensure everything is running with no issues. Then after being asleep for 20 minutes I am sure there will be some pool or software issue that kick my connection out. Yay launch day!
Dovaogedys

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:15:52 PM

*FULL LIST OF NODES:* https://8n1.org/12321/b296
At the moment
brownfly

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:18:32 PM

Is it testnet or mainnet?

dndssc

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:19:36 PM

http://calc.btgpool.pro
Supposing to have a small rig with 2000sol/s of hashing power:
Network Difficulty   
Network Hashrate   
14.747 MSol/s
Exchange Rate (Bitfinex)   
$244.48 USD/BTG
0.0426 BTC/BTG
Electricity cost per day   
$0.00
Revenue per day   
$56.91
Profit per day   
$56.91

It's true??

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Dovaogedys

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:21:58 PM

You are on test net, because main net is sync.
Blockchain Height current value: 495882 / 499407 (3525 blocks left)

Mining will start in about 3 hours.  Grin
Dovaogedys

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:33:19 PM

http://calc.btgpool.pro
Supposing to have a small rig with 2000sol/s of hashing power:
Network Difficulty   
Network Hashrate   
14.747 MSol/s
Exchange Rate (Bitfinex)   
$244.48 USD/BTG
0.0426 BTC/BTG
Electricity cost per day   
$0.00
Revenue per day   
$56.91
Profit per day   
$56.91

It's true??

No, not really.  Huh
Since mainnet is not operative till next 3 hours, that calculation is pure fiction and far from real.
So I suggest you to relax and have a beer  Cool

btw Blockchain Height current value: 496157 / 499407 (3250 blocks left) (sync in progress)
brownfly

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:34:14 PM

yeah, we don't know what is unknown.

Moondoggie

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:40:48 PM

You are on test net, because main net is sync.
Blockchain Height current value: 495882 / 499407 (3525 blocks left)

Mining will start in about 3 hours.  Grin

Counting down!

Which pool is everybody liking?
Mining speed looks good to me
grosminer

Activity: 718

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:41:39 PM

Pool is currently waiting for BTG developers (scammers) pre-mine ending and will be up shortly!
Cryptozillah

Activity: 687

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:46:33 PM

ZEC: Stratum - Cannot connect to btg.suprnova.cc:8816
ZEC: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...

is this because we are still on testnet ?
brownfly

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:47:29 PM

who is going:
- keep mined BTG;
- sell mined BTG immediately?

grosminer

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:47:47 PM

Guess so.. still pre-mining
brownfly

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:47:57 PM

forget suprnova, it sucks.

akuci

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:48:01 PM

Scamcoin developers are still pre mining their part with our GPUs, and I'm glad Suprnova is not a part of it.
Cryptozillah

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:54:25 PM

Ok.

Is there a descent wallet out yet ?
I only found one that is not syncing
akuci

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:57:23 PM

Is there any open market to sell my coins right away?
ltcsprite

Activity: 269

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:57:45 PM

Ok.

Using coinomi wallet
Dovaogedys

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:03:17 PM

Ok.

Descent or not, hard to tell, but official list at moment is:

Or check fresh info on: https://bitcoin-gold.slack.com/messages/C6Z40G6E7/
Be warned, use only listed as official.

Hurry up, about 2,5 hours since real mining is starting.  Wink
Dovaogedys

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:10:01 PM

Is there any open market to sell my coins right away?

Check a list and trade:

Since price is going up and down, check before you sell, so you can make more $.
Cryptozillah

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:17:04 PM

Ok.

Descent or not, hard to tell, but official list at moment is:

Or check fresh info on: https://bitcoin-gold.slack.com/messages/C6Z40G6E7/
Be warned, use only listed as official.

Hurry up, about 2,5 hours since real mining is starting.  Wink
I grabbed the Coinomi wallet and have my miner working at bgmine right now. I hope it works because i am on my way to bed asap Smiley
fynxgloire

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:20:07 PM

The developers said we have to create a new wallet address on Coinomi   (or wherever ) after the blockchain is created in a few hours.  So the current coinomi address for bitcoin cash that you have right now will not work.
brownfly

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:21:32 PM

Really? Do you know how wallet address is created? It does not matter is main net is alive or not.

Cryptozillah

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:22:56 PM

The developers said we have to create a new wallet address on Coinomi   (or wherever ) after the blockchain is created in a few hours.  So the current coinomi address for bitcoin cash that you have right now will not work.
hmm ok.
I use the Coinomi android wallet right now just to get started.
I got a BTG wallet there anyway. I hope it work
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:25:33 PM

I'd just suggest using Coinomi and sending your coins there. It's not the most secure thing in the world but for temporary mining use it'll work, just make sure you use a secure password and you won't have any problems.
brownfly

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:44:35 PM

From my understanding you can just generate a wallet address (right now) with set of keys and send your coins there. After starting mainnet you can synchronize your wallet and import your keys.

brownfly

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:45:32 PM

btgpool.pro is down...

ltcsprite

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:46:09 PM

This launch has been a complete fucktard launch.

Coin++

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:59:34 PM

Still how many blocks ?
How do you know the current block number (the official explorer doesn't have it because blockchain is syncing).

My favorite faucets to earn real free bitcoins/satoshis : Moon BitCoin and Bit Fun.
You want some free AltCoins ? It's here : BCH (Bitcoin Cash) Moon BitCoinCash - DASH (Dash) Moon Dash - DOGE (DogeCoin) Moon DogeCoin - LTC (LiteCoin) Moon LiteCoin.
You want some free LBC (Lbry Credits) ? My LBC invite : Lbry.tv - LBC (Lbry Credits).
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 12:05:11 AM

Still how many blocks ?
How do you know the current block number (the official explorer doesn't have it because blockchain is syncing).

Yeah the block explorer doesn't work. Just my theory but they probably left it this way so people will already start mining not knowing that no mining rewards will be given until the devs make money of their silly little project. Extremely unprofessional is how these people work. A delayed launch, a large amount of premine, who knows what they will do next. One thing is for sure, this coin will be going down. It will be worth nothing.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
grosminer

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:19:27 AM

This launch has been a complete fucktard launch.

Lol right on
O$IRIS

Activity: 136

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:26:38 AM

What is the best (most efficient) hardware for mining BTG?
Moondoggie

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:33:10 AM

Nvidia cards.
brownfly

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:39:56 AM

1070 rules forever Wink

ltcsprite

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:42:38 AM

1070 rules forever Wink

The 1060 owns the 1070 in terms of watts per hash/s

Cheaper also.
jobitcoin2

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:54:55 AM

When on earth is this starting. It's only on block 494125 now
Moondoggie

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:56:40 AM

No idea, https://pool.miningspeed.com/ seems to be the only pool that doesnt keep going down that im watching
brownfly

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:02:22 AM

Cheaper also.
right. but for me it would mean less GPU per box so I had to built more rigs for the same hashpower and ROI would not be better.

brownfly

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:02:45 AM

> 2132 blocks left <

jobitcoin2

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:06:53 AM

Thanks its like 3am here  Wink
ltcsprite

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:08:00 AM

Cheaper also.
right. but for me it would mean less GPU per box so I had to built more rigs for the same hashpower and ROI would not be better.

For sure, goes both ways.   Less motherboards/PSU's, etc...  But if you're on a budget I like the 1060's and build up slowly.

Now i have like 30 of those fukers.

Wink
iTzShowTime

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:12:38 AM

here is heads up guys!!!!

btgpool is recording the block timer Cheesy its currently <1800>

http://btgpool.pro/index.php
jobitcoin2

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:16:34 AM

Tx dude but btgpool down for me Cry
brownfly

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:18:24 AM

btgpool is recording the block timer Cheesy its currently <100>

what?
> 1848 blocks left <

iTzShowTime

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:20:50 AM

btgpool is recording the block timer Cheesy its currently <100>

what?
> 1848 blocks left <

when that 1800 number runs out and hits 0 the main net is live and all pools will be mining you BTG
jobitcoin2

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:23:32 AM

Thanks mate reboot solved issue
akuci

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:28:09 AM

Down again.
brownfly

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:29:09 AM

btgpool is down again...

Moondoggie

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:31:27 AM

Everything seems to be going down far too often  Angry
br1mcoin

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:51:20 AM

Everything seems to be going down far too often  Angry

Yes, very frustrating to be honest.
all pool are offline.

br1mcoin

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:54:54 AM

1070 rules forever Wink

no such thing mate. Please don't go overboard with such statement.

There will be no cards that rules forever. We have many cards, previously GeForce GTX 750 Ti was regarded best card forever (yeah, right!)

Currently best GPU is 1080ti.

brownfly

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:57:05 AM

Sense of humour gone?

Steffosn

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:01:36 AM

Is there any exchanges that accepts btg deposits? I checked bitfinex, but can't find a deposit adress there.
flip4flop

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:02:38 AM

Almost time for another crash or delay!
TigTex

Activity: 55
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:57:49 AM

Here we go  Wink

.::. TigTex .::.
Good luck! Have a nice hash
brownfly

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:59:47 AM

not clear is the pool connected to main met or now. At least the wallet does not see peers yet....

somewhan

Activity: 130

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:07:11 AM

don't jinx it please  Grin
Moondoggie

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:08:45 AM

don't jinx it please  Grin

Can't load the pool page, but seems to be hashing ok in the miner
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:12:30 AM

Finally seem to be up and mining here:  https://btg.minertopia.org/workers

Seems like a smooth connection and I'm not sure where the servers are located.  Based on the current bitcoin gold price and "luck" reported this seems to be not much different than zcash mining and that could get worse if the new coins mined get sold.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
brownfly

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:17:32 AM

thank you, it works for me. Let's see how it is going...

brownfly

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:28:02 AM

GawQ1yu7nRE17rHvTGAq2wu1WHAChCLdgW - looks like a big farm: 13 MSol/s

Moondoggie

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:30:41 AM

GawQ1yu7nRE17rHvTGAq2wu1WHAChCLdgW - looks like a big farm: 13 MSol/s

Probably a nicehash contract?
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:11:02 AM

Where can I got to generate and address to mine into? Most of these pools expect you to already have a wallet address as the username.

I do have bgoldd  installed on the computer I am going to test mining on, but I couldn't workout how to generate a wallet address at the command line. Didn't install the GUI.
rkrams

Activity: 115

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:14:17 AM

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.guarda.btc

https://coinomi.com/
Cryptozillah

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:21:04 AM

Btgmine.org still on testnet ?

"Mining is coming soon... Previously comunicated date was inccorect.
Appologies for confusion...
This was OUR fault and we take responsibility for misleading all of you."
ycs

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:29:22 AM

thank you, it works for me. Let's see how it is going...
whats the payment threshold for minertopia?
br1mcoin

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:59:06 AM

been mining here, but no share sent, very unfortunate.

http://btgpool.pro

bmartin44

Activity: 85

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:03:17 AM

been mining here, but no share sent, very unfortunate.

http://btgpool.pro

Why no share sent? I'm at suprnova, although I did not withdraw anything yet but it seems like working great.

fynxgloire

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:13:52 AM

guys here is some advice,
you don't need a wallet to mine on supernova, I am mining there right now!
Go for it and create your workers.

Although I am not entirely sure how we will get paid, researching that now
ben8jam

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:16:18 AM

Both minertopia and btgpool seem to just be down...

Any GPUs run crazy hot with Zecminer (claymore ubuntu)
Moondoggie

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:23:23 AM

Any GPUs run crazy hot with Zecminer (claymore ubuntu)

So i'be got no connections on the QT wallet, any idea how to get some?

Thanks
DarioKe

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 05:33:42 AM

Looks like there's only one main node at present as the full wallet on PC had only one connection and catching up 8 yrs 43 weeks  Lips sealed Grin

Doesn't seem to be a bulk file to download anywhere to catch up either. Was thinking as it's a BTC fork maybe the BTC wallet data may be the same tho tried that on a different PC and either I missed a step or it just didn't like the BTC data and started from scratch anyway.

They say that public mining is starting from block 499407 so that maybe a little while off yet as they are premining blocks 491408 to 499406 then - hopefully that catches up quick tho.

Guess mining ZEC it is then till we catch up ! Maybe my wallet will have finished catch up by then also - Yay for fibre broadband with unlimited data plans ! Cheesy
brownfly

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:35:49 AM

bad... minertopia owes some balance to me.

ben8jam

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:40:15 AM

Yup neither working - DOS?
Alalex

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:52:38 AM

In this mining pool all can without costing anything to mine the bitcoin gold in mining. Initial miners will definitely generate a large sum of money.

blackhorse7

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 05:55:38 AM

Has anyone working wallet? Coinomi displays old block and not refreshing, other I tested from official site download dont have btg addresses, BTG core people reporting that is syncing for 8 days.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:01:27 AM

Has anyone working wallet? Coinomi displays old block and not refreshing, other I tested from official site download dont have btg addresses, BTG core people reporting that is syncing for 8 days.

Everything is still syncing everywhere as this stuff just went live -- I suspect Coinomi is going to take a couple of days to get caught up so my advice is to not try and transact anything until they are caught up.
blackhorse7

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 06:02:50 AM

But can I mine to this wallet address?
betiteh0777

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:03:32 AM

Hi! I am mining using Cionomi wallet on my android phone, with two 1080ti at the official pool https://mine.pool.gold and excavator works fine, pool has not been offline for a while now - seems stable now, I have accepted lots of sheers, so why I cant see my worker's stats online? Very frustrating though....... 

ben8jam

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:03:57 AM

I made one at btgwallet.online and when Minertopia was working for like 10 seconds - it showed it as working worker address (not that I ever got a payout though).
Eyedol-X

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:04:26 AM

But can I mine to this wallet address?

I wouldn't trust the receive address coinomi shows until they show that they are live since it could be a testnet address.

If you use Suprnova BTG pool you can mine there and set no payout until everything else catches up.
Moondoggie

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:04:48 AM

Is there a way to check if the address from https://btgwallet.online/ is working?
I've mined a fair bit there already :/
ben8jam

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:07:44 AM

Is there a way to check if the address from https://btgwallet.online/ is working?

Working how - have they paid out to that address?

They have a verify view: https://btgwallet.online/#verify

Which pool are you using?
Moondoggie

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:13:26 AM

Working how - have they paid out to that address?

They have a verify view: https://btgwallet.online/#verify

Which pool are you using?

Thanks for the response.
I'm using the official pool and it has paid out to that address yes. Sorry for the lack of knowledge.
I used verify on the 'pubkey' and it came back with "The above public key has been encoded to its address".
And if I put in the WIF key it came back with a new address, a longer public key, and a different format private key.
blackhorse7

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 06:15:54 AM

Now they talk on telegram that chain was splitted, and the last working pool suprnova is going on wrong chain
NameTaken

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:17:15 AM

Bitcoin Gold (BTG) mainnet has been splited in 2 different chains! All pools have a problems with block confirmations.
We are resolving issue now with developers!
http://btgpool.pro/

Due to issues with the block chain we are suspending mining till all things get sorted out.
Until we feel confident that the Bitcoin Gold System is working 100% we are suspending mining for now.
All our current blocks mined where orphaned blocks.
We will resume normal operations once everything has settled. Thank you for understanding.
https://gpugold.com/
ben8jam

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:30:27 AM

Well shizzle that was quick tumble.

What about the pool.gold? It's happily taking my hash lol
Moondoggie

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:31:27 AM

Well shizzle that was quick tumble.

What about the pool.gold? It's happily taking my hash lol

That's where I am, hope all's ok
Eyedol-X

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:32:58 AM

It looks like several pools are on wrong chain from what's being said currently.

I'd recommend proceeding with caution, especially if you are buying hash power right now.
iTzShowTime

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:43:09 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2017, 06:54:11 AM by iTzShowTime

From there Twitter

https://twitter.com/SuprnovaPools/status/929958628584493056

supr nova‏ @SuprnovaPools

So it looks like the Devs of @bitcoingold decided that Suprnova is on "the wrong fork" and
their pool is on the right one. If this is true, all mining done on suprnova was worthless
and despite it's the longer chain, it's the wrong one and I need to resync the pool
10:26 PM - 12 Nov 2017
Moondoggie

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:50:46 AM

From there Twitter

So it looks like the Devs of @bitcoingold decided that Suprnova is on "the wrong fork" and their pool is on the right one. If this is true, all mining done on suprnova was worthless and despite it's the longer chain, it's the wrong one and I need to resync the pool

Could be something up with pool.gold also. Taking the hash but remaining at 0 shares and not increasing any values.
ben8jam

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:53:11 AM

From there Twitter

So it looks like the Devs of @bitcoingold decided that Suprnova is on "the wrong fork" and their pool is on the right one. If this is true, all mining done on suprnova was worthless and despite it's the longer chain, it's the wrong one and I need to resync the pool

Could be something up with pool.gold also. Taking the hash but remaining at 0 shares and not increasing any values.

My share count dropped in half. I'm not sure why I'm still putting any mining effort there.

[EDIT] I take that back it dropped from 100 shares to 50 and now to 15... wow.. oops
iTzShowTime

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:00:31 AM

Bitcoin Gold "h4x3rotab" -Lead Developer just tweeted out that SuprNova chain IS 100% correct
we are back online Cheesy
Moondoggie

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:03:52 AM

Bitcoin Gold "h4x3rotab" -Lead Developer just tweeted out that SuprNova chain IS 100% correct

What a muck up this has been, if they're saying their official pool went down the wrong chain xD
ben8jam

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:09:17 AM

How many shares equate to BTG? Curious when I'll get my first .01BTG payout.
iTzShowTime

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:21:56 AM

How many shares equate to BTG? Curious when I'll get my first .01BTG payout.

i think its around 1.1k share = .01 btg
how did i get those numbers i have been mining for
around 4 hours so far on a gtx 1070 oc doing around 465-480/sol.

fynxgloire

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:24:42 AM

What a muck up this has been, if they're saying their official pool went down the wrong chain xD

That is incorrect:
"So it seems the dev's reconsidered... And the chain is valid..."
Cryptozillah

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:30:10 AM

That is incorrect:
They dont want to look as the fuckups they really are ?
ben8jam

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:31:26 AM

My share count on pool.gold flucuates between 15 shares and 400 shares on every refresh. Not holding my breath here.
dukemc

Activity: 431

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:33:06 AM

The Bitcoin Gold Blockchain was splitted in two different chains. Mining is not safe at the moment i think on any other pool then pool.gold..... thats bad
fynxgloire

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:33:38 AM

That is incorrect:

Well actually the real messed up ones are Bitcoin Gold developers.
I am not sure, seems like coinomi is messed up also look what they said on twitter:
"coinomi‏ @CoinomiWallet 8h8 hours ago
The Bitcoin Gold team is currently having difficulties bootstrapping the $BTG blockchain. Once these issues are resolved, #BitcoinGold  will become available to all #Coinomi users who will then be able to store, send, receive and trade their BTG without any further action."
Moondoggie

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:42:12 AM

That is incorrect:

I am not sure, seems like coinomi is messed up also look what they said on twitter:
The Bitcoin Gold team is currently having difficulties bootstrapping the $BTG blockchain. Once these issues are resolved, #BitcoinGold  will become available to all #Coinomi users who will then be able to store, send, receive and trade their BTG without any further action."

They should just wind it all back, start again and not mess it up this time
ben8jam

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:46:04 AM

I created my wallet at https://btgwallet.online

Is it possible this is invalid? Looking at https://btgexp.com/search

It says it's not a valid address...

hmm?Huh
Moondoggie

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:47:17 AM

hmm?Huh

That’s what worried me
bitfools

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:47:56 AM

i have been solo mining like mad since the 'launder' I mean launch, 12 hours ago,

Great to hear that everyone is going down the wrong path, I rolled by own block-chain, and I know its correct and my miner's are cracking out shares on the proxies at 1ms, unlike the 500ms on btg.suprnova.cc

The other pool.gold is seriously fucked and that btgpool.pro, they don't even know what block's they're on,

I tried them all, and I'm sticking with solo, until its completely worthless.

What R they going to do unwind shit back to the 'fork' or post pre-mine?

The problem is the DEV's never worked with anybody, they kept it all a secret, how to mine, how to do solo, how to proxy,

The worst is "HOW TO DOWNLOAD the fucking block-chain, fuck a book could be written on the arcane magic tricks required'

The solo mining I got all mine working two weeks ago, sure glad I did I didn't have to fuck with any of the proxy's or miners, they were all tested, the only problem was getting a good block chain 100% finished so I could 'getblocktemplate' and start up my proxy's and miners.
bitfools

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:51:33 AM

hmm?Huh

That’s what worried me

Let me tell U all a little secret, if the website say's BTG*.* its all part of the scam, the only honest ppl at this party is btg.suprnova.cc

What creeps me out about these online walllets is they offer the 'brain-wallet', GREAT I love that shit, soon as my solo-mining is no longer worth my while I'm pulling out my brainflayer, I have already written a BTG block-parser, so it will take about 5 minutes of python to get all the G addresses with value, I build my chain with tx so I got all the balances on everybody, then off to my brain flayer and my 200gb rain-bow table and going to be mining me some g-address,

Just got to love all this easy money Smiley
bitfools

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:56:11 AM

hmm?Huh

That’s what worried me

The explorer has never worked in the past 3 weeks, pool.gold was never validating addresses, should be interesting to go back to btg.suprnova.cc and enter a shit address and see if they take it,If you look at btgpool.pro you will see guys mining at 200k sols with addresses like 'GX', these fools don't have a clue that all thier hash is going to the house, a good pool would kill the cmd-line, but not these assholes running BTG infrastructure they're counting on idiots, easy money ...

Just wait until people start transferring money, if no address validation, it means the newbies don't even get their hands held.

Easy come easy go.

I bitched like hell 4 weeks ago at github.com/btcgpu about the lack of verification,they told me to fuck off, they didn't care then, and they don't care now. These aren't normal people running this shit, these are criminals.
fynxgloire

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:58:00 AM

i have been solo mining like mad since the 'launder' I mean launch, 12 hours ago,

Great to hear that everyone is going down the wrong path, I rolled by own block-chain, and I know its correct and my miner's are cracking out shares on the proxies at 1ms, unlike the 500ms on btg.suprnova.cc

The other pool.gold is seriously fucked and that btgpool.pro, they don't even know what block's they're on,

I tried them all, and I'm sticking with solo, until its completely worthless.

What R they going to do unwind shit back to the 'fork' or post pre-mine?

The problem is the DEV's never worked with anybody, they kept it all a secret, how to mine, how to do solo, how to proxy,

The worst is "HOW TO DOWNLOAD the fucking block-chain, fuck a book could be written on the arcane magic tricks required'

The solo mining I got all mine working two weeks ago, sure glad I did I didn't have to fuck with any of the proxy's or miners, they were all tested, the only problem was getting a good block chain 100% finished so I could 'getblocktemplate' and start up my proxy's and miners.

Can you shed some light as to how you are solo mining?
Also what wallet are you currently using?

Regards
bytiges

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:30:30 AM

This is a real mess. Suprnova is the longest chain, but it has 100% of hashrate for it's chain. I.e. it's not syncing to any other nodes (from their own stats).

I think I'll not mine at all until we have clarity on where to mine, actually. Even solo mining on any chain now is a risk because you never know which will be declared official.

I've been mining on the official pool, but it has not released any payments and my shares have not been increasing for a few hours now.

I suggest everybody plays it safe at this point.
iTzShowTime

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:30:51 AM

Suprnova just came back online go check it out here is what they said

Suprnova's BTGCoin (BitcoinGold) Pool // Algo: equihash // Payout Scheme: PPLNS // LIVE !

Pool is now up and running fine, some minor corrections (Stats/Hashrate/Slow frontend) will be done when dust settles, it's all good.

Be aware that there's currently a chain-split happening and suprnova's chain could be "declared" as the wrong chain by the dev-team. However, it's the longest chain so usually it should be okay, it's advisable to not invest in mining until the devs give out an official statement. (Watch Twitter)
UPDATE: It seems our chain is correct.

Stratum-PORT IS: stratum+tcp://btg.suprnova.cc:8816 Nicehash: 8862
fynxgloire

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:59:38 AM

Update on Coinomi:

coinomi‏ @CoinomiWallet 47m
47 minutes ago
 Update: $BTG is still syncing, 60K blocks to go, in the meantime you can send your coins to Coinomi, you will have full access to them once the blockchain is fully synced. #BitcoinGold #BTG
Tadzka

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:05:13 PM

I have almost 4k valid shares in my miner, but my suprnova balance: Confirmed: 0.0145 BTG

dafuq Huh

br1mcoin

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:32:12 PM

My share count on pool.gold flucuates between 15 shares and 400 shares on every refresh. Not holding my breath here.

yup, something weird ongoing.

we are stopping all our mining on BTG, until the mess is cleared up

andersh

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:53:01 PM

So Coinomi still showing that BTG blockchain not launched and pool.gold look incompetent at best (scam at worst). Any recommendations on a trustworthy wallet and pool that does work for BTG?
jobitcoin2

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:03:06 PM

mine to suprnova.cc seems to be working now.

This too
https://btgwallet.online/#newAddress
RobRoy

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:05:44 PM

http://pool.coinminer.space:8090/stats

come on miners..
dynamicseruma

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:06:44 PM

Anyone able to give us a guide to solo mining this shit?
brownfly

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:13:12 PM

what a mess...
some pools are down, some empty, some work but provide no feedback Sad

DarioKe

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 01:14:59 PM

Trying to download their app tells me their app is still in development. Huh

Have 2 NVidia 1060 GPUS tho the Nvidia miner that the pools all link to says that it can't find any devices to use.

Gave up trying to tweak things so staying with Mining ETH for now !  Undecided
andersh

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:30:42 PM

Yes, what a mess indeed. I rather suspect that everything I've mined up to now will come to nothing.

Thanks for recommendations. Generated a new wallet on https://btgwallet.online/#newAddress

The captcha on makes logging in a 3 minute process supernova.cc

On the BTG slack channel, they seem to be recommending http://btgpool.pro/ Anyone tried this?
brownfly

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:40:28 PM

On the BTG slack channel, they seem to be recommending http://btgpool.pro/ Anyone tried this?
yes, so far it is the only pool that paid to me (at least if the block explorer does not lie).
btgmine.org is a mystery: they accept workers, but they did not pay anything so far and did not update their site, so either the still use testnet or scam miners.

flip4flop

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:47:24 PM

So is suprnova safe?  I see the non official claim that everything is good but I have no idea who to believe at this point. How hard is it to get an official confirmation? What pools are the ones that are screwed and which pools are okay?  Seems silly to keep mining at this point but I going to keep going down the toilet bowl and hope all my suprnova earnings won’t dissapear.
dndssc

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:50:55 PM

the total hash is already too high for a decent profit? Network Hashrate 93.57 MSol/s now

akuci

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:58:55 PM

the total hash is already too high for a decent profit? Network Hashrate 93.57 MSol/s now
Yup, I just got off BTG. The first hour or 2 was really good profit, everything beyond that is just waste. Go back to your default coin.
For example, in the first hour of BTG mining, I was getting like 7$ for a single 1060 I left on NH for equihash. People just went crazy on renting hash power for BTG.
Marvell2

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:33:57 PM

where are all these SOLs comming from ? no other  equihash coin has dropped hash rate to correspond with the BTG fork i dont get it
Jarixx

Activity: 74

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:40:01 PM

what a mess...
some pools are down, some empty, some work but provide no feedback Sad

Hehe total carnage. This is the most sloppiest whatever you want to call it.
But if you can pull some money out of it, why not.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:18:12 PM

This is the most sloppiest whatever you want to call it.

Hear hear!!
br1mcoin

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:37:35 PM

Yup, I just got off BTG. The first hour or 2 was really good profit, everything beyond that is just waste. Go back to your default coin.
For example, in the first hour of BTG mining, I was getting like 7$ for a single 1060 I left on NH for equihash. People just went crazy on renting hash power for BTG.

listen to this guys.

With network hashrate at 6.3 million - better u goes back mining Zcash or other coins.
We tested many pools, non so far favorable. all have some sort of problem.
Missing hash rate, low hashing, share not accepted/rejected, incorrect reading at pool despite running over 10 hours.

ben8jam

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:59:33 PM

Claymore is all green share found for me. Just six AMDs. 62 shares in 7 mins.

No idea if that's good or not - but I like looking at all the green lines! Smiley
wishxy

Activity: 474

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 05:09:59 PM

There is topic about BTG mining calculator.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2312987

BTG mining calculator.
Coin++

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:51:13 PM

So is suprnova safe?  I see the non official claim that everything is good but I have no idea who to believe at this point. How hard is it to get an official confirmation? What pools are the ones that are screwed and which pools are okay?  Seems silly to keep mining at this point but I going to keep going down the toilet bowl and hope all my suprnova earnings won’t dissapear.
Just a (big) issue with SupNova (even other pools ?) : 0 block confirmed since the begining this morning.
The shares are ok but reward and fees from each block is "unconfirmed" (orange/yellow) since this morning.
What is it ? Will there confirmed one day ? Today ? When ?

Alubert

Activity: 164

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:58:42 PM

That is very high. It is almost 1/3 of ZEC hash rate.
keki79

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:14:42 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2017, 06:28:26 PM by keki79

Mining more than hour with 1.3KSol/s on pool.gold, Shares: 613.6 and balance still 0.00 Huh

1.32 KSol/s (Now)
 1.13 KSol/s (Avg)
 Diff: 21005
 Shares: 782.84
 Luck 145.506 Days
 Bal: 0
 Paid: 0
brownfly

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:58:25 PM

back to "normal" altcoins from this scam  Cheesy
Really disappointed with BTG pools.

tonante

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:03:13 PM

bitcoingold.miningpoolitalia.it work fine
ssl port
ssl://bitcoingold.miningpoolitalia.it:3857
normal port:
bitcoingold.miningpoolitalia.it:3858
pplns system only 0.5% fee
Dovaogedys

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:10:58 PM

Its a mess, thats for sure. Lost 2 days to get balance of 0,01 BTG for hashing power of 16Ksol/s.
I am so pissed  Angry
betiteh0777

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:21:50 PM

Why I am unable to view my worker stats online? I've tried few different pools same thing 3000sols/second no stats....
brownfly

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:25:05 PM

Maybe because you loaned your hash power for free?

fynxgloire

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:56:04 PM

I have been on supernova for past 12 hours so far the total earnings are:
0.06231782 BTG
this is with 4K Sol/s

Not bad i guess, but the problem with their site is I cannot even see numbers on my dashboard, seems like they fancy graphics instead of just plain text, so I cannot see my confirmed and unconfirmed totals.
ben8jam

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:10:32 PM

I have been on supernova for past 12 hours so far the total earnings are:
0.06231782 BTG
this is with 4K Sol/s

Not bad i guess, but the problem with their site is I cannot even see numbers on my dashboard, seems like they fancy graphics instead of just plain text, so I cannot see my confirmed and unconfirmed totals.

Yeh i do not understand their dashboard. Unconfirmed, round, yada...

Mining for 5 hrs with ~3200 sol/s - but I don't even know what I've done. Unconfirmed = .0139 BTG
Moondoggie

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:22:12 PM

I jumped off suprnova / btg
Some reason past hour earnings were showing as 0.
The coins been too much of a disaster.
Bigf00t

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:24:28 PM

I am switching back to BTCZ. Much better project and rewards.
Vokas123

Activity: 73

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:24:20 PM

Been mining this from the beginning, had 3 backup pools in the config, all have failed at least 3 times today. Each. A mess to say the least.  Undecided
Tsiliteam

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:37:33 PM

When it's online Bitcoin gold?
flip4flop

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:41:26 PM

It has been online now for almost 20 hours.  While there was a little confusion over which chain was the correct one everything seems to be working fine.  I have been mining on Suprnova since the blockchain synched with no issues.  While profit has decreased due to difficulty rising over the past day it still is by far the most profitable coin to mine for me right now.  Cashing out is a different problem as I have yet to find an exchange where  can actually sell my coins.
Bitcoin-oasis

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:48:29 PM

except for mining bitcoins, you can also invest in our Doubler site!

We are a new start up in the field of investments.We already have over ten transactions
Nine succesful and yet only one failed/refunded.Visit our website at https://bitcoins-oasis.com/ to check our plans and contact us for further info at our site's forum!

Bitcoin is the most widespread kind of making money in different ways! Our purpose is to help people make money along with us! With lots of time investigating this field we did our first step into making our very own DOUBLER SITE with 130-250% of profit from 3-7 days. There is also a LIVE investment progress to check if your investment is ready to be collected!

Thanks in advance,
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:06:39 AM

It has been online now for almost 20 hours.  While there was a little confusion over which chain was the correct one everything seems to be working fine.  I have been mining on Suprnova since the blockchain synched with no issues.  While profit has decreased due to difficulty rising over the past day it still is by far the most profitable coin to mine for me right now.  Cashing out is a different problem as I have yet to find an exchange where  can actually sell my coins.

Yep, this summarizes the situation for me as well. I've had a few personal GPUs pointed at Suprnova since it went live and I have not had any issues at all. I'm just waiting for a reputable exchange to open a wallet for deposit.... hopefully that will happen soon.
Eyedol-X

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:15:47 AM

Yep, this summarizes the situation for me as well. I've had a few personal GPUs pointed at Suprnova since it went live and I have not had any issues at all. I'm just waiting for a reputable exchange to open a wallet for deposit.... hopefully that will happen soon.

No issues with Suprnova here either as far as earnings go, it takes a while for earnings to confirm because of the network design. The only "issue" I have seen is the reporting of hashrate is laggy but that's expected or at least I expect it to be an issue for the first few days.

fynxgloire

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:07:30 AM

One question what does "Round earnings est:" mean on the suprnova Dashboard settings site?
Is that the number of coins estimated to be earned per day?

Regards
fynxgloire

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:45:02 AM

This does not look good:
https://www.bitsonline.com/bitcoin-gold-scam-btg/

"Coinbase, Bittrex Refuse to Support BTG

Two of the world’s most dominant crypto exchanges—Coinbase and Bittrex—have officially come out against supporting the Bitcoin Gold fork.

Coinbase is standing their ground as the BTG devs refuse to release the BTG code, which is a huge “red flag” for Coinbase’s compliance officers.

Bittrex—the 3rd largest exchange in the world—is refusing along similar lines:

“At this time, the information and codebase presented by the Bitcoin Gold team is not in a functional state and Bittrex will not commit to opening a Bitcoin Gold trading market.”
drzed

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:10:41 AM

This does not look good:

Two of the world’s most dominant crypto exchanges—Coinbase and Bittrex—have officially come out against supporting the Bitcoin Gold fork.

Coinbase is standing their ground as the BTG devs refuse to release the BTG code, which is a huge “red flag” for Coinbase’s compliance officers.

“At this time, the information and codebase presented by the Bitcoin Gold team is not in a functional state and Bittrex will not commit to opening a Bitcoin Gold trading market.”

Hopefully everone will now stop mining this shitcoin and it will die and these people won't make anything from their crappy pre-mine. I'm still pissed pver the 8 hours I spent mining this for sod all.
jwtje

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:22:37 AM

I have been mining on btgpool.pro and pool gold. Pool gold had no payment 8 hours of wasted mining. btgpool.pro was beter i recieved one payment on my coinomi account. i stopped mining because i didnt see any change in my immature or pending balance at btgpool.pro. Now half a day later i see my pending balance increasing and im not mining. I think because of this everyone is getting nervous. I will wait few more hours to see if pending balance will reach payout if it does i will continue if not i will stick to my zcash
shibob

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 11:16:42 AM

I have been mining on btgpool.pro and pool gold. Pool gold had no payment 8 hours of wasted mining. btgpool.pro was beter i recieved one payment on my coinomi account. i stopped mining because i didnt see any change in my immature or pending balance at btgpool.pro. Now half a day later i see my pending balance increasing and im not mining. I think because of this everyone is getting nervous. I will wait few more hours to see if pending balance will reach payout if it does i will continue if not i will stick to my zcash

I used coinomi address as well but it looks like the payment will not be finished, the balance in pool.gold is 0 now. Actually, I quit mining BTG already.
brownfly

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:42:07 PM

Stop supporting this shit!
Recent altcoins had much better start and more support from Devs like VIVO for example.

Pumperdumper

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:37:33 PM

Recent altcoins had much better start and more support from Devs like VIVO for example.

Someone is salty they missed the pump  Smiley Wink

BTG was golden for me - got in when it was $170 and got out at $500

RIP BTG - the best Bitcoin that never was....
Ventureum

Activity: 61

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:01:58 PM

I agree with you to some extent.

Ventureum – Milestone-Driven Community-Governed Crowdfunding Protocol  |   Twitter  |   Facebook
NilsDacke

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:11:24 PM

Why was a separate version of the EWBF miner released for this coin? Isn't it the same Equihash algo as the others?
binkyj357

Activity: 103

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:53:47 PM

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but HitBTC finally let me generate an address. For those who still care lol.
brownfly

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:54:12 PM

Yes and no. Yes - since I did not see personal gain. No - since you can clearly see that new BTG did not bring too much new on comparison to other altcoins and even less. So why this hype ever exists? Only because everybody is greedy and saw it as nice opportunity to get free money.
And yes I am greedy  too Wink

blackhorse7

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:45:46 PM

Interesting news:
"Looks like StarbugBG (Martin Kuvandzhiev) snuck a little easter egg in form of a hidden 0.5% fee directly paid to his wallet via coinbase tx into the pool code he suggested everyone to use:  https://github.com/StarbuckBG/node-stratum-pool/blob/master/lib/pool.js#L267"
br1mcoin

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:06:14 PM

I used coinomi address as well but it looks like the payment will not be finished, the balance in pool.gold is 0 now. Actually, I quit mining BTG already.

we did the same. It was a bit of hype, and most pool are not ready.
should do more testing.

cheaper to buy on dips.

WaveFront

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:30:27 PM

Why was a separate version of the EWBF miner released for this coin? Isn't it the same Equihash algo as the others?

I mined BTG using the vanilla EWBF (the same that I use for Zcash) and it worked.
WaveFront

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:38:33 PM

This does not look good:

This is old news. The BTG code has been released to the public, nevertheless it's a bit "too little, too late". The credibility of the project has already been hit.

I would summarize the whole project with "BGT: good idea, disasterous implementation"
br1mcoin

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:19:15 AM

I mined BTG using the vanilla EWBF (the same that I use for Zcash) and it worked.

yes, that original ZCASH Nvidia miner working just fine.

Kstudio

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:30:28 AM

offtopic perhaps. is there anywhere we can sell our btg from the snapshot?
Pumperdumper

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:27:55 PM

Yes and no. Yes - since I did not see personal gain. No - since you can clearly see that new BTG did not bring too much new on comparison to other altcoins and even less. So why this hype ever exists? Only because everybody is greedy and saw it as nice opportunity to get free money.
And yes I am greedy  too Wink

Yeah - but in reality what does BTC offer that for example - Vertcoin doesn't?

Vertcoin is actually way faster than BTC.

BTC has only gotten to this point because it got such a nice pump - that it's taking it a while to come down.

There are only 2-3 coins that offer something new and innovative and practical and are moving forward.

BTC / LTC / ETH / BCH / BTG / ETC and 99% of the other coins - are in reality, all the same.

By the way - expect another pump on BTG once it goes back and settles under $120. It's at $35 million cap right now which is $6 million less than last night and about $21 more than what it was before the pump.
Elder III

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:39:02 PM

offtopic perhaps. is there anywhere we can sell our btg from the snapshot?

HitBTC has deposits and withdrawals now. I think Binance is open for trading now as well, but I'm not 100% sure since I have not tried it myself. There may be other exchanges as well at this time.
sangwookie

Activity: 168

Put it all on the line and go for broke

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:08:57 PM

Ok after reading through this I have learned:
1: it’s not safe to retrieve your coins because of possible replay attacks and much worse
2: the developers are a mess and they launched a non-working product
3: mining is impossible
4: wallets don’t work
5: we shouldn’t trust this coin

Anything I miss?

Thanks

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
binkyj357

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:36:29 PM

Ok after reading through this I have learned:
1: it’s not safe to retrieve your coins because of possible replay attacks and much worse
2: the developers are a mess and they launched a non-working product
3: mining is impossible
4: wallets don’t work
5: we shouldn’t trust this coin

Anything I miss?

Thanks

Slight exaggeration. Slight.
lucianus_luciferus

Activity: 336

nothing is lost if you don't lose yourself

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 12:11:48 AM

i was thinking of trying to mine this coin but after reading this thread... no way  Grin

binkyj357

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:04:26 AM

i was thinking of trying to mine this coin but after reading this thread... no way  Grin

Aww, come on lol. I mean, this has been so hilarious I haven't even bothered to point my rig back @ XMR. Reading this thread alone has been worth hangin' in there another day or two.
brownfly

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:35:51 AM

BTC / LTC / ETH / BCH / BTG / ETC and 99% of the other coins - are in reality, all the same.

ETH = BTC? Really?!  Grin

Sawadee

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:38:27 AM

getting the first conf´s on btg.suprnova this morning
bitfools

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:45:30 AM

Its malware, they're putting in code that sends the dev's a cut of the miners work, just like the bgoldd daemon, code was found that sends a cut to dev's when blocks are found

All code assoicated with BTG is MALWARE

Only run code as source that U have actually inspected

The give away proxy's for BTG are also malware and send a cut ( maybe all ) to the dev's
stevanprice

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:40:07 AM

Thanks in advance!
to be honest I also just know about this mining, but from some articles that I read there mention that there are several ways that one can use one with cpu. well I am also confused here how to use it how? while I am a person who does not master computer. please also if you can explain in more detail or there may be manuals. thank you
Royhan25

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:17:05 AM

Pool will come up befor I go to sleep. Just enough time to ensure everything is running with no issues. Then after being asleep for 20 minutes I am sure there will be some pool or software issue that kick my connection out. Yay launch day Grin
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:23:26 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 09:56:38 AM by toptek

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but HitBTC finally let me generate an address. For those who still care lol.

changenow will let you trade BTG an does the same thing ShapeShift does but does it better ....

changenow: https://changenow.io/?utm_source=btgexplorer&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=change_btg
ShapeShift : https://shapeshift.io/#/coins  plus ShapeShift  doesn't trade BTG yet ..

I changed mine to BCH .... and gonna keep mining BTG for now

The best pool i found so far for BTG mining

https://gpool.guru

There set up some thing like slushpool as far as seeing what you mine and are paid in looks or do it some thing like slushpool does it for BTC and ZEC mining.

https://slushpool.com  

so far the pool seems stable and the Pool operator's are honest ...

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Cuzzle

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:34:19 PM

same here, too many great alt coins that I have more confidence in. I will pass on bitcoin gold...for now
Pumperdumper

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:16:02 PM

ETH = BTC? Really?!  Grin

Other than smart contracts - what has ETH brought to the table that provides value? Actual value that brings companies to the table to invest??

There is nothing of tangible value to any of the coins I listed above. The whole purpose of blockchain/tangle is to verify and send data in an efficient and timely manner.

The only one that is kinda accomplishing this is LTC because it goes through within 20 minutes. ETH takes forever and so does BTC so they absolutely fail in their design and are over valued.

BTG may be a crap coin - but it has one advantage over BTC and that's the fee cost. Same with BCH.
brownfly

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:20:47 PM

Other than smart contracts - what has ETH brought to the table that provides value? Actual value that brings companies to the table to invest??
what is actual value if fiat currency that all we like?

Pumperdumper

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:04:09 PM

The GDP of the country from which the fiat currency originates from?Huh

LOL

How dumb is that question - a fiat currency is based on the local population that goes out and works, provides a service or product, puts the product or service into the market and attempts to make a profit. Also albeit a small percentage is from outside countries holding that fiat currency in reserve - AKA the US dollar is held in multiple countries as a reserve currency to provide security in case the local fiat currency loses value.

If tomorrow the CC bubble bursts - there would be only 3-5 coins that would be able to liquidate their property to cover the losses incurred by investors.

What does BTC have to offer that would cover it's investors? Does it own buildings? Does it own technology that is patented that it could sell off? Does it own land?

BTC / ETH / LTC / BCH / BTG have nothing that they can liquidate to cover losses. It is pure SPECULATION at this point.

Maybe tomorrow BTC buys up land and builds malls and introduces a payment gateway - that would build confidence and provide something tangible. But nope - BTC just wants to be the next gold standard.

And you guys think BTC is different than BTC or BCH or that ETH is somehow different than BTC

LOLOLOLOLOL

I love it tho - your guys's speculations provide volatility in the market which creates so many opportunities to make money.
brownfly

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:46:31 PM

Hmm... Have you ever heard about trust? It is what gives currency its value. People's trust.

WaveFront

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:50:43 AM

LOL

How dumb is that question - a fiat currency is based on the local population that goes out and works, provides a service or product, puts the product or service into the market and attempts to make a profit. Also albeit a small percentage is from outside countries holding that fiat currency in reserve - AKA the US dollar is held in multiple countries as a reserve currency to provide security in case the local fiat currency loses value.

If tomorrow the CC bubble bursts - there would be only 3-5 coins that would be able to liquidate their property to cover the losses incurred by investors.

What does BTC have to offer that would cover it's investors? Does it own buildings? Does it own technology that is patented that it could sell off? Does it own land?

BTC / ETH / LTC / BCH / BTG have nothing that they can liquidate to cover losses. It is pure SPECULATION at this point.

Maybe tomorrow BTC buys up land and builds malls and introduces a payment gateway - that would build confidence and provide something tangible. But nope - BTC just wants to be the next gold standard.

And you guys think BTC is different than BTC or BCH or that ETH is somehow different than BTC

LOLOLOLOLOL

I love it tho - your guys's speculations provide volatility in the market which creates so many opportunities to make money.
Ever since western countries abandoned the Gold Standard after second world war, fiat currencies exchanges rates have been floating. There was an attempt to use the USD as a new standard under the promise of the federal reserve of not changing the exchange rate between USD and Gold, but this was abandoned in October 1976, when the US government officially changed the definition of the dollar and references to gold were removed from statutes.

In practice, fiat currencies exchange rates are governed by offer and demand, exactly like cryptocurrencies. The only difference is that central banks try (not always very well) to buffer the swings by buying and selling currencies using their own reserves. Central banks also try (not very well) to control monetary volumes by setting interbank interest rates.

How fiat monetary volumes increase? Through bank loans and mortgages (when you get a mortgage you practically create money out of thin air, backed by the asset that you are trying to buy)
How cryptocurrencies monetary volume increase? By mining.

The day we go through another serious economic crisis, people might lose once for all, trust in fiat money and the weight of cryptocurrencies will increase.
WaveFront

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:00:12 AM

same here, too many great alt coins that I have more confidence in. I will pass on bitcoin gold...for now

If we consider the typical evolution of a new Cryptocurrency, you always have a sharp increase after launch and then a sudden decrease, until the moment it reaches a threshold and then it starts growing again. I suspect we will have to wait until the price reaches approximately 120 USD, before it starts recovering.
Pumperdumper

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:57:10 PM

LOL

LOLOLOLOLOL

Ever since western countries abandoned the Gold Standard after second world war, fiat currencies exchanges rates have been floating. There was an attempt to use the USD as a new standard under the promise of the federal reserve of not changing the exchange rate between USD and Gold, but this was abandoned in October 1976, when the US government officially changed the definition of the dollar and references to gold were removed from statutes.

In practice, fiat currencies exchange rates are governed by offer and demand, exactly like cryptocurrencies. The only difference is that central banks try (not always very well) to buffer the swings by buying and selling currencies using their own reserves. Central banks also try (not very well) to control monetary volumes by setting interbank interest rates.

How fiat monetary volumes increase? Through bank loans and mortgages (when you get a mortgage you practically create money out of thin air, backed by the asset that you are trying to buy)
How cryptocurrencies monetary volume increase? By mining.

The day we go through another serious economic crisis, people might lose once for all, trust in fiat money and the weight of cryptocurrencies will increase.

Yes, yes, I completely understand where you're coming from and agree - to an extent.

But this is the reality of BTC - it is driven, purely and solely on speculation of price points. When price confidence is high - BTC goes up. When confidence wanes, it goes down. This is not how fiat currencies work.

This can be seen by the monthly corrections. However, let's say that BTC hits $100k per coin - the only way to buy into BTC is through fiat currency. If all of a sudden confidence is shaken from a number of things - the $100k starts sliding. Each slide that occurs - you lose the fiat currency value that was put into BTC. Effectively taking away from the wealth of everyone involved and directly impacting local and national economies.

Miners will not always be there - BTC will have to evolve to cater to needs. The fees for one thing are a HUGE obstacle for BTC. The coding will be another obstacle.

As soon as quantum computing becomes widely used - 51% network attacks will be a real thing - they will be able to manipulate BTC transactions. Transactions times will increase. There will be more hard forks in the future and people will simply get frustrated. These things will impact confidence.

BTC was great from 2012 to today and possibly the next 2-3 years but who knows after that - the cloud of doubt is made strictly because BTC is a product of speculation.

Speaking of speculation - look at BTG and BCC this morning - both of them dropped last night 25-30% and are now up to break even. Their going to fall a little bit more during the next few days - people's confidence will go away and so will the volume and then the whales will come back in, throw it back up and bam - all of a sudden confidence is back.

ben8jam

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:32:21 PM

I'm a huge supporter of crypto and believe in a future for it, but pumper dumper (dude you know they make fiber pills that'll help with that  Cheesy ) is right. All crypto is pure speculation. It's not tied to anything but a desire to make money. And that's okay for right now. It's a road map till people really start using it on scale. And it'll probably end up being used in a way we don't even expect right now.
brownfly

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:50:43 PM

As soon as quantum computing becomes widely used - 51% network attacks will be a real thing - they will be able to manipulate BTC transactions. Transactions times will increase. There will be more hard forks in the future and people will simply get frustrated. These things will impact confidence.
we have at least 20 years (just watched one more quantum cryptography presentation at a security conference).
Also smart people already proposed "quantum-resistant" bitcoin variations or even cryptocurrency is based on quantum cryptography that potentially could be even more robust than traditional public key cryptography:
https://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/computing/networks/qbitcoin-making-bitcoin-quantumcomputer-proof

sangwookie

Activity: 168

Put it all on the line and go for broke

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:18:45 PM

I'm a huge supporter of crypto and believe in a future for it, but pumper dumper (dude you know they make fiber pills that'll help with that  Cheesy ) is right. All crypto is pure speculation. It's not tied to anything but a desire to make money. And that's okay for right now. It's a road map till people really start using it on scale. And it'll probably end up being used in a way we don't even expect right now.

I agree with this sentiment. I bought out of speculation and interest in the project. I thought it would be like gold or stocks, but the more I work with it, I realize it is something much more. There is belief in this coin and the decentralization of banking and FIAT. It's the Airbnb and Uber of the the financial world and many suits are worried. Anarchy but with an emergency button to get out.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
bytiges

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:09:26 PM

A full day with no comments. I take it nobody is mining it any more ? I sure am not. Lost 8 hours day 1 and had enough.
Elder III

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:25:46 PM

A full day with no comments. I take it nobody is mining it any more ? I sure am not. Lost 8 hours day 1 and had enough.

It's still one of the top profit per day coins right now, not the top coin, but one of the better ones. I've had a few personal GPUs pointed at it when not gaming etc... and I've been pleased with the results (zero downtime on Suprnova) since launch.
binkyj357

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:47:00 PM

Not mining currently, but really only because I wanted to add some Electroneum to my portfolio. Plus I wanted to make sure my 2nd payout went as well as the first, which it did. May switch back tonight depending on how the day goes. Launch was rough as hell, but I still think it's too soon to count BTG out of the game.
gateway

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:20:38 PM

Who all here is mining BTG?
fynxgloire

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:43:34 PM

I am on suprnova, till I get a few coins then I will switch it up, maybe go back to Etherium or Zcash.
Marvell2

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:28:19 AM

I still have all my nvidia gpus pointed to it

until it gets less profitable than zcash ill stayon on it
gateway

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:37:22 AM

yea we are also mining it.. we opened up our pool a while ago.. see sig.
binkyj357

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:34:51 PM

Just got back in this morning.
lankyman

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:42:55 PM

Hi, at this point in time, is it fine for me to start mining with 2 GPU RX470 cards?
Best reliable mining pool? and what king of reward can i get per day?
Please dont point me to whattomine or coinwarz, because those sites make no sense to me - Some value are real and some not - at least in my world.
Or am i better off mining with NHM
Ive just wanted to , somehow always find a coin to try and focus on, but it seems im always late for the bus.
Are there any buses going to town still?
binkyj357

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:53:57 PM

Hi, at this point in time, is it fine for me to start mining with 2 GPU RX470 cards?
Best reliable mining pool? and what king of reward can i get per day?
Please dont point me to whattomine or coinwarz, because those sites make no sense to me - Some value are real and some not - at least in my world.
Or am i better off mining with NHM
Ive just wanted to , somehow always find a coin to try and focus on, but it seems im always late for the bus.
Are there any buses going to town still?

Not an expert, but from the way you've worded your questions. I would suggest you start w/ Nicehash. This way, you'll make a little coin right up front while you take some time and do a bit of research. Pretty much every question I've had about mining has been answered already in some form here. I can understand not wanting to trust whattomine etc. but you will be hard pressed to get someone else to do that kind of math for you I think.
irlandescoin

Activity: 567

Hey yo let's go

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:40:29 PM

any miner calculator to know how much btg I can mine per day?

like  whattomine.com ?

also it is any website I can see the blocks mined?

like this one? cash.coin.dance/blocks

thank you all.

back here after the boom in 2013
DebenPoison

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:57:52 PM

Just got back in this morning.

Hi,

I came across this post as I was interested in mining bitcoin gold,  I have a gtx 1070 gpu.

I followed your signature and got the EWBF miner up and running. I've configured the txt file etc and all looks to be fine.  Do I need to use Bitcoin Gold Wallet (the Windows app) as my wallet? I installed it but it takes hours to sync all prior blockchain info (says it stores/takes up to 150GB in space) and I can't understand why this wallet is different to a simple ETH or BTC desktop wallet...

Furthermore, I have one other question, on your page for your mining pool, how can I verify my miner is actually mining on your pool? You've got the miner lookup page there but what name do I type in there to look up my active miner?
ivtpool1

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 11:34:24 PM

IVT POOL - YOU NEVER GOT THIS OPTION BEFORE TO GET 5% BONUS FOR MINING

Pool URL : http://btg.ivtcoin.com

Features

The only pool where there are 0 Fees and when you mine you get 5% extra bonus when you mine Bitcoing GOLD.

- Other coins will be added on the future.

- Other options as well.

Super powerful servers are running.
Please come and enjoy mining at this pool.
zinok474

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:54:56 PM

sorry for the silly question. How much i can mine with Intel HD graphics 3000 pc ? Using 10-15 pc in the same time.
Elder III

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:37:03 AM

sorry for the silly question. How much i can mine with Intel HD graphics 3000 pc ? Using 10-15 pc in the same time.

Not enough to be worth the time of setting it up, let alone the electric costs (presuming you have to pay for your power bill). BTG is designed for GPU mining, integrated graphics won't cut it.
zinok474

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:24:46 AM

Not enough to be worth the time of setting it up, let alone the electric costs (presuming you have to pay for your power bill). BTG is designed for GPU mining, integrated graphics won't cut it.

Thank you for the reply !
So if i decide to start mining seriously ill have to buy one of the ASIC hardwares
zhzz

Activity: 151
Merit: 7

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:01:16 AM

here is a video on how to mine BTG on EthOS distro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wHuOdOpvpI
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:54:42 AM

Thanks in advance!
https://btg.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=gettingstarted ,but remember it will risk your new laptop and you got nothing.
betiteh0777

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:09:23 PM

Hi is there any other miner except EWBF for NVIDIA? I am not quite happy with that one as almost half of my accepted shares are going for devfee....shouldn't be this 2% only?
Elder III

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:45:32 AM

Thank you for the reply !
So if i decide to start mining seriously ill have to buy one of the ASIC hardwares

No, at least not for BTG since it uses the Equihash algorithm which is for GPUs (video cards), not Asics. For the original Bitcoin you would need an Asic to mine it directly.
shibob

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 02:50:09 AM

Hi is there any other miner except EWBF for NVIDIA? I am not quite happy with that one as almost half of my accepted shares are going for devfee....shouldn't be this 2% only?

You could try dstm's miner, as I know its performance is a bit better than that of EWBF's.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2021765.0

About the half accepted shares, do you mean the shares in pool vs. the actual shares display in miner's GUI?

halker2010

Activity: 532

The harder your life is the more meaning it has.

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:58:23 AM

I have some issues with whattomine website for couple of days it shows BTG as the most profitable in GPU page but when i enter the hashrate in the coin's page its not the amount from before.
betiteh0777

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:12:02 AM

need BTG mining pool

pool.gold is the official one and so far the best one
lutfi-hasan

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:47:22 AM

Thanks in advance!
I think you should make a capital deposit or token to buy one of the altcoins that will be marketed. You can buy altcoin whose price is still down, after that you can sell it when the market price goes up. altcoin can automatically turn into a coffer of bitcoin.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:17:46 PM

Thanks in advance!
still do you want to mine bitcoin?or you just bot carried away because
of that said SEGWIT2x?Im sure by now your doubting about that bitcoin gold
Mining?because it was another shitcoin that or clone from the traditional bitcoin

Better make some other alts a chance than bitcoin gold thats been DOA
Lots of alts that has a future than this one,hope you will made up your mind
troiano9

Activity: 284

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:27:02 PM

Has anyone had luck actually getting paid for mining BTG?
I mined it for a day and a half and never was paid.  See alot of posts about miners not getting shares.
WaveFront

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:59:54 PM

I mined it for a day and a half and never was paid.  See alot of posts about miners not getting shares.
At least on btg.suprnova.cc I got paid. During the first day of mining there was a problem with the main blockchain splitting in two separate independent chains. This has been solved long time ago, but many people lost the first day of mining.
betiteh0777

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:11:38 PM

I get payed on pool.gold on any 0.01BTG

What is the hardware you mine with?
troiano9

Activity: 284

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:07:14 PM

I get payed on pool.gold on any 0.01BTG

What is the hardware you mine with?

I am only mining with a single t1080ti.  I am getting 70 mh/s so i should have received some payout after over a day.
NiceAndSleazy

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:28:31 PM

I am only mining with a single t1080ti.  I am getting 70 mh/s so i should have received some payout after over a day.

you probably mean 70 Sol/s, which is not much at all. I can tell that after mining for about a day with 1.8 KSol/s (8x RX470) i got paid around 0.01 BTG.
I think if you fine tune (overclock) your GPU you could get more than 70 Sol/s, but you still will need to mine for several days to reach 0.01.
You can see you balance in your pool stats, actually. Hope that helps....
betiteh0777

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:03:34 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 02:29:46 PM by betiteh0777

I am only mining with a single t1080ti.  I am getting 70 mh/s so i should have received some payout after over a day.

you probably mean 70 Sol/s, which is not much at all. I can tell that after mining for about a day with 1.8 KSol/s (8x RX470) i got paid around 0.01 BTG.
I think if you fine tune (overclock) your GPU you could get more than 70 Sol/s, but you still will need to mine for several days to reach 0.01.
You can see you balance in your pool stats, actually. Hope that helps....

He meant 700Sol/s I use same cards (MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X) on my rig and they give 740Sol/s each settings are (-20%Power limit +230core +300mem 50%vents with these settings core temp never exceeds 60C) (cold room -around 10C)
Choyor

Merit: 105

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:31:31 AM

I agree, should not use a laptop, it will lose money, because it will damage the laptop and the waste of electrical power.
iscorama

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:28:58 PM

He meant 700Sol/s I use same cards (MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X) on my rig and they give 740Sol/s each settings are (-20%Power limit +230core +300mem 50%vents with these settings core temp never exceeds 60C) (cold room -around 10C)

Are those your settings maybe for simplemining os?
I get 710sol/s with the same graphic cards
betiteh0777

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:41:36 PM

Are those your settings maybe for simplemining os?
I get 710sol/s with the same graphic cards

Yes these are mine settings and No I use Win 10 pro with latest updates and NVIDIA latest graphic driver ver.388.43.

What is your MB and CPU also RAM?
iscorama

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:54:01 PM

11gb, gamingX x 6 per rig
btc250 motherboard
8gb ddr4 rig ram
Intel Celeron G1840 rig cpu

SMOS have a little different settings than regular win drivers.
my settings are
core MHz 150
memory MHz 250
power limit 220watt
josh75

Activity: 74

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:53:13 PM

on whattomine they say that if you mine BTG you get the double in dollars than if you mine ETH.

wow i just realise this it is crazy i need to switch to BTG i think
icemining.ca

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 07:44:52 PM

I see this topic hasn't been updated in a while, but BTG is live on icemining.ca and is hitting lots of blocks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: