Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:48:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is up with feathercoin?  (Read 4273 times)
jayjay2244 (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:07:29 PM

I thought it was dying. What is with the growth, is it a pump or is there a legit reason for the rise? Thanks in advance.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
riku2015

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:13:27 PM

they pumping it and difficult just dropped  Grin

lol they talking about it on live radio http://www.livestream.com/lrnfm
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:20:12 PM

FTC is broken.  You can't mine it.  I was on Big Verns pool and all his blocks are orphaned.  It shows he has 90% of the network as well.
AZIZ1977

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:22:23 PM

huge pump sooner or later it will come down.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:22:58 PM

Yeah - something seems wrong with FTC - I did a transfer from one wallet to another and it took many hours to go through..
anderl

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:37:23 PM

Yeah - something seems wrong with FTC - I did a transfer from one wallet to another and it took many hours to go through..

someone probably built their own block chain and mined it.  since it is longer they used a ton of hashing power when the network hashing power was low and replaced the original block chain.  The result is a ton of orphans as all the good transactions were wiped out.  Now the new fake chain is in place someone who injected it has a ton of coins to sell into the market.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:43:18 PM

someone probably built their own block chain and mined it.  since it is longer they used a ton of hashing power when the network hashing power was low and replaced the original block chain.  The result is a ton of orphans as all the good transactions were wiped out.  Now the new fake chain is in place someone who injected it has a ton of coins to sell into the market.

That should be fun for all the btc-e pumpers..
jayjay2244 (OP)

Activity: 116

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:44:59 PM

well i bought into it, and now lost 4 ltc. At least i haven't got burnt as bad as other will.

ethought
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:48:26 PM

So does that mean FTC is broken / finished - or can they fix things from here?
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:51:03 PM

someone probably built their own block chain and mined it.  since it is longer they used a ton of hashing power when the network hashing power was low and replaced the original block chain.  The result is a ton of orphans as all the good transactions were wiped out.  Now the new fake chain is in place someone who injected it has a ton of coins to sell into the market.

Technically, if what is described here is true, FTC is not "broken". It is working as it was designed, the majority rules. Therefore since nothing is broken, nothing can be "fixed". (except releasing a fork or such, but then a new 51% attack could occur)
anderl

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:51:32 PM

Well depends on what the devs do.  They can try to replace the fake chain and that will orphan all FTC transactions from the point they fix the chain until the present.  That will probably require distributing the chain to dedicated miners and making it long enough that it beats out the current chain.  But that means they will wipe out legitimate as well as fake transactions a second time.  Basically the chain is hijacked and the coin is now worthless.  Someone is making a killing on the fake chain
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:54:23 PM

Well depends on what the devs do.  They can try to replace the fake chain and that will orphan all FTC transactions from the point they fix the chain until the present.  That will probably require distributing the chain to dedicated miners and making it long enough that it beats out the current chain.  But that means they will wipe out legitimate as well as fake transactions a second time.  Basically the chain is hijacked and the coin is now worthless.  Someone is making a killing on the fake chain

So..FTC is basically a ponzi scheme now?

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
anderl

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:55:03 PM

Technically, it what is described here is true, FTC is not "broken". It is working as it was designed, the majority rules. Therefore since nothing is broken, nothing can be "fixed". (except releasing a fork or such, but then a new 51% attack could occur)

except that the new chain has several fake blocks added to the chain that make it win out.  That is why people had such a hard time getting confirmations and then all of a sudden several blocks appeared in seconds.  What that means is that anyone can come in and add their own blocks claiming all the rewards.  those are fake blocks so they will supersede real transactions so those transactions will be lost.

the majority of real miners will drop out because they don't want to risk getting all their rewards orphaned.  so the only miner will be the fake miner and a bunch of idiots who don't know better.
perhan007

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:56:59 PM

but shouldn't the price of FTC fall instead of rise??
GSnak

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:58:21 PM

So..FTC is basically a ponzi scheme now?

now?
vinne81

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:00:50 PM

someone probably built their own block chain and mined it.  since it is longer they used a ton of hashing power when the network hashing power was low and replaced the original block chain.  The result is a ton of orphans as all the good transactions were wiped out.  Now the new fake chain is in place someone who injected it has a ton of coins to sell into the market.

Technically, it what is described here is true, FTC is not "broken". It is working as it was designed, the majority rules. Therefore since nothing is broken, nothing can be "fixed". (except releasing a fork or such, but then a new 51% attack could occur)

except that the new chain has several fake blocks added to the chain that make it win out.  That is why people had such a hard time getting confirmations and then all of a sudden several blocks appeared in seconds.  What that means is that anyone can come in and add their own blocks claiming all the rewards.  those are fake blocks so they will supersede real transactions so those transactions will be lost.

the majority of real miners will drop out because they don't want to risk getting all their rewards orphaned.  so the only miner will be the fake miner and a bunch of idiots who don't know better.

True, I mean, the majority ruled that fake blocks are allowed Smiley A bad thing Smiley

In this case, as in any case like this, the majority and fake block builders are the same individuals Smiley
ethought
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:03:26 PM

http://forum.feathercoin.com/ is not loading for me for some time

Edit - Back up now..
AZIZ1977

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:04:10 PM

True, I mean, the majority ruled that fake blocks are allowed Smiley A bad thing Smiley

In this case, as in any case like this, the majority and fake block builders are the same individuals Smiley

when the news spreads FTC will be dumped.
anderl

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:08:45 PM

when the news spreads FTC will be dumped.

but the majority is not made up of miners alone.  it is made up of participants, traders,   people who transact the coins.  how does this benefit them.  in this case they are dependent on a healthy network developed to protect against these attacks.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:10:49 PM

And FTC is still trading on the exchanges with this news? The exchanges haven't halted trading yet?

more or less retired.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: