Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:15:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BBQcoin Windows Client Update  (Read 2870 times)
bigdaub

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:56:11 AM

Looks good!

Last time I checked there were multiple wallets for bitcoin. http://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet I don't see this as any different.

Lastly the ad hominem attacks toward BBQCoin.com are laughable. The argument that post count is the determiner for quality and professionalism is absurd. If you don't like what they are doing than do something else better. Don't piss on their work to make your work appear better. 
sellbuy

Activity: 158

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:05:24 AM

By CaptChadd | June 9, 2013 | Update
Comments Off   

I am not too sure where this new client update has come from on BBQcoin.com, they do not even have a direct link to their source code.

We have nothing to do with this update, so download it at your own risk.

We are working the same now as we have been from the start, back when BBQcoin was worth nothing and not on any exchange.

Thanks.

bbqcoin.com even don't opens for now
BBQcoin.com (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:04:31 AM

I inform you that someone (from bbqcoin.org surely) is attempting to DDoS our website. People will judge you by your actions and will know who are the real scammers... You are not credible anymore.
sellbuy

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:07:52 AM

I inform you that someone (from bbqcoin.org surely) is attempting to DDoS our website. People will judge you by your actions and will know who are the real scammers... You are not credible anymore.

take it easy man.
so, why don't you post link to the source?
BBQcoin.com (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:11:58 AM

take it easy man.
so, why don't you post link to the source?

I will post the source shorlty. There is no virus, trojan or whatever. It's safe.
ccwirral

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:17:30 AM

Flashy corporate like gimmicks and vague buzzwords are not what crypto-currencies are about quite frankly. A little more transparency with identity and a more robust outline of what you are trying to achieve would make you look less like some kind of ex Enron middle management type.

Has anyone looked into if this "new client" might create a fork situation yet? Probably not the case but my gut instinct feels like there is some kind of misleading motive behind this or even possibly a scam. I will let someone more informed in those kind of things be the judge of that anyway.

Either way, like others have pointed out, this little "debate" is damaging the reputation and integrity of the coin.
Dacm4n

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:29:01 AM

Flashy corporate like gimmicks and vague buzzwords are not what crypto-currencies are about quite frankly. A little more transparency with identity and a more robust outline of what you are trying to achieve would make you look less like some kind of ex Enron middle management type.

Has anyone looked into if this "new client" might create a fork situation yet? Probably not the case but my gut instinct feels like there is some kind of misleading motive behind this or even possibly a scam. I will let someone more informed in those kind of things be the judge of that anyway.

Either way, like others have pointed out, this little "debate" is damaging the reputation and integrity of the coin.
Yea that's what i'm wondering about. The client we have now is fine what BBQcoin needs is a mobile payment app. The guys at BBQcoin.com should put all their effort into that for now.
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:31:56 AM

Yea that's what i'm wondering about. The client we have now is fine what BBQcoin needs is a mobile payment app. The guys at BBQcoin.com should put all their effort into that for now.

The mobile app is their next project,  check out the first post.
sellbuy

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:09:22 AM

The mobile app is their next project,  check out the first post.

And we need to install MEGA IMPORTANT UPDATE?

What's New

Easy Installation with Setup Wizard
    stable DNS seed pointed to bbqcoin.com
    unique feature: chat through a link directly in bbqcoin-qt (this will be useful if you need help)

Yeah! IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT UPDATE

I will not download this mod
trdiablo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:52:53 AM

The mobile app is their next project,  check out the first post.

Just to be clear, mobile app is the next project of the real devs at bbqcoin.org , not bbqcoin.com
CaptChadd

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:25:33 AM

First up, BBQcoin.org has nothing to do with DDos attacks, we are a Dev team and don't have the time or inclination for such things.

Also I notice a few members names popping up now from the "foundation" forum, saying how this is such a good thing.

Coincidence?

And I agree, the client is fine as it is, mobile development is what is needed and that is what we are working on.

It seems strange that BBQcoin.org post on their Facebook page and website that we are moving into mobile app development and the suddenly so does BBQcoin.com, without even consulting us so we could work together.

This is not a competition guys, this is for the betterment of BBQcoin for the community and nothing else.
CaptChadd

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:38:55 AM

And why do you keep delaying adding the source code.

It takes 30 seconds to change a link but you keep saying you will add it shortly?

Why not just add it right now, the source code is VERY important so we all know what changes you have made.
CaptChadd

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:51:31 AM

Well done Guys.

The price was going up nice and steady until BBQcoin.com did there Dev thing.

Now there have been massive dumps on both Cryptsy and Vurcurex.

I really cannot believe this, are you trying to kill BBQcoin or something? You had better not be!
BBQcoin.com (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:09:03 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 01:48:01 PM by BBQcoin.com

First up, BBQcoin.org has nothing to do with DDos attacks, we are a Dev team and don't have the time or inclination for such things.

You have K1773R in your team, if you don't know how to choose good people to work with you, you are responsible... But our server has now a DDOS protection.

https://i.imgur.com/IPJHckT.gif
CaptChadd

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:03:33 PM

You have K1773R in your team, if you don't know how to choose good people to work with you, you are responsible... But our server has now a DDOS protection.

So I am responsible for a DDos attack on your website just because you say I am? And that makes it fact?

Its a waste of time DDosing any website, all it does is delay them slightly, just like in Superman 2 when he threw the "Delay the badguy with an S shaped net thing" in the end, its pretty pointless.

I don't hate your website at all, in fact the design is clean, fresh and nice on the eye.

I just worry when I cannot see your source code, that's the main thing really and you could of at least sent me a quick PM just to let me know that you were going to release an update to the client.

I am just wondering, in your eyes who is the Dev team? As in theory the Dev team is the whole community, so there is nothing to really "takeover", nobody can takeover BBQcoin as it is open source, or was until recently.
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:38:17 PM

cool, didnt know its me, thanks for telling! usually i dont interact with scum like u but i will now since you make me laugh hard and also you destroy your reputation urself.
for the future i wont answer to your post, but please continue posting such things so this thread is atleast a bit interesting Tongue

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 02:42:43 PM

We now have bbqcoin.org, bbqcoin.com and bbqcoinfoundation.org. I'm sure if we all pool our skills and resources together we'd be able to achieve a lot more for BQC. I mean, we're all on the same team, right? All of us want to advance BBQcoin. I propose that we organize a meeting on the BBQcoin IRC chatroom #bbqcoin.org to try and mediate this issue there and maybe reach a resolution. I wouldn't surprised if we see BQC increase 10-fold once we resolve these differences Smiley

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:48:04 PM

We now have bbqcoin.org, bbqcoin.com and bbqcoinfoundation.org. I'm sure if we all pool our skills and resources together we'd be able to achieve a lot more for BQC. I mean, we're all on the same team, right? All of us want to advance BBQcoin. I propose that we organize a meeting on the BBQcoin IRC chatroom #bbqcoin.org to try and mediate this issue there and maybe reach a resolution. I wouldn't surprised if we see BQC increase 10-fold once we resolve these differences Smiley
i would love to, unfortunately bbqcoin.com just proved they are extreme hostile and also shady. maybe the "foundation" isnt the same, though bbqcoin.com's owner is one of the main persons of the foundation (coincidence?). i dont think we are at a PONR (point of no return) yet, but soon we will. atm the bbqcoin.com (and indirectly the foundation therefore) are harming bbqcoin (as you can see because of the ppl being scared if bbq will fail because of all this and therefore dump their cons ASAP).

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
bigdaub

Activity: 179

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:15:56 PM

I am in 100%
BBQcoin.com (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:01:26 PM

I just worry when I cannot see your source code, that's the main thing really and you could of at least sent me a quick PM just to let me know that you were going to release an update to the client.

The source code is now available on the website. But the source code is not a guarantee. The real scammers will make a malicious executable file and will post a safe source. I didn't send you a PM because you never showed willingness to cooperate. You started to defame our website. So, what do you expect?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: