Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:33:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BBQcoin Windows Client Update  (Read 2871 times)
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:20:31 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 02:48:21 AM by testerx

Here we go, BBQ Wars Episode I (or should it be IV? Hmmm).

I kinda knew this was coming. I think I will stick with CaptChadd and bbqcoin.org. He put a lot of effort into bringing this coin from the dead, we owe him that. And you guys trying to make a hostile takeover kinda makes me want to stay away from anything you guys do.

By the way, where is the source code? How do we know this is not a trojan?
It's an open source coin though, to be honest everyone should just be collaborating together, though I don't really see a problem with multiple clients as long as they're all compatible, there's multiple bitcoin clients after all.  And frankly I don't think the dumping is new anyway, the price has been in the toilet long before the new client release by bbqcoin.com.

The loss of vircurex isn't a huge deal anyways, there was never any volume on there, it's near impossible to trade anything without tanking the price one way or the other, it'll actually be better for price stability if everyone is trading on one exchange instead of spreading the thin volumes over several exchanges.  To be honest I'm just glad that there's developer interest and frankly I don't think more developers is ever a bad thing.  At least there'll be some competition to see who gets a mobile client working first, it'd be better if everyone just got along but I guess that's not going to happen though I don't think the blame should be on bbqcoin.com, because I've tried to help out with stuff before and K1773R basically just wasted his time posting insults and nonsense about reading nonexistent documentation when I was trying to modify the prefixes to get p2pool working for BBQCoin.  Which is why his posts are permanently ignored by so many people.  I almost had p2pool working months before other people finally helped out, I was literally 4 lines of code away from a working version, but K1773R was so antagonistic it makes people not want to help out with BBQCoin.

Either way, the new blood will either be good by providing competition for keeping up to date on releases or it'll be good if everyone learns to work together.  Personally I think everyone should learn to be professional and work together before the coin gets booted from bter.com. 
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:18:23 PM

Here we go, BBQ Wars Episode I (or should it be IV? Hmmm).

I kinda knew this was coming. I think I will stick with CaptChadd and bbqcoin.org. He put a lot of effort into bringing this coin from the dead, we owe him that. And you guys trying to make a hostile takeover kinda makes me want to stay away from anything you guys do.

By the way, where is the source code? How do we know this is not a trojan?
It's an open source coin though, to be honest everyone should just be collaborating together, though I don't really see a problem with multiple clients as long as they're all compatible, there's multiple bitcoin clients after all.  And frankly I don't think the dumping is new anyway, the price has been in the toilet long before the new client release by bbqcoin.com.

The loss of vircurex isn't a huge deal anyways, there was never any volume on there, it's near impossible to trade anything without tanking the price one way or the other, it'll actually be better for price stability if everyone is trading on one exchange instead of spreading the thin volumes over several exchanges.  To be honest I'm just glad that there's developer interest and frankly I don't think more developers is ever a bad thing.  At least there'll be some competition to see who gets a mobile client working first, it'd be better if everyone just got along but I guess that's not going to happen though I don't think the blame should be on bbqcoin.com, because I've tried to help out with stuff before and K1773R basically just wasted his time posting insults and nonsense about reading nonexistent documentation when I was trying to modify the prefixes to get p2pool working for BBQCoin.  Which is why his posts are permanently ignored by so many people.  I almost had p2pool working months before other people finally helped out, I was literally 4 lines of code away from a working version, but K1773R was so antagonistic it makes people not want to help out with BBQCoin.

Either way, the new blood will either be good by providing competition for keeping up to date on releases or it'll be good if everyone learns to work together.  Personally I think everyone should learn to be professional and work together before the coin gets booted from bter.com.  

+1

+100

Really, this is *exactly* what the situation is like. I bet te guys from bbqcoin.com and .org won't see it this way, but the lord knows you are right Smiley
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 01:03:38 AM

I believe the two sides have now reconciled their differences Smiley

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
CaptChadd

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:41:24 PM

I am working on a side project (25% complete) that is connected to BBQcoin and should help to give it more of a purpose and also increase interest.

Client development will continue in the near future, right now I feel the bbqcoin.org client works fine and does not need updating, we only released one a month ago.

So now I am going to develop internet based projects for BBQcoin.

Bitcoin has not even been taken as a real world payment processor, as in, non internet based, properly yet, so how can we expect BBQcoin too.

BBQcoin needs to be proven as an internet based currency first, then it can move on to the next phase. A currency to be bought to spend and not just to trade for other coins.

I have no problems with BBQcoin.com and I know at times I have spoken out of turn and I officially apologise for this, we are all here to see Cryptocoins succeed so I agree that we should all be on the same team.
bigdaub

Activity: 179

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:59:49 PM

I am working on a side project (25% complete) that is connected to BBQcoin and should help to give it more of a purpose and also increase interest.

Client development will continue in the near future, right now I feel the bbqcoin.org client works fine and does not need updating, we only released one a month ago.

Bitcoin has not even been taken as a real world payment processor, as in, non internet based, properly yet, so how can we expect BBQcoin too.

BBQcoin needs to be proven as an internet based currency first, then it can move on to the next phase. A currency to be bought to spend and not just to trade for other coins.

I have no problems with BBQcoin.com and I know at times I have spoken out of turn and I officially apologise for this, we are all here to see Cryptocoins succeed so I agree that we should all be on the same team.

Thanks CaptChadd. You are very influential in the future of BBQCoin and I appreciate your hard work. Once your project is complete I promote and link to it from the foundation site.
Dacm4n

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:01:51 PM

Thanks CaptChadd. You are very influential in the future of BBQCoin and I appreciate your hard work. Once your project is complete I promote and link to it from the foundation site.
Finally some teamwork. Grin
TheDirtybird

Activity: 206

http://canadianbit.com/ - Let's Mine Canadian!

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 06:41:52 AM

New BBQCoin P2Pool 1% PPLNS Stratum located in West. Canada

http://bbqcoin.canadianbit.com

Connection details at top of that stats page.. use the IP listed and port at top of stats page only to connect.

Use Wallet Address as Username (DO NOT USE EXCHANGE ADDRESSES FOR P2POOL) and anything for a password (doesn't matter)

For list of other p2pools and details go to http://canadianbit.com/p2pools.html

Good luck and Mine Canadian!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: