Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:25:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: all finished  (Read 43448 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
al.matic

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:35:42 AM

waldhover, what is the equivalent percentage if you are taking $240 a week? Is it 10%, 20%, 30% of the total profit?

It's going to vary because of the actual earnings decreasing.. but to give a ballpark $240 is close to the 5-7% range.

Is it $60 fee per miner per week? Can you clarify?
al.matic

Activity: 57

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:44:22 AM

But $240/$60 = 4, not 5 miners??
Or I am missing something?
mnyonpa

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:38:38 PM

Yep, IMHO it is completely reasonable to increase the fee because we get more gigahashes now than planned too.

And thanks again, Waldo, for your excellent management.

BTC address for donations: 1EEjkAqLXTxscD24D1S6aXWtxPUWxSkHcd
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:19:54 PM

Firmwares get released and change a lot of factors. Wattage being the 2nd most notable. With FW .98 I'm pulling about ~850W at the wall- [I was under 600W when we first started] at .31cents KWH thats about ~$180 in

.31 cents KWH!!!  Where are you located Hawaii?  That is some expensive power costs! Can't image having to pay that much!
MrHempstock

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:22:14 PM

He's in SoCal. But even with the on-the-higher-side electricity costs, we come out ahead. Heck, the latest FW raised the consumption at the wall but also increased each Jupiter by a stable 50GH.

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:48:09 PM

I am unhappy with the unilateral increase in management fees from 3% to 7-9% overnight. Had I known he was going to charge 7-9% fee, I would have gone with other groupbuys. I understand that his electricity cost is sky high; however, if he knew his electricity cost is so high, maybe he could have found another hosting service somewhere less expensive?

Currently, he's going to charge $60/miner/week, that is $60*5*4=$1200/month for all 5 miners. With difficulty skyrocking every 10 days or less, we are not going to have too many days left before all 5 miners generate less than $1200 a month.

This groupbuy is becoming less and less palatable for the shareholders.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:59:00 PM

Cool deal, just let me know if you ever lean that direction.

If you're in an area that doesn't normally suffer blackouts due to weather, it's not a must-have option.
My neighborhood, even though it is in the middle of town, is prone to construction-related outages and it's nice to have the internet and wifi up and running during blackouts.  Grin

The miners would need heftier backups, but in a rural area $2k in UPS optioning would pay for itself in a couple of 24 hour blackouts on a 15TH farm lol (assuming internet service doesn't go down also)

Will do.

I'm located in the heart of Southern California- when/if we EVER have a blackout, it's no more than an hour or so. I can't even remember the last time we had one!  Cheesy

With that being said..

Miner 5 is now LIVE and hashing at 550. http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1HxjezW7hXRxfBRCW4iY1FeCjd73z9J7sY

Every single miner (other than the one with 2 bad boards) is now hashing at 550.

This KnCMiner GB is officially up and running. I will RMA the 2 bad boards on Miner 3 today- I wanted to first verify Miner 5 was solid.

Note* I made a small remark in regards to fees on CoiningSolutions.com - I will be re-writing how fees will be charged - it will no longer be a 3% charge but rather a flat fee. Why? Well, let's just say 3% doesn't even cover the electric bill since these are now pulling almost 850W at the wall.

This is in NO way for me to make a profit at all- this is to just keep the miners in the green.

I will make a formal post in a bit with all of the details.   Smiley
Just want to let you know DZ and I and Thomas are having to do the same with our miners- use too much power to be covered by the hosting fee. We will be moving to flat fee per miner, based on power usage.

Also... .31kwhr??? Im paying .061 down here...
forevernoob

Activity: 687

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:18:55 PM

Don't wanna clutter your thread with nonsense. (I'm not even a waldo KNC shareholder)
But have you thought about getting solar panels for future mining projects?
I have heard that solar power is getting increasingly popular in Cali.

floatyfish

Activity: 373

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:49:14 PM

Just wondering, would it be possible to talk to the electric company about somehow lowering your bill? Maybe switch to a business account or something? I honestly have no idea if this is even feasible but if it is then it might be worth a shot.

Don't wanna clutter your thread with nonsense. (I'm not even a waldo KNC shareholder)
But have you thought about getting solar panels for future mining projects?
I have heard that solar power is getting increasingly popular in Cali.

While solar is coming down in price, there would be a lot of upfront cost that would be borne by WH, plus it might run the risk of us having to turn off the miners while the panels are being wired into the electrical circuit.

If you feel like donating: 1NtgJf4znCsA5GJDCbqtowHL2143WyqLkC
shurkken

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:31:53 AM

Just for example
If I buy Jupiter November Shipping $4995 + Hosting 12 month in KnC $3960, I will pay $8955
(.55btc/6.8gh/share)

No shipping charge/time
No additional monthly fees
24/7 Monitoring by KnCMiner staff

Right?
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 04:07:52 PM

waldohoover,

no hard feelings, I thought I would let you know that as a shareholder I wasn't thrilled with the fee hiking. You have a high electricity cost and has to cover it, I understand it. Not a problem. I would not want you to pay it out of your pocket. I just wanted to have an open and honest communication with you and so far you have been great in communicating with us and I appreciate your honesty.

It just came to me as a shock that your fee would double or more than promised. And I had to register my unhappiness with you. That's all. If you were in my shoe, you would react the same.

Carry on.
MrHempstock

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 06:11:52 PM

$60 per miner per week ends up being about $1.33 per share.

Not a monumental amount of money for services and electricity rendered, IMO.

LittleD

Activity: 560

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:53:28 PM

GUYS! http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/16SvHVtEsNQ6ipHjK9AY9Ar3zB7GU9otee

Soooo the thought of having to send back 2 bad boards was really getting to me. That would be like ~$100 to send it and would probably take a week or so until we got the new boards back.

Well, I decided to buy another PSU.. I will-call'd a new PSU from Newegg and picked it up today from City of Industry.

I removed the current PSU- replaced it with this one but ONLY hooked up the 2 bad boards. Booted it up, 0GH/s. Ok, that's what I expected.

Swapped out a 10-pin cable- changed positionings on the controller board and tried 1 more time. 17GH/s. Wait, so it's alive?

I flash .95 , enable cores. We're seeing 40GHs?

Flash .98- flash enablecores, rebooted, powered off- connected all 4 boards this time.

400GHs+. WTF?!  Shocked  Shocked

I'm about 10 minutes in on testing.. we're at ~485GH/s people. These boards have not ran long enough to really burn-in just yet..

So now, here is my question.

Do we still send them the boards (they technically are under-performing still) or do we bite the bullet and hash at ~485GHs with this one?

Obviously this is all up to Miner 3 share holders.

Also! Miner 4 people- as you can see, we're chugging along around ~500GHs.. the above question is also directed at you. What do we do?

Please, everyone let me know what you're thinking!

Keep them... until till they act up again but it's just my opinion and im not in this GB but i wish i was lol Smiley Thanks for all your hard work waldo!!)

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
mnyonpa

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 06:34:43 AM

I think it is reasonable to stay with 485 GH/s. We will lose a lot of haspoewer now at lower difficulty if you send the boards, and if we get them, it only adds 60~70 GH/s after all. And maybe it will burn in later too.

BTC address for donations: 1EEjkAqLXTxscD24D1S6aXWtxPUWxSkHcd
3rac3

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 12:36:46 PM

Do we still send them the boards (they technically are under-performing still) or do we bite the bullet and hash at ~485GHs with this one?

I say lets keep those boards for 2 weeks and see if difficulty stabilises a bit (or at least slows down in rising). If it will be stable we could think about sending it back. If it will keep growing exponentially "burn them to the ground" ;-).

/e
MrHempstock

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:49:32 PM

I'm in Miner4, so to answer your question about sending it back - I say keep it and chug along.
Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but for the past 12 hours Miner4 has been hashing between 520 and 590, right? That's alright with me!  Grin

carbn

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Hey All,

Flashed (beta) FW 0.98.1 to address the the bad dies on Jupiter 3.

It's been running about 15mins and we're now hashing over 515GH/s. 525GH/s. Grin  Shocked  Cool

Keep an eye on the stats: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/16SvHVtEsNQ6ipHjK9AY9Ar3zB7GU9otee

So what's up with #3? Looks like it's been offline for a while.
goodbc

Activity: 105
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 08:45:57 PM

All five looks down.

Check your IQ! Send any amount to this address:
1GoodBTCiGyd1J1LkDhCThfTHG8n9WJnNn
geosac

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 08:48:47 PM

All five looks down.

Earlier today there was a message on eligius stating that the reporting side of the website is down while mining is still working.  Just the reporting/display is having issue.
goodbc

Activity: 105
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:29:34 PM

That might be true, however looking at someone else at random:
http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/18rSNYny1DGYRrUQV4zE9tHv7ic314X4FX

There is no gap in mining today. Only the site was down.

While group 1 is like this: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1FMDuFTHAWGZH5zg6DPb1vTNZNN4XTCvxL

But the live feed is showing all them running: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/team-reddit-mining-bitcoin-mining

Check your IQ! Send any amount to this address:
1GoodBTCiGyd1J1LkDhCThfTHG8n9WJnNn
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: