Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:28:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold  (Read 1466 times)
krypt0n1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:42:38 AM

Bitcoin cash had a (relative) large amount of support, with Roger Ver publicly backing it and many mining farms. This rallied people behind it to help support and drive up the price. Bitcoin gold has neither of these attributes. In fact, everyone seems to want to sell it as soon as possible, which will drive the price down. I don't realistically see any significant amount of people wanting to buy bitcoin gold. This will create a very sharp devaluation during the price discover phase.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bob3772

Activity: 415

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:47:08 AM

Bitcoin gold really doesn't seem to have a lot of support, still that makes it very difficult to determine a price, I would imagine that at most it will be 0.05 of a btc but will fall quite considerably from there.

Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:22:42 PM

as of now, bitcoin gold's price is unpredictable since the fork has not happened yet. about the mining of bitcoin gold, yes we can. it can be mined and it'll bring back the mining that uses gpu so it'll be less expensive. 

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
chesegrinder

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:48:24 PM

well as of now we can not predict what will be the value of the bitcoin gold lets all watch it on October 25 few days from now. When it comes to mining, Yes we can mine it in a inexpensive way as it is in ASIC resistant using GPU. Many speculation that Bitcoin Gold will be a dumpcoin in the future but it is the same way happen on bitcoin cash that many are saying that there will be no market on it. Who knows, Im not against with the new upcoming coin also im not very in to it. But every time there will be a fork it is sound $$$$$ to me....

by the way i read that there are 3 exchange platform who are supporting the bitcoin Gold I dont remember who they are....

SHIFTCASH

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:53:46 PM

we have less than 3 days and BTG will be lunched.Am sure the price will appreciate with time and even perform better than bitcoin cash

zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:52:02 PM

Bitcoin cash had a (relative) large amount of support, with Roger Ver publicly backing it and many mining farms. This rallied people behind it to help support and drive up the price. Bitcoin gold has neither of these attributes. In fact, everyone seems to want to sell it as soon as possible, which will drive the price down. I don't realistically see any significant amount of people wanting to buy bitcoin gold. This will create a very sharp devaluation during the price discover phase.

that's true, if most people think bitcoin cash is shitcoin, then what about bitcoin gold that looks no better than bitcoin cash, even if viewed from any aspect. I do not think bitcoin gold will survive like bitcoin cash until now. It's just have a little support, and most of them just wanna get some free air drop from it's birth, and will dump it right away.
akoyonip

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:06:06 PM

Bitcoin Gold is better than Bitcoin Cash I think
sqid

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:07:33 PM

I'm actually very hopeful for Bitcoin gold.   It's addressing one of the great fundamentals of the bitcoin ethos.   No one group should be in charge.
The GPU is a way to give that power of control back to the community.   Its a good idea.
If you look at their website 'roadmap' section they go into quite a lot of detail about why they are doing this fork.   They talk about the 'premining' and why it needs to be done - perfectly reasonable I think.
IMO it's much maligned and the price will probably fall off steeply to begin with but I think they are genuine and I will be looking to buy some for the future.  
Bitstar are trading futures on BTG now
jilani

Activity: 244

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:17:34 PM

hay guys

can anyone guess how much price of bitcoin gold ?
and can we mining bitcoin gold ?
Bitcoin Gold project still now running so now it is very difficult to predict how much price but price is between 50$-100$ i guess.Mining is possible but after this coin lunching.
acorcos

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:34:31 PM

I will send some coins to Bittrex. I think there will be a limited supply again when Gold hits the markets. When Bitcoin Cash was credited to Bittrex users it was not possible to deposit for people who claimed their BCH outside of Bittrex. So there was a limited supply and price was crazy.

Does anybody know how long it is possible to deposit BTC to Trex? Will they close BTC deposits for the fork?
Manchumichael

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:37:14 PM

I will send some coins to Bittrex. I think there will be a limited supply again when Gold hits the markets. When Bitcoin Cash was credited to Bittrex users it was not possible to deposit for people who claimed their BCH outside of Bittrex. So there was a limited supply and price was crazy.

Does anybody know how long it is possible to deposit BTC to Trex? Will they close BTC deposits for the fork?
Now we don't have access to deposit our bitcoins in bittrex site. I am facing this issue don't know the same message is coming from others or not. Better once check if you can then deposit bitcoins you will get free coins.
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:44:09 PM

I believe that bitcoin gold will be just like bitcoin cash. It will start from around 0.05, grow to 0.1-0.15 and dump again to 0.02-0.05. But only time will show.

This is as best as bitcoin cash prediction... Please imagine if there are more alt coins like this, will the value still as high as bitcoin cash? The answer should be NO.
witch

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:49:28 PM

I believe that bitcoin gold will be just like bitcoin cash. It will start from around 0.05, grow to 0.1-0.15 and dump again to 0.02-0.05. But only time will show.

This is as best as bitcoin cash prediction... Please imagine if there are more alt coins like this, will the value still as high as bitcoin cash? The answer should be NO.
I think this is a good prediction. As some other people in here I have also put some Bitcoins to Trex, so that I can instantly dump the first BTG fomo. I don'T believe in Bitcoin Gold because of the huge premine, so I will dump it all over the time.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:27:38 PM

I 'll sell it asp , i do not see any future on it .. Only once active developer .
I predict that the price of btc gold is the same as bch at the first launch and there will be dumpers who make btc gold drop. They sell btc gold for bitcoin, they don't want to hold btc gold. I think BCH is the first sample of hardfork and the follower will not be different. Bitcoin holders still keep their bitcoin after hardfork for increasing price.
flag39

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:32:57 PM

As you know there is another fork beside bitcoingold, Segwit 2x, and the latter I heard does not include replay protection, which means it will not be another chain an in turn another coin. I heard this could even destroy bitcoin( I wish NOT). In this case Bitcoingold will be GOLD???
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:39:46 PM

Bitcoin Cash was really recent, and this looks like an attempt to copy the success.  Whether you like the coin or not, Bitcoin Cash has a decent market cap, and seemingly came out of nowhere.  I don't know the devs of Bitcoin Gold personally but the timing is suspicious.  Do we need another clone already? 

Anything can happen but I suspect it will fizzle, followed by a BTC price drop and altcoins increasing as a result of money going back from speculators looking for free money.  It seems the major alt coins are down ~15% or so in the last two weeks.

I suggest not stressing about it too much.  If you can make some $$ one way or the other then why not take advantage?  On the other hand the coin is unproven.  There are better, more mature coins for anyone looking at long term value.
I don't think this has anything to do with copying the success of bitcoin cash. This hard fork was planned before the bitcoin cash fork even went live.

I wouldn't stress about it too much either. If you don't transact your bitcoins you should be fine and the worst thing that can happen is you receiving a certain percentage of bitcoin for basically free.
PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:01:01 PM

Hardfork has not yet happened, Bitcoin Gold is still a unknown. I can not predict the price of Bitcoin Gold after its release because there is not any clear information on this. But I hope that its price is not too low, if it has average price or higher Bitcoin Cash is better then. I think there will be many who would like it like me. As for the Bitcoin Gold exploit, I think it will also be exploited normally through the tools as we exploit Bitcoin. But to know more details we need to wait after it's born
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:16:42 PM

Today, BTG started trading on Yobit. Volume is quite high and it is trading at 0.07 BTC right now. 24 hours high was 0.19 BTC and since then it is getting continuously dumped as expected. Price might recover when Bittrex starts with trading. But as for now I think price remain fluctuating below 0.1 BTC. I believe BTG won't survive like BCH. It will get dumped soon if bulk holders doesn't manipulate the market.
Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:29:18 PM

My prediction will be start at 10k sats Smiley Then boom like BCH up to 0.4 btc Smiley
etter

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:31:32 PM

Hard to predict what will happen, as with every such airdrop we end up with the same whales that are BTC whales. So we should wait and see how they decide to play it. However, I do think that the initial dump is inevitable.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: