Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:36:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricky Question, Sell BTC and buy Altcoin?  (Read 2155 times)
RayDali0

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:35:55 AM

In the previous BTC correction at 4500usd. Alt coins are not yet on its lowest deep so theres no pumping happened. But now all coins specially Eth, Ltc, Dash, STR are now on its perfect takeoff position.

Yes they pump today, but dont buy now these coins will dump again, buy them after the next btc dip.

It is  a good time for Crypto Land, we are on the moon,.... and even better.
When we have to sell Bitcoin and buy Altcoin?
Forking makes your Bitcoin higher,
so I can sell it.

These extra money can be used to buy (cheap) altcoins,... anyone has suggestion when do I have to start to buy it?

The above advises are a thing that a newbie needs.
I got things here:
A momentum is there, built up;
Note:
Technical Analysis also similar

Some update may be introduced;
This a bit google things. Checked.

The most important:
Buy after the BTC stagnant (dip) has just started.

Cool.

More advises from any one for consideration?
Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 12:42:00 PM

so I can sell it.

These extra money can be used to buy (cheap) altcoins,... anyone has suggestion when do I have to start to buy it?

That’s correct thing to do at this point. But we should really wait until November because that’s the exact period when we will know what’s up with the bitcoin and altcoin rates. I mean during this fork period it might happen that people start dumping the bitcoin and buy altcoins so as to pump all he coins. Which means it could be good to buy bitcoin at lowest and wait for its next pump it’s come. As demand increase bitcoin increase by couple of thousand dollars thus making it more profitable as compared to alts.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:50:39 PM

At situations like this, wherein bitcoin's value is considerably high, I would suggest to hold, however, if already have enough bitcoins with you, it is up to you if you want to cash out, still as investors, we cannot pass on this moment that altcoins are on a bargain, we should also invest on altcoins that we see are going to be a leader in crypto currency as well. For me, rather than choosing which among the two should I go for, Bitcoin or altcoins, I would rather have both, since both have positive sides and negative sides, and in time, will give you profit, so why not have both, but if you mainly want to focus on bitcoins and not altcoins or vice-versa, it will be up to you, since both investments will just have the same risk, and Bitcoin having a high value already, could give you a glimpse on what altcoin's value could become.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:07:38 PM

I think today will the perfect time, the bitcoin price is starting to drop and alt price is going to go up, you need to act quick to get profit because this trend is not going to hold for a long time, but you need to remember playing with alt is a very dangerous thing
nofuture

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:17:37 PM

Bitcoin price is about %5600 now. I think you should wait until it recovers at least $6000. After that, you can sell and buy altcoin. Some altcoins I suggest are Modero, Ripple, ETH and Monacoin.

▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ E i d o o ▬ your blockchain asset experience ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ " Token Sale Raised 82,372.33 ETH " ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ TwitterFacebook  ▰ BountyDiscussion ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:35:49 PM

Bitcoin price is about %5600 now. I think you should wait until it recovers at least $6000. After that, you can sell and buy altcoin. Some altcoins I suggest are Modero, Ripple, ETH and Monacoin.
This is the stupidity to investing in the coin who are not known by the common people and refusing such a valuable coin is not a good omen and those who are thinking about investing in other coins will surely meet loss because bitcoin is totally covering the price charts and dump in bitcoin will give rise to altcoin an possibility of dump is zero because bitcoin has become unstoppable now so think twice before investing. Otherwise if bitcoin price goes to 6k $ after then we need to hold it till when its price goes to hit 10k$.
desmodiAN

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:45:51 PM

btc had its pump the last 3 weeks. next 3 weeks dont expect to much, so yeah, try the altcoin train. but none of those bubble/nofeature/nocommunity coins...
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:58:15 AM

There is an opinion that altcoin should be bought when important news comes out about it, and during this time of the pump the altcoin should be sold.
That is not only case with altcoin only. Any sort of coin if you are dealing in, don’t matter what is it, what properties it hold, that would be best when it comes to the highest price coming in market. So better is to sell out when prices are getting higher and higher. You have to be careful and observant every time. Go ahead, wait for the good time and then sell. Good luck to you.

spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:29:45 AM

It is  a good time for Crypto Land, we are on the moon,.... and even better.
so I can sell it.

Since there is a fork happening. I am not changing my altcoins into bitcoins and store it to have BTG. I would lose a big amount of money if I do that. So I will just hodl my altcoins. Oh, this time around is the best buy for altcoins. Almost all alts are blood bath so go and buy right now. Selling bitcoin is now good since it is still at 5,500 mark.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
rockyboy

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:37:36 AM

I am thinking of that too, but i guess i am late for that moves, I've observed the alts are almost all green yesterday. I should think first before i proceed with that even though i want to buy it.

███    TWITTER    UbcoinMarket   WHITEPAPER    ███ PARTNERSHIPS
███       ANN          EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS         MEDIUM       ███    SAMSUNG
███  TELEGRAM  WEBSITE      FACEBOOK     ███       FLY 
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:39:35 AM

It is good to invest into altcoins with potential future, selling some bits of your bitcoin is okay. Despite the fact that most ICOs are scam, it is more better to invest into ICOs and wait for rise in price.
planfox

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:45:02 AM

I'll say so wait forks and sell a little, and then buy the alts in full and everything will be. Now they are very low in price and as long as there is such a price for bitcoins they will not be unfortunately.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:26:15 AM

so I can sell it.

I think you should wait a little more since November fork is not yet finished ( obviously) but you can get the opportunity to buy waves while it's price is very low. "Forking makes your Bitcoin higher" ? Maybe before forking but as what we can see bitcoin dipped after the fork.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:49:46 AM

so I can sell it.

It actually going to be on the basis of where you have your allegiance. While some people will hold the believe that this is the time to buy altcoin, others will prefer to stick and hold their coins. In my own case, I would prefer to not sell all bitcoin for the sake of alt coin rather, I would spread my risk to ensure that I don't lose out on both ends and at the same time be more careful about the choice of investments in alt coins because as they could return profit quickly, they could also return losses as well.
Landagert

Activity: 165

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:55:23 AM

so I can sell it.

I think you should wait a little more since November fork is not yet finished ( obviously) but you can get the opportunity to buy waves while it's price is very low. "Forking makes your Bitcoin higher" ? Maybe before forking but as what we can see bitcoin dipped after the fork.

Yeah i agree.

You should wait just before the fork happen. If not, it wont be worth the time and thought.

beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:47:51 PM

so I can sell it.

Well, if you can find yourself some pretty good altcoin, you can just hold some of them a little while you still have your bitcoin for the fork. However, even though we do not know how fast most of these altcoins are going to get pumped, I would advise you wait a little until after the fork and quickly buy some and then see how events turn out while you cash out profit.

Do not get too greedy though, no matter how little you get, dump it and wait for the next fork cause I still perceive some more bleeding before then.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:25:46 PM

There is an opinion that altcoin should be bought when important news comes out about it, and during this time of the pump the altcoin should be sold.

Cool if you share more,
Do you have any advise which coin that ll be updated soon?

I am curios to nominate it?

So it is better to sell some and buy altcoins,
Buying which one is that coin with more update?
I am looking further Smiley
No one can tell you which coin to buy at an exact point in time, you just have to watch closely yourself and make those decisions on which one you are purchasing based on the value at that point and the possibility of it increasing in value in a shortwhile. As good as you can make profit from altcoins is the same way you can lose badly when they get dumped. So you have to just stay smart.
JOSE2014

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:55:07 PM

Cool if you share more,
Do you have any advise which coin that ll be updated soon?

I am curios to nominate it?

So it is better to sell some and buy altcoins,
Buying which one is that coin with more update?
I am looking further Smiley
No one can tell you which coin to buy at an exact point in time, you just have to watch closely yourself and make those decisions on which one you are purchasing based on the value at that point and the possibility of it increasing in value in a shortwhile. As good as you can make profit from altcoins is the same way you can lose badly when they get dumped. So you have to just stay smart.

Bitcoin prices is low. Now altcoin is increases prices. Today altcoin is best to use. But bitcoin will be increase next time. Nowadays altcoin is prices incenses. altcoin is incress day by day and improve your self. Altcoin is help to start the mining process. So it good to use. Bitcoin is also give the more information for the mining process. Bitcoin good to improve your self and what you need information it will give to you. Both of good but process will be change any time.     
Bridg3Wat3r

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:13:38 PM

In short you are "gambling" because no one can tell Bitcoin price will go down or go up after the fork. Don't be too greedy, whatever you decide to do, friendly advice Wink

By the way,
This one thread is a real choice to read for newbie.

I sold some of BTC,
I bought altcoins, it s okay.

But I still keep some just in case there s a more chooce,
Bitcoin seems slso to seek new support,
Some for altcoin
Some for BTC dip
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:22:58 PM

so I can sell it.

After the forking, there's a high chance that bitcoin price will drop for a while and altcoins will rise up. I think there's no risk on selling your bitcoin now since its price is high now. And yes, it is also an ideal thing to buy altcoins now while their prices are still low. I recommend you to sell a part of the bitcoin that you have. Then after selling them, buy altcoins at low price but high market cap. You can check these coins at coinmarketcap.com. Altcoins at top 20 or 30 in market cap ranking are preferable. These includes litecoins and ripples. But take note that altcoins are best for a long term investment, so don't expect that after the bitcoin forking, these altcoins' prices will go up immediately. It usually takes some months for them to recover, especially that another bitcoin forking is expected to happen in November.
Everything you said was a hammer to the head of a nail except those in bold, altcoins are more apt for speculation and their relatively low capitalization, creates room for manipulations, so they hardly worth the while as long term investments.. 

We can see that most almost all altcoins made some recovery after the split, but the market generally is anticipating  Segwit2x (B2X) so the market for altcoins would most likely be ranging as most traders would prefer to still hodl Bitcoin to collect  B2X airdrop.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: