Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:59:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: why is it long term prospects of Ethereum?
strenght of ethereum - 12 (63.2%)
developers opinion of ethereum - 7 (36.8%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wil Ethereum surpass Bitcoin in the long term?  (Read 2177 times)
cryptopher1 (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:04:10 AM

Bitcoin ofcouse is the main cryptocurrency but what do you guys think of long term value of Ethereum? seems that developers do not like it much but its applications seems limitless. could it surpass bitcoin in future?
Jonashe

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

CryptoPuzzle.com developer

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 08:07:01 AM

The major event will be PoS switching for Ethereum. But I don't know if it will be "that good". Of course they'll be less energy and material cost, but security need mathematics. How to secure a network better than bitcoin without PoW ?

https://cryptopuzzle.com : NFT token on Ethereum Blockchain. Now on beta test on Ropsten Ethereum Network !
Republicofizmir

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:19:31 AM

Everybody knows, Eth is walk with sure steps.
I think it keeps a good plan for the future.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:25:54 AM

I think it won't surpass bitcoin but they both will grow significantly with time. There are great team and genius founder at ETH foundation to be success. It's already a lot.

PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:34:40 AM

I think ETH will stay the slver and BTC the gold
n1drow

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:36:05 AM

ETH have a future for sure, next two years will be a huge rise of it
diguyo

Activity: 274

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:38:50 AM

No I don't think so. I think both of them will rise, and presently ETH is undervalued, but I don't see it ever overtaking. I think the tech is strong and it might have more real-world/business uses (I see it working with existing banking), but I don't think it can ever surpass the value of BTC...at least that is without a major major crash and the banning of BTC or something.

cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:41:31 AM

yes both bitcoin and ethereum are the leading currencies but both are very different to each other and used in different ways, it is hard to know if ethereum will overtake bitcoin but anything can happen in this world

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:16:52 AM

I think it's not easy for ethereum to surpass btc in next 2-3 years but ethereum also has big potential to rise because daily lots of new coin launching using Ecr20 support wallet. Btc is the king of the market and very strong at the moment as compare to the ethereum. Rest all depends on ethereum dev how they approach for future development of ethereum.

Biglistener

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:18:13 AM

I think for myself not because many people trust in bitcoin while i know some people that don't trust altcoins. I trust fully in bitcoin so its would be hard for me to trust and invest in eth.

I have made some profit from investing in bitcoin so thats why i still use it also bitcoin is for me the best coin.
IAmLucas

Activity: 187
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:22:11 AM

I think ETH will stay the slver and BTC the gold

100% Agree, nothing will ever pass Bitcoin.
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 09:23:10 AM

I give ETH two more years before it becomes worthless.

maddealer

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:24:45 AM

No never, not any alt will do this.
AiloveYouks21

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:30:11 AM

Bitcoin ofcouse is the main cryptocurrency but what do you guys think of long term value of Ethereum? seems that developers do not like it much but its applications seems limitless. could it surpass bitcoin in future?
I think the price of ethereum in the future will not be much different from now because the platform is only used as a bitcoin stepping stone.
fateh1313

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:35:38 AM

My personal view about ethereum is positive because expert team and technology is much reliable with ethereum  but then also i can say bitcoin will be ahead then ethereum just because it was not only new technology of bitcoin it is new revolution given to market and business and it is accepted by many people and countries also      

Stockus Trading Platform — Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰INVEST▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 
  ◆ Twitter Facebook •  Pre-ICO starts on 6.11.2017 • TelegramMedium  ◆[/center
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:39:08 AM

If we draw an analogy bitcoin is like bank system while Ethereum is industrial sector. I suppose bitcoin will be TOP-1 coin for very long time.

CrazyCreeptonaut

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:40:38 AM

i dont think so, because ethereum has a lot of better alternative
well BTC has not alternatives

anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:44:36 AM

It may not happen so soon because BTC will also be working to maintain its lead in the cryptocurrency world. It will surely take a long time even if that will happen.
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:45:32 AM

Ethereum itself might not surpass bitcoin in the future. It is a given because ethereum is meant to be used to run smart contracts with the use of erc20 tokens while bitcoin is meant to be used for micro payments itself and is accepted more by all crypto merchants and users. People also tend to use ETH merely just for speculation while btc has more real world use. As time pass I believe it would only be the silver of cryptocurrencies.
inv2017

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:45:44 AM

well BTC has not alternatives
who knows... but what if a genius appear and invent such an alternative?  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: