Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:48:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PRISM - Who else is disgusted by this?  (Read 41053 times)
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 02:23:35 AM

America is a great country. The problem is that a majority of the population has degenerated in to a half retarded mass of reality show addicted mcdonalds employees.

The pupeteers at the top pull the strings any way they want.

What is really troubling is that Edward Snowden, in the best interests of human rights and mankind, exposed this information, and the US government will consider him a traitor and completely ruin his life. There is no escape for him now.

Collecting close to 100% of internet traffic, recording and archiving it, violating the privacy of every human they possibly can, to prevent a terrorist attack?

The terrorists have won. They gave the government the green card to manipulate American citizens any way they want. All under the guise of "protection."

Sorry for the rant, I'm just upset over all of this. Ignorance truly is bliss isn't it?
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
linuxer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Official Troll of bitcointalk,Certified by John K.

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:27:36 AM

American govt is the biggest legal terrorist organisation.
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 02:27:44 AM

How can all of these government employees sleep at night knowing that they're helping to devolve humanity by supporting this program?

Philip Zimbardo kindly explains

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment
Seth Otterstad

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:10:57 AM

For encrypted voice/video/chat, use Jitsi or RetroShare on your computer.  Pidgin has a plugin that can do encrypted chat, but no voice.  I like Jitsi.  I can just chat with people over googletalk and it's really easy for my friends to install and configure.

For Android there is Gibberbot

For Iphone there is ChatSecure.

For web browser there is crypto.cat

You don't need to pay $20/month for SilentCircle.  This is plenty of open source software.  Use it.

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:51:31 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 05:37:27 AM by rudrigorc2

auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:31:53 AM

lol... good one Grin
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 09:36:07 AM

While normally surveillance programs and stuff are pretty bad, this is the most hilarious one I've ever seen, no seriously, I'm really tempted to fuck with them, it's like a school teacher going on a power trip, there are just so many flaws with a system like this.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:37:54 AM

I already am. I use TrackMeNot, which sends around 10 search queries a hour and clicks on random links.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 09:42:24 AM

Cheesy
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:39:26 AM

I'm not digusted, was suspecting all this and much more ..  just surprised it went public..
IMO, much worst happen, we just dont have proof / know for sure
001sonkit

Activity: 784

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 01:59:02 PM

Not only disguted by what the us govt. is doing. Just to let you know. I am from hong kong, we got a bit of liberety here. And that guy who leak that thing is in hong kong and waiting for icelands' approval. Bad new that our hong kong govt have signed a treaty with america that if what he did is also violating hong kongs law. He could be orced to be brought back to america. Revealing national security sensitive data is not one but those computer havking is one of those.

For what i am more disgusted with. Is what China is doing. You see the walls they built (not the great wall but the great cencorship wall) and how they peek on QQs and im. Filter ou shit like the 4/6 tiananmen incident and those. Amd see how they treat the one who is leading and striving for a more liberative China. 
Reviewing what president Xi of china had said. We both (us and china) are dreaming the same dream. But for all of us on ghe world got liberty. Like you americans and we hing kong people. This dream is the beginning of the nightmare. All we hope is that prosm isnt the overture. But the finale of this

Sorry for typo. On my iCrap 4. Srsly i predict Apple rolls out ahit tonight

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
davedx

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 03:04:05 PM

Not only disguted by what the us govt. is doing. Just to let you know. I am from hong kong, we got a bit of liberety here. And that guy who leak that thing is in hong kong and waiting for icelands' approval. Bad new that our hong kong govt have signed a treaty with america that if what he did is also violating hong kongs law. He could be orced to be brought back to america. Revealing national security sensitive data is not one but those computer havking is one of those.

For what i am more disgusted with. Is what China is doing. You see the walls they built (not the great wall but the great cencorship wall) and how they peek on QQs and im. Filter ou shit like the 4/6 tiananmen incident and those. Amd see how they treat the one who is leading and striving for a more liberative China. 
Reviewing what president Xi of china had said. We both (us and china) are dreaming the same dream. But for all of us on ghe world got liberty. Like you americans and we hing kong people. This dream is the beginning of the nightmare. All we hope is that prosm isnt the overture. But the finale of this

Indeed, the world seems a dark place lately. I just hope he doesn't end up in the same place as Bradley Manning.

Bitcoin is one piece of a larger puzzle to promote liberty, prosperity and democracy.
Support the EFF with your Bitcoins. https://supporters.eff.org/donate
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:19:42 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

So much irony here posting this on the internet for others to see. I am disgusted. This year is 2013, next year will be 1984.

The NSA can see everything we do online. Everything we did online.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 03:51:23 PM

So much irony here posting this on the internet for others to see. I am disgusted. This year is 2013, next year will be 1984.

The NSA can see everything we do online. Everything we did online.
That's kind of frightening  Lips sealed

herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 03:51:32 PM

so how would they deal with 6 billion dissenters anyway? we're the one who feed them.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
FoBoT

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:29:09 PM

i am disgusted
the oligarchs control the world by controlling governments and corporations
we are debt slaves to a small group who rule with hidden tyranny

bread and circuses , look it up
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 01:21:00 AM

Glad to hear you share my sentiment on the issue. The internet should be a bastion of freedom for all mankind. It's turning in to a death trap. I understand a large majority of internet traffic routes through the US, but it doesn't give our government literal ownership.

It feels good to know that blind patriotism doesn't exist here, and even though people like you are halfway across the world from myself, we have a common goal and are united in the interest of preserving freedom and the basic rights of humanity. The sad thing is, I think these policies will get much worse before the tide turns for the better.

Can't say I'm an Apple fan  Wink , but then again I'm not much of a Google or Microsoft fan anymore either since they gladly hand themselves over to the PRISM project.....
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 01:23:47 AM

so how would they deal with 6 billion dissenters anyway? we're the one who feed them.

I doubt they could, but it is going to take a lot more poking and prodding of the people before the general populace stands up against this crap. Many people are just too dumb to realize, or too apathetic to care. As Edward Snowden said, they are content living mundane lives and not giving  one single shit about the fact that they are under complete surveillance and lack any sort of privacy whatsoever.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:34:38 AM

I'd hoped never to see it confirmed, but it's a US problem only I hope:

Documents leaked by NSA contractor Edward Snowden[6] in June 2013 describe the PRISM program as enabling in-depth surveillance on live communications and stored information. It provides for the targeting of any customers of participating corporations who live outside the United States, or American citizens whose communications include web content of people outside the United States. Data which the NSA is able to obtain under PRISM allegedly includes email, video and voice chat, videos, photos, voice over IP conversations, file transfers, login notifications and social networking details.[7]

I would say it is more targeted at non-US citizens.

So what? Are foreigners not people who deserve privacy?

I'm not saying it is right.  I'm just noting that it is ostensibly directed at non-US citizens and communications with them.
I am reminded here of a number of things.  Like picking out a place to sit down in the grass and avoiding one where there are a couple ants.  Because there are never "a couple ants."   There's a huge swarm of them of which I saw a couple.

It's the little bit pregnant type of a problem.
TomUnderSea

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:10:50 AM

I'd hoped never to see it confirmed, but it's a US problem only I hope:

Documents leaked by NSA contractor Edward Snowden[6] in June 2013 describe the PRISM program as enabling in-depth surveillance on live communications and stored information. It provides for the targeting of any customers of participating corporations who live outside the United States, or American citizens whose communications include web content of people outside the United States. Data which the NSA is able to obtain under PRISM allegedly includes email, video and voice chat, videos, photos, voice over IP conversations, file transfers, login notifications and social networking details.[7]

I would say it is more targeted at non-US citizens.

So what? Are foreigners not people who deserve privacy?

I'm not saying it is right.  I'm just noting that it is ostensibly directed at non-US citizens and communications with them.
I am reminded here of a number of things.  Like picking out a place to sit down in the grass and avoiding one where there are a couple ants.  Because there are never "a couple ants."   There's a huge swarm of them of which I saw a couple.

It's the little bit pregnant type of a problem.

Inside the US, the uproar is about monitoring of US citizens.  Simply put, it is expected that NSA and like organizations will monitor non-US citizens.  As a US citizen, I am pissed that my activities are stored on an NSA computer.  As a non-US citizen, I would be pushing my government very hard to shut down the ability of the US to monitor the rest of the world's internet.

Longer term, this is just plain ugly.  The innocence of the internet is gone.  We had whispers before but this exposes the entire darkness of internet enabled surveillance.

Every little BTC helps.  14P3TfbttSpQ3BxUjwrUrmNU6F4mB9aMS5
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: