Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:04:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PRISM - Who else is disgusted by this?  (Read 41053 times)
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 12:38:26 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

So much irony here posting this on the internet for others to see. I am disgusted. This year is 2013, next year will be 1984.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:45:01 AM

I tried to search more on this and my browser crashed. Im scared.
melvster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:45:09 AM

I'd hoped never to see it confirmed, but it's a US problem only I hope:

“Given the large number of German users of Google, Facebook, Apple or Microsoft services, I expect the German government… is committed to clarification and limitation of surveillance. In addition, the reports illustrate the importance of strengthening the European data protection law. The dilatory attitude of the EU Interior and Justice Ministers towards the Privacy Policy reform package is a completely wrong signal.”
“We have seen the media reports and we are of course concerned for possible consequences on EU citizens’ privacy. For the moment it is too early to draw any conclusion or to comment further. We will get in contact with our U.S. counterparts to seek more details on these issues.”
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 12:55:49 AM

“Given the large number of German users of Google, Facebook, Apple or Microsoft services, I expect the German government… is committed to clarification and limitation of surveillance. In addition, the reports illustrate the importance of strengthening the European data protection law. The dilatory attitude of the EU Interior and Justice Ministers towards the Privacy Policy reform package is a completely wrong signal.”
“We have seen the media reports and we are of course concerned for possible consequences on EU citizens’ privacy. For the moment it is too early to draw any conclusion or to comment further. We will get in contact with our U.S. counterparts to seek more details on these issues.”

I guess supposedly it will be used to examine the communication between US citizens and anyone from outside the country. Example: this thread.

We are really facing a snowballing issue here in the United states. Blatant disregard for the rights of Americans and their privacy.
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 12:56:39 AM

I tried to search more on this and my browser crashed. Im scared.

Uh-Oh, better clear your browser cache, delete search history, etc.  Tongue

Nevermind it's too late, you've been caught in the prism.
TomUnderSea

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:57:16 AM

Documents leaked by NSA contractor Edward Snowden[6] in June 2013 describe the PRISM program as enabling in-depth surveillance on live communications and stored information. It provides for the targeting of any customers of participating corporations who live outside the United States, or American citizens whose communications include web content of people outside the United States. Data which the NSA is able to obtain under PRISM allegedly includes email, video and voice chat, videos, photos, voice over IP conversations, file transfers, login notifications and social networking details.[7]

I would say it is more targeted at non-US citizens.

Every little BTC helps.  14P3TfbttSpQ3BxUjwrUrmNU6F4mB9aMS5
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:57:23 AM

Documents leaked by NSA contractor Edward Snowden[6] in June 2013 describe the PRISM program as enabling in-depth surveillance on live communications and stored information. It provides for the targeting of any customers of participating corporations who live outside the United States, or American citizens whose communications include web content of people outside the United States. Data which the NSA is able to obtain under PRISM allegedly includes email, video and voice chat, videos, photos, voice over IP conversations, file transfers, login notifications and social networking details.[7]

So what? Are foreigners not people who deserve privacy?
TomUnderSea

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:58:53 AM

I'm not saying it is right.  I'm just noting that it is ostensibly directed at non-US citizens and communications with them.

FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:06:53 AM

Have you all seen the Edward Snowden video?  Scary.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 01:07:49 AM

I'm not saying it is right.  I'm just noting that it is ostensibly directed at non-US citizens and communications with them.

It's violating everyone's rights. They can see anything they want. There's not much we can do to protect ourselves right now. If you push enough of their buttons you'll inevitably get an unwanted knock at your door
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:09:13 AM

everyone is disgusted by this, its no longer to stop terrorism, its to spy on americans who are tired of the totalitarian leadership of the US. The founding fathers of our country are rolling in their graves.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 01:24:17 AM

He doesn't want to be considered a hero, but he really is.

Give it a week, the major news outlets will report that he was actually addicted to heroine, was suspected of rape 5 years, and had ties to some violent militia group. They will do everything they can to bury this and ruin his credibility.
TomUnderSea

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:34:45 AM

It's violating everyone's rights. They can see anything they want. There's not much we can do to protect ourselves right now. If you push enough of their buttons you'll inevitably get an unwanted knock at your door

I don't disagree.  I am sickened by this.  Consider that simply posting on this site makes me a candidate for surveillance by Prism.  I would happily discuss my preparations for dealing with an iron-booted government but they are listening.  Let us just say the 2nd Amendment exists for a reason.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:51:37 AM

"Turn-key tyranny."

But you could really see the fear in his eyes.  This man is a real American, if I could put it that way; an actual hero.  He knew what could've happened to him if he let those secrets go and yet let his morals get the better of him.  A real human being.

But this just keeps making that line between the American people and the American government so much thicker and obvious.  They're not us, and they're not with us, is the theme that keeps cropping up.

TomUnderSea

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:54:11 AM

Benjamin Franklin - "Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."

craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 02:13:07 AM

They have unlimited power. Already we've so many constitutional violations, they keep pushing the limits "in the best interest of the American people."

Everytime I see more news about intrusive policies that invade the privacy of citizens, the British Government in the film "V for Vendetta" comes to mind.

linuxer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Official Troll of bitcointalk,Certified by John K.

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:14:42 AM

I'll tell you one solution, stop using services provided by american companies. Fuck amrica Fuck Obama

www.boycottamerica.org FTW.

American government is going crazy, they think they can do anything, they want to abuse their powers.
They want to make other countries as their slaves, If they didn't stopped their bullshit, World war will happen some day.

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:15:33 AM

Oh say does that star spangled
banner yet waaaive?
For the land of the unfree...
and the home of the slaves.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
linuxer

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:18:32 AM

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/08/what_about_a_us_tech_boycott/
linuxer

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:20:15 AM

"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it." - Malcolm X

Fuck american govt
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: