Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:30:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any way to destroy the bitcoin?  (Read 3059 times)
geyayy

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:49:46 AM

I don't think that you can just easily destroy bitcoin, now that bitcoin is having a great reputation here in cryptocurrency world. Many people rely on bitcoin, for investment or for income. I also don't think that it is a good idea, destroying what most people rely on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:59:04 AM

Is there any way to destroy the bitcoin?  Not to hack or fake it but completely destroy the system.
i think to destroy bitcoin is to hack the block chain because that is the core of a cryptocurrency like bitcoin. but is not an easy thing to do since the blockchain is design with high security a cryptic system and it is decentralised that even a government cannot control it.
Are you sure about that? I do not think that will ever happen. because basically already too many hackers are trying to hack bitcoins but they can not. There may still be a way to destroy bitcoin, by destroying the entire internet network that exists in the world. So everyone will not look for bitcoin and from time to time the bitcoin will be forgotten and destroyed by itself.
Yadstiker

Activity: 373

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:03:40 AM

Way back to when it started there are so many questions about destroying bitcoin, so as myself i even asked that too, and yes there is a way, but logically speaking if you are earning in a healthy way and dies have benefits from it, why would you choose to destroy it though? Funny right?
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 05:01:25 AM

If you can acquire the more than 50% hashing power then I don't see any difficulty in destroying the system. The other way is to delete the block and other records on every computer in the world and that is not practically possible. It is impossible for the virus too even if it is coming from the core version. There is no way to destroy Bitcoin through external tools, weapons or methods.
Smith871

Activity: 80
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:09:54 AM

Possibility is there like shutdown of internet will collapse the whole world and the communication will stop between the countries and there result will be in destroying the bitcoins similarly the miner themselves can stop to deliver the bitcoins so in such scenario bitcoins will destroy.
r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:10:16 AM

Yes. If the super nations attempted to control bitcoin or legalize bitcoin it could potentially destroy bitcoin because it will defeat its purpose. Bitcoin is supposed to be decentralized. Also, huge power players can move against it by buying lots of it and messing up with its value. I know the banks will be affected by the rise of bitcoin because people will begin withdrawing their money from the banks and buying bitcoin instead. The cash flow will hurt the banks and they will retaliate. But I think the people will protect bitcoin.

bitalive

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:17:05 AM

kill the world wide web, kill the technology and computing industry - it will be dead Smiley
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:46:27 AM

Yes bitcoin can be destroy in so many ways, what if the internet is turn off the existence of bitcoin is gone. And also bitcoin can also be destroy by the developer's them self's and the government can put an ene to all bitcoin activities there by leading to it total destruction.
mdripon

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:57:04 AM

Is there any way to destroy the bitcoin?  Not to hack or fake it but completely destroy the system.

bitcoin is digital currency and depend online,so if all over the world stop network however bitcoin be destroyed. and if businessman's do stop his transition however bitcoin be destroyed.

Activity Contest  \_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣____/  Promotion Contest
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
ICO Review Contest  / ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  ANN Thread  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ \  Signature Campaign
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 07:01:43 AM

If the whole internet suddenly goes dark and then all the holdings of bitcoin that you have saved no matter the amount can be instantly turned into oblivion. OR if the whole system resets or reboot due to a major change in the internet and digital systems then there is a great chance this would be adversely affected.

0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 07:18:04 AM

I don't think there is an instant way to destroy Bitcoin completely and I don't either think that the great founder Satoshi Nakamoto created something like a self destruction program with Bitcoin. Hacking it will I think take hundreds or even thousands of years just to make it disappear. But yeah those are just my opinion though I am not a programming expert and I am just a total noob in terms of computer technology. Bitcoin is a community driven investment asset so I think it is in the hands of it's users and supporters. If the community stops supporting Bitcoin and no one's using or holding it then it will probably crash or lost it's value.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
snackman

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

snack of all trades

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 07:20:29 AM

Is there any way to destroy the bitcoin?  Not to hack or fake it but completely destroy the system.

If the whole internet suddenly goes dark and then all the holdings of bitcoin that you have saved no matter the amount can be instantly turned into oblivion. OR if the whole system resets or reboot due to a major change in the internet and digital systems then there is a great chance this would be adversely affected.

I don't think we can destroy Bitcoin. Because it exists on Blockchain system. No one can control it. Unless Internet is disappeared. I don't think it will happen.

mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:27:09 AM

bitcoin has a high level security system, and this is probably more heavily than the world's security system, but nothing is impossible, because it's all man-made, and whatever is created by humans, it's certainly a weakness that will probably be one blame, which can be entered by a certain person
cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:27:45 AM

I don't think that there's a way to destroy the bitcoin because how they will hack it if it is secure? I think that even they going to hack it or fake it, they can't do it. But if there are a professional hacker he/she will have a way to destroy this, he can find a way to hack it even if this site is a secure system.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:07:55 AM

Yes. Although destroying Bitcoins isn't logical and quite stupid for someone who is in the crypto world to do, there are really many ways to do so. One is bombing the root of the block-chain literally. Lol.
Another is when goverments decide to prohibit the usage of bitcoins and other cryoto currencies present.
Legalization of bitcoins can also break it. Because with legalization comes with regulation. And if bitcoins and other crypto currencies get regulated, then it means others will lose interest. A lot. Because decentralization isthe most important asset of bitcoin. And without it., Bitcoin will lose morethan half of its supporters including me.
Well as for as relation of government is concerned to I don’t think so any government can do this because bitcoin is going to play a big role in the economy of any country if they regulate bitcoin so it can also help them and it can be good for bitcoin as well what I believe that internet can be only reason who can destroyed bitcoin the rest of there is no chance of it to destroyed.
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:11:06 AM

Is there any way to destroy the bitcoin?  Not to hack or fake it but completely destroy the system.

Yes. It should be pretty easy for someone like you. All you only need to do is just to locate the switch that on the blockchain network then switch it off and you get your wish without any hacking of faking anything. Just a switch. But that's on a lighter mode removing those things you said, if it had been that easy, you wouldn't even meet anything called bitcoin because that switch would have even been destroyed years back.
That's the best sarcasm ever heard Cheesy Tongue saying that I would add up that yes there one switch and these illegalization over the world. Some say that the darkweb would still continue to use it. Yes it will but the demand for btc will decrease largely affecting its price. Who in the darkweb would use it if it has no value.
sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:23:21 AM

I think there is no way, unless we can destroy the internet
Otherwise nothing will stop the BTC
BTC still exists and develops
sakkosekk

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:35:02 AM

Yes. It should be pretty easy for someone like you. All you only need to do is just to locate the switch that on the blockchain network then switch it off and you get your wish without any hacking of faking anything. Just a switch. But that's on a lighter mode removing those things you said, if it had been that easy, you wouldn't even meet anything called bitcoin because that switch would have even been destroyed years back.
That's the best sarcasm ever heard Cheesy Tongue saying that I would add up that yes there one switch and these illegalization over the world. Some say that the darkweb would still continue to use it. Yes it will but the demand for btc will decrease largely affecting its price. Who in the darkweb would use it if it has no value.
Agree with you that deepwed people often use BitCoin to transact illegal transactions
If one BitCoin date is no longer valid for the actual term, then I also think bitcoin will no longer be accepted at deepwed
sakkosekk

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:36:38 AM

Yes. Although destroying Bitcoins isn't logical and quite stupid for someone who is in the crypto world to do, there are really many ways to do so. One is bombing the root of the block-chain literally. Lol.
Another is when goverments decide to prohibit the usage of bitcoins and other cryoto currencies present.
Legalization of bitcoins can also break it. Because with legalization comes with regulation. And if bitcoins and other crypto currencies get regulated, then it means others will lose interest. A lot. Because decentralization isthe most important asset of bitcoin. And without it., Bitcoin will lose morethan half of its supporters including me.
Well as for as relation of government is concerned to I don’t think so any government can do this because bitcoin is going to play a big role in the economy of any country if they regulate bitcoin so it can also help them and it can be good for bitcoin as well what I believe that internet can be only reason who can destroyed bitcoin the rest of there is no chance of it to destroyed.
In the future I think governments will set up a separate department for cryt curency because it has a great influence on the financial status of a country as well as the world.
sakkosekk

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:40:54 AM

I don't think we can destroy Bitcoin. Because it exists on Blockchain system. No one can control it. Unless Internet is disappeared. I don't think it will happen.
I believe anything can happen
There are things we have not anticipated, not thinking about those scenarios
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: