Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:42:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any way to destroy the bitcoin?  (Read 3057 times)
alexzorgo

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:49:16 PM

The bitcoin itself will disappear, having given way to more perfect technology. Even before possible destruction of all its system. I think, only the huge pandemic of a special virus can be the most possible scenario of destroy. This virus can be specially developed by the government order and is everywhere implemented within several years. And then when it will extend rather widely, it can be started with the purpose to destroy all system of bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spinno

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:57:23 PM

It is possible but some much has been invested in bitcoin so it will be difficult to destroy it.
StanTheCat

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 12:04:34 AM

No internet, no Bitcoin..... take down the internet and Bitcoin has gone
ekstremista

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:09:35 AM

Behind bitcoin there's more than the network and the system. Behind bitcoin there's an idea -- and ideas are indestructible.
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:37:15 AM

Is there any way to destroy the bitcoin?  Not to hack or fake it but completely destroy the system.

I think bitcoin is good when it come in security so I think no one can destroy it. But if we are going to talk if who can stop to those people who's earning bitcoin all I can say is if they can shutdown the internet. Internet is the bridge to earn bitcoin without this bitcoin is useless.
Jendral Istimewa

Activity: 330
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:03:53 AM

Is there any way to destroy the bitcoin?  Not to hack or fake it but completely destroy the system.
the possibility that can destroy bitcoin, cessation of the Internet network, the internet is very important for all its users.

btc-hunter

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:54:14 AM

Just hit the wrong button and they are gone!  Roll Eyes

See ETH example.

Bitcoin is no more solvable into real money. If you try to sell 100k coins you can't! No one will buy it!

The real money just took the lead!
saqibmunir

Activity: 267
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:14:29 AM

Well there are ways that i can think of, one is to destroy the internet and you get to destroy bitcoin with it but the thing is we will be back to the dark ages, the other thing is to have every country ban bitcoin, not just new ICO's but a total ban and that will be the end of it. However, as to what is happening now bitcoin's price is on the rise and more small players will join in because of being attracted to the price.
the answer is simple just destroy the internet because cryptocurrency is on internet and if we will be able to destroy internet there will be no cryptocurrency in the world which we all know not going to happen ever in the world. I think all governments around the world will set up a separate department for cryptocurrency because it has a great influence on the financial status of a country as well as the world and also has a great impact on the economy of the country.
karmamiu

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:28:33 AM

Well there are ways that i can think of, one is to destroy the internet and you get to destroy bitcoin with it but the thing is we will be back to the dark ages, the other thing is to have every country ban bitcoin, not just new ICO's but a total ban and that will be the end of it. However, as to what is happening now bitcoin's price is on the rise and more small players will join in because of being attracted to the price.
the answer is simple just destroy the internet because cryptocurrency is on internet and if we will be able to destroy internet there will be no cryptocurrency in the world which we all know not going to happen ever in the world. I think all governments around the world will set up a separate department for cryptocurrency because it has a great influence on the financial status of a country as well as the world and also has a great impact on the economy of the country.

Simple as that. There is no need for complicated answers, but there is also one that we really need that can trigger bitcoin and internet,it our electrical power, once it is shut down, totally we will go back to the dark ages, we can't deny the fact that without energy we cannot perform those transactions and internet aside will be useless also.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████
█▄███████████
██████████
███████████████▄
█████████████████▌
█████████████████
████▀▀▀▀█████▌
██████▀▀▀███████
███████████▌
███████████▀█
█████████████
▀██████████████
████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░▀██▀░███
███░▀▀▀█░█░▀▀▀█░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░▀▀▀█░███
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░░███
▀████████████████████████▀
██████████
████████████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 09:51:26 AM

This question has been answered many times already. One way to destroy to spread some negative news about bitcoin that will result in a massive panic selling. When all of the coins have been sold and no one will buy, then that will be the time that bitcoin is destroyed. The second way is to destroy the internet, if you can destroy it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Nyenyepogi

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:54:52 AM

Of course only goverment if all goverment in all the world banmed this i think bitcoin will destroy  so i hope it didnt happen because bitcoin is so very profitable and helpful to all to buy some foods and paying some bills.
rajuahmed330

Activity: 450

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:11:04 AM

It is not possible to know it. But it may also be possible that in many countries bitcoin banning which can affect and read on it. So it can be said that since online currency is so difficult to say the future.

Be hardworker
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:19:02 PM

I'm not sure but if you shut all miners down at the exact same time then Bitcoin is destroyed.
Please explain how you would do it. I'd like to know your ideas because theoretically that could stop BTC, but in reality it will never happen. As long as the Internet stays on you can't switch off mining, just like you can't tell people to stay in their homes and expect them to comply.
The only way to destroy Bitcoin would be to break the encryption by creating a machine powerful enough to do it.

Even thought if the internet is going to be shutdown there is still no way that someone could destroy bitcoin, if the internet is going to be shutdown let's say for example, we can't say that bitcoin was already destroy, it is just out there alive and kicking, it is us who are dead if we couldn't access the internet, no internet, no bitcoin, I hoe you guys know that.

Bitcoin is decentralized, meaning, no one could touch it, except of course for Satoshi Nakamoto who invented bitcoin, I bet he is the only one who could do whatever he wanted to do with it.
YTBitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:23:02 PM

Yes. Although destroying Bitcoins isn't logical and quite stupid for someone who is in the crypto world to do, there are really many ways to do so. One is bombing the root of the block-chain literally. Lol.
Another is when goverments decide to prohibit the usage of bitcoins and other cryoto currencies present.
Legalization of bitcoins can also break it. Because with legalization comes with regulation. And if bitcoins and other crypto currencies get regulated, then it means others will lose interest. A lot. Because decentralization isthe most important asset of bitcoin. And without it., Bitcoin will lose morethan half of its supporters including me.
Well as for as relation of government is concerned to I don’t think so any government can do this because bitcoin is going to play a big role in the economy of any country if they regulate bitcoin so it can also help them and it can be good for bitcoin as well what I believe that internet can be only reason who can destroyed bitcoin the rest of there is no chance of it to destroyed.
In the future I think governments will set up a separate department for cryt curency because it has a great influence on the financial status of a country as well as the world.
Well I agree with you there are a lot of ways to destroy bitcoin but as you said when a government stop use of bitcoin but here I have also a question that why any government can do so bitcoin is acutely going to play a big role in economy of any country and bitcoin have also reduce unemployment in many countries so I don’t think so any government can take action against bitcoin.
Yes there are so many ways for the destruction of bit coin for example all investors stops their investment in it  there will be no life of bit coin as the life of bit coin is dependent on socio economic condition and thing is world war is also very dangerous for the survival of bit coin
It is so stupid thinking that Bitcoin can ever destroy. Bitcoin is worldwide no. 1 crypto currency. But in very rare cases that will be happened only. Means government banned on Bitcoin. The people can’t support of it. And the other on e it investors stops the investing money on Bitcoin, and then we can think over it. Mostly people want to invest money on Bitcoin as they made their life comfortable and convenient.
HagueCrypto

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:28:59 PM

To destroy it, you need to shut down the internet worldwide. That will never happen.
Society will revolt  Grin
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6095

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:51:28 PM

There is an attack that has been discussed more for Proof of Stake currencies, but is also possible with Proof of Work currencies like Bitcoin. It is so deadly that you will need billions of dollars or a hard fork to stop it.

So the original blockchain will be "destroyed", although it's possible that a fork continues to live after it.  (Don't panic: it is nothing totally new, it was already discussed in more "technical" altcoin threads years ago.)

The attack can even be profitable for the attacker, but he needs about 5 billion dollars of "liquid" capital at the start.

First, the attacker buys mining hardware and/or cloud mining contracts for 4 of the billion dollars, and begins to mine. This should give him pretty fastly a 50+% advantage.

Then, he borrows Bitcoin with a large margin, using the remaining billion a collateral, and short sells them. At the same time he issues a larger double spend and then launches an 51% attack. The double spend can give him a bit of profit - but it's the fact that he did control the network that will make the price plummet down. If he times his short sell well, then he can make billions of profit.

If his intentions are to destroy Bitcoin, then he can invest the profits in more hardware and keep 51%ing the network, effectively forcing it into shutdown or a hard fork with a mining algorithm chainge - and uncertain outcome.

Even if the attacker "takes his profits" and doesn't continue to 51% the chain, if this attack once happens  successful, then the whole confidence in Bitcoin will be severely hit and it's likely that a few months later it will be dead or almost-dead (price <$10).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:59:01 PM

Why should some one even conceive this kind of thought in his/her hart is it that we human being are just wicked and anti progress in natour. You seeking ways to destroy bitcoin instead of finding means to improve it, well for your information you can't destroy what you can't build. Bitcoin can only be destroy by those that developed it e.g santoshi Nakamoto himself alone can do that or better still if you are able to turn off the blockchains and the entire internet itself.
markint

Activity: 329
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:05:20 PM

I believe that nothing that has been done by man has yet achieved perfection, and it will always be possible for malicious minds to find a way to violate practically anything. And this seems especially true in everything related to developments based on digital technology, taking into account the great advances that are presented every day in this field. Therefore the people behind bitcoin engineering have to face big challenges every day to keep bitcoin safe.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:13:20 PM

Bitcoin has gained a strong market, a proof for the same is the recent plans of bitcoin addition to the world market Nasdaq and other such markets. So, an external force will not tend to destroy the growth of bitcoin or lead it to end with some issues. Bitcoin is power-packed to overcome any issues.

qwertyuiop0987654321

Activity: 185

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:34:32 PM

Of course there is a way, there is always a way to anything after all. The people themselves can do this thing. Developers didn't find a common language with the miners, the users hold the coins and don't want to run them in turn. Legalize and attempt to regulate bitcoin can also destroy everything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: