Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:29:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any way to destroy the bitcoin?  (Read 3059 times)
attentionSicker

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:15:06 PM

Everything that is made by humans are vulnerable including bitcoin, of course there is a way to destroy it. But why would you try to destroy if it helps a lot those who depends only in it? As long as its not a threat to humanity, you don't have the reason to destroy it.

E l i g m a           AI-driven and blockchain-based cognitive commerce platform     
│| ███████████ |│    JOIN PRESALE   ★  March 20th  ★     │| ██████████ |│
WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      MEDIUM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
seanskie18

Activity: 370
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:07:21 PM

I don't know if there's anyway to destroy bitcoin and if I have the right to control bitcoin, I won't allow it to happen because bitcoin is the only one can help to earn money especially to those unemployed people.

Mainman08

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:31:10 PM

There are so many ways to destroy bitcoin. If hackers launched a massive cyber attack and destroy the cryptocurrency world. Or all government will ban all bitcoin users and arrest all bitcoin users.

rika0223

Activity: 634
Merit: 128

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:37:05 PM

I think to the hackers who always want to try to try again to steal, I am confused with people like that, how bad those who have the desire to steal, and we must be more careful always keep our account do not get hit by hackers
linkfield

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:28:04 PM

Since it was created, then it can also be destroyed, but I don't think that would happen in the next year or so. Give it at least 5 years before it depreciates and then, it will vanish.
Essaint56

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:18:21 AM

There are so many ways to destroy bitcoin. If hackers launched a massive cyber attack and destroy the cryptocurrency world. Or all government will ban all bitcoin users and arrest all bitcoin users.

Really? Hackers cannot do anything to destroy bitcoin. Bitcoin was made secure and robust to stand any kind of cyber attacks. However, hackers can target exchange sites or any third party services and it is happening yet it cannot destroy the bitcoin.
mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:51:43 AM

There are many ways to destroy bitcoin bitcoin one of it is to banned bitcoin ask over the world because if it is happen there bitcoin will get down because the users may sell ask their stock and the bitcoin will lose all their investors and users all over the world thats why it can be down and also when the internet get down I think the bitcoin will also get down because internet is the medium of bitcoin.
loof99

Activity: 524
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:21:13 PM

For me, the other way of destroying bitcoin is to destroy the faith of those cryoto enthusiasts since they are the once responsible for the spreading of bitcoin. And that would be a hard way.
Laurayaki

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:23:52 PM

Controlling information is the most economical way to destroy bitcoin, or grabbing all the bitcoins and flushing it ahah
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:47:17 PM
Merited by ClarksonI (1)

For me, the other way of destroying bitcoin is to destroy the faith of those cryoto enthusiasts since they are the once responsible for the spreading of bitcoin. And that would be a hard way.

There are some attempts to make this real. When people say Bitcoin is a currency mainly used by terrorists, drug dealers and criminals in general, they are trying to make the ordinary Bitcoin's enthusiast think it's a dirty world, crowded by the humanity's scum, so the common person will think twice before start investing and bringing more people to invest too, as he doesn't want to be categorized on this group...

Fortunately, this strategy doesn't have much effect and even more people are finding the truth by themselves, so it's not a serious menace for Bitcoin survival at this moment, a hard way as you said.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:49:15 PM

Is there any way to destroy the bitcoin?  Not to hack or fake it but completely destroy the system.

You cannot destroy bitcoins because no one can afford to buy all the supply in the market since it was very expensive. Billionaires like billgates can destroy bitcoins but they are not interested since they already have a huge amount of wealth in their pocket.
btctalk123

Activity: 274

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:16:19 PM

Of course that there is.. If banks + some governments decide to create a huge fud over bitcoin, i am sure that everybody will be like crazy trying to sell all their bitcoins.
This is just like a trust system, it works exactly like that.

JoshuaBoyd954

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:10:49 AM

It has already been answered a lot of times before.. but yes, there are some ways that bitcoin could be destroyed, the most common way is if all the most important banks decide to spread a massive fud over bitcoin, and this will make the whole market collapse and everybody will enter in panic selling mode, and this will make the price go down by some thousands. And then, some governments will do the same as the banks, and everybody would lost their faith on bitcoin, or almost everyone.

I think  it will not possible, all solution depends on if, means if... happen .... destroy.  this if is not possble anymore.
Inggridpratiwi

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:18:19 PM

I think it is now safe to say that we have arrived
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:39:50 PM

Of course that there is.. If banks + some governments decide to create a huge fud over bitcoin, i am sure that everybody will be like crazy trying to sell all their bitcoins.
This is just like a trust system, it works exactly like that.

Collectively, the governments of the world can connive and come together and destroy bitcoins with a single decision when that happens, the price is going to go so down that everyone would be in a hurry to sell before the currency eventually becomes worthless.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:25:57 PM

I think it is now safe to say that we have arrived
We are safe with bitcoin nothing can destroy bitcoin it has bright future, as you are right now it is hard to make bitcoin down as it has achieved the perfection. It takes very malicious mind to get a way for practically doing something like this so people are saying but nothing will happen in reality. It is the age of digital technology so I think bitcoin is the best example for it so bitcoin is good and it will grow as fast as it is possible.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:13:04 AM

Is there any way to destroy the bitcoin?  Not to hack or fake it but completely destroy the system.

Yes. It should be pretty easy for someone like you. All you only need to do is just to locate the switch that on the blockchain network then switch it off and you get your wish without any hacking of faking anything. Just a switch. But that's on a lighter mode removing those things you said, if it had been that easy, you wouldn't even meet anything called bitcoin because that switch would have even been destroyed years back.
Woah, it is just that easy? Well I think you are right but, switching off the blockchain network won't destroy the bitcoin. It will just stop bitcoin temporary I guess. And eventually it will still run. My suggestion is to destroy that switch in order to destroy bitcoin  permanently Cheesy. But please, never attempt to destroy bitcoin. More people are depending on it.

404 Not Found
PandoraToken

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:42:17 AM

I guess if the NSA hackers would really decide to crack down on Bitcoin they would manage it. Don't forget that most computers in the world are likely to have backdoors that they could exploit...
Spanopohlo

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

Aim High! Bow Low!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:04:31 AM

Well Yeah! we can destroy bitcoin and its easy, we just have to lose its value in the market and we can easily left it in a corner. Another way is that we can ban it at a certain country, rendering it useless in transactions, trading and buy and sell. To completely ban it around the world, we just let the government of each country control it and then completely block it in their place. But the fastest most easiest way is to stop the use of internet but thats very impractical. 

imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:10:29 AM

I guess if the NSA hackers would really decide to crack down on Bitcoin they would manage it. Don't forget that most computers in the world are likely to have backdoors that they could exploit...

bitcoin itself cannot be hack rather the bitcoin wallets or exchanges can be but they may still struggle to do it as it really secure rather hackers only do another way such as making a phising site or a clone site that is really identical to another site in order for them to possibly steal the info or password of their victim . Other method is by creating a malware or a kind of bad software so that they can easily infect it to a downloader of their file.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: