Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:06:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: you guys seeing this!!! some one just bout thousands of btc.  (Read 4003 times)
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 07:53:24 AM

Welcome to the United State Goverment people! Who else would have the power to manipulate the price like this, and the motive to do so?? All those tax free transactions are eating at then, and they can't take it anymore!!

Or not.  Anyone with $10M can easily manipulate the Bitcoin market.  That won't change until the markets are much deeper and much bigger.  It hardly takes the resources of a nation state and certainly not the United States. Somalia central bank would have the resources to push the Bitcoin market around.

This has to be my favorite quote on bitcointalk so far... I might have to give Dr. Abdisalam Omer a call and see if we can work out a price manipulation deal Smiley

Memphis BBQ is ok

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
mewsie

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:20:00 AM

Memphis BBQ is ok

OK? Just ok? You take that back! Tongue
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:41:22 PM

Regarding the person(s) who moved the price all the way back up to $110 or so, what are the chances that there are people who have a vested interest in the price not dropping to low?

What happens to Bitcoins adoption at a price of over $100? I'd say it slows things down. Would someone purchase BTC to keep the price from dropping for that reason?

Not saying this is the answer at all, but why would a person buy 15k BTC's at market, with so much slippage, instead of letting the price fall further and just picking it up slowly or put
in a market order?

It is worrying because two weekends in a row we had these "weird" sell offs. I say weird because there are better times to sell. Much has been mentioned of this being manipulative.
The larger buy in a sense, also was...

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
10c

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:46:42 PM

Maybe vc's are interested in keeping the price stable at that point for a while to set a new low.

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:47:29 PM

Maybe vc's are interested in keeping the price stable at that point for a while to set a new low.

That definitely crossed my mind and I know I mentioned it as a possibility somewhere. That trade I mentioned above, that many talked about on the wall thread in this forum, is just too fishy.
We'll see what happens next weekend...

I'm at a crossroads, bear trap or bull trap... or a bit of both?  Cheesy

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
10c

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:57:33 PM

I thought it was fishy as well.
The option I gave is actually the one I'm hoping for but on the other hand it could just be a pump.
I actually don't think mister loads of coin is going to be dumping before we have descent support in the 120 range.
It would be stressing the market to much and could lead us to an even more bearish market.
He cashed out a nice chunk already and if he doesn't need to pay up, it could sustain him for a while to let the market recover.
I actually suspect major dumps when all the bulls are yelling 'to tha moon and beyond!'

That's also the reason for me not selling a part of my own coins. I would like to cash out a few and hold them in fiat on an exchange to buy back when we hit 60-70 after these dumps
For the record I'm no big fish and wouldn't even qualify as 'super node' but I am a 'node'  Wink

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: