Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:40:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem of nowadays ICOs  (Read 1765 times)
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2828
Merit: 575

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:03:56 AM

Don't you think that the problem of ongoing and upcoming ICOs is not the quality of projects (certainly there are scam projects, but there are also a great deal of really working projects backed with technology) but the problem is in the quality of investors who don't really make their research and mostly even don't care do read anything about the project they are going to invests in. They are in rush to buy any altcoins because it seems to be an easy way to make money for them.. What do you think?

I have to agree. Investors don't want to do research on what ICO are they going to invest. As soon as they see someone opened up a ICO, they immediately rush to it because the offering to get their tokens is very cheap. They don't even read the whitepaper I guess. And they they would cry out loud saying that the ICO is a scam project and the dev behind is not legit and has shady past. They should have look at the team behind first before making such investment. Its their fault that they easily swayed by the beautiful words put up by the team behind.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:34:39 AM

The projects of all ICO's in the market has a good quality the only reason why they experience lack of investors or not much given prioritize is because there's a lot of ICO introduce in the market and people tend to find it difficult recognizing the best one to invest. I think if they will put some limitations in making different ICO they can penetrate the market and earn good profit from it.

Dilution of ICO attention definitely can be one of the common issue nowadays as there are a lot of ICO coming into the crypto space everyday.  However, it is still heavily based on doing your own due diligence. For example, recently Quantstamp is a solid company and  they are gaining a lot of attention. You can look at their report on Request and it is a work of excellency.
Franko30

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:35:40 AM

Scam is a huge problem of our time, but it predictable for sure. It is a just a step to filter ppl who want easy money, and don't think abt projects itself. I think it's a good trend that only smart ppl become rich and  push technology to future.  I know one good ico that i recommend you, just try to look and find more abt confideal
WhaleSlayer

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:04:25 PM

IMO the biggest problem around with 100s of new ICOs is that most devs are thinking adding 'blockchain' to any project is a miracle $$$ printing machine. They just want to collect money without solving any real problem and without need of blockchain in the project.

Yes, but on the other side you have investors who most of the times are not interested in the project at all, but they are interested only in a project which *sounds* cool, so as to resell immediately their tokens to latecomers for a higher price as soon as the ICO is over.
The whole game is quite sick...
Creating N Action

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:20:49 PM

Nowadays ICOs are many problems, it is hard ti choose an ICOs when we are ready to join in because almost ICOs are not real and scam. I also suggest that many members are don't have care and lazy to do research those projects that given by company. More investors dont care about projects that need completest. But the projects in ICOs give a good profit if you work in it and show a good attitude.

Team Saske

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

https://goo.gl/ePsALC

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 03:58:05 PM

The projects of all ICO's in the market has a good quality the only reason why they experience lack of investors or not much given prioritize is because there's a lot of ICO introduce in the market and people tend to find it difficult recognizing the best one to invest. I think if they will put some limitations in making different ICO they can penetrate the market and earn good profit from it.

You can look at their report on Request and it is a work of excellency.

Link?

FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:13:25 PM

Don't you think that the problem of ongoing and upcoming ICOs is not the quality of projects (certainly there are scam projects, but there are also a great deal of really working projects backed with technology) but the problem is in the quality of investors who don't really make their research and mostly even don't care do read anything about the project they are going to invests in. They are in rush to buy any altcoins because it seems to be an easy way to make money for them.. What do you think?
What you just mentioned is nothing but the truth, a lot of investors are lazy to read and research about the projects they are willing to invest in. If this persists, a lot investors will get scammed in the near future and their funds will be no where to be recovered.

In my opinion, I think the best thing to do as investors is to read up about certain projects that you are willing to invest in so that you can avoid getting scammed. Not all projects are legit, we live in a world surrounded by scammers and we should be more careful as to where we are putting our money at. Only invest in ICOs which you believe in and which you believe that they have better chances of benefitting you from your initial investment.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
jlp

Activity: 266
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:13:29 PM

Absolutely agree.

Read:

3 kinds of ICOs - Protect Yourself
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2243157
sweetpeaches

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:55:09 AM

Everyone say everything scam.
It's true that majority of ICO's - scam.
But there are few legit projects like Confideal around.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:09:13 AM

Ico and airdrop is a way to earn money quickly. They gather the community to make white paper and form a team. all interested then throw it no follow-up.
Their products are junk coins.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
Boomber

Activity: 826

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:10:40 AM

I think the problem is investor want get some instant profit buy at ICO get bonus sale and they sell it after ICO.
But now you can see almost all project after ICO end, the price falling down.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:17:33 AM

Problem never changes. These days we call them ICO few years before we were saying them shit coin.
30 years before we were calling bankrupt and names always changes.
there are some legit people and scammers always. We need to spot out scammers.
shinharu10282016

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:21:28 AM

Nowadays ICOs are unfortunately not setting the expectations right. They are claming their ICO will be the best one , most profitable one etc.. What i look for in an ICO is being realistic about the project and setting their project on strong pillars. I prefer doable projects ratherdan dream sellers.

Those are the things I search for in ICOs.

The tenure of their stay in the cryptocurrency must be stable enough for "smart investors" to invest to them, or

ignorant investors, will just dump their money right at them.

One more thing, current ICOs are copying existing ones.

I don't know why these happens, well we all know someone from gradeschool who copies the nerd's homework.

But the reality is that these are just "unexplainable" what a sad life.
foxydoxy

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:34:16 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2017, 08:56:55 AM by foxydoxy

Exactly! There are a lot of ICOs out there that is not interesting to invest, I don't know why other startups doesn't work on ICOs. These days I was researching on ICOs to see which one worth to invest and just find a few like https://gridplus.io/ and https://wepower.network/, there is another one called gilgameshplatform.com seems they haven't started marketing yet and I found their website accidentally in a press release which seems legit.

I think ICOs that are working on helping human beings and the earth is worth to invest not they want just gather your money.
Dralarn

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:50:48 AM

Quality is definitely a big issue right now. There are thousands of projects being launched and it's hard to even keep up on all the changes and "ideas" that are being presented. But that's an effect from the success of the blockchain itself. People are seeing these huge returns being made, and the huge amount of capital being raised by ICO's and many try to take advantage of it, even though they don't have a good idea or the technical know-how on how to implement and materialize their ideas. In my opinion, it seems that most are not genuinely interested in offering value, but are looking for a quick profit to make, which many do manage to make it. I believe that after having raised a significant amount of money, you are not that much motivated anymore to keep on working on whatever you have processed, starting to ligering on deadlines and demands and eventually letting investors move to other coins, and hoping that everything will be forgotten in the future (which it will be forgotten). Either way it's up to investors to identify these things and their responsiblity to understand when these kind of situations and "dangers" are present.
sky24

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:59:55 AM

People need to do their research before investing in ICOs. One quality ICO i can recommend is Propthereum.io. Their approach to the business behind the coin is what sets them apart from other upcoming ICOs. Everyone should check out their website and take a read of their whitepaper.
jeniferqueen0409

Activity: 394

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:07:18 AM

I think problem of nowadays ICOs is protect investors. Altcoin ICOs enable anyone with a vision to seek funding from the public easily without jumping through many hoops or barriers. Too many ICOs scammed.
Sanakibe

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:17:26 AM

For an ICO to be successfull it has to provide a need or service that is not already available or deliver it in a better way.
kabzon_btw

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:20:34 AM

I think the main problem is bad communication from the company. Plus, unrealistic road map and goals, the lack of advisors from the subject area
BlazAlt

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:34:11 AM

The problem is the sheer number of ICOs and vast amount of them are just selling ideas. Some of the ICOs are just selling ideas and haven't done anything and those are risky and should be avoided unless the team is really good with past experences and sucsessful projects. But some ICOs allready have a working project or a project in testing and those are safer, those are the ones that should be hunted and researched.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: